Sign in to follow this  
Filthy Fernadez

NFLPA HGH Tentative agreement reached - Breaking news.

Nah, just thought the inadvertent Scriptural reference (Matthew 5:19) created by the typo was interesting.....or providential?

Gotcha

The possibility of having Calvin Johnson, Graham and Gordon is SCARY!! #fingerscrossed

My commissioner texted me think morning asking why I picked up a car salesman. I told him I was in the market for a mint condition 92' Lebaron convertible & a lottery ticket for defending my 2013 FF title.... he didn't get it.

Ignorance is bliss. :)

We'll see... if this happens he'll unbalance many fantasy football leagues. Much cursing and gnashing of teeth will ensue.

This^ Essentially whomever picks up Gordon gets a free 2nd round receiver.

If someone bids FAAB on him, its conceivable they spend their seasons worth of money on him...again getting a free 2nd rounder. The dynamic of almost every league would dramatically favor the team that could get him.

For me...I picked him up in 6 of the 8 leagues I'm in. So I'm hoping for reinstatement and willing to hold for a week or two. Ideally this will be finalized prior to Monday though.

The possibility of having Calvin Johnson, Graham and Gordon is SCARY!! #fingerscrossed

Ha that's awesome! I'll have Calvin, Gordon, and my pick of either Antonio Brown or Percy Harvin for the 3rd spot.

• Like 1

I think a little bit of pee came out.....please let this come to fruition.

Demaryous, Julio, Gordon

With Cruz and Hunter on the bench.

ESPN Cleveland's Tony Grossi believes there's a "better than 50 percent chance" of Josh Gordon playing this season.

The NFL and NFLPA are working on a new drug policy that could seek to reverse suspensions that occurred this year. It potentially allows for Gordon and Wes Welker to be reinstated or see their bans reduced. There's currently several sticking points between the sides, however, and retroactively applying changes is a small part of a much larger negotiation. Gordon should continue to be stashed in all leagues until this situation works itself out. The earliest a new policy will be finalized is Monday or Tuesday.

I really hope this all pans out. The thought of:

Dez, AJ Green and Gordon in a PPR makes me happy!

And in my 10 team league (more of the "fun" less competitive league) it would be:

Julio, Alshon Jeffery, Gordon, Vincent Jackson, and TY Hilton!

I still dont think gordons suspension gets over turned. The one reason why i believe it would be overturned though is because it seems this deal is being rushed through a bit. Word is if the first game commences before a deal is struck gordon will be out for the entire season no matter what. So the fact that all of a sudden this deal is being rammed through, tells me the NFLPA wants gordon to play this year.

The other factor, the NFL wants gordon to play. The more gordon plays the more people watch cleveland games. The more cleveland games are watched the more jerseys and merch sells, the more the nfl makes on all of it. We cant deny the nfl is a greedy prlck of an organization. This is an opportunity for them to reverse a decision that couldnt have been avoided under the old rules, but can be changed under the new ones.

Drafted Gordon last year in the 11th round of 12-man keeper league. Had to wait until the last minute to choose between him and Crabtree. Luckily, I got a nice little tip at work and picked him up immediately. Graham, Crabtree, Gordon, Patterson.

I hope he plays so i can further expose our BS waiver system of first come first serve. Cant wait to hear all the owners in my league whining about how its unfair i grabbed gordon first. Ive been bitchhin about our waivers for years.

Those that are complaining about their leagues waiver process needs to find new leagues or stop complaining on here.

Only time it's first come first serve is AFTER the waiver claim goes through, probably on a Wednesday afternoon. Once the claims go through, it's first come first serve. I know my first come first serve locks at 830pm on Thursdays, right before the game. So when news broke about Gordon (before the 830 deadline) I grabbed him.

I predict that he comes back in week 5, following their week 4 bye. I could live with that. Yes, I own him in all 6 leagues.

Word is if the first game commences before a deal is struck gordon will be out for the entire season no matter what.

Word is? What word? Who? Do you have a link?

Jedi, im talking no waiver system accept for players that are dropped. Its BS but i dont have any other league options, so i roll with it. Calm down and go watch episode 3

Jedi, im talking no waiver system accept for players that are dropped. Its BS but i dont have any other league options, so i roll with it. Calm down and go watch episode 3

Then yeah, you have an issue. A dropped player needs to clear waivers before first come.

Sounds like you need to calm down. You're the one getting all excited over your leagues waiver process. So relax. No need to be an internet tough guy.

Anyway....back on subject.

Yeah one of my long-time leagues was like this for awhile and was kinda what I was alluding to in the other thread about "back in the day before smart phones" it was just a matter of whoever was at their computer Sunday afternoon when someone had a good game. It's probably not ideal but IMO it's not really "unfair" because pretty much everyone has a smart phone so everyone has an equal chance of going on their phone to make an add.

I am imagining everyone in my league waking up in the morning to Sunday NFL Countdown with breaking news of Josh Gordon's suspension is overturned. I wish I could see their reactions of running to the computer, cussing it out because it's starting slow, finally reaching to Yahoo Football and see that I added him last night LOL!!!!!!

Dez Bryant, Jordy Nelson, Julian Elderman, Emmauel Sanders, Jordan Matthews and the newly added Josh Gordon in a 14 keeper PPR league. :first:

I now have the possibility of AJ Green, Colston, Andre Johnson, Michael Floyd, and Gordon (10 man), and Demaryius Thomas, AJ Green, Harvin, Michael Floyd, Torrey Smith and Gordon (8man)

:shocking:

I am a newly minted Josh Gordon owner and agree with you and there is a lot of wishful thinking going on. Hey I'll take Gordon to go with Megatron but I do not have my hopes upO

One of few realistic owners in this thread. It's possible, but if Goodell is conceding on HGH, etc... is he also going to be conceding on the suspensions already in place? Still seems unlikely, but there is reason for hope.

Would love for Gordon to play but I feel like it won't happen. My team is weak at WR after I got Jimmy in the first followed by 2 RBs.

I just don't see the commish backing down.

Wouldn't it be in both the NFL and NFLPA's best interest to have their high profile players on the field and not selling cars?

They'll find a way to get him out there.

Just change the rules.

Wouldn't it be in both the NFL and NFLPA's best interest to have their high profile players on the field and not selling cars?

Just change the rules.

Lets not make it seem like he is some angel who just barely broke the rules. The dude is a habitual ass wipe. The NFL doesnt want those players representing the shield. While they do want the best players on the field, you throw the finger up to the NFL and their policies enough times they are going to make you pay.

The reason for hope is they are pushing to get this finalized ASAP and part of the reason for that is the NFLPA looking to get Gordon and Welker on the field. It's seems that is the main driving point for the pressure to get this done.

Just drafted Gordon in the 4th round, didn't think he would make it back to me (drafted 10th out of 10 teams). Worth the risk at that point IMO, I'm in quite a few leagues and don't have him in any, so figured WTH!

Just drafted Gordon in the 4th round, didn't think he would make it back to me (drafted 10th out of 10 teams). Worth the risk at that point IMO, I'm in quite a few leagues and don't have him in any, so figured WTH!

No way is he worth the risk there. Even if he does come back i would still be a little concerned about him getting busted again or his dont give a shlt attitude.

If you passed on cpat for him you are going to hate yourself.

Would have Calvin, Gordon, Andre, Allen, Mike Floyd, Crabtree and Colston in a 10 teamer.

That's gonna be a headache each week deciding who to start. Damn.

Just change the rules.

Though, I do agree with this. It seems pretty stupid to suspend one of the top few WRs in the league for the season when he barely failed the test.

Lets not make it seem like he is some angel who just barely broke the rules. The dude is a habitual ass wipe. The NFL doesnt want those players representing the shield. While they do want the best players on the field, you throw the finger up to the NFL and their policies enough times they are going to make you pay.

According to Colorado and Washington State law, he's an upstanding citizen. Every where else he's a habitual asswipe. that term made me laugh, btw.

According to Colorado and Washington State law, he's an upstanding citizen. Every where else he's a habitual asswipe. that term made me laugh, btw.

Glad i could bring a smile! I was more referring to his DUI and other past transgressions.

No way is he worth the risk there. Even if he does come back i would still be a little concerned about him getting busted again or his dont give a shlt attitude.

If you passed on cpat for him you are going to hate yourself.

If you knew he was coming back, Gordon would be a first round pick, maybe a 2nd...I already have C. Patterson, V. Jackson, R. White and K. Allen in other leagues, these are the only WR's I would have taken at that spot, so wasn't a big gamble to me.

Gordon missed the first 2-games last year, I bet if you had that same attitude and passed on drafting him then, you'd be hating yourself! :)