Sign in to follow this  
edjr

Now that the transcripts have been released for deflategate.....

Well this Eagle's fan is smart enough to know that 17-0 with a championship is a helluva lot better than 18-1 and losing to a Wild Card team. :doh:

... and the Patriots' 5th best season (being 18-1 and losing a heartbreaker in the SB) is a helluva lot better than any other season the Eagles have had.

... and the Patriots' 5th best season (being 18-1 and losing a heartbreaker in the SB) is a helluva lot better than any other season the Eagles have had.

But none were as good as the Dolphins 72 season. Too bad so sad :(

Holy ... are you guys 12? I feel like I'm in an AOL chatroom 20 years ago.

Holy ######... are you guys 12? I feel like I'm in an AOL chatroom 20 years ago.

Welcome

http://pagesix.com/2015/09/06/robert-kraft-deflategate-judge-chat-at-hamptons-media-party/

Patriots owner Robert Kraft mingled with Judge Richard Berman, who overturned the NFL suspension of Tom Brady over his alleged role in Deflategate, at a Hamptons Labor Day party full of media and business power brokers.

Kraft was chatting with Berman at Discovery Communications chief David Zaslav and his wife Pam’s party at their East Hampton estate, also attended by Oprah Winfrey, Martha Stewart, Harvey Weinstein, Lloyd Blankfeinrich, NY Giants co-owner Jon Tisch and wife Lizzie, Katie Couric, and Hilaria and Alec Baldwin.

The 1%'ers look out for each other. :thumbsup:

Holy ######... are you guys 12? I feel like I'm in an AOL chatroom 20 years ago.

Those were the days.....hey, wanna cyber? :wub:

Either way. They admitted the spygate cheating. And yes, giving up a first round pick is pretty significant for someone who claims innocence. If it was a slap on the wrist that would be one thing, but a First rounder, a fourth rounder and a million? You don't accept that without knowing you're culpable. On a side note, I wonder how the Patriots felt about Goodell when he destroyed the Spygate videos?

Bump

NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) Brandon Marshall isnt afraid to speak his mind, and that was on full display on Tuesday night.

Discussing the nullification of Tom Bradys four-game suspension on Showtimes Inside the NFL, the Jets wide receiver theorized about how race might have played a role in Judge Richard M. Bermans decision.

White players, specifically at the quarterback position, are treated differently, the five-time Pro Bowler said.

Marshall told host Adam Schein that many black players feel that they are held to different standards than their white counterparts

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2015/09/09/brandon-marshall-brady-nfl/

NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) Brandon Marshall isnt afraid to speak his mind, and that was on full display on Tuesday night.

Discussing the nullification of Tom Bradys four-game suspension on Showtimes Inside the NFL, the Jets wide receiver theorized about how race might have played a role in Judge Richard M. Bermans decision.

White players, specifically at the quarterback position, are treated differently, the five-time Pro Bowler said.

Marshall told host Adam Schein that many black players feel that they are held to different standards than their white counterparts

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2015/09/09/brandon-marshall-brady-nfl/

:lol: Never miss a chance to pretend its racial..... :wacko:

:lol: Never miss a chance to pretend its racial..... :wacko:

I saw that earlier today. I was like "really?" Nothing whatsoever to do with race yet SOMEONE has to bring race into it. And ESPN it stupid for running it.

Is he off his bipolar meds?

So, its racial, after the commish suspends golden white boy Brady 4 games (and most agree that was overboard)...yet suspended black woman beater Rice 2 games initially (which most agreed was too lenient).

But the NFL punishes black guys more?

Oof.

Again, this shows how the media suckers us. I'm of the opinion that Marshall's quote was probably reasonably accurate......of course, my opinion is based on his full quote.

Now I don't know if there is a history or racism or whatever. But I absolutely believe that those 3 views exist amongst the players.

Jets receiver Brandon Marshall said some NFL players think there's a double standard based on skin color when it comes to the way the league metes out discipline.

"The race card," Marshall said during his first appearance of the 2015 season on "Inside the NFL," which aired Tuesday night on Showtime. "There are a lot of players out there that believe that—white players specifically, at the quarterback position—are treated differently."

Marshall and his co-panelists were discussing (what else?) the all-consuming tsunami that is Deflategate, and specifically Tom Brady, the Patriots' quarterback whose four-game NFL suspension was tossed out by a federal judge last week.

"I think that there's three different types of players' view [sic] in this thing," Marshall said.

"No. 1 is the fighter. I think there's guys that's in the fight with Tom. When one player's rights are upheld, then all players' rights are upheld. It's not about what he did, if he's right or wrong. It's more about the process. Is it fair?

"The second is cowards—I call them cowards. That's the guys that are afraid to face Tom Brady. They want him suspended; I don't believe in that."

The third, according to Marshall, was "the race card."

Marshall's answer brought a reaction from "Inside the NFL" co-panelist and former Jets quarterback Boomer Esiason. "So you're telling me that there are players out there—and I don't know if you believe this," Esiason said with a glance toward Phil Simms, another co-panelist and a former Giants quarterback. "That there are players out there, that if this were Cam Newton, that his suspension would be upheld, and he would be there, that the judge would see Cam Newton differently because of the color of his skin?"

To which Marshall replied: "Well, when you look back at the history of this sport, you can build a case on that, yes."

Esiason pointed out that white players have been suspended at times "as much as black players." Host Adam Schein was about to interject, but Marshall had more to say.

"One second, Adam," Marshall said. "I think that the important role that I play on this show is to give the viewers [an] inside look of the locker room. I am a player right now. This is not just from our locker room; this is from the locker rooms across the states. This is how guys are feeling. This is not just my opinion. These are conversations I'm having with guys."

Schein then asked if those players believe black players are held to a different standard.

"Absolutely," Marshall said. "At times, at times, at times, yes."

Lets end this quickly and easily.

Whole buncha sour grapes by guys who get outcoached by Belichek and outplayed by Brady. And i hate the fuuckin Pats.

They been filming and stealing signals since like FOREVER!!!

exactly.

exactly.

Is that supposed to convince someone that the NFL did a piss poor investigation and fudged some of the facts? I'm pretty sure everyone here knows that and knew it all along. And a court of law verified it. So what's the point of the video?

Is that supposed to convince someone that the NFL did a piss poor investigation and fudged some of the facts? I'm pretty sure everyone here knows that and knew it all along. And a court of law verified it. So what's the point of the video?

IN KNOW SCENT

So what's the point of the video?

legal experts, special prosecutors, physics professors, 60 minutes, and a federal judge claimed that the process was deeply flawed and brady was innocent of wrong doing - but people who threw up against him in the SuperBowl still believe in Bigfoot and Roger Goodell.

legal experts, special prosecutors, physics professors, 60 minutes, and a federal judge claimed that the process was deeply flawed and brady was innocent of wrong doing - but people who threw up against him in the SuperBowl still believe in Bigfoot and Roger Goodell.

Not ball busting, but he was declared innocent? You're either guilty or not guilty.

Not ball busting, but he was declared innocent? You're either guilty or not guilty.

Pats fans are too stupid to even know what that hearing was about. Actually, the do know. But they're pretending the judge ruled that Brady didn't instruct The Deflator (lolol. sorry, still can't type that without laughing) to let air out of the balls.

Not to split hairs here but Bigfoot is indeed real....

Pats fans are too stupid to even know what that hearing was about. Actually, the do know. But they're pretending the judge ruled that Brady didn't instruct The Deflator (lolol. sorry, still can't type that without laughing) to let air out of the balls.

Weeks ago I would have been with u on this. However too much evidence clearing Brady and making the NFL look like liars is just too much for me to admit that anymore

Weeks ago I would have been with u on this. However too much evidence clearing Brady and making the NFL look like liars is just too much for me to admit that anymore

if the Patriots believed that, they'd be fighting to get those draft picks back. The Pats are very very satisfied with how everything turned out.

if the Patriots believed that, they'd be fighting to get those draft picks back. The Pats are very very satisfied with how everything turned out.

We know we know........You claim that the Patriots accepting the punishment demonstrates guilt........yet Brady not accepting the punishment demonstrates guilt...We got it.

:doh:

And by "it", I mean "we understand you are irrational and incapable of objective thought" :thumbsup:

At this point I don't know if they just don't care or if they are planning on doing things through the courts. I have no idea of the appeal process for a team punishment. But looking at everything objectively I would say they need to appeal cause the NFL seems to have tried their hardest to make them guilty when not finding anything

:wacko:

There is no evidence clearing Brady. The only evidence concerning Brady at all are the texts, logic and common sense. It may be circumstantial, and not meeting the burden of proof in a court, but it all points to his guilt.

• Like 1

:wacko:

There is no evidence clearing Brady. The only evidence concerning Brady at all are the texts, logic and common sense. It may be circumstantial, and not meeting the burden of proof in a court, but it all points to his guilt.

Plus 'The Deflator', plus destroying his phone the day he was to meet Wells.

Plus the fact that the balls were barely under the threshold, the colts balls were under as well, they don't know which needle they used as the two gave different readings, no texts between Brady and the ball boys (they had all texts on ball boys phones, multiple professors and scientists saying the balls would have naturally dropped. The list goes on. At first like I said I believed they had did it. But when you have SO many people coming forth saying that a lot of the evidence points to innocence then you kind of have to go with it. If it was just speculation I wouldn't really say anything. But when it's backed up by hard facts and science and multiple scientists and lawyers then I tend to believe that over the NFL. Especially now

Plus the fact that the balls were barely under the threshold, the colts balls were under as well, they don't know which needle they used as the two gave different readings, no texts between Brady and the ball boys (they had all texts on ball boys phones, multiple professors and scientists saying the balls would have naturally dropped. The list goes on. At first like I said I believed they had did it. But when you have SO many people coming forth saying that a lot of the evidence points to innocence then you kind of have to go with it. If it was just speculation I wouldn't really say anything. But when it's backed up by hard facts and science and multiple scientists and lawyers then I tend to believe that over the NFL. Especially now

Kraft and the Patriots are just silently willing to give up two draft picks? Even though they're not guilty of anything? LOL Think.

Kraft and the Patriots are just silently willing to give up two draft picks? Even though they're not guilty of anything? LOL Think.

You are right, they should sue in court that they were willfully misled into acquiesing. Given the fact it was based off of phony leaked reports, and no evidence whatsoever to substantiate anything it was downright fraudulent.

I'm sure if Kraft had it to do over again he would have stood his ground.

So guilty he was reinstated.... You'd think the NFL would have issue with such a brazen lawbreaker who nicknames himself after all the rules he breaks...

You are right, they should sue in court that they were willfully misled into acquiesing. Given the fact it was based off of phony leaked reports, and no evidence whatsoever to substantiate anything it was downright fraudulent.

I'm sure if Kraft had it to do over again he would have stood his ground.

Yes still fired the employee's? :dunno:

They were never fired. They have both been reinstated and are currently working.

Why were they suspended?

They were never fired. They have both been reinstated and are currently working.

:thumbsup:

both no longer handle footballs, re-assigned to headset and communications.

Why were they suspended?

If you have employees that were possibly involved in a scandal you wouldn't let them come to work either. Yet they are reinstated and working. All this "why were the ball boys fired" or "why did Kraft accept the punishment then" is now all complete BS. Kraft was given extremely false info that made it look like something went on so he just accepted without trying to fight it to help appease the league. The ball boys were suspended as well because of this. Now that everything has come out the ball boys are reinstated and I do believe Kraft should sue the NFL for misleading information and pretty much lying straight to his face about the whole ordeal. Look at it objectively for once instead of always "I hate the patriots so no matter what you say it won't change my mind". That kind of attitude gets you nowhere in life