Sign in to follow this  
desertfire

CJ Anderson you have 1 more week

Drafted this guy in the 2nd round this year. I'm calling him out right now. This is his last chance to do something for me or I'm either trading him or just flat out benching him for good!

With that being said, I'm looking for a huge week from Anderson:

125 yds and 2 tds

The worst part is that I'm rostering his "handcuff" Hillman too, essentially wasting 2 roster spots for zero production. Starting him again this week too. :doh:

• Like 1

Trading him? If he has one more bad week then good luck with that. What do you think the going rate would be for a running back with 3 straight games under 6 points? Your only choice is to hold and hope.

Been trying to trade him this week , so thankful that I only have him on two of my teams so far there is nothing at all that I like in return , one guy offered me his kicker lol.

calm down.

I was freaking last week... then I watched the KC game.

Denver has had ten days to figure some things out.

Detroit isn't the run defense they were.

I expect CJ to have a good 20 carries and over 100 yards on sunday... seriously, Kubiak needs this to work or he is going to lose his team...

jdon

calm down.

I was freaking last week... then I watched the KC game.

Denver has had ten days to figure some things out.

Detroit isn't the run defense they were.

I expect CJ to have a good 20 carries and over 100 yards on sunday... seriously, Kubiak needs this to work or he is going to lose his team...

jdon

Lose his team? That might be a bit overly dramatic...............

The Broncos are 2-0 1st place in the division 2-0 in the conference 1-0 in the division having won on the road in one of toughest venues in the NFL.

The defense is playing really well, the offense doesn't look the way we want it to................ but the team has scored 50 points..........

Just saying..........a little dramatic

The worst part is that I'm rostering his "handcuff" Hillman too, essentially wasting 2 roster spots for zero production. Starting him again this week too. :doh:

The term is, "team killer", they keep promising production and just suck the life out week by week. The single worst thing a team killer does is have a good week. Be honest, a good week from CJ would buy him at least 2 more weeks after that of starting no matter what. What he will do is tease you with a decent game then bury you the next X weeks. Unfortunately there's no escape. You will never have the balls to drop him and after he teases with a good game when you bench him, he's right back in your lineup the next week.

The problem is not CJ. The problem is stupid Kubiak sticking Manning under center, and trying to open up the pass with the run. A 40 year old QB, who for over a decade has played in the pistol, and opened up the run with the play action pass.

As a Lions fan, if CJ can't shred the Lions... we got some huge problems. The Lions have looked horrible against the run the first couple weeks. Both Melvin Gordan and AD shredded us.

Melvin gordon shredded you? 14 carries 50 yards...

Maybe I'm getting some of the Woodhead carries mixed in. I guess you would have had to watch (or in my case went) to the actual game. Regardless of that, the Detroit D looks bad, period. SD marched down the field with ease, the entire 2nd half. I originally chalked it up to the heat, as it was close to 110 at field level. But after watching them in Minny week 2, I think I can safely say the run D is a far cry from the last few seasons. It also doesn't help that our OL is Swiss cheese, and I expect us to be playing from behind pretty early. Just trying to be realistic here. :)

I have Hillman in waiting. I wonder if I should trade Stevie Johnson for CJ. Nah, I will just wait for Hillman to take over instead.

The term is, "team killer", they keep promising production and just suck the life out week by week. The single worst thing a team killer does is have a good week. Be honest, a good week from CJ would buy him at least 2 more weeks after that of starting no matter what. What he will do is tease you with a decent game then bury you the next X weeks. Unfortunately there's no escape. You will never have the balls to drop him and after he teases with a good game when you bench him, he's right back in your lineup the next week.

Spot on, I am not falling into this trap. He is going on my bench this week. If he performs I will be happy because he is going straight to the trading block. I am not keeping a guy around who can only perform if it is against the bottom defenses in the league.

WK Game Date Opp Result G GS Att Yds Avg Lng TD Rec Yds Avg Lng TD FUM Lost

1 09/04 @ SEA L 16-36 1 1 12 34 2.8 15 0 3 11 3.7 12 0 -- --

2 09/14 NYJ W 31-24 1 1 13 43 3.3 10 0 2 18 9.0 11 0 -- --

3 09/21 @ DET L 7-19 1 1 11 36 3.3 17 0 1 9 9.0 9 0 1 1

4 09/28 @ CHI W 38-17 1 1 17 48 2.8 10 1 1 11 11.0 11 0 -- --

Thats eddie lacy first 4 games last year and we know how that ended. Just saying, similar situation vs 3 very good defenses to start season.

Maybe I'm getting some of the Woodhead carries mixed in. I guess you would have had to watch (or in my case went) to the actual game. Regardless of that, the Detroit D looks bad, period. SD marched down the field with ease, the entire 2nd half. I originally chalked it up to the heat, as it was close to 110 at field level. But after watching them in Minny week 2, I think I can safely say the run D is a far cry from the last few seasons. It also doesn't help that our OL is Swiss cheese, and I expect us to be playing from behind pretty early. Just trying to be realistic here. :)

Keenan Allen tore them up, not Gordon.

Keenan Allen tore them up, not Gordon.

I think we've established the entire D is bad. Maybe your son can move over and play DB for us?

Regardless, I think CJ will have a big week and will be starting him with confidence. I think the problem with the run game was the play calling and Manning being under center. They staff seems to have realized Manning is better in the shotgun. If not, it won't be the first time I've been wrong.

Spot on, I am not falling into this trap. He is going on my bench this week. If he performs I will be happy because he is going straight to the trading block. I am not keeping a guy around who can only perform if it is against the bottom defenses in the league.

Its tough because right now people are on the fence. If he hasa good game people will say I told you so and have faith again. but if he has another bad game everyone will jump ship and his value will be 0. Right now theres at least a chance you could get something like Woodhead etc. Maybe.

Its tough because right now people are on the fence. If he hasa good game people will say I told you so and have faith again. but if he has another bad game everyone will jump ship and his value will be 0. Right now theres at least a chance you could get something like Woodhead etc. Maybe.

I hear you. It is just too hard to give up my second round pick for Woodhead. But come Monday I could very easily be saying I wish I could get Woodhead for him.

Denver RB were on my DND list for a reason.

Neither back is a spectacular RB. Combine that with some piss poor run blocking from their O-Line, CJ owners should start to feel the heat soon.

Denver RB were on my DND list for a reason.

Neither back is a spectacular RB. Combine that with some piss poor run blocking from their O-Line, CJ owners should start to feel the heat soon.

A lot of it for me is psychology. If there's no or little money on the line, I tend to think in terms of what's going to make me feel like a bigger idiot if it goes wrong: cutting a top draft pick after two weeks, or hanging on one week extra and maybe losing a matchup? Dumping a guy too soon would burn me up for longer. But that's just me.

Just curious to know why it's OK for CJ to get grilled yet Gore has the same issues...POS LINE!

A lot of it for me is psychology. If there's no or little money on the line, I tend to think in terms of what's going to make me feel like a bigger idiot if it goes wrong: cutting a top draft pick after two weeks, or hanging on one week extra and maybe losing a matchup? Dumping a guy too soon would burn me up for longer. But that's just me.

I held Montee Ball for about 6 weeks last year if it's any consolation.

Just curious to know why it's OK for CJ to get grilled yet Gore has the same issues...POS LINE!

Anderson was a first round pick in a lot of drafts.

Gore has passed the eye test so far and had that freak fumble. Plus the Colts are 0-2 and havent been in games to let the run game develop. CJ is on a 2-0 team that have had leads in the 2nd half, a situation that should always allow an rb to be at his best. Also Gore has not been outtouched outright by his backup lol.

It's been 2 weeks guys. Are the luck owners trying to trade him for Palmer? Give him 2 more weeks. If he's still not up to snuff it's time to think about other options

LOL. My week 1 roster...Keenan Allen. Week 16? Hey, look, Keenan Friggin Allen!

There is no one behind Gore.

There's no one in front of him either.

So was lacy last year

And Lacy should be , Anderson shouldn't have been , Hillman was always going to be a thorn in his playing time . Lacy has a injury not the same problem .

And Lacy should be , Anderson shouldn't have been , Hillman was always going to be a thorn in his playing time . Lacy has a injury not the same problem .

Hillman is not that good.

He is similar to Starks for Lacy and little more.

I traded him week 3 for an underperforming Eddie Lacy.

I'd try like hell to do the same this year if I was a CJ owner. Not Lacy but someone else with a track record who has been slow out of the gate.

I traded him week 3 for an underperforming Eddie Lacy.

I'd try like hell to do the same this year if I was a CJ owner. Not Lacy but someone else with a track record who has been slow out of the gate.

CJ has a track record and is slow out of the gate. I'm gonna trade CJ for CJ.

Hillman is not that good.

He is similar to Starks for Lacy and little more.

Doesn't look that way so far this season , now does it ?

Doesn't look that way so far this season , now does it ?

Looks like both have been bad and CJ is still the lead back and trusted on passing downs late in a game. And he has been hurt.

No DeAndre Levy = Detroit defense is a sieve.

Love CJ this week. If he and/or Hillman can't establish themselves this week, I'd deeply consider fielding offers. For anything