Sign in to follow this  
R8RMick

"He's got that dog in him"

Michael Irvin admittedly doesn’t know all that much about newest Cowboys running back Christine Michael. But a coworker of his at NFL Network, Hall of Fame running back Marshall Faulk, believes the team got a potential difference maker--maybe even a starter--in the former Seahawk.

Irvin was asked about Michael during an appearance on 105.3-FM’s G-Bag Nation this week.

"I don't know enough about him but Marshall told me, he said, 'Hey man, just listen. I'm going to say it, it's my job. I'll tell the truth. He'll be starting in a couple weeks. That boy is bad,’” Irvin said, per the Dallas Morning News. “He said, 'Michael, that boy is bad. I'm telling you right now.' He said, 'Man, he was hiding up there.

“They found something.' He said he's got dog in him. He's got that dog in him. I said, 'He got that dog in him?' He said, 'Man, he's got real dog in him. He got some real dog in him.'”

The Cowboys traded a conditional 7th round pick to the Seahawks in exchange for Michael a week before the team’s season opener. He didn’t play against the Giants.

I'd take anything Marshall faulk said seriously. Not a lot of buzz here locally, but did catch word that Michael has looked beastly running with the scout team. Stephen Jones was on the air yesterday and continued with the RBBC party line. But the team may just be hedging bets until Michael gets spun up enough to operate with a play package. Have liked every move this team has made in the off season except one. If this kid pans out as a poor mans DeMarco Murray, Dallas can be in drivers seat in the NFC down the stretch this season. And if Michael explodes as the power running back this team needs to resemble its 2014 showing, they'll have a steal on his contract at just a little over $1.5 million for the next two years.

• Like 1

I'm hoping so. Another owner in my league dropped Duke Johnson, and I almost dropped Michael to pick him up, but then I read this. I may regret it, but what's fantasy football without the possibility of torturing myself at a later date?

• Like 1

Michael Irvin admittedly doesn’t know all that much about newest Cowboys running back Christine Michael. But a coworker of his at NFL Network, Hall of Fame running back Marshall Faulk, believes the team got a potential difference maker--maybe even a starter--in the former Seahawk.

Irvin was asked about Michael during an appearance on 105.3-FM’s G-Bag Nation this week.

"I don't know enough about him but Marshall told me, he said, 'Hey man, just listen. I'm going to say it, it's my job. I'll tell the truth. He'll be starting in a couple weeks. That boy is bad,’” Irvin said, per the Dallas Morning News. “He said, 'Michael, that boy is bad. I'm telling you right now.' He said, 'Man, he was hiding up there.

“They found something.' He said he's got dog in him. He's got that dog in him. I said, 'He got that dog in him?' He said, 'Man, he's got real dog in him. He got some real dog in him.'”

The Cowboys traded a conditional 7th round pick to the Seahawks in exchange for Michael a week before the team’s season opener. He didn’t play against the Giants.

I'd take anything Marshall faulk said seriously. Not a lot of buzz here locally, but did catch word that Michael has looked beastly running with the scout team. Stephen Jones was on the air yesterday and continued with the RBBC party line. But the team may just be hedging bets until Michael gets spun up enough to operate with a play package. Have liked every move this team has made in the off season except one. If this kid pans out as a poor mans DeMarco Murray, Dallas can be in drivers seat in the NFC down the stretch this season. And if Michael explodes as the power running back this team needs to resemble its 2014 showing, they'll have a steal on his contract at just a little over $1.5 million for the next two years.

Maybe light a fire under Randles azz. Almost want to start Randle now over Abdullah

I'm hoping so. Another owner in my league dropped Duke Johnson, and I almost dropped Michael to pick him up, but then I read this. I may regret it, but what's fantasy football without the possibility of torturing myself at a later date?

Duke Johnson? Not even rosterable in my world.

The dog that can't even beat out Turbin? Heard he can't pickup the playbook. As dumb as they come. Sound more like a turd than a dog.

Yeah I've really got nothing for that and it's an obvious counterpoint to my post. Seattle beat writers referenced the knucklehead factor of course- On his only reception last year the team needed 13 yards and he danced out of bounds one yard short before proceeding to race into the endzone afterwards. Carroll yanked him. Then there was the time he ripped off a seven yard run against Philly last season then tried to wave off Beastmode as he trotted back onto the field. Potential, immaturity, inconsistency was the mantra laid on him. But in all fairness the light does sometimes come on for young players in the NFL, and Michael is only 24 years old.

As for Turbin, I just think he fit the Seattle running game style more, which is centered around hitting "dark creases." These are pre-selected spots in th eline where creases might not exist one moment but then turn into holes the next. Marshawn Lynch was a master at the practice, and Turbin adapted to it better than Michael.

But the glaring fact is that the kid was never really given a chance outside of practice. He had only 52 career carries in two seasons of live action. And while he did average almost 5 yards per carry he never topped double digit carries in any single game. I'm interested to see what the kid could do given opportunity, and my opinion is that presented such with the Cowboys he'll take that job outright. It's a credible take that the Cowboys confidence factor in their RB stable is fairly shaky. The move to trade for Michael was said to be one of depth, but even Mickey Spagnola was doubting the team would keep four running backs, three tight ends, and a fullback. I don't see them cutting Hanna, so odd man out if Michael shines would be McFragile. Or Randle.

Christine has got to be one of the biggest fails in hype history. I feel we will still be telling his legend after he's out of the league and still never even beat out a 2nd string RB. He's not taking over anything, starting anywhere or doing anything. Just stop.

unless it's border collie. border collie could pick up the playbook

It's a poodle. I guess Turbin has a bull mastiff or something.

I'd take anything Marshall faulk said seriously. .

Not me. He's awful. I'm still trying to figure how he keeps his gig with the NFL Network.

The Dallas RB situation is complete mystery. I don't even think the coaching staff has a clue how everything will shake out.

I would think it'd be bad to have dog in you :dunno:

It's a delicassy in South Korea.

I wouldnt take anything an ex player says on the NFL network seriously. All things NFL are awesome and perfect on their network.

A guy I think is pretty straight up is Eric Allen. TD, Arrington, Moss, and O'Hara I think are clowns. I actually like Prime, he makes me laugh and have always thought Faulk was pretty serious.

You pays your money you takes your choice.

• Like 1

Marshall Faulk I've heard is pretty good at fantasy football. And he played the position at a hall of fame level. And my own eyes tell me Christine Michael is a special back. I just can't find anyone on my team to drop for him though. Maybe if Joseph Randle or McFadden look awful or get banged up I'll find a way to add him, but probably not right now.

Michael Vick invited them all over for dinner that evening...Marshall, CMike, Irvin. You know, I thoght the burgers were unusual but I had already inquired about the potato salad and didn't want to pry.

Maybe where Seatle went wrong was they had football coaches working with him rather than the guy from the Russian circus with the accordion who has experience training bears and walruses.

I hope it used protection.

Dude I'm slapping my knee with that one. Thanks for bringing your best to the discussion.

Mods can pull the plug on this bad boy now.

At least im holding cmike instead of Matt Jones. Wouldnt want my super savvy last minute pickup to be good or anything like that. The Boys are going to need someone with a spark on that offense so juat maybe they give him a shot.