joneo

NFL Schedule Sucks

I'm a believer that home field is a big advantage in the NFL. I am also a believer that starting out the season with a win is huge, both statistically and mentally. So when the schedule came out I looked at my Vikings and what do I see? For the 3rd year in a row, they start off on the focking road. Then to make it even worse, it's the 2nd game on Monday night and we play San Francisco at 10:20 pm ET.... WTF!!!!

So even further, it sucks because the game is so focking late that those of us with jobs have to get less sleep. ALSO, That puts the Vikings with a short week of practice and travel for week 2 against a divisional opponent.

Just a big FUCK YOU to the NFL... go FUCK YOURSELVES. :mad:

- maybe AsshatP can drag Gooddel to the 'whupping room' and stuff leaves in his mouf ... that'll learn 'em!!1!¹!

HTH -

Well, at least you can rest easy knowing they're the worst team in the Norris, so it doesn't really matter who, when or where they play on any given week.

• Like 2

Put on your blonde pigtails and cry some more.

:cry:

Fock off, seriously! :mad:

Try jumping up and down with a hot towel wrapped around your head.

And if you are genuinely pissed, grit your teeth at the same time, bringing your knees to your chest.

I'm a believer that home field is a big advantage in the NFL. I am also a believer that starting out the season with a win is huge, both statistically and mentally. So when the schedule came out I looked at my Vikings and what do I see? For the 3rd year in a row, they start off on the focking road. Then to make it even worse, it's the 2nd game on Monday night and we play San Francisco at 10:20 pm ET.... WTF!!!!

So even further, it sucks because the game is so focking late that those of us with jobs have to get less sleep. ALSO, That puts the Vikings with a short week of practice and travel for week 2 against a divisional opponent.

I'd GLADLY start our first 3 games on the road - if I could have at least 3 of my 4 December games at home. We have to go on the road 3 times in December - including Green Bay and Buffalo - that's brutal.

Much rather be at home in December than in September.

• Like 1

I'd GLADLY start our first 3 games on the road - if I could have at least 3 of my 4 December games at home. We have to go on the road 3 times in December - including Green Bay and Buffalo - that's brutal.

Much rather be at home in December than in September

Understand that point BUT two different things. Just saying momentum, motivation, excitement for fans is over looked. Statistically, the most this should happen is 2 years in a row. :thumbsdown:

Understand that point BUT two different things. Just saying momentum, motivation, excitement for fans is over looked. Statistically, the most this should happen is 2 years in a row. :thumbsdown:

Maybe it's that way in Minny - but not here. Football from high school, college and pros is Religion here - no problem keeping the fire going even if they started on the road every year.

At least your team didn't have to play a preseason game on that of a field they have in Pittsburgh.

Teams who play Monday night week 1, are 22-12 in week 2 at home since 1990.

Teams who start on the road on Sunday win 40%. Teams who start on the road on Monday win 44%.

Teams who play Monday night week 1, are 22-12 in week 2 at home since 1990. you're saying that only 34 times since 1990 are real numbers? Please show your link as it appears B.S.

Teams who start on the road on Sunday win 40%. Teams who start on the road on Monday win 44%.

Not my point as much as a fan, the schedule sucks. Central time zone start is 8:30. It would be convenient to start earlier. Although, starting out the season with a loss is a statistical disadvantage.

From 1988 until 2005 the Cards played in an outdoor stadium (ASU). Because it is still triple digits in September, the league always started the Cards off with a bunch of road games, which contributed to their perennial failure. Well, them sucking also contributed to it. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

At least your team didn't have to play a preseason game on that ###### of a field they have in Pittsburgh.

Frozen. Tundra.

On 8/23/2015 at 10:14 AM, joneo said:

:cry: :cry: :cry:

:banana:

Patriots 4 wins max

Is this separating out the announcement of the schedule over a few days new or is it just me?

It's focking stupid. It's a schedule. We already know who our favorite team's opponents will be based on last year's finish. The order we play them isn't important enough to make an event out of it.

Just now, Voltaire said:

Is this separating out the announcement of the schedule over a few days new or is it just me?

It's focking stupid. It's a schedule. We already know who our favorite team's opponents will be based on last year's finish. The order we play them isn't important enough to make an event out of it.

They did it last year too but I think it's getting worse.   I bet we get a few fox games tomorrow morning and maybe an international game or two, then another surprise Wednesday morning and maybe some leaks then the show on nfl network Wednesday night.   At least that's my guess. 

As a chiefs season ticket holder, I do now have those tix and parking pass in my ap and can sell and transfer them if I want, so there's that. 

Just now, cmh6476 said:

They did it last year too but I think it's getting worse.   I bet we get a few fox games tomorrow morning and maybe an international game or two, then another surprise Wednesday morning and maybe some leaks then the show on nfl network Wednesday night.   At least that's my guess. 

As a chiefs season ticket holder, I do now have those tix and parking pass in my ap and can sell and transfer them if I want, so there's that. 

Hi boyo.  Hope that Mahomes jersey brings you good luck...except against the Ravens.

22 minutes ago, BeachGuy23 said:

Hi boyo.  Hope that Mahomes jersey brings you good luck...except against the Ravens.

Ravens fan?

Just now, BeachGuy23 said:

A close relative. 

Pathetic 

Well I do git 4 tix to that home opener...

2-0

That's kind of focking lame for everyone else.   Chiefs/ Ravens, Browns/ Cowboys, then everyone gets to hear about another chiefs matchup before anything else comes out. 

I guess that's what cbs wanted to highlight after nbc and fox went first :mellow:

15 minutes ago, cmh6476 said:

That's kind of focking lame for everyone else.   Chiefs/ Ravens, Browns/ Cowboys, then everyone gets to hear about another chiefs matchup before anything else comes out. 

I guess that's what cbs wanted to highlight after nbc and fox went first :mellow:

Im interested in the schedules.   But Im not on the edge of my seat lol.  

Packers schedule usually gets fully leaked before any other teams.  

Just now, listen2me 23 said:

Im interested in the schedules.   But Im not on the edge of my seat lol.  

Packers schedule usually gets fully leaked before any other teams.  

I just think it'd be nice to offer everyone a carrot and know about a game or two before the entire thing is released tomorrow. 

Just now, cmh6476 said:

I just think it'd be nice to offer everyone a carrot and know about a game or two before the entire thing is released tomorrow. 

They usually all start falling tomorrow.   Before the release.  Packers will have a fully leaked schedule out by mid day tomorrow.  Happens every year.  

2 hours ago, cmh6476 said:

Damn, Chiefs going 0-5 to start the season 😢 

57 minutes ago, cmh6476 said:

absolutely ridiculous. At least it isn't at home. One of the shows I listen to briefly was saying as a Jets fan, anything but having us open on MNF again. Bart Scott agreed. 

6 minutes ago, WhiteWonder said:

absolutely ridiculous. At least it isn't at home. One of the shows I listen to briefly was saying as a Jets fan, anything but having us open on MNF again. Bart Scott agreed. 

Imagine the ratings though, woooo! 😊 

Means Buffalo will open the year at home.  Probably 1pm vs the Pats.  

6 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

Means Buffalo will open the year at home.  Probably 1pm vs the Pats.  

Maybe, maybe not.   I also imagine they save a lot of divisional matchups for later in the year.   But chiefs start out with 2 in a row at home...