Frank   M

Republicans: Does this worry you?

Trump: 25%

Carson: 12%

Cruz: 10%

Bush: 9%

Walker: 6%

Rubio: 4%

These are the latest Fox News poll numbers. The top candidates are two guys with no government experience whatsoever and the next guy is a first term senator (sound familiar?), with Bush, Rubio, and Walker all falling.

We may all think that these things shake themselves out eventually, but Trump is enjoying sustained support over time so far, unlike Santorum, Huckabee, and Bachmann in the last cycle, where they each rose and fell quickly. Plus he has loads of cash and doesn't have to worry about fundraising.

What will you do if he becomes the nominee? If that happens, the likelihood of Clinton winning rises dramatically, but even if he manages to win, he would be an unmitigated disaster as President. Nobody likes politicians, but a person needs political experience to be an effective President.

The more time goes on and he doesn't fade, the more I think the unthinkable could happen.

That looks bad, the republican nominee will be just like someone awarding a trophy for tallest dwarf

Honestly? It is a bit weird to me.....yes.

I still think Trump has no shot though. That 25% will not grow. Those are the hardcore, right of the right folks. The other 75% is being divided up all over the place, so once those narrow down to Trump and like two other real contenders I think Trump falls off the map.

Also, polls are a bit funny. I'm not 100% sure they are a real indicator of much when its all said and done.

I really wish Kasich and Paul were doing better though. :(

I can stomach Walker, Rubio, Christie and Bush too.

I think Carson and Carlye each would be good......VP's.

The rest are trash.

I'm surprised Trump is doing as well as he is in the polls, but I have serious doubts he can win the nomination. We'll see. On the other side, this e-mail thing is killing Clinton. Depending how the investigations go, she could become unelectable. If that happens, what's plan B for the Dems?

I'm surprised Trump is doing as well as he is in the polls, but I have serious doubts he can win the nomination. We'll see. On the other side, this e-mail thing is killing Clinton. Depending how the investigations go, she could become unelectable. If that happens, what's plan B for the Dems?

Good question. Bernie Sanders or someone who hasn't announced.

Biden?

I think she weathers the storm. The question is will she be damaged enough to lose the election.

Carson getting the odd bump...just think he would be a trainwreck internationally.

But Cruz polling 3rd probably scares me more than Trump #1 (as I know that will eventually fall).

Seems to me...whoever is voting in these polls is either going for the trainwreck...or just moutbreathing idiots (or both).

I seriously do not see the email issue hurting Clinton at all.

If republicans were smart, Rubio would be the nominee

If republicans wanted to pick the best guy to run the country, Kasich would be the nominee

I doubt they will do either though :(

• Like 1

Yes I think the email thing has done her in. It has legs and its a legitimate concern that everyone can easily comprehend. Makes her untrustworthy and people aren't going to vote for someone they think they can't trust. Just incredibly dumb thing to do on her part.

I think Biden should step in. I like Sanders but could he really win the general election? Maybe...it's that kind of election cycle. But Biden would be much safer. Maybe O'Malley gains traction at some point.

It's killing her now, and if they find secret or TS stuff, she's toast.

Even if they don't find anything, she's so polarizing and hateable, it will be hard to overcome this. With all the tape on her stretching the truth, if this comes to be legit, she's done.

They destroyed much better people for less, handling of secret material is pretty strict.

If republicans were smart, Rubio would be the nominee

If republicans wanted to pick the best guy to run the country, Kasich would be the nominee

I doubt they will do either though :(

Agree with this. I'm not a big fan of Rubio, but he's better then 90% of the R field.

• Like 1

It's killing her now, and if they find secret or TS stuff, she's toast.

Even if they don't find anything, she's so polarizing and hateable, it will be hard to overcome this. With all the tape on her stretching the truth, if this comes to be legit, she's done.

They destroyed much better people for less, handling of secret material is pretty strict.

I recall the Bush White House "losing" tens of millions of emails it had sent via an RNC server and nobody who wasn't already predisposed to hate Bush really cared. I think Clinton fans like Bush supporters are pretty comfortable with the fact that she's a scumbag. I just don't see this as a campaign ending scandal although they'll try.

The entire field of candidates is so weak right now.

I read an article a couple weeks ago that theorized the Trump thing in a way I agree with.

Right now,Trump is so in everyone's face and in the public eye, that the first question Republican voters are having to ask themselves is "Would I vote for Trump?". 25% are saying yes, and 75% are saying now. That 25% is likely to mostly stick with him, but that 75% is likely to mostly stay away from him. Logically thinking, this seems very likely to be true........Then the other 16 people are dividing up the other 75% of the vote. But as those candidates fall off, the 75% will be divided amongst less people.

If this is in fact the case, Trump has no shot really

edit to say, I see KSB said essentially the same thing as this.

The entire field of candidates is so weak right now.

+1

Unless Kasich is the nominee, I'm holding my nose while I vote. Again.

Everyone keeps saying that Trump will fall, but he couldn't possibly make more blunders than he's making, and still the dumbasses on the right keep supporting him. He went after a Fox News anchor woman, for Christ sakes! Talk about biting the hand that feeds you. But it makes no difference. The guy is bullet proof. In a year where the leading Democratic candidate has a possibly huge scandal to deal with and the Presidency is ripe for the pickens, the GOP might actually be dumb enough to screw that up by choosing a guy just because they think it's cute when he says stupid things. :doh:

• Like 1

I read an article a couple weeks ago that theorized the Trump thing in a way I agree with.

Right now,Trump is so in everyone's face and in the public eye, that the first question Republican voters are having to ask themselves is "Would I vote for Trump?". 25% are saying yes, and 75% are saying now. That 25% is likely to mostly stick with him, but that 75% is likely to mostly stay away from him. Logically thinking, this seems very likely to be true........Then the other 16 people are dividing up the other 75% of the vote. But as those candidates fall off, the 75% will be divided amongst less people.

If this is in fact the case, Trump has no shot really

edit to say, I see KSB said essentially the same thing as this.

Conceptually, I agree, but never underestimate the power of unlimited money.

Plus all of the ones falling off are the experienced politicians. So eventually Trump dies away and we're left with someone like Cruz.

I don't see that as a whole lot better.

I think she weathers the storm. The question is will she be damaged enough to lose the election.

The problem is that the most damaging information on this case may not have come out yet. The number of classified e-mails found in what she turned over to State has now risen to 60, and I don't think that number is done rising yet.. ABC reported that there is a strong likelihood of a backup of the entire server. If that's the case, I have no doubt some very damaging information is going to be found on the server. She turned over a server that had been professionally wiped last week. You don't do that unless there's something on it you don't want anyone to find. If the e-mail issue was at it's conclusion I"d agree with you but I think it may be in it's infancy, in which case she could easily become unelectable and quick.

i think the polls are particularly misleading at this point... zero concern

Everyone keeps saying that Trump will fall, but he couldn't possibly make more blunders than he's making, and still the dumbasses on the right keep supporting him. He went after a Fox News anchor woman, for Christ sakes! Talk about biting the hand that feeds you. But it makes no difference. The guy is bullet proof. In a year where the leading Democratic candidate has a possibly huge scandal to deal with and the Presidency is ripe for the pickens, the GOP might actually be dumb enough to screw that up by choosing a guy just because they think it's cute when he says stupid things. :doh:

Fox News picks and chooses who they like. They've been anti-Trump across the board from the start. That's why they tried to sabotage Trump at the debate with deliberate personal attacks, while lobbing softballs to their preferred candidates, and ignored the rest of the debaters. Trump should be pissed at them.

Fox News constantly ignored Ron Paul's presidential runs, and are ignoring Rand Paul this time around as well. The Pauls get far more love from MSNBC and CNN, and coverage, than Fox News.

they aren't blunders, they are examples of being bold... MSNBC may call them blunders, but they spend all day micro dissecting and twisting statements into 'blunders' i.e. Carson did a report on fetal tissue...

Obama got elected and people are still surprised by polls.

Biden is plan B is he should be plan A.

I am for a president with no experience, the problem is I do not like trump the person. Too bad it wasn't another business man running.

Yes I think the email thing has done her in. It has legs and its a legitimate concern that everyone can easily comprehend. Makes her untrustworthy and people aren't going to vote for someone they think they can't trust. Just incredibly dumb thing to do on her part.

I think Biden should step in. I like Sanders but could he really win the general election? Maybe...it's that kind of election cycle. But Biden would be much safer. Maybe O'Malley gains traction at some point.

No traction... No plan B... Dem strategy will intensify into turning the whole thing into a dumpster fire.... They should have ran Elizabeth Warren... huge mistake by the party not to do it...

No traction... No plan B... Dem strategy will intensify into turning the whole thing into a dumpster fire.... They should have ran Elizabeth Warren... huge mistake by the party not to do it...

I like a lot of what Sanders stands for, but he seems really intent on raising the minimum wage to $15 per hour. I think that's so stupid.

Of course you don't. Bob Woodward compared it to Nixon and his thousands of hours of secretly taped conversations that he believed were private. And we all know how that turned out. :overhead:

There also may be a second server. And the classified email count is up to 305. That's not gonna hurt her.

Of course you don't. Bob Woodward compared it to Nixon and his thousands of hours of secretly taped conversations that he believed were private. And we all know how that turned out. :overhead:

There also may be a second server. And the classified email count is up to 305. That's not gonna hurt her.

The Bush White House "lost" literally millions of emails that were sent on an RNC server and nothing happened. I realize you guys can't help getting swept up in the latest scandal but this seems a lot like Benghazi, something only hard line Republicans are going to care about a few months from now.

Trump's popularity has little to do with party (D or R)... Trump isn't a politician and for better or worse, he smashes political correctness and doesn't speak "political-babble" when he answers a questions. Policy (and lunacy) aside - people like that Trump says what he wants, when he wants, and isn't "owned" or "beholden to" any party, company, agenda, etc.

Bottom line: I don't like or agree with many things Trump has said, but I do like that he just says them doesn't give a damn how some headline or political opponent will try to leverage it.

The Bush White House "lost" literally millions of emails that were sent on an RNC server and nothing happened. I realize you guys can't help getting swept up in the latest scandal but this seems a lot like Benghazi, something only hard line Republicans are going to care about a few months from now.

I think it's a pass because it was a party server, not one that bush had set up in his house, pretty big difference

Disagree. I think this one resonates with a lot of independents and even some democrats. There are many layers to it too. First it's very secretive and that makes you think she can't be trusted in general. Second it's a breach of email security protocol so that makes you wonder if she can be trusted with sensitive information. Her email server had better be more bulletproof than Fort Knox and I guarantee you it isn't. And even if it is then you circle back to the secretive problem.

And like Strike said the other shoe hasn't even fallen on this yet. What kind of violations are they going to find vis-a-vis security of information and breach of protocol? Is there any super damaging substantive stuff on there that will come to light?

Only way I see her surviving this is if some official investigation determines that this was no big deal and I just can't ever see that happening. Other people would potentially face criminal liability for what she did

I don't know anything about the Bush lost e-mails. You're welcome to provide a link. But what concerns me about the Clinton e-mail issue is the lack of security on the server. It had literally no security for the first three months of it's existence. She's had some hack set it up and it wasn't secure. She's the SOS, handling top secret information, and it's going through a completely insecure system. That should concern any American. It's inexcusable and shows terrible judgment, even if one thinks she didn't have any ill intent with her actions. Throw all the lies on top of that and I can't see how anyone can consider her a worthy candidate.

Trump's popularity has little to do with party (D or R)... Trump isn't a politician and for better or worse, he smashes political correctness and doesn't speak "political-babble" when he answers a questions. Policy (and lunacy) aside - people like that Trump says what he wants, when he wants, and isn't "owned" or "beholden to" any party, company, agenda, etc.

Bottom line: I don't like or agree with many things Trump has said, but I do like that he just says them doesn't give a damn how some headline or political opponent will try to leverage it.

If trump was running as a democrat, I'd be very concerned.

Only crazy people say anything that comes to their minds without fear.

I loved him at the debate. To just brazenly say he's bought off politicians...nobody ever cops to it but it happens all the time and will only get worse and worse thanks to Citizen United. In some ways I think Trump is actually doing a service to this country by opening up dialogue and putting it all out there. Would never vote for him of course, but I do hope he sticks around a little longer

In some ways I think Trump is actually doing a service to this country by opening up dialogue and putting it all out there.

yes.

so many are tired of D's and R's and their game that continually goes round-and-round.

I like that Trump can make everyone uncomfortable and say things that the D's and Rs have all "wink-wink, nod-nod, AGREED" not to say. Wouldn't you love to hear Trump ask Hillary about the emails in a direct one-on-one conversation/debate? Even the reporters are too afraid to ask how and what Trump would ask.

The one big "gotcha'" with Trump is that whole idea that, "Donald, you filed for bankruptcy 3 times and the US government bailed you out with its programs and giveaways, you do realize there's no bailout for the government itself if you bankrupt it - there's no 'oops' or 'do-over' or 'system' to exploit if you screw this one up"

I think it's a pass because it was a party server, not one that bush had set up in his house, pretty big difference

I thought the issue was in doing government business off the WH server therefore avoiding any record or oversight? At least that's what it sounded like back when this was a Benghazi related issue.

What exactly has he said that he should be afraid of people hearing?

It's cute right now because he's the brazen jackass who runs off at the mouth and makes everyone laugh about it. But the possibility that he may be the actual leader of our country and representing us amongst foreign leaders is terrifying. As much as the system sucks in many ways, it's nice to have someone with a bit of class and couth representing us to the rest of the world. Not everyone's drunken great uncle.

• Like 1

The more I hear democrats ask republicans if they are concerned, the more I see that they are the ones who are concerned about losing to him.

What exactly has he said that he should be afraid of people hearing?

I suspect that Trump would gladly offend political leaders of other nations during negotiations... whether it's yellow North Koreans or rag-head sheiks... and while there's part of me that likes the "Go F' yourself" approach, I'm not sure that it's a good approach for truly building a better, more peaceful world.