Sign in to follow this  
SaintsInDome2006

This Years' Gordon/Beckham at WR

Stevie Johnson was set up to do it. The volume is certainly there, but the Chargers can't seem to figure out how to protect Rivers.

Stevie Johnson was set up to do it. The volume is certainly there, but the Chargers can't seem to figure out how to protect Rivers.

Yeah that was one disappointing game against KC. Stevie continues to be ranked high by the experts though, and it just makes sense, but the Bolts seem to be having extreme problems without Allen.

Mike Evans seems to be doing great and with Jamarcus Winston actually playing pretty well he has a massive ceiling... Vjax and eventually ASJ will take a few red zone looks from him buuut they will also command attention between the 20's and Evans is their best big play guy so he won't always need to be in the red zone to score..

R8RMick has it correct about which guy is "all they got" and will get the odb, Gordon treatment of tons of targets every single game so he has the clearest path to big production with how he's basically their whole offense just like Beckham and Gordon were....

D. Hopkins- his schedule actually gets easier!!

B Cooks - 5 td in last 3 games

A. Brown - Fire

Those are the 3 and ironically they are all on my team!

You are out of touch if you think that Stevie Johnson has the talent to do a Gordon/OBJ type impression. This is a perfect example of someone picking up a player off of waivers and then dreaming. The players that have the talent/schedule/situation which include Brown, Nook, Marty Bryant, OBJ and Allen Robinson. If you are talking about an out of nowhere play it would be FunBags or Mike Floyd (has been a monster until injured).

I agree with Michael Floyd

Any new candidates after this week?

Parker, with Matthews hurt in MIA? 100 yards in roughly less than a half.

Wheaton blew up for 201 yards.

Possible but both could be due to game flow. The Dolphins were trailing and literally threw every play. They just fired the OC and the coach and new OC both want to ground and pound. Wheaton basically had his season total in that one game where Pitt exploited his matchup, the coach even said as much. I'd more likely gamble on Parker than Wheaton since he was a first rounder who may be a starter now and come out of nowhere. We know who Wheaton is by now.

Any hopes for Abbrederis for the Packers? Davante Adams is garbage and Cobb has been dropping everything too. I could see Rodgers looking for anyone to make plays and he is the next man up

Any hopes for Abbrederis for the Packers? Davante Adams is garbage and Cobb has been dropping everything too. I could see Rodgers looking for anyone to make plays and he is the next man up

I've seen a lot of issues with GB offense, but haven't seen drops by Cobb. Adams, yes every other throw, including breaking up the last throw in the Thanksgiving game that was intended for Cobb in the back of the End Zone.

Cobb owner and every game watcher.

I've seen a lot of issues with GB offense, but haven't seen drops by Cobb. Adams, yes every other throw, including breaking up the last throw in the Thanksgiving game that was intended for Cobb in the back of the End Zone.

Cobb owner and every game watcher.

Seem to remember Cobb dropping one last weekend that was a big one, but I only seem to remember.

Interestingly, I just did the stat lookup.

Cobb has a drop rate of 3.2%. 3 drops on 94 targets. Sound okay? Among receivers with 30* or more targets, that's 75th. 74 guys better than him. For perspective, Adams is another 63 or 64 spots down the list. He's tied for 137th in drop percentage, 7.8%, dropping 5 of 64 passes.

So Cobb's 3.2% looks okay by itself, that's a small percentage. And it's only 3 drops across 11 games. But he's still 75th in the league. Better than Adams, but a lot of other guys are better.

Compare that to Gronk (92 targets), Delanie Walker (74 targets), Riddick (67 targets), Amendola (60 targets)...all of those guys have a 0.0% drop rate. Zero drops. Fitz has one drop on 111 targets, 0.9%.

EDIT: and interestingly, both have similar Target/Catch ratios. Adams has a 50% catch ratio, 32 catches on 64 targets, and Cobb has a 56.4%, 53 catches on 94 targets.

(*I just arbitrarily picked 30 receptions as a cutoff because otherwise it's a sh!t-ton of people on the list.)

• Like 1

No he doesnt have the skill.

Why cant it be Martavis Bryant? I would love to know that answer.

It may be Martavis. Certainly has the talent, offense, QB, etc. His only problem seems to be his ability to routinely catch the ball, which is kinda a big deal for receivers

• Like 1

Could it be D. Baldwin?

:thumbsup:

Has been doing it for the past three weeks and gets a very nice matchup week 14 against BAL. Plus the SEA defense isn't what it used to be and the offense is gonna have to score points. Baldwin has always had a good rapport with Wilson and I think with Graham out, he'll get a few more looks going forward.

It may be Martavis. Certainly has the talent, offense, QB, etc. His only problem seems to be his ability to routinely catch the ball, which is kinda a big deal for receivers

lol true but he makes up for those

It already started SAMMY WATKINS.

man, what's his deal. So hot and cold. Even last game he was HOT in the first half and nothing in the second.

I have a hard time putting him in my lineup each week.

What about jarvis laundry? he's already a beast and should get more targets now. i know they want to run, but its not what they want it's how the game turns out and that defense is not going to help the run game out. He might not count since he's already top 10, but I think he has big things coming his way

What about jarvis laundry? he's already a beast and should get more targets now. i know they want to run, but its not what they want it's how the game turns out and that defense is not going to help the run game out. He might not count since he's already top 10, but I think he has big things coming his way

His YPC is pretty low for his career, He is good YAC though. I know he gets peppered with targets at times but seems his floor is very high and his ceiling is last week.

Parker has more upside in Miami.

Martavius is a great possibility to.

I picked up Parker.

I know people like Landry in that offense but Parker does have major upside potential. People should remember the talk of him being right there with Amari Cooper and Kevin White for top rookie WR coming out this year. And he'll be the teams split end WR when the dust has settled.

The re-injury to his foot, where they had to go in and adjust a metal screw, was just a killer in setting him back for the season. I'm really impressed that he's even made it onto the field and these next few weeks will be huge in his development for next year.

Seem to remember Cobb dropping one last weekend that was a big one, but I only seem to remember.

Interestingly, I just did the stat lookup.

Cobb has a drop rate of 3.2%. 3 drops on 94 targets. Sound okay? Among receivers with 30* or more targets, that's 75th. 74 guys better than him. For perspective, Adams is another 63 or 64 spots down the list. He's tied for 137th in drop percentage, 7.8%, dropping 5 of 64 passes.

So Cobb's 3.2% looks okay by itself, that's a small percentage. And it's only 3 drops across 11 games. But he's still 75th in the league. Better than Adams, but a lot of other guys are better.

Compare that to Gronk (92 targets), Delanie Walker (74 targets), Riddick (67 targets), Amendola (60 targets)...all of those guys have a 0.0% drop rate. Zero drops. Fitz has one drop on 111 targets, 0.9%.

EDIT: and interestingly, both have similar Target/Catch ratios. Adams has a 50% catch ratio, 32 catches on 64 targets, and Cobb has a 56.4%, 53 catches on 94 targets.

(*I just arbitrarily picked 30 receptions as a cutoff because otherwise it's a sh!t-ton of people on the list.)

Very nice info, but I still correctly corrected Mr. Neil.

He said "Cobb drops everything", you proved my point.....Cobb dropped THREE passes all year....3 out of 94.

Very nice info, but I still correctly corrected Mr. Neil.

He said "Cobb drops everything", you proved my point.....Cobb dropped THREE passes all year....3 out of 94.

Agreed, I was more trying to add to the discussion in general than to contradict what you were saying :)

I'm not buying this being in a league where TE gets 1.5 PPR !!

Gronk drops passes every week. So he has to bend down a little or a pass is slightly behind him but he still gets 2 hands on it or or he only sticks out one hand and a pass hits him square in that hand but he doesn't catch it... should still be a drop.

Good call man.

I didn't get Baldwin, but if I advance, it'll be in large part because of Lockett. Two guys heating up on the same offense for the playoffs.

They benched Adams for Abbrecadaris yesterday...then threw at him once :/

Montgomery is coming back, he's more likely than those two, it seems.