Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
cbfalcon

New Music I can't stop listening to - PART 2

Recommended Posts

A little over a year old now, but if you guys are fans of Bob Dylan you will love Wolfsuka.

10/10

1:00 - 1:30 it sounds just like Dylan.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Not sure that this counts as "new" but I was just turned onto these guys and have been listening to them a lot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not new but I had never heard of her until I read an article recently.  I really like her.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Old Town Road with Billy Ray is a good song. 

"Why are men great until they gotta be great?" Amen, Lizzo!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, peenie said:

Old Town Road with Billy Ray is a good song. 

"Why are men great until they gotta be great?" Amen, Lizzo!

 

Is that a giant ballon of a woman’s ass in a thong?  I think I was just #metoo’d

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Saw Ghost the other week with my son and then a few days later with my daughter. Super fun. Here's the latest song from an EP titled "Seven Inches Of Satanic Panic".  It has a 60s vibe since it is from 1969 (also not really). 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎9‎/‎26‎/‎2019 at 10:29 AM, KSB2424 said:

Is that a giant ballon of a woman’s ass in a thong?  I think I was just #metoo’d

The thing is, she sang that song live on the MTV Awards, not lip-synced. I wasn't even fond of her music until I saw that performance which was really energetic and fun.

I saw her live here in Atlanta. Maybe you can see me, my cell phone light is the one on the left ;):

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/9/2019 at 12:37 PM, iam90sbaby said:

A little over a year old now, but if you guys are fans of Bob Dylan you will love Wolfsuka.

10/10

1:00 - 1:30 it sounds just like Dylan.

I liked it.........so I checked them out a bit. ( Interesting little band )

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Big Guy said:

I liked it.........so I checked them out a bit. ( Interesting little band )

 

Yeah they are really good. I’ve heard that song a million times, never saw the video before. Definitely wasn’t filmed in the south side of Chicago that’s for sure 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I cannot stop listening to Sturgill Simpson's new record.  It's not country, its not rock, its not jam, its not techno,.  I'm not sure what genre it falls in but I don't care.  :thumbsup:

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No video just a bad ass song.  

 

Lookin' out the window
At a world on fire
Flames see the end is near
Seen all the sights
Tired of the lights
So you can let me off right here
 
This town's getting crowded
Truth's been shrouded
Think it's time to change up the sound
 
Yeah, the wheels keep turning
The flames get higher
Another cycle rolls around
 
Face in the mirror's all skin and bone
Bloodshot eyes and a heart of stone
Never again, I'd rather be alone
Think I'm gonna just stay home
And make art, not friends
 
I love saying "No" to all the "Yes" men
Just to see the look on their face
I love how everybody knows what's best
But nobody knows their place
 
Sucker every second, stack 'em up to the sky
For every winner there's a hundred that die
So you get yours, stay out of mine
Here's to the memories, where do I sign?
 
Face in the mirror's all skin and bone
Bloodshot eyes and a heart of stone
Never again, I'd rather be alone
Think I'm gonna just stay home
And make art, not friends
 
Oh it's getting hard to find a good friend
So close the door behind you
Falling when more come in
Nobody writes, nobody calls
Nobody bother 'cause I'm over it all
 
Face in the mirror's all skin and bone
Bloodshot eyes and a heart of stone
Never again, I'd rather be alone
Think I'm gonna just stay home
Think about my friends

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/26/2019 at 8:37 PM, DonS said:

Saw Ghost the other week with my son and then a few days later with my daughter. Super fun. Here's the latest song from an EP titled "Seven Inches Of Satanic Panic".  It has a 60s vibe since it is from 1969 (also not really). 

 

I'm sorry but any band that has to paint their face or wear masks is lame as hell.  I just can't.  Lame.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/27/2019 at 2:27 PM, peenie said:

The thing is, she sang that song live on the MTV Awards, not lip-synced. I wasn't even fond of her music until I saw that performance which was really energetic and fun.

I saw her live here in Atlanta. Maybe you can see me, my cell phone light is the one on the left ;):

Not my genre, but I can respect the bolded peenie.   

ETA:  Actually after watching it again (not the one above but the MTV video), it is fun.  💯

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This album comes out Friday but I ordered a pre-order vinyl package and concert experience so it came in the mail for me today :banana:

got the signed vinyl, tickets to a show in StL in December, a soundcheck laminated pass, t-shirt and magnet.  I'm giddy.  And this song is fockin greta :headbanger:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

11 days away and I'll be in StL for this show.  :banana:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know there are a few punk / hardcore fans here - this short (22 min) album by a band called No Option focking rips, if you like bands like Black Flag, Agnostic Front, Cro Mags etc.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not really "new" since they've bee around for several years, and their latest release is from 2018, but new to me.  Going to see The Pineapple Thief next week at a small venue so I'm familiarizing myself with their discography.  The upcoming show got my attention since drummer is Gavin Harrison from Porcupine Tree.

Ever listen to them @nzoner

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/6/2019 at 5:43 PM, DonS said:

Not really "new" since they've bee around for several years, and their latest release is from 2018, but new to me.  Going to see The Pineapple Thief next week at a small venue so I'm familiarizing myself with their discography.  The upcoming show got my attention since drummer is Gavin Harrison from Porcupine Tree.

Ever listen to them @nzoner

 

Yes,in fact saw them live when they opened for Steven Wilson on the hand Cannot Erase Tour,you'll like them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, nzoner said:

Yes,in fact saw them live when they opened for Steven Wilson on the hand Cannot Erase Tour,you'll like them.

Cool. They were supposed to open for SW when my son and I saw them in Portland, but they had to cancel due to a visa issue. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, DonS said:

Cool. They were supposed to open for SW when my son and I saw them in Portland, but they had to cancel due to a visa issue. 

It'll be great to see Gavin again,personally he's my favorite drummer,it's a real shame more people don't know about him.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/27/2019 at 5:05 PM, Big Guy said:

I liked it.........so I checked them out a bit. ( Interesting little band )

 

Theymightbegiants

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/3/2019 at 4:55 PM, MDC said:

I know there are a few punk / hardcore fans here - this short (22 min) album by a band called No Option focking rips, if you like bands like Black Flag, Agnostic Front, Cro Mags etc.

 

 

This is the best band in HC right now

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, bandrus1 said:

This is the best band in HC right now

 

 

I will give them a listen, thanks. 👍🏻 

If you haven’t heard Turnstile they’re my current favorite HC band, definitely check them out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, MDC said:

I will give them a listen, thanks. 👍🏻 

If you haven’t heard Turnstile they’re my current favorite HC band, definitely check them out.

I pass on Turnstile not my jam

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, bandrus1 said:

I pass on Turnstile not my jam

Too bad, great live show.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Stumbled across a band called Wheel while listening to Progressive Metal channel on Spotify.  Bit of a TOOL vibe. 

After listening to them a bit I discovered that they'll be playing a small venue in May as the opener to another Finnish band called Swallow The Sun, who are also pretty decent.

$20 for a fun night of live music. Can't beat that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/29/2019 at 11:14 AM, KSB2424 said:

I cannot stop listening to Sturgill Simpson's new record.  It's not country, its not rock, its not jam, its not techno,.  I'm not sure what genre it falls in but I don't care.  :thumbsup:

 

 

very black keysish..interesting artist

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/3/2019 at 4:55 PM, MDC said:

I know there are a few punk / hardcore fans here - this short (22 min) album by a band called No Option focking rips, if you like bands like Black Flag, Agnostic Front, Cro Mags etc.

 

 

oh, me likey.  sounds more metal with hardcore style vocals than punk or hardcore, though I dont know the hardcore scene.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/27/2019 at 2:27 PM, peenie said:

The thing is, she sang that song live on the MTV Awards, not lip-synced. I wasn't even fond of her music until I saw that performance which was really energetic and fun.

I saw her live here in Atlanta. Maybe you can see me, my cell phone light is the one on the left ;):

 

never heard her until SNL recently, not my thing, but get it, good song and she is talented

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/3/2019 at 4:46 PM, cmh6476 said:

 

 

11 days away and I'll be in StL for this show.  :banana:

Lead guitarist for Dispatch and State Radio..check them out if you haven't

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Herbivore said:

oh, me likey.  sounds more metal with hardcore style vocals than punk or hardcore, though I dont know the hardcore scene.  

If you haven’t heard the album Time and Space by Turnstile definitely give that a listen. ✊ 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Herbivore said:

Lead guitarist for Dispatch and State Radio..check them out if you haven't

Know them both well.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×