Sign in to follow this  
RepoPatrol

League Trade being deemed lopsided

One owner is trading Watkins and Matt Jones. In return he is getting Moncreif and Karlos Williams. The guy getting Moncreif and Williams also has Luck and McCoy. The other owner tends to dominate our league annually.

An uproar has been started in our league which threatens to veto this trade. As commissioner I approve trades and then teams can challenge if they desire.

i do not think this trade is clearly lopsided and will actually benefit the team that is getting Moncrief and Watkins more than the other side.

Having it being challenged so passionately makes me want to step away from this league all together as I think these other owners are being completely juvenile and voting it against it more because of who the owners are than anything else.

Does anyone think this trade is so clearly lopsided it should be vetoed?

Why? I'd rather have Moncrief, and I'd rather have Matt Jones... seems pretty fair to me. Both Williams and Watkins might have some more value later on in the year.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with this trade and its a case of owners crying cuz they arent making moves.

• Like 1

I don't see anything wrong with it. Did any of the cry babies offer a valid reason why it shouldn't go through, or did they just whine, and throw temper tantrums?

No such thing as veto w/o collusion

That is a great point. Once this trade issue is completed there will be no more opportunity to vote in our league or we will have a new commissioner. Sometimes dictator is the only route to take.

You play FF with some whiney dudes. Don't even want to call them girls because that would be an insult to little girls, who wouldn't dream of throwing a hissy fit over this. Seriously who actually wins this trade? No damn way anyone can predict after two weeks. Losers.

Iv said this many times but its always worth repeating. the trade veto system is archaic and outdated. Think about it logically, why would any owner in their right mind approve a deal that made his opponents better? Why on earth would I want YOU to improve or shore up a weakness? It makes no sense. Trades should be approved by commish only.

• Like 1

It's not lopsided. I think it favors moncrief side, but jones could prove this trade was lopsided in favor of the other side by years end.

• Like 1

Thanks guys. I laid down the law with my league. I will be sole decider going forward. They can replace me if they wish which would be no sweat off my back.

Sounds like a case of the other owners being jealous of how good the one owner is, so they dislike any move he makes.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with this trade and its a case of owners crying cuz they arent making moves.

THIS :dunno:

Unless there is evidence of collusion it doesnt matter how lopsided anyone's opinion is of the trade. People need to worry about their own teams. I hate leagues that micromanage teams.

• Like 1

No veto there. Had a trade in our league Woodhead for Christine Michael last week...

The day that guy is no longer talked about in fantasy will be a day I am happy. Woody is a top 6 rb right now. Michael is barely 4th on his own depth chart and prob a healthy scratch more weeks than not. ITs neck and neck with the meaning of life as most puzzling situations in the universe. In fact, id like the email address of the guy who traded Woodhead for Michael.

Still trying to figure out which side I prefer.

I guess Moncrief, but people writing of Watkins already are premature in my opinion.

Tough call but its Collusion.

One owner is trading Watkins and Matt Jones. In return he is getting Moncreif and Karlos Williams.

Lopsided? That's laughable that anyone would even call BS on this trade.

Either you make trades or you don't. You want a guy to get better you let him know how clueless he is or boot him from league. Also what am I doing wrong by agreeing with a trade in my favor. As for the commissioner, step up only if necessary, 2 guys trying to make money or simply don't want somebody else to win is different.

Lopsided? That's laughable that anyone would even call BS on this trade.

I think some people might have the motivation of helping an owner they think is getting taken advantage of. If you think a guy in your league is clueless, I could see the motivation of trying to defend him from bad trades. But you don't do that by challenging the trade. We all have the freedom to do stupid things in this game.

Looks like a pretty even trade to me. As others have said, unless you have blatant collusion taking place, trades should not be vetoed. I'm in the camp of trade approval solely being the commissioner's responsibility.

honestly i mean everyone will have their opinions on which side they prefer but that trade is about as fair as they come.

Nah, a lopsided trade is what just went down in one of my leagues between two brothers:
Chris Johnson, Starks, Adams, J Thomas for R Bush, Gore, Maclin, Kelce

Nah, a lopsided trade is what just went down in one of my leagues between two brothers:

Chris Johnson, Starks, Adams, J Thomas for R Bush, Gore, Maclin, Kelce

Yikes. That's pretty bad.