Sign in to follow this  
Gepetto

Darren McFadden or Joseph Randle

I have the option to keep Randle for $6 ($200 cap) in my auction keeper league. For that value, I will keep him, but I'm only expecting RB3 numbers.

yeah, at that price, you arent giving up much.

Rough call, both are just so equally irrelevant, do you already have a kicker?

Rough call, both are just so equally irrelevant, do you already have a kicker?

I agree, someone in my league is trying to unload him for a 1st round pick in 2016 and and a Charles Johnson like WR.

I agree, someone in my league is trying to unload him for a 1st round pick in 2016 and and a Charles Johnson like WR.

Isn't he a defensive end though?

No question big risk but with big reward if he pans out

The bottom line is the O-Line in Dallas is one of the best in football (if not THE best)

whoever runs behind that line will put up good numbers.

the risk right now is that we dont really know who that will be.

People have their opinions, but Nobody other than maybe the coaches in Dallas have a real good ideal (stress on the word 'maybe')

The only way to make this work for you is to grab all the starting options on the cheap (if you can get em cheap) and hope that one of them works out.

This may be one of those situations where it works better in an auction strategy rather than a draft strategy because both potential starters in dallas are expected to go around the same point in time. (give or take a round)

Yeah the thing is Dallas didn't draft a RB. Unless they pick up someone (CJ2K?) or someone who's cut it seems Randle has the lead on the job. Even CJ2K seems to have no heart. I don't see how he's not great value right now.

Satellite radio fantasy show the other day was discussing him being a game changer right now where he is going. Get a RB1 RB who could easily be top 5-10 RB by the end of the year. Now we will now more as training camp opens. As of now if nothing changes I believe he's the guy you want to target hopefully in round 4. Grab a stud RB in round 1 or 2 and 2 good WR's. There's your nucleus for a championship quality team.

I think Randle could be a huge risk but worth it. Great line and he seems to make big plays. I will gamble in the 4rth round. grab a stud rb in round 1 or 2 and grab 2 good wrs in the first 3 rounds.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2015/06/01/joseph-randle-by-the-numbers/

Randle in the 4th? Way too high for me (must be the meth).

Randle in the 4th? Way too high for me (must be the meth).

the lead back for the DAL offense will see 200 carries minimum--probably more like 230. only 17 RBs hit 200 carries last season. draft accordingly.

Both can be had after round 4.

It's quite possible one of them can win you your league.

I say McFadden.

To me there is absolutely no way mcfadden is the guy if you have to pick 1. He has been a MASSIVE disappointment and injury risk his entire career.

To me there is absolutely no way mcfadden is the guy if you have to pick 1. He has been a MASSIVE disappointment and injury risk his entire career.

Yeah one really good season. otherwise bust central.

McRandle I mean RanFadden all season with a touch of Dunbar

I meant a McRanBar backfield

here is the thing the coyboys line lends itself to the type of runner rundmc is. an upright runner just like murry. a runner that does not hit CONTACT 5 yards down field. having a line like this could make him a beast.

Heck if I did not get contact five yards down field I could be the Cowboys beast .

he lead the league with 1845 yards last year. 847 of those were before he was even touched. without that line he is a sub 1k rusher.

Problem I have with McFadden is , when he was a Raider he was the worst of the RBs they had just look at his per carry avg . Now no question he is on a much better team and running behind a much better oline than there was with the Raiders , but the other Raiders RBs behind the same line where better than he was . I'm not buying I think Randle is the buy .

What probably kept Randle off the field more last season than DeMarco Murray is the fact they didn't trust him protecting Romo on blitz pickups. Has he had an epiphany?

Problem I have with McFadden is , when he was a Raider he was the worst of the RBs they had just look at his per carry avg . Now no question he is on a much better team and running behind a much better oline than there was with the Raiders , but the other Raiders RBs behind the same line where better than he was . I'm not buying I think Randle is the buy .

You forgot that MJD was on the Raiders last year

What probably kept Randle off the field more last season than DeMarco Murray is the fact they didn't trust him protecting Romo on blitz pickups. Has he had an epiphany?

That and Randle had a fumbling problem... You'd think a guy so good at stealing shiat could hold on to a stupid football.

You guys are going to kill yourself trying to guess our RB situation... Right now nobody knows, not even Garrett and Linehan I don't think. Training camp is damn near here - we will find out then.

You forgot that MJD was on the Raiders last year

No did not forget it that's apart of the point , plus L Murray was on that team also .

That and Randle had a fumbling problem... You'd think a guy so good at stealing shiat could hold on to a stupid football.

You guys are going to kill yourself trying to guess our RB situation... Right now nobody knows, not even the Garrett and Linehan I don't think. Training camp is damn near here - we will find out then.

I still think the solution should lie elsewhere. By the way right here I'll acknowledge my error in predicting AP would be a Cowboy by July 4th. But there may be better options via trade. Knile Davis, Khiry Robinson... man I'd be looking into everything.

I choose Option 3: "The Cowboys throw the ball 800 times this year, no Dallas RB gains over 500 yards rushing, and Lance Dunbar is the only rosterable RB by the FF playoffs, and only then for desperate owners in PPR leagues. "

In other words: The Clusterf0ck: Do Not Draft Option

I choose Option 3: "The Cowboys throw the ball 800 times this year, no Dallas RB gains over 500 yards rushing, and Lance Dunbar is the only rosterable RB by the FF playoffs, and only then for desperate owners in PPR leagues. "

In other words: The Clusterf0ck: Do Not Draft Option

Lol... I drafted Terrence Williams last year expecting that option.

Lol... I drafted Terrence Williams last year expecting that option.

Yeah Right. Keep it on the downlow. Got it.

:cloakanddagger:

he lead the league with 1845 yards last year. 847 of those were before he was even touched. without that line he is a sub 1k rusher.

that's going too far. murray may not be a special talent, but he has been a good RB since he cracked the starting lineup. even when DAL's run blocking sucked, he was putting up respectable numbers.

You guys are going to kill yourself trying to guess our RB situation... Right now nobody knows, not even the Garrett and Linehan I don't think. Training camp is damn near here - we will find out then.

completely this. we won't know the regular season starter until the 3rd preseason game, and we won't know the primary back until week 4 or so of the regular season. randle is likely to be the guy, and whoever "reaches" for him in the 4th/5th is likely to see the playoffs. but we won't know for sure for a long time.

No did not forget it that's apart of the point , plus L Murray was on that team also .

MJD averaged a full yard less than McFadden last year. Granted, he didn't get too many carries. McFadden was terrible but far from the worst back on the Raiders last year

Randle not getting any punishment legally for theft is a joke, if we did that we might be in Jail for a certain period of time. A fine and a deferred judgement? Stop it.

He is a person who should have gotten a jail, a wealthy man stealing? Yay, legal system!

that's going too far. murray may not be a special talent, but he has been a good RB since he cracked the starting lineup. even when DAL's run blocking sucked, he was putting up respectable numbers.

Heard an interview with LT on ESPN radio Dallas yesterday. They were discussing DeMarco Murray in particular, with LT emphasizing that Murray was a power runner and how his style re-defined the Cowboys last year into a power running football team. He remarked that it was a style completely new and foreign to THIS Cowboys team, how playing that type of football protected an otherwise mediocre at best defense and allowed Tony Romo to attempt 100 fewer passes last season. He doubted any of the current stable of runners could produce this style of running.

BUT, he also clarified the remark about Murray leaving yards on the field. Since Murray IS a punishing runner, often when emerging from the hole into the second level, and being confronted with a linebacker or DB, he would lower his head and initiate contact. LT kept talking how Murray liked to deliver punishment. Where on the other hand a different runner would try to make a move and perhaps escape contact thereby maximizing chances of picking up more yardage.

It was a credible argument to clarify McFragile's remark of Murray leaving yards on the field, which I initially thought was a joke.

It was a credible argument to clarify McFragile's remark of Murray leaving yards on the field, which I initially thought was a joke.

Unless I missed something, it was Randle who said Murray left some meat on the bone. I haven't heard a thing from McFadden.

Unless I missed something, it was Randle who said Murray left some meat on the bone. I haven't heard a thing from McFadden.

Yeah I consider Randle a nonentity here. He'll play the Derrick Lasick role in this year's Cowboy offense.

I'm sorry tried to google but could not find... There was a quote from McFragile shortly after he signed that said something to the tune of "if he saw the holes Murray did he's not fooling around he's taking it to the house..." Not important, considering McFragile is already nursing an owie on his hammy, but it was relevant to my thoughts above.

Heard an interview with LT on ESPN radio Dallas yesterday. They were discussing DeMarco Murray in particular, with LT emphasizing that Murray was a power runner and how his style re-defined the Cowboys last year into a power running football team. He remarked that it was a style completely new and foreign to THIS Cowboys team, how playing that type of football protected an otherwise mediocre at best defense and allowed Tony Romo to attempt 100 fewer passes last season. He doubted any of the current stable of runners could produce this style of running.

BUT, he also clarified the remark about Murray leaving yards on the field. Since Murray IS a punishing runner, often when emerging from the hole into the second level, and being confronted with a linebacker or DB, he would lower his head and initiate contact. LT kept talking how Murray liked to deliver punishment. Where on the other hand a different runner would try to make a move and perhaps escape contact thereby maximizing chances of picking up more yardage.

i don't disagree with any of this (except the randle/DMC clarification). everyone who has looked at film has come to the same conclusion: randle shouldn't have said it, but he wasn't wrong. murray has a limited toolbox. if he can turn the corner or is given a hole, he can do good things. but he has limited vision, is not very elusive in the hole, and seeks contact instead of maximizing yardage. the contact thing relates to his fumbling problem, which should have been a simple fix. but the guy is just too stubborn to evolve his game. whether it's an ego thing or not, i don't know, but murray flat-out refused to put a second hand on the ball. it was infuriating to watch. he also refused to come out of games, which is a big part of why his productivity went down sharply after week 8.

as for this stable of runners, i have to agree. DMC is a speed back also, but lacks the necessary physicality. randle is a wiggle runner, who can take contact but won't deliver a hit. he's much more elusive in the hole, but isn't the kind of guy who will punish defenders. combine randle's vision and elusiveness with murray's speed, heart, and physicality, and you have a top-tier back. that's why we all had dreams of gurley wearing the star.

so it's going to be interesting this season. i still think that DAL will need ~500 rushing attempts in order to be really successful. randle/DMC aren't the kinds of runners who will beat up a team the way murray beat up SEA, but then again, randle gashed their 8-man box pretty effectively. so which is going to be more important: physically beating up a defense, or simply producing enough yardage to beat them?

JJ made his wager. it's going to be fascinating to see how it plays out.

I've gotten an early giggle out of all those that think just bcoz Murray is gone - we're basically going to the Run and Shoot... You don't assemble an offensive line like this to chunk it all over the field... Many are going to be surprised.

They had a pretty good offensive line to open the 1993 season too. I still think they're a move away. And when I say 'away,' I mean NFC champs.