Sign in to follow this  
CornKobb

Brandon LaFell

When is he coming back? Week 7?? And what will his role be? Amendola had 100 this week but lafell should start? Right?

Any Homer info really appreciated. Thanks

LaFell is their deep threat, because you haven't seen Aaron Hobson / Dobson, whatever the heck his name is for the last two weeks, you knew LaFell was coming back and will now be in the mix. Your guess is as good as anyone's as how it all shakes out with targets / receptions. He certainly had one heck of a year last year with limited time. It may be worth a stash to see how he does, my guess is by week 9 he'll be tempting and will probably put up good numbers once every 2 or 3 games, good luck.

I have been watching the Patriots for a while, and I figure that if LaFell can pull a jersey over his head; he is a threat. By that, I mean he is a threat to your team, your fantasy team, your weekly fantasy team, and your mom, unless she has quit trolling the bars. Brady can hit him with a potato if he is sprinting across a reasonably dry spot on Mars. On your team, LaFell is mortal.

• Like 1

would you drop Lockett or Karlos Williams for him in a PPR league with return yards

Yes

so Lockett or Karlos?

my other backs are

LeVeon Bell

Jeremy Hill

Jonathan Stewart

Christine Michael

receivers

Landry

Allen Robinson

Moncrief

I grabbed him in a couple leagues. One of those guys on an explosive offense that can get hot just when you need him late in the fantasy season and into the playoffs.

If you got room on your bench for a few weeks, think he is a must add

I grabbed him in a couple leagues. One of those guys on an explosive offense that can get hot just when you need him late in the fantasy season and into the playoffs.

If you got room on your bench for a few weeks, think he is a must add

My thoughts exactly. Why not give it a shot

Yeah no question he is worth a pick up .

Some guy needed a WR due to byes last week and traded him to me for Kamar Aiken before Smiff declared he was gonna play. Couldn't hit accept quick enough on that. I have Edelman though so hoping I can use lafell as trade bait. If not I'll roll em both out when they play in potential shoot outs

No one is concerned about his mysterious (foot?) injury? I don't think he's done ANYTHING since .. the Super Bowl?

No one is concerned about his mysterious (foot?) injury? I don't think he's done ANYTHING since .. the Super Bowl?

Well, that's not far fetched seeing how he hasn't played since the Super Bowl

• Like 1

Well sure, but if you're picking him up as a speculative add it's really no big deal. He probably won't do too much, but if he does - gravy

He was IR so he couldn't come back before this week anyway

Would you guys drop Willie Snead, Tavon Austin or Stephon Diggs for him??

Austin

Any homers know if he's expected to play this week? I would have to straight drop him if he doesn't Bc of shallow bench and bye weeks just to fill a lineup. Fack.

Any homers know if he's expected to play this week? I would have to straight drop him if he doesn't Bc of shallow bench and bye weeks just to fill a lineup. Fack.

Pats have 3 weeks to activate him and have to clear a roster spot to do it. You will know when they drop somebody.

Pats have 3 weeks to activate him and have to clear a roster spot to do it. You will know when they drop somebody.

Thanks; that helps. I guess hoping that he plays this week is starting to look like just wishful thinking.

Thanks; that helps. I guess hoping that he plays this week is starting to look like just wishful thinking.

Yeah, he's only eligible to practice. To activate him they have to clear a roster spot. It'll be a dead giveaway then.

:cheers:

Would you guys drop Sammy Watkins, DeSean Jackson or Karlos Williams for him?

I would probably part with Williams, with Shady close to returning to health. Don't own any of them so hard to me to make that call. Good Luck!

Don't see any reason to keep Williams either and Watkins is getting close to not even being worth a roster spot .

Not anymore, I don't think we'll see LaFell and Martin in the same huddle.

Martin keeps making circus catches like he has he will see some playing time

http://www.patriots.com/news/2015/10/22/patriots-release-dl-khyri-thornton-release-ol-brennan-williams-practice-squad

Here we go, they just made a space on the 53 man roasters. He been traveling with the team for the last 2 away games, I think he will suit up this Sunday.

Snead

That's insane. You're suggesting you drop a guy that's on the field about 75% of the time for a WR who will play in primarily 3 and 4 WR sets. He's a home run guy that Brady hasn't had for awhile, but don't understand the hype particularly in PPR leagues.

Didn't we go through the same thing last year? And before that with Thompkins?

At best he's Allen Hurns. At worst Amendola. How many of you have been starting Amendola?

Just picked up LaFell.

Now, I'll almost certainly drop Watkins, since my other options are: Fitzgerald, AJ Green, Moncrief and Diggs.

Not this year with Tom Brady, they will run up the scores.

Yet through a third of the season Amendola ranks 59th with 17 receptions and 200 yards and Martin 98th with 6 for 95. I could see the argument for LaFell if Amendola and Martin were abducted by aliens, but targets aren't going to suddenly appear.

Moreover, it's been pretty clear they will be running the heck out of Blount when they have leads.

Just picked up LaFell.

Now, I'll almost certainly drop Watkins, since my other options are: Fitzgerald, AJ Green, Moncrief and Diggs.

Jees, does anyone else in your league do add/drops?

Jees, does anyone else in your league do add/drops?

Some are more active than others. I always go for people asap (just as waivers clear). A lot seem to wait until Wednesday or Thursday. I think I'm more active on the waiver wire than most. Plus, I've learned to grab people early. You snooze, you lose.

I drafted AJ Green and got Fitzgerald very late (and very cheap). But yeah, Diggs, Moncrief and LaFell were all waiver wire.

Also got Barnidge last week.

I don't have a ton of depth at RB though, and I'm gonna be hurting (due to byes) in week 9. May try to trade AJ Green for a RB.

That's insane. You're suggesting you drop a guy that's on the field about 75% of the time for a WR who will play in primarily 3 and 4 WR sets. He's a home run guy that Brady hasn't had for awhile, but don't understand the hype particularly in PPR leagues.

Didn't we go through the same thing last year? And before that with Thompkins?

At best he's Allen Hurns. At worst Amendola. How many of you have been starting Amendola?

Que? Last year LaFell was a top 25 receiver and had 119 targets.

Que? Last year LaFell was a top 25 receiver and had 119 targets.

Good for about 14 PPG in PPR and 9 in standard or just about where Hurns is though week 6.

I'm just saying expectations should be managed versus the runaway hype train. It should also be mentioned Edelman and Lewis are on pace to destroy reception numbers by Vereen and the former in 14'.

His real upside IMO comes with having already played the BYE week. If you have a fringe bench player of equal (perceived) value with an upcoming BYE it's not a bad grab.

http://www.patriots.com/news/2015/10/22/patriots-release-dl-khyri-thornton-release-ol-brennan-williams-practice-squad

Here we go, they just made a space on the 53 man roasters. He been traveling with the team for the last 2 away games, I think he will suit up this Sunday.

Nice catch, thanks for the post. I'm guessing that means he'll be activated on Sunday.