Sign in to follow this  
kujerry

Thoughts on B. Marsh?

What's everyone's thoughts on Brandon Marshall if the jets roll with Geno Smith. I'm debating on keeping him in my PPR as a 4th round keeper leagues if fitz doesn't come back. I just don't trust Geno.

How far down does he fall on ur lists? Or do some of u not even draft him because of Geno.

If Geno is the QB, I'm not drafting him anywhere near where others will. The problem with BM is he was going to fall from last years numbers even if Fitz came back. I don't believe those numbers would have been the same with Forte in the backfield and the offensive line being less than stellar.

Same story , you can't value him the same with Geno at Qb.

If they sign Fitzy then BMarsh goes in my top 12ish. If they don't, I'll have him ranked closer to 30thish. Even with Geno at QB he still going to be a LOT more productive than a lot of the C tier guys out there.

I keep waiting for the guy to slow down. Been around forever and he's 32 (I would've guessed 33-34 because he's seemingly been in the league so long).

However it hasn't happened yet.

I remember two years ago when I proposed Marshall as probably the safest receiver in the draft. I said he may be the safest bet to take as the 1st receiver. Everyone said I was dumb... and then he went on to have pretty much the worst, most inconsistent year of his career.

The next year I kept that scorn and refused to take a washed up bum on the Jets. And then he absolutely tore the field up. I think he is as safe as it gets. His value on FFC is still pretty low it seems. I'm sure the site just hasn't caught up yet. As soon as he scores a TD in preseason he is going to shoot up to early 2nd.

BUT whos going to be the starting quarterback? Fitz or Geno? Have they announced that yet?

Is this serious?

Yes. I wouldnt have asked if it wasnt. Have they named the starting quarterback?

I keep waiting for the guy to slow down. Been around forever and he's 32 (I would've guessed 33-34 because he's seemingly been in the league so long).

However it hasn't happened yet.

Taller Wrs that have elite talent can hang in there longer due to their red zone ability. He can still take it deep but that won't last much longer.

Yes. I wouldnt have asked if it wasnt. Have they named the starting quarterback?

They wouldn't have signed Fitz if they thought Geno could start

• Like 1

Last year they had the easiest schedule in the league. This year it's pretty hard. I'm shying away from him unless it's around the third round or so. Which he will get drafted before then and highly over drafted. I bet he goes at the 1/2 turn in a 12 teamer. Classic case of stat chasing

I disagree. I believe they wanted to make sure they had a solid backup. Remember Geno was supposed to be starting until he got his face broken by a punch. I think they still want Geno to play but want to make sure if he cant then they have Fitz. Just saying its not as cut and dry as you might believe

I disagree. I believe they wanted to make sure they had a solid backup. Remember Geno was supposed to be starting until he got his face broken by a punch. I think they still want Geno to play but want to make sure if he cant then they have Fitz. Just saying its not as cut and dry as you might believe

Geno is horrendous. I think it is that cut and dry. If they want to pay $12 mil to a backup when they already have cap issues then that's something I didn't see coming

Geno is horrendous. I think it is that cut and dry. If they want to pay $12 mil to a backup when they already have cap issues then that's something I didn't see coming

So was RGlll yet the skins kept trotting him out there just like the Jets were planning on doing with Geno. Just saying they havent made an announcement yet on whos starting so THAT should still tell you something.

So was RGlll yet the skins kept trotting him out there just like the Jets were planning on doing with Geno. Just saying they havent made an announcement yet on whos starting so THAT should still tell you something.

Rg3 at least was good for his rookie year at least. He showed dynamic ability. Smith was solid for a few games at the end of his rookie year. Big difference. Plus rg3 was being pushed from up top. They traded a ton to get him. Of course he gets more slack

Rg3 at least was good for his rookie year at least. He showed dynamic ability. Smith was solid for a few games at the end of his rookie year. Big difference. Plus rg3 was being pushed from up top. They traded a ton to get him. Of course he gets more slack

Just saying that Geno was still regarded as the starter until he got hurt in which they brought in Fitz. Of course Fitz is much better and should be the starter.

It'd be like announcing that water is wet

If you think Geno is starting, I got a bridge to sell you just outside Manhattan

I was corrected recently when I said that same thing about Geno leading the competition last year before the face punch, but seems Fitz was returning from a broken leg so that's why Geno was 'leading'. Fitz is the starter and one of Geno or Petty is likely going to be looking for a job. B Marsh is worth a mid to late 2nd imo.

• Like 1

I will wait for Decker.

Dude is criminally underrated. Absolutely no clue aside from being a white WR why his ADP is as low as it always is

I see him ranked as the 28 th wr and I've got him ranked at number 26.

I think that's his number for now .

Dude is criminally underrated. Absolutely no clue aside from being a white WR why his ADP is as low as it always is

Because he's always second fiddle. But a very good one

He's about as good as they come right now, across the board at WR. PPR monster. Huge week to week upside. A little risk factor due to his age, 32,

but he should still be at top form this season.

well, if fitz plays as well as last year, you're all set. but FF rule #1, last year doesn't = this year.

still, rules are made to be broken and I just cant see fitz crapping the bed. him and offensive coordinator Chan gailey are a sure thing

Yep. this is a no brainer.

Really hard to see both Marshall and Decker having the stats they both put up last season , based on the fact that Fitzpatrick had his best season ever .

I'm not buying that he will toss 30 plus tds again and over 3900 yards .

In dynasty traded away Marshall for Tevin Coleman a second and 4th round pick.

Already have Freeman. Pretty happy to sell high very high

He produces every year regardless of QB. He's about as consistent a WR as you can hope for. Even with an expected regression from last year I expect him to live up to his ADP pretty easily. The Jets have few established options behind BM/ED so he's going to see plenty of targets and Fitzpatrick has never been shy about throwing it downfield and letting his WRs make a play

He produces every year regardless of QB. He's about as consistent a WR as you can hope for. Even with an expected regression from last year I expect him to live up to his ADP pretty easily. The Jets have few established options behind BM/ED so he's going to see plenty of targets and Fitzpatrick has never been shy about throwing it downfield and letting his WRs make a play

Except for the year I proclaimed him the safest ppr receiver in the draft. He had a bad ankle sprain all year and had about his worst season as a pro. I do believe in him though.

Except for the year I proclaimed him the safest ppr receiver in the draft. He had a bad ankle sprain all year and had about his worst season as a pro. I do believe in him though.

Right. Overall though he's been very durable

Personally, he's about as safe of a pick as you can get. You know he's gonna get plenty of targets, catches, & continues to be a red zone monster. There are more "flashier" picks & maybe the have more upside but it's hard to argue against not taking him over just about any 2nd (maybe early 3rd) round WR. You know what to expect & can count on him to deliver. I'd rather have him then the following current 2nd-early 3rd WRs like: ARob/Allen/Cooper/TY/Evans/Cooks/Jeffrey/Jordy