Sign in to follow this  
edjr

Has anyone answered the question of who gets all the Romo passes now?

Other than Witten of course?

and dudes at the gay ranch. HEY OH!

no, seriously?

It's time for T Williams to shine if he is worth wr one money that others have said that the might be making next season .

one of the reasons DAL went short at WR is that escobar and dunbar can both be effective. however, DAL has a glut of slot guys, and only 2 legitimate outside receivers--williams and street. due to the downfield nature of DAL's scheme, williams is the most immediate beneficiary, but he will already be owned in most leagues. they want to bring in another big body, but that guy will be pure depth rather than a 3rd WR.

beasley will probably see the greatest increase. romo has made a career of finding slot guys, and linehan was already been working on expanding beasley's package during the offseason. he should be rostered in all leagues, as should dunbar.

IMO, it is unlikely that escobar will be a viable option. he will get looks (especially in the RZ), but you have to consider scheme, and DAL has never been big on feeding the ball to the 2nd TE. so we'll probably see an occasional TD, to go along with 2-3 receptions and a handful of yards per game.

If I had to pick one I'd say Beasley. With Dez out, T-Will moves to #1 and draws the defense's best cover guy. That doesn't bode well for him. I think Beasley sees more targets as a result.

Ultimately though, I think Romo spreads the ball around to several different receivers and makes it difficult to nail down who will benefit the most.

We're still trying to figure out who gets all the Romo handoffs. Stop confusing us.

If Twill is going to draw the top CB, i want street out of the two outside receivers. I added both street and beasly in the dynasty league where i have Dez. Unfuckingfortunately, i also have Jordy in that league... with how horrific my luck has been the past 2 years, i didnt think it could happen again, but of course i was wrong.

I think beastly is the one to own. Witten will get doubled most the time Twill might too, along with the top corner.

I have no idea why the answer here is not Williams. Beasley is too small, Street is too raw, and Escobar is never utilized. I think we see Williams get more and better targets and more running.

I don't think Williams draws double coverage unless he proves he's worthy of that respect. Why bother, I'd use that extra guy to either shadow the RB or blitz. It's a possibility Dallas runs more 2 TE sets in which Escobar(sp?) would benefit.

I don't think Williams draws double coverage unless he proves he's worthy of that respect. Why bother, I'd use that extra guy to either shadow the RB or blitz. It's a possibility Dallas runs more 2 TE sets in which Escobar(sp?) would benefit.

this is spot on. to analyze this situation from a FF perspective, put yourself in the shoes of opposing defensive coordinators. who on that offense scares you, and what are you going to do about it?

as i look at the DAL offense from the other side, no one truly scares me, which allows me to do a whole lot of things. i'm going to dare williams and street to beat me, so i'm running man coverage on the outside with a single high look. that allows me to stuff the box, and run a lot of pressure packages. this jams up the middle of the field, which is where witten and beasley are usually going to work. witten gets bracket coverage in passing situations.

DAL is going to answer this by trying to spread out the defense, which means a healthy dose of empty backfield with dunbar on the outside. it also features escobar in the 'move TE' role. they're also going to lean heavily on the screen game, to slow down the pass rush. but all of this takes time, which is why witten and beasley see the greatest uptick in targets.

I like Romo, but he's gonna struggle without his main offensive weapons from last year - Murray and Bryant. Two superstars, gone. Down to Romo, Witten and a mediocre defense.

Who even said they would double T Williams? They'll never double T Williams unless he has some crazy breakout games which is not gonna happen.

They really don't have double anyone, but if a defense decides to, they'll take away Witten. The ball is gonna be spread around like crazy.

I see the RB's getting about 5-10 catches a game. Beasley, Witten, T Williams, and Street (?) with around 4-5 each. Actually Street might not get that many, Escobar going to get some too.

Dallas is still going to try and pound the ball, but with the extra guy in the box most likely, I think they'll have to rely on Romo to drop back a lot these next two months.

I like Romo, but he's gonna struggle without his main offensive weapons from last year - Murray and Bryant. Two superstars, gone. Down to Romo, Witten and a mediocre defense.

losing dez and gregory will probably cost them 1-2 games, but i don't think romo will struggle from a FF perspective. he's always been a progression passer, and sunday showed that linehan is introducing a lot of new concepts that can help romo thrive in the underneath game. in the old days, the scheme called for him to force the ball downfield all the time. the quick stuff will allow him to manage risk better.

i expect a few more INTs since he'll have to gamble more, but i fully expect top-10 or better even without dez.

Romo should be fine. They won't have that big play ability, but if the line can protect him as good as they did on Sunday for the next month or 2, he's gonna pick defenses apart. His yards per pass will go down, but he should be fine. We'll see some RB screens, WR bubble screens, and all that good stuff.

Romo used to spread the ball around a lot more when T.O was out back in the day. Think he took less chances too. Romo is a smarter player now and doesn't force it to Dez like he did with T.O, but Romo has done pretty decent without a star WR.

I think beastly is the one to own. Witten will get doubled most the time Twill might too, along with the top corner.

Who even said they would double T Williams? They'll never double T Williams unless he has some crazy breakout games which is not gonna happen.

They really don't have double anyone, but if a defense decides to, they'll take away Witten. The ball is gonna be spread around like crazy.

I see the RB's getting about 5-10 catches a game. Beasley, Witten, T Williams, and Street (?) with around 4-5 each. Actually Street might not get that many, Escobar going to get some too.

Dallas is still going to try and pound the ball, but with the extra guy in the box most likely, I think they'll have to rely on Romo to drop back a lot these next two months.

I was responding to Byrdman. I understand he stated "might". I was just ruling this out as a possibility or at least expressing it's decreased probability.

Also in response to Williams drawing the D's best corner: Defenses may elect to play more zone coverage as opposed to man to man, especially if they chose to send everyone else/stack the box and play cover 2 or cover 3. They may also elect to have their best corner play the strong side of the formation for help against runs to that side, then Williams may line up as the weak side receiver. Basically, Williams drawing the top corners may not occur as often as one may think just because he is the No. 1 receiver. It mostly comes down to how much of a threat they think he is versus the threat from their other players. In my opinion, Dallas' biggest threats are their TEs (mainly Witten but also Escobar) and their running backs either running or receiving.

They are going to try for an even split between witten,williams and beasley. Wit will be beat up over the middle by lb's. Williams will be doubled by corners and safetys. the Beas is slow as heII but think he'll get alot of targets. Need to see what he does with that. Bradford should pull his head out of his anal area and make this a high scoring game

the Beas is slow as heII but think he'll get alot of targets.

lol. 4.49 is slow as hell? that's faster than williams, and beasley is much, much quicker.

lol. 4.49 is slow as hell? that's faster than williams, and beasley is much, much quicker.

Didnt anyone tell you invoking 40 times is a crime around here? You cant prove someone isnt slow with numbers. You have to use biased opinion. Jeez.

Shopping Romo so far no buyers , seems like everyone things it's some kind of big deal Bryant is out and for some reason that will hurt His production is someway .

I have no idea why the answer here is not Williams. Beasley is too small, Street is too raw, and Escobar is never utilized. I think we see Williams get more and better targets and more running.

People are really sleeping on the obvious answer here.

Terrance williams has never been a consistent receiver anyway. I hope Butler gets a good shot. He is the best receiver physically, plus none of the others are world beaters anyway.

Terrance williams has never been a consistent receiver anyway. I hope Butler gets a good shot. He is the best receiver physically, plus none of the others are world beaters anyway.

FWIW, I picked up Butler in both of my TFC leagues (12 teams, 20-man rosters) with a $2 bid. Devin Street has shown me absolutely nothing so far as a pro while Butler has consistently caught my eye in the preseason.

I don't think Dez is coming back fir a long, long time. I think Randle will get more touches, Witten will get more chances, so will Williams, but I'd say Street will get his chances. He was the all time leading receiver at Pitt and Dallas had a 3rd round grade on him. He's not super fast and he can have trouble in traffic, but he had a great college career, and the Cowboys moved up to get him.