Sign in to follow this  
BunnysBastatrds

Two Inches Of Smow

pussays

Yup! Whole Fawking city shuts down. Kid not going to school:check! Wife off of work...check! Me off....check! Don't have a clue what to do tomorrow. Fawk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-26 actual temp three feet of snow on the ground. Business as usual. :wave:

-26 actual temp three feet of snow on the ground. Business in hell frozen over as usual. :wave:

Fixed again

-26 actual temp three feet of snow on the ground. Business as usual. :wave:

Where you live must be like Deliverance on snow tires

I am taking today off work as well, they are expecting snow/sleet around 1pm. The problem is that nobody knows how to drive on snow, the roads shut down. Even though I have driven my whole life in snow it doesnt matter. I cannot control the driver behind me.

squeel like a pig :music_guitarred:

Same here, the big problem is the city isn't equipped to handle it. Then you have the drivers who don't know what the hell they're doing.

Last Friday you'd see folks in a big truck trying to drive 85 then some assh0le going 15, focks everything up.

Is "Smow" your pecker's name?

That's what your wife calls it.

You cheating fuckface :banana:

I took the day off because it's colder than a polar bear's balls and because fock it, that's why.

:mad:

I took the day off because it's colder than a polar bear's balls and because fock it, that's why.

:mad:

Polar bear's balls are quite balmy these days due to MMGW ya puzzy. :thumbsdown:

I am taking today off work as well, they are expecting snow/sleet around 1pm. The problem is that nobody knows how to drive on snow, the roads shut down. Even though I have driven my whole life in snow it doesnt matter. I cannot control the driver behind me.

Aren't you more concerned with the driver in front of you? :unsure:

Aren't you more concerned with the driver in front of you? :unsure:

Only the ones coming at you.

1" of snow & the whole city takes the day off.

I love the South.

:wub:

i'm from new jersey. i am used to snow. however, that is not what is going on here in georgia. anyone can drive in snow, but who can drive on ice? i walk to and from work and watched cars creep along at 3 mph and yet still slide and crash into one another. it's difficult to go uphill or control you car downhill on the road with so much ice. when it snows, the city turns into a great big skating rink.

i noticed a reckless driver; he was from new jersey.

This is the perfect discription of where NorthernVike lives.

I grew up in ga and have lots of friends there. One told me that they had kids stuck in schools and on at least 1 bus was still stuck at 11pm last night....with kids on it. Meanwhile my buddy in Mississippi sent me a pick of what closed down school there. about a quarter of an inch of snow. Just enough so you could see it. Its crazy. I am looking out my window at 3ft of snow in jackson michigan and nobody even gives it a 2nd thought. its just background.

it because the roads are ice covered! we do not have salt and snow plows and people do not own tires with the proper treads. in nj i invested in tires that were good in snow. here, i just get all weather tires. i'm sure many people just buy cheapie tires that will not grip during snow/ice. most of the year it's miserably hot and days like this seem unfathomable.

oh I know. I lived an hour south of the atl for 15 years and saw snow 2 times.

Got a pick from my MIL of the "storm" that got her office in NC closed yesterday and cancelled today - maybe an inch blanket of powder. :lol:

We got that last night in Philly on top of the 3-4 inches of ice and corner snow banks that still haven't melted from last week.

We know how you measured the snow so accurately.

I like to laugh at places that can't deal with snow too, but really it isn't their fault. Those cities never have the resources for snow plowing and removal--why would they when it's only necessary once every few years? Same goes for drivers, they aren't used to driving in those conditions and they don't have AWD or 4 Wheel Drive or snow tires/chains because they'd almost never use them.

I like to laugh at places that can't deal with snow too, but really it isn't their fault. Those cities never have the resources for snow plowing and removal--why would they when it's only necessary once every few years? Same goes for drivers, they aren't used to driving in those conditions and they don't have AWD or 4 Wheel Drive or snow tires/chains because they'd almost never use them.

Sounds like they need to call someone...

Last two times we had snow or ice, we got slammed by hurricanes the following summer. Hope Obama turns off the machine or were fawked.

Come on over to the west side of Michigan. 70 inches in the month of January. The good times are ovah!

I grew up in ga and have lots of friends there. One told me that they had kids stuck in schools and on at least 1 bus was still stuck at 11pm last night....with kids on it. Meanwhile my buddy in Mississippi sent me a pick of what closed down school there. about a quarter of an inch of snow. Just enough so you could see it. Its crazy. I am looking out my window at 3ft of snow in jackson michigan and nobody even gives it a 2nd thought. its just background.

It's been a helluva winter in Michigan though. I grew up in Detroit and live in Mount Pleasant now, this is by far the coldest winter I've experienced. This was the first day it's been above 20 in almost 2 weeks. I think since mid November we have had maybe 3 or 4 days get above freezing. We haven't had any big snow storms up here, but there has been at least a foot on the ground since mid December, just because there hasn't been any kind of a thaw. Of course up here we always have cold snaps, but it's usually pre/proceeded by a thaw when we at least get up into the 40s, and we just haven't had this this winter, and the snow just keeps piling up. I went up to around Traverse City a few days ago, there is a legit 40"+ on the ground. I've only seen that much snow once before and it was in the UP.

It's been a helluva winter in Michigan though. I grew up in Detroit and live in Mount Pleasant now, this is by far the coldest winter I've experienced. This was the first day it's been above 20 in almost 2 weeks. I think since mid November we have had maybe 3 or 4 days get above freezing. We haven't had any big snow storms up here, but there has been at least a foot on the ground since mid December, just because there hasn't been any kind of a thaw. Of course up here we always have cold snaps, but it's usually pre/proceeded by a thaw when we at least get up into the 40s, and we just haven't had this this winter, and the snow just keeps piling up. I went up to around Traverse City a few days ago, there is a legit 40"+ on the ground. I've only seen that much snow once before and it was in the UP.

oh yea its been bad. But really this is just a makeup winter. The last 3 or 4 years what we had could barely be called winter. I have been up here for 14 years now and its by far the worst I have experienced. I drove home from kalkaska a month ago into the heart of winter storm Ion. I can not express how bad of a drive it was. It was so cold my windshield wipers kept sticking to the windshield and you could only see 5 ft ahead of you.

Over in the Flint area we have had a couple storms over 8" with the biggest being 14-18", and a couple stretches with temps around -20 F and wind chills in the negative 30s.

Over in the Flint area we have had a couple storms over 8" with the biggest being 14-18", and a couple stretches with temps around -20 F and wind chills in the negative 30s.

You also got the worst of that really bad ice storm. Up here we have missed the worst of the couple of bigger storms. A few 6-8 inch storms, and we didn't get any ice, we had people coming up here from Lansing and Flint since they had no power for a week around Christmas.

I went down to my dad's around New Years in Detroit, and while I was down there they had back to back 10-12 inch storms, and I drove to and from Chicago NYE/NY in a constant snow storm on 94. Then I drove back up right after the second storm when we had the first and worst arctic blast. I left at about 4pm, it was -6 with a 30mph wind blowing in the city, and 96 was just a wind swept tundra from Detroit to Lansing, couldn't see farther than about 50 yards the whole stretch.

Needless to say, 4WD has been well worth the extra $$ this winter.

Jan. 2014 brought Grand Rapids 41.9″ of snow, the 7th snowiest January ever in G.R. Snowfall totaled 48.4″ in Muskegon and 55″ in Holland. The average temperature was 6.3° below average in G.R., 7° below average in Kalamazoo and 8.1° below average in Lansing. Grand Rapids warmest was 43 on the 13th and the coldest was -9 on the 3rd and the 28th. We had six morning get to zero or colder, only 4 days without any snow, 13 days with more than an inch of snowfall and 5 days when we had 4″ or more. We had 16 days without a minute of sunshine and another 5 days with 10% or less of sunshine for the day. Only 3 days had more than 60% suunshine. Since Dec. 1 we have had just 17% of possible sunshine. The average wind speed was 12.3 mph. There were 17 days when Grand Rapids had a wind gust of 30 mph or more. The wind caused a lot of drifting snow.

I was wrong when i said 70 inches in January, What I ment was total for the winter season.

http://blogs.woodtv.com/2014/02/01/january-2014-wrap/