Sign in to follow this  
edjr

Now that the transcripts have been released for deflategate.....

I believe Wells spoke with them - and then just left everything they said out of his "independent" report.

Based on that, I'd guess their testimonies won't help the NFL much.

The NFL isn't deciding who testifies anymore, and Wells didn't have them under oath. If they get up there and say they did it on their own, Brady is cleared in my mind. If they say they didn't do it at all, then they are liars in my mind.

I'm cool with Newbie using the "Luck" card if we can also use the "Luck" card on the Giant Super Bowl wins. By that rational, the Pats won 5 Supers Bowl. :first: :banana:

I have a funny feeling, "Luck" is just a one way street my shirtless friend. :bandana:

I'm cool with Newbie using the "Luck" card if we can also use the "Luck" card on the Giant Super Bowl wins. By that rational, the Pats won 5 Supers Bowl. :first: :banana:

I have a funny feeling, "Luck" is just a one way street my shirtless friend. :bandana:

comparing skillful catches which guys train for all their lives, to having the opposing coach hand you the game.

Nice try carrot top

Direct that at Pats fans too, who always claim how luckythe NYG were.

What are your thoughts going to be when the NFL loses this case and the judge reinstates Brady? Everything i'm hearing is that the NFL is getting their a$$ handed to them and they've done a sh!tty job presenting their case because they have no evidence to prove he did anything wrong.

Goodell's ego in this is going to cost him his job. When Brady gets fully reinstated and doesn't miss a single game, Goodell will have lost all credibility. I can see every player challenging him in federal court for the simplest of offenses. He'll be spending all his time tied up in the court system instead of doing actual commish work.

They were not there to present their case or all evidence.

They seemed to get beat up on it...but its more about the process and what Goodell is allowed to do.

Its very possible the judge , if there is no settlement, rips the NFL for some things but does not overturn the suspension.

Bradys team also ton some shots over how it would be possible he didn't know anything

Edit...and even that could cost Goodell his job.

I don't - the Giants beat the Pats twice ( :wall: ) and the Patriots beat the Seahawks. If the Patriots didn't want it to come down to a helmet catch, they should have done more in the game (hold onto the INT Asante!!) to prevent it coming to that. If the Seahawks didn't want it to come down to amazing play by a CB, they should have stopped the best QB in the game during the 4th quarter.

One can whine all they want, but what matters in the end is what the score is when the time hits 0:00 and who has their name on the trophy.

One thing that is funny for all the Carrol bashing, no one seems to mind that he went for a TD with 6 seconds left in the 1st half when all of America was yelling "Take the 3 points!!!" When it works, you are a genius when it flops you are a boob. :pointstosky:

They seemed to get beat up on it...but its more about the process and what Goodell is allowed to do.

Its very possible the judge , if there is no settlement, rips the NFL for some things but does not overturn the suspension.

Bradys team also ton some shots over how it would be possible he didn't know anything

What? They are there to defend their decision to suspend Brady for four games. They can produce any evidence they want to prove their case. And apparently, they haven't proved anything as of yet. Are you paying attention to the proceedings.

I think the helmet catch was pretty lucky, but I don't think Pats fans say the Giants were lucky to win either of the games. G-men deserved to win both. Pats were right there and could have won if they had only made one play, Asante, and then Welker.

What? They are there to defend their decision to suspend Brady for four games. They can produce any evidence they want to prove their case. And apparently, they haven't proved anything as of yet. Are you paying attention to the proceedings.

I think ShoNuff is technically correct. This case is now SUPPOSED to be about whether or not the commissioner had the right to do what he did to Brady......as opposed to whether or not Brady is actually guilty. That being said, it's all related. Just because the commissioner has the right to punish, that doesn't mean the commissioner can just suspend at will with no basis. So there could be a "letter of the law" vs "spirit of the law" debate.

I somewhat predict a harsher version of ShoNuff's scenario. The judge will rip the NFL to shreds and strongly imply if not flat out state that they should not have even pursued this suspension based on the evidence they have, but then he'll say the CBA gives the commissioner the right to do that.........In the end, Brady misses his 4 games, but the judge is so hard on the league that Brady's side is emboldened to file another lawsuit (possibly defamation)...and the public and media lose so much faith in Goodell that the owners are forced to act, resulting in Goodell being out of a job within a year.

I think the helmet catch was pretty lucky, but I don't think Pats fans say the Giants were lucky to win either of the games. G-men deserved to win both. Pats were right there and could have won if they had only made one play, Asante, and then Welker.

I always thought the Asante play was a little more difficult than it looked. It looks to me it hit off the top of his fingertips. Still a horrendous play by Eli.

Its more about the process and the judge can pretty much ask for anything. He grilled them on not having direct evidence at this point.

We don't know what they "proved" other than knowing they don't have direct evidence. (something we already knew).

I think ShoNuff is technically correct. This case is now SUPPOSED to be about whether or not the commissioner had the right to do what he did to Brady......as opposed to whether or not Brady is actually guilty. That being said, it's all related. Just because the commissioner has the right to punish, that doesn't mean the commissioner can just suspend at will with no basis. So there could be a "letter of the law" vs "spirit of the law" debate.

I somewhat predict a harsher version of ShoNuff's scenario. The judge will rip the NFL to shreds and strongly imply if not flat out state that they should not have even pursued this suspension based on the evidence they have, but then he'll say the CBA gives the commissioner the right to do that.........In the end, Brady misses his 4 games, but the judge is so hard on the league that Brady's side is emboldened to file another lawsuit (possibly defamation)...and the public and media lose so much faith in Goodell that the owners are forced to act, resulting in Goodell being out of a job within a year.

Oh yeah...I think the NFL will state that they will change some procedures for what they need in order to suspend for on the field stuff.

Public faith or media faith in Goodell won't be any deciding factor IMO. They have faced that before and the owners still have stuck with him.

Why didn't Brady use the George Castanza excuse. Remember when George got the grapefuit juice in his eye and was inadvertantly winking at everybody. Kramer asks him about the Yankee autographs and George replies that why would he risk his job with the Yankees for a couple hundred buks and then unwittingly winks, giving Kramer the thought he was meaning the opposite without actually saying so.

Remember Kramer later says I thought we had an understanding.

So the ballboys know Brady has said on record that he prefers the balls a little softer and a ballboy asks Brady if he wants him to deflate the balls a few psi. Brady says no he doesn't want to risk breaking the rules and not to do that - then winks because he had gotten grapefruit juice in his eye while having his upscale breakfast that morning with his model wife. Ballboy thinks Brady actually wants him to deflate balls and does so.

Then it's all just a big misunderstanding and the lowly paid ball boys must go to counselling. Done deal.

Amirite?

Are you all sure one of you isn't Bill Simmons?

Holy fock his whining meltdown on twitter in the past couple of hours.

Sounds just like a few of you in here.

Are you all sure one of you isn't Bill Simmons?

Holy fock his whining meltdown on twitter in the past couple of hours.

Sounds just like a few of you in here.

someone forgot to tell Simmons that a,professional is supposed to, at least, PRETEND to look at things with an unbiased view. He's really sickening. Like Worms, he would definitely swallow brady's seed.

It looks like Brady's marriage may be in trouble and they have bickered for years. Maybe a reason for not sharing tabloid worthy texts with a leaky NFL?

http://www.inquisitr.com/2333164/tom-brady-divorce-rumors-swirl-after-gisele-bundchen-quarrel-prenuptial-pact-may-prevent-divorce-war-video/

But despite being known as a glued-together couple, Brady and Bundchen secretly battle, reported MSN.

And an insider revealed that Gisele and Tom have been having problems for awhile.

Things between Tom and Gisele have been strained for a long time, declared the source. Gisele is ramping up the social media activity because her marriage is breaking down.

How bad is it? Brady is so close to a divorce that he and Bundchen only communicate by sending each other nasty text messages.

It looks like Brady's marriage may be in trouble and they have bickered for years. Maybe a reason for not sharing tabloid worthy texts with a leaky NFL?

http://www.inquisitr.com/2333164/tom-brady-divorce-rumors-swirl-after-gisele-bundchen-quarrel-prenuptial-pact-may-prevent-divorce-war-video/

But despite being known as a glued-together couple, Brady and Bundchen secretly battle, reported MSN.

And an insider revealed that Gisele and Tom have been having problems for awhile.

Things between Tom and Gisele have been strained for a long time, declared the source. Gisele is ramping up the social media activity because her marriage is breaking down.

How bad is it? Brady is so close to a divorce that he and Bundchen only communicate by sending each other nasty text messages.

Eventually, the fact that her husband likes the cack has to take its toll.

This is how it went down on the Pats sideline:

This is how it went down on the Pats sideline:

Of course it did... all that hard work and preparation lead to some luck.

Of course it did... all that hard work and preparation lead to some luck.

I'd rather see how it went down in the locker room and when the equipment dudes snuck the bag of balls into the mens room. No YouTube video on that, huh? :music_guitarred:

:(

Who posted in: Now that the transcripts have been re...
Member name Posts
NewbieJr 175
Sho Nuff 96

:(

Who posted in: Now that the transcripts have been re...
Member name Posts
NewbieJr 175
Sho Nuff 96

Someone has to mock your cheating scumbag team. I take great pleasure. Expect the number to keep climbing. :music_guitarred:

https://nflpaweb.blob.core.windows.net/media/Default/PDFs/Media%20Resources/NFLPA%20Opp%27n%20to%20NFLMC%20Motion.pdf

IN THE UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT FOR THE SOUTHERN DISTRICT OF NEW YORK ------------------------------------------------------------------- x NATIONAL FOOTBALL LEAGUE : MANAGEMENT COUNCIL, : : Plaintiff, : Case No. 15-cv-5916 (RMB)(JCF) : -v.- : : : NATIONAL FOOTBALL LEAGUE : PLAYERS ASSOCIATION, : : Defendant-Counterclaimant. : : ------------------------------------------------------------------- x THE NFLPA’S MEMORANDUM OF LAW IN OPPOSITION TO THE NFL’S MOTION TO CONFIRM ARBITRATION AWARD

Doesn't look good for Goodell.

https://nflpaweb.blob.core.windows.net/media/Default/PDFs/Media%20Resources/NFLPA%20Opp%27n%20to%20NFLMC%20Motion.pdf

IN THE UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT FOR THE SOUTHERN DISTRICT OF NEW YORK ------------------------------------------------------------------- x NATIONAL FOOTBALL LEAGUE : MANAGEMENT COUNCIL, : : Plaintiff, : Case No. 15-cv-5916 (RMB)(JCF) : -v.- : : : NATIONAL FOOTBALL LEAGUE : PLAYERS ASSOCIATION, : : Defendant-Counterclaimant. : : ------------------------------------------------------------------- x THE NFLPA’S MEMORANDUM OF LAW IN OPPOSITION TO THE NFL’S MOTION TO CONFIRM ARBITRATION AWARD

Doesn't look good for Goodell.

Care to unwrap that for us?

Care to unwrap that for us?

A new filing by Brady that is a direct attack at Goodell. Basically calling him a liar with an agenda that wasn't fair from the begining when all this started. It paints a bad picture of Goodell. Brady is not backing down and going all in. There is probably no chance either will settle and this is going to be decided by the judge.

You should read it. You've posted in here enough to warrant reading it.

A new filing by Brady that is a direct attack at Goodell. Basically calling him a liar with an agenda that wasn't fair from the begining when all this started. It paints a bad picture of Goodell. Brady is not backing down and going all in. There is probably no chance either will settle and this is going to be decided by the judge.

You should read it. You've posted in here enough to warrant reading it.

I read several articles detailing it over the weekend, and I agreed with every word.

I browsed over the headlines but one caught my attention so I had to read it. Turns out Goodell is threatening Brady by saying he can increase his suspension if he feels like it. If Brady does end up losing the case Goodell, according to him, has the power to increase Brady's suspension however he deems necessary. I see it sort as a threat and Goodell basically saying "stop this legal nonsense or I'll increase your punishment". Here's the link

http://www.inquisitr.com/2339290/tom-brady-suspension-deflategate/

So Brady files that on Friday. Since that time, things I've read from the NFL include:

• Judge, even if you don't believe Brady was involved in deflating footballs, you do not have the legal right to rule against us.
  • Brady, if you want a settlement, you have to confess to perjury first.
  • Brady, if you want a settlement, you have to state that Goodell can punish as he sees fit, thus effectively expanding his powers under the CBA
  • Brady, if you don't comply, we may give you even more games.

But yet, some still see the league as the good guys. Bullying, threats, intimidation, power grabs. Weird.

So Brady files that on Friday. Since that time, things I've read from the NFL include:

• Judge, even if you don't believe Brady was involved in deflating footballs, you do not have the legal right to rule against us.
  • Brady, if you want a settlement, you have to state that Goodell can punish as he sees fit, thus effectively expanding his powers under the CBA

But yet, some still see the league as the good guys. Bullying, threats, intimidation, power grabs. Weird.

I don't think anyone here has expressed that the league are the good guys in this. But the integrity of the game, and the concern for that, leads most to side with the assumption that the Patriots cheated, and Brady had a hand in it. You don't have to think Goodell and company are good guys or even competent to see that. They are neither, but that doesn't make Brady and the Pats innocent.

CBA already gives him the power to punish as he did.

CBA already gives him the power to punish as he did.

I read some legal dude make the case that if the NFLPA/Brady were to settle now, and include that statement as part of the settlement, it would in effect increase Goodell's power from a legal standpoint. The thinking being an Adrien Peterson and Greg Hardy for instance wouldn't be able to win their appeals in the future, or even really attempt to appeal.

and who would those people be? I haven't seen one single person defending Goodell or saying the investigation was done superbly. In fact, most have said it's been botched.

But that doesn't make a guilty person innocent.

A couple of things:

Did anybody see the NFL player poll on ESPN? They asked them questions about deflategate. I have to do this from memory, but I believe 72% of the players think Brady is guilty. Also around 84% don't care about whatever was done to the balls at all. They figure all the teams do something. I wonder how many have put helium in the balls.

Also, Brady is not expected to attend the hearing today. Will the judge be offended and decide for the league? Is he giving up? does it make him look guilty?

Personally, I hope that what ever happens, Brady plays the Cowboys in week four. Who wants to watch the backup QB and give the Pats fans a huge excuse for getting beat. I always want to see the best team the competition can field.