Sign in to follow this  
SaintsInDome2006

SNF: Denver vs New England: In-Game Discussion

Honest question...i didn' watch the whole game last night, but was hearing watercooler talk that it appeared that officiating was "tilted" toward Denver...thoughts?

"Tilted" is being kind. I would and have used the word "thrown"

Honest question...i didn' watch the whole game last night, but was hearing watercooler talk that it appeared that officiating was "tilted" toward Denver...thoughts?

Wasn't great...a Ricky tack but correct defensive hold gave the broncos another shot.

Pats fans went nuts on that and a clock issue that was correct and the pats didn't know the rule.

Wasn't great...a Ricky tack but correct defensive hold gave the broncos another shot.

Pats fans went nuts on that and a clock issue that was correct and the pats didn't know the rule.

You have to admit it seemed like if something went in favor of the Patriots the refs negated it with a call. I was reading this morning on a ny daily news site that even they said there were phantom calls in that game. A lot of people were questioning the officiating in the game about how it was tilted towards Denver. Regardless, it's over with and the Pats will move on. However, I will say if the Pats had their offensive weapons like Denver did then they would have blown them away

I will say IF the Pats had their offensive weapons like Denver did then they would have blown them away

This is the thread that just keeps on giving!

Priceless.

• Like 1

Do the broncos get their injured players back too?

Let's take away DThomas, Hillman, Sanders, and Owens. Then let them play. See who comes out on top. People just can't grasp that when you're having to pull from your PRACTICE squad because of injuries it it's definitely tougher.

Let's take away DThomas, Hillman, Sanders, and Owens. Then let them play. See who comes out on top. People just can't grasp that when you're having to pull from your PRACTICE squad because of injuries it it's definitely tougher.

Plus Von Miller (Jamie Collins) and another defensive star (for Dont'a Hightower).

Oh, what? The Broncos lost their starting LT? Well the Pats lost Nate Solder, too

Bwahahahahahaha cry me a river! If the Seahawks had been remotely healthy in the secondary last year that Super Bowl is a blowout. Injuries happen, loosen your panties Alice...

Bwahahahahahaha cry me a river! If the Seahawks had been remotely healthy in the secondary last year that Super Bowl is a blowout. Injuries happen, loosen your panties Alice...

I don't know about a "blowout"...but otherwise, good point :thumbsup:

Broncos lost their starting qb

You can't even use that excuse cause Brian Hoyer has been a better qb this year than Peyton

Well, if we're talking excuses, I defer to Patsfan. THEY are the experts!

I mean, do they get Ware back?

Do they have a qb not in his 2nd NFL start ever?

I agree NE is missing weapons, but all teams are hurt and Denver was missing key guys too.

We'll, if Rodgers hadn't been a gimp the Seahawls likely wouldn't have been there if we are playing that game.

I agree, it is pathetic to root for a fixed game.

Link to it being fixed?

Or you think that because you didn't like a few calls and didn't even understand one of them?

NFL officiating crew demoted from next SNF game between the Steelers and the Colts after "bad game" against Cardinals and 49ers.

NOT, and I repeat NOT, the officiating team from the Broncos and Pats game - the game where one team was called for 5 penalties for 47 yards (NE) and the other 6 penalties for 46 (Den).

Imagine that.

And where are all of the 49er fans crying? Maybe THEY have a legitimate argument.

Who has been beyond awful going back to the end of last season :dunno:

Sure...but while whining about injuries...you realize you were playing against a guy making his 2nd NFL start right?

NFL officiating crew demoted from next SNF game between the Steelers and the Colts after "bad game" against Cardinals and 49ers.

NOT, and I repeat NOT, the officiating team from the Broncos and Pats game - the game where one team was called for 5 penalties for 47 yards (NE) and the other 6 penalties for 46 (Den).

Imagine that.

And where are all of the 49er fans crying? Maybe THEY have a legitimate argument.

The Titans got an apology from the NFL. There was a completely blown false start...called defensive holding (and looking at film nobody could actually find anything even resembling holding)...I believe this on the go ahead TD for the false start and the defensive holding may have been before that.

The Titans got an apology from the NFL. There was a completely blown false start...called defensive holding (and looking at film nobody could actually find anything even resembling holding)...I believe this on the go ahead TD for the false start and the defensive holding may have been before that.

Did the Pats get an apology for the inadvertent whistle last week?

Imagine that.

Here is some photographic proof of another blown call in Pats vs Broncos game.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/does-sports-illustrated-s-cover-photo-show-another-missed-call-against-patriots-134646470.html

They lost Peyton Facking Manning!!!!!!!!! Indeed, they've been winning all year with no QB. Let's see how the Pats do without Brady.

They lost Peyton Facking Manning!!!!!!!!! Indeed, they've been winning all year with no QB. Let's see how the Pats do without Brady.

I think that helps make his point? Peyton is or was surrounded by alot more talent than Brady.

I think that helps make his point? Peyton is or was surrounded by alot more talent than Brady.

How so? For the season the Broncos have had No running backs. No tight end. No line. Oh, and no QB.

The Patriots had Edelman, Lewis and Gronk for a long stretch. Those guys are pro bowl talent.

You guys are deluded. The Broncos were winning with little talent and no QB.

How so? For the season the Broncos have had No running backs. No tight end. No line. Oh, and no QB.

The Patriots had Edelman, Lewis and Gronk for a long stretch. Those guys are pro bowl talent.

[family guy maid] No [family guy maid]

They would just keep winning. Bellicheck makes that team go. Not brady. They went 11-5 with Matt Cassell for Christs sakes

Really? Two of the top WR's in league and two damn good RB's plus Owen Daniels is no slouch.

And isnt their offensive line regarded as one of the best in the league? Evan Mathis has been hurt but he was added for this year too.

Yeah Denver has no talent

Really? Two of the top WR's in league and two damn good RB's plus Owen Daniels is no slouch.

And isnt their offensive line regarded as one of the best in the league? Evan Mathis has been hurt but he was added for this year too.

Yeah Denver has no talent

Who's going to the pro bowl this year on that talent heavy Denver offense?

Answer?

Nobody.

They would just keep winning. Bellicheck makes that team go. Not brady. They went 11-5 with Matt Cassell for Christs sakes

Ahhhh, BB was on the verge of getting fired before Brady took over from Bledsoe at QB.....

Answer?

Nobody.

Who the hell cares about the Pro Bowl? :wacko:

Answer?

Nobody.

Thomas, Anderson, and Sanders were all Pro Bowl players last year. Did they suddenly forget how to play? They aren't going back to the Pro Bowl because Peyton has looked like complete dogshit, not because he doesn't have talent around him.

Ahhhh, BB was on the verge of getting fired before Brady took over from Bledsoe at QB.....

What are you talking about? Belichick wasn't going to get fired his first year on the job. They won the Super Bowl his 2nd year.

Who the hell cares about the Pro Bowl? :wacko:

Ok, then who's making the All Pro roster from the Broncos?

Also, nobody.

What are you talking about? Belichick wasn't going to get fired his first year on the job. They won the Super Bowl his 2nd year.

He was 5-11 his first year and started 0-2 in his second - he was pretty much on the hot seat if the Patriots didn't show progress. Then Bledsoe got hurt and Brady took over - that's when the wins started piling up.