Sign in to follow this  
BoxFullofJoel

Keeper League: Josh Gordon or D. Thomas ?

I own both of these guys in a non ppr keeper league. What do you guys think ? Gordon is a beast and Thomas is in the better offense and I think Welker is on his last legs. Who would you keep ?

I usually like to roll the dice and go for the higher ceiling player. In this case it's Gordon. Although he's one drug test away from a year suspension, I think the reward is worth the risk. If he plays 16 games next year, going into his 3rd year (which is usually when WR's have their break-out) 14-20td's and 2000 yards in not out of the question. He's that good!

This is a tough call... I would lean towards consistency....SO D. Thomas would get my vote. I Have both of these guys as well, but have the luxury of keeping both as it is an auction league!

Does your league require you to declare keepers now? We have until mid-June, well after the draft and after first wave of cuts and NFL free agents. You'll be better prepared to answer question upon settling of CLE QB situation. But if put upon now, Gordon is my answer anyway as I am a high ceiling manager as well.

• Like 1

I usually like to roll the dice and go for the higher ceiling player. In this case it's Gordon. Although he's one drug test away from a year suspension, I think the reward is worth the risk. If he plays 16 games next year, going into his 3rd year (which is usually when WR's have their break-out) 14-20td's and 2000 yards in not out of the question. He's that good!

Image his numbers if he eliminated those easy dropped balls.

I own both of these guys in a non ppr keeper league. What do you guys think ? Gordon is a beast and Thomas is in the better offense and I think Welker is on his last legs. Who would you keep ?

i will take thomas . but its close .

I would keep Thomas.

1.) He is good.

2.) one dumb move and Gordon is gone...

Does your league require you to declare keepers now? We have until mid-June, well after the draft and after first wave of cuts and NFL free agents. You'll be better prepared to answer question upon settling of CLE QB situation. But if put upon now, Gordon is my answer anyway as I am a high ceiling manager as well.

Ding! Ding! Ding!

We have a winner. Most of the time, these decisions are made in August not December.

The draft has tons of QB prospects and Cleveland has tons of early picks. If Gordon gets a real QB and doesn't smoke himself into a year long suspension by then you'll want to keep him. If you've got to make the decision now, that's a lot of unsupervised non-babysitting and a roll of the QB dice, Thomas would be the safer bet.

• Like 1

Tough call, but I'm going with Flash Gordon.

Demaryius from what I know right now, for 1 Decker is a FA, Welker is iffy going forward with those concussions.

Now if Gordon gets a real QB we have a debate, but alot of Gordon's numbers come in a lot of garbage situations, and while I do doubt Cleveland fixes its D, I hate depending on the 4th Q for a lot of pts

Demaryius from what I know right now, for 1 Decker is a FA, Welker is iffy going forward with those concussions.

Now if Gordon gets a real QB we have a debate, but alot of Gordon's numbers come in a lot of garbage situations, and while I do doubt Cleveland fixes its D, I hate depending on the 4th Q for a lot of pts

Hey now Hater, don't be hating on the CLE defense lol...

This is actually a strength of this team, and a reason to believe they are going to be pretty good next year. You can build a team on a defense, especially one which ranked 10th in the NFL overall in yds allowed and was 9th in passing yds allowed. The only garbage time situation for the Browns was when they tried to run the football. If you're 27th in the league rushing the football you really can't do much else but pass. It's an anomaly because the offensive line is actually pretty good. In the trenches this team is poised to be good, but needs an explosive running back, and a competent quarterback in the worst way.

I would have to say D Thomas. Elway will have great QB's in Denver even after Peyton hangs em up. Also Gordon is too risky with his behavior and imagine what happens once he gets a huge contract...

I would have to say D Thomas. Elway will have great QB's in Denver even after Peyton hangs em up. Also Gordon is too risky with his behavior and imagine what happens once he gets a huge contract...

Gordon is still at least a year away from his next contract but most likely two with the rookie contract schedule. The quarterback argument that most people use against Gordon is mute since he put up ridiculous stats without one this season.

If you want to play it safe, Thomas is your pick. If you want a guy that can win your week almost singlehandedly, Gordon is your guy.

One could say that this season gives a good outlook for both guys in which Thomas' s 2013 stats would be his floor & Gordon's would be his ceiling. Not to mention Gordon has done his with 2 less games which is even more impressive.

• Like 1

What does safe mean? Last time I knew, Thomas was not as successful without manning. Gordon proves to be a beast with scrubs. If manning goes down then the uncertainty is there for Thomas as well as the concerns of Gordon being suspended. Based on high risk/reward player..I'm all in on Gordon.

What does safe mean? Last time I knew, Thomas was not as successful without manning. Gordon proves to be a beast with scrubs. If manning goes down then the uncertainty is there for Thomas as well as the concerns of Gordon being suspended. Based on high risk/reward player..I'm all in on Gordon.

:thumbsup:

• Like 1

Thomas for me , I dont see a difference in talent . there both super WR's . But better team and better QB makes it Thomas. Sure was a historic 4-5 games for Gordon but we see what happens now that teams double and triple him now. You cant double Thomas and he does it every week. Again its close but my opinion is Thomas.

Keep 2. I have Brandon Marshall, Jimmy Graham & Josh Gordon. I'll take the risk guy Gordon, even if I had D.Thomas, and Graham.

Thomas for me , I dont see a difference in talent . there both super WR's . But better team and better QB makes it Thomas. Sure was a historic 4-5 games for Gordon but we see what happens now that teams double and triple him now. You cant double Thomas and he does it every week. Again its close but my opinion is Thomas.

WR's can have extra attention payed to them but with 3-4 other skill position players on the field, no defense can triple team a WR. Many people thought that Belicheck would scheme to take Gordon out of the game but was unsuccessful.

Can't fault anyone who chooses DT over Gordon but he's immensely talented & has proven he can do it with an inferior quarterback. Will he be able to replicate the ridiculous run he went on in the latter part of the year? Probably not. But add in two more games & there's no reason those additional games won't result in similar numbers. The only thing that will hamper Gordon's potential is a big bag of Cleveland sticky icky.

Everyone saying Gordon because he has proven it with bad QBs, in the back half of '11 once healthy, Thomas put up some pretty strong stats himself...with TEBOW.

• Like 1

Everyone saying Gordon because he has proven it with bad QBs, in the back half of '11 once healthy, Thomas put up some pretty strong stats himself...with TEBOW.

What's your point? Tebows still better than the Cleveland trio.

Did anyone watch Gordon vs. Steelers this week? He literally looked like he did not want to play. He ran a half assed route, caught the ball if it was there and just didn't even fight for one yard. He would lift himself off the turf as if he just ran the ball for the 60th time.

I don't trust that guy. He was either high or didn't give a crap about effort.

I saw that too Murf. Kid is a monster talent. If you have him in dynasty great, you may want to see what you can get for him now. He'll be way over valued in redraft next year.

Did anyone watch Gordon vs. Steelers this week? He literally looked like he did not want to play. He ran a half assed route, caught the ball if it was there and just didn't even fight for one yard. He would lift himself off the turf as if he just ran the ball for the 60th time.

I don't trust that guy. He was either high or didn't give a crap about effort.

That's concerning... well, lets see who's going to be the HC and QB next year, that will determine a lot of his real value.