Sign in to follow this  
ricanrockers

Championship Week - who are you Starting/Benching?

In PPR league, I'm benching Ivory for Powell vs New England

Standard league, I may start Karlos Wiiliams depending on what I find on Gillislee being in the mix.

Benching pats dst for bills vs 'boys

Flip flopping between cam and Brees - worried about cam being pulled in the second half

Standard league, I may start Karlos Wiiliams depending on what I find on Gillislee being in the mix.

Do you think Powell will have a good game? I hate starting players vs NE, seems like i always get screwed. I was thinking of possibly playing him over lacy

Flip flopping between cam and Brees - worried about cam being pulled in the second half

Agreed on Cam. He brought me this far, but I don't trust his playing time this week. I have a claim in on Cousins as a fallback (my current backup in Rivers just can's be trusted anymore).

The one thing that Cam has going in his favor is that Arizona doesn't play until after the Carolina game is done. They still need either a win or an Arizona loss to claim home field advantage, so there's still something to play for. If Arizona had lost this past week I'd be a lot more worried about Cam's playing time.

I *think* he'll be fine. I just have to figure out whether that's enough to have the confidence to play him for the championship game.

Looking to bench Calvin. Seems like he's done. Considering DJax, Dez, Aiken or Matthews at WR3.

Was planning to stream Luck in the finals, but with him being ruled out it's Cousins, Tyrod or Rivers. None of them get me too excited.

Do you think Powell will have a good game? I hate starting players vs NE, seems like i always get screwed. I was thinking of possibly playing him over lacy

This is the thing with the Jets, on passing downs, they bring in Powell 90% of the times. Once they fall behind and have to play catch up Powell is in. NE needs to win this game for home field advantage so they are going full force. My feeling is Jets will fall behind and will be passing a lot. Ivory will see a lot of the game from the sidelines. Also, teams have scouted Ivory pretty well. Most of his big runs were to the outside. They have cut that off and EVERY time he goes up the middle is for 2 yards. Turns my stomach watching this every week. Also since we lost our starting guard in Willie Colon and replaced him with god awful Winters, the run game has not been the same.

I have a conundrum at three places:

1. Qb- Tyrol, Carr, or cousins. I'm leaning toward playing Carr

2. RB- Murray, Denard if healthy, Hightower. I'm leaning toward playing Murray.

3. WR- who to bench (3 play)- Bryant v. Weak Ravens, hot TD maker Baldwin, Julio v. Norman)- I'm leaning toward benching Julio (yikes, did I say that?)

I have a conundrum at three places:

1. Qb- Tyrol, Carr, or cousins. I'm leaning toward playing Carr

2. RB- Murray, Denard if healthy, Hightower. I'm leaning toward playing Murray.

3. WR- who to bench (3 play)- Bryant v. Weak Ravens, hot TD maker Baldwin, Julio v. Norman)- I'm leaning toward benching Julio (yikes, did I say that?)

Julio had 7rec for 88 yds last time they played.

Julio had 7rec for 88 yds last time they played.

True, 8 points is ok, and he may get another 8 this week, but my opponent has Antonio Brown v Ravens and he may score 25, and David Johnson, and he may go off again.

I will need tds. MBryant and Baldwin can do that In my opinion even more in this game than Julio. Also, Julio hasn't scored many tds this year.

True, 8 points is ok, and he may get another 8 this week, but my opponent has Antonio Brown v Ravens and he may score 25, and David Johnson, and he may go off again.

I will need tds. MBryant and Baldwin can do that In my opinion even more in this game than Julio. Also, Julio hasn't scored many tds this year.

Be careful Carolina doesn't start pulling starters early and that includes defensive players as well once the game is out of reach. This is where players get a lot of their points "garbage time"

not worried about julio as much as i am fitzgerald and his sudden irrelevance thanks to malcom floyd and john brown. I'll be benching him for aiken.

considering benching freeman for charcandrick west if ware is out again.

In another league i'll likely be losing OBJ (will slide John Brown in his spot) and I don't feel like playing Mccarron this week...so I guess I'm left with hoyer if he clears or whoever plays QB for baltimore this week.

not worried about julio as much as i am fitzgerald and his sudden irrelevance thanks to malcom floyd and john brown. I'll be benching him for aiken.

considering benching freeman for charcandrick west if ware is out again.

In another league i'll likely be losing OBJ (will slide John Brown in his spot) and I don't feel like playing Mccarron this week...so I guess I'm left with hoyer if he clears or whoever plays QB for baltimore this week.

West is a given. OBJ is appealing this decision so I'm betting he plays.

After two weeks in a row of absolute dominance, i think i will just ride it out with the same roster.

Carr

Djohns

Dwill

Julio

Lockett

Cooks

Martavis

Khalil mack

Reshad Jones

Derrek Johnson

I may swap out Cooks for Jmatth depending on Brees health. I also have waiver priority so there are a few interesting prospects like cmike, K williams, Powell, Joique, and Gillislee.

I am starting Lockett over Dez again and I will not even look back. This year was a lost season for dez.

Agree Dez had a rough one , but he did get paid for his labor or lack of , deva .

After two weeks in a row of absolute dominance, i think i will just ride it out with the same roster.

Carr

Djohns

Dwill

Julio

Lockett

Cooks

Martavis

Khalil mack

Reshad Jones

Derrek Johnson

I may swap out Cooks for Jmatth depending on Brees health. I also have waiver priority so there are a few interesting prospects like cmike, K williams, Powell, Joique, and Gillislee.

Stay away from a Christine Michael. Seattle's running game is full blown RBBC with Michael, Brown and Jackson.

Struggling in 1. It's TD heavy league...

Need 3 of these: (0-1 RB)

1)J Hill - TDS are important. Will he even get sniff with McCarron and Denver D

2) L Murray - good match up but is rarely used in red zone

3) S Watkins - on fire. Feel he is a Must

4) G Olsen - Great Matchup... weary of Carolina sitting players...

5) B Marshall - seems like no Brainer but Bilichek always seems to neutralize other teams best player.

6) T Kelce -- who knows with KC offense

I'm leaning 1 of 2 ways:

A) Murray, Watkins, Marshall

B) Olsen, Watkins, Marshall (RBs be damed)

** again this is TD heavy league....

Thoughts?

I'm playing Cam. He got me here so I'm going with him and not going to over think it.

Trying to decide if I'm starting Woodhead in a ppr league. Miller sucks and Draughn got hurt.

Looking at waiver wire if Yeldon or D. Robinson doesn't play.

This is the thing with the Jets, on passing downs, they bring in Powell 90% of the times. Once they fall behind and have to play catch up Powell is in. NE needs to win this game for home field advantage so they are going full force. My feeling is Jets will fall behind and will be passing a lot. Ivory will see a lot of the game from the sidelines. Also, teams have scouted Ivory pretty well. Most of his big runs were to the outside. They have cut that off and EVERY time he goes up the middle is for 2 yards. Turns my stomach watching this every week. Also since we lost our starting guard in Willie Colon and replaced him with god awful Winters, the run game has not been the same.

So what your telling me is he is going to win my championship game for me? lol. So do you think powell would be a better starter than hightower?

My team

A. Rodgers

T. Hightower

C. Artis payne

D. Hopkins

G. Tate

A. seferian Jenkins

J. Matthews(i started him vs AZ and he won my game)

Panthers D

Mike Nungent

Bench

E. Lacy

J. Ajayi

T. Coleman

A. Abdullah

B. Powell

Keshawn Martin

C. mike

I grabbed all potential RB's in week 14 and dropped all my who knows what there gunna do WR's

It's standard scoring. I was really thinking of starting the texans d this week. There on waivers

5) B Marshall - seems like no Brainer but Bilichek always seems to neutralize other teams best player.

I'm leaning 1 of 2 ways:

Thoughts?

I would go with hill watkins and marshall. Hill seems to be fantasy relevant due to his touchdowns, watkins like you said he is on fire, and marshall cuz jets are going to be playing catch up for the most part is what i would go with.

So what your telling me is he is going to win my championship game for me? lol. So do you think powell would be a better starter than hightower?

My team

A. Rodgers

T. Hightower

C. Artis payne

D. Hopkins

G. Tate

A. seferian Jenkins

J. Matthews(i started him vs AZ and he won my game)

Panthers D

Mike Nungent

Bench

E. Lacy

J. Ajayi

T. Coleman

A. Abdullah

B. Powell

Keshawn Martin

C. mike

I grabbed all potential RB's in week 14 and dropped all my who knows what there gunna do WR's

It's standard scoring. I was really thinking of starting the texans d this week. There on waivers

In a PPR league, you have to go with Powell. In a standard league, go with Hightower because he gets more touches and will get the rock at the GL.

I'm leaning 1 of 2 ways:

Thoughts?

Hill

Marshall

Watkins

I need to decide between Cam and Ben

Ben

Playing Bilal over Ivory like everyone else here. Bilal has looked great lately and if there's ever a game the Jets will be pass heavy it will be this week.

Have a flex choice between Hightower/Denard. Denard is obvious if healthy (I think?)

I think ivory will have a good game , they don't want to get into a shoot out

Interesting stat I heard over sports radio, Jets have not beaten a team with a winning record. Ugh, doesn't look good but Jets always play NE tough.

Locked and Loaded for the title in 12-teamer:

QB: Drew Brees (Sam Bradford if Brees doesn't practice)

RB: Matt Forte

RB: Darren McFadden

WR: Antonio Brown

WR: Brandin Cooks (Ted Ginn if Brees doesn't play)

WR: DeSean Jackson

TE: Jordan Reed (have Delanie Walker too)

K: Steven Hauschka

D: KC

Benching Gurley vs Seattle, the #1 D against the run. Can't believe CBS has him ranked in the top 10, no way I would trust him this week.

Benching Miler or Freeman but have to play one of them.

I'd bench Miller. Miami is tanking and Miller is a free agent so they have no interest in boosting his stats. Plus they want to see what they have in Ajayi. Also they are a completely clueless football team right now but so is Atlanta

I am going to roll with Woodhead. With Melvin Gordon out I just don't see how Woodhead can be held back. Famous last words though

I am considering Jordan Matthews but he's had only 3-4 good games all year. Boom or bust candidate so I'm still evaluating whether I need to go for the boom or do a safer play.

Benching Eddie Lacy and Lamar Miller. Miller explained above. Lacy is going against a very tough D and absolutely sucks when he can't get it going.

Benching Cobb because he's been nothing but mediocre all year. What a waste. Dude is just not an elite talent.

Rolling with Cam and Greg Olsen. Carolina has something to play for (first seed still theoretically open plus 16-0) and Rivera has made it obvious that he thinks resting players is risky. Those guys got me here so of course I am sticking with them

Wish you were right but they probably wont have the option to "not have a shootout".

Just cant envision a scenario where ivory somehow gets 20 touches milking clock or something

Currently benching Peterson for Shoelace. Wish Vikings didn't play Sunday night! Thinking vikes may not have a reason to play him by the time their game starts so worried he will sit or have reduced roll to stay healthy for playoffs. My rbs are reason I'm in finals but ADP and Freeman (vs Panthers) may be my downfall this week. Have Shoelace and Hightower as only bench options with Yeldon looking like he is gonna sit. Hoping Robinson can bounce back against Saints defense. Will probably change my mind 100x's until sunday, lol

Not sure on Cooks or Hilton either, hoping Brees can somehow play.

Good luck to all!!!!

Peterson has been declining so no big loss. Like you said, maybe this is shoelaces week against the worst defense in football.

• Like 1

I am also hoping to hear Karlos will be the lead back so I can start him.