Sign in to follow this  
scottybo

Trust Eddie Lacy?

Anyone trusting Eddie Lacy this year? Seems to be in better shape and in a contract year so he should be motivated.

Would you keep him for $16 in PPR auction draft with 100 budget?

That seems cheap for a guy that was going 1st round last year. I think that's an ok price, but not spectacular. This will be my first year in a keeper league. My goal is to always have at least one keeper that is at a spectacular price

yeah he's still around a top ten back good at that price

Lacy would be my #4 in my dynasty league, I would have David Johnson ($5), Doug Martin ($12), Latavius Murray ($8) and Eddie Lacy ($16).

Might trade derek carr ($4), latavius murray ($8) and tyler eifert ($4) for luck ($20). should i make the trade? got 1 hour before i have to decide on my keeper.

Well it being a contract year maybe he'll be properly motivated. But that fat pile screwed me last year and I'm still pretty bitter about it

A steal of deal anywhere rnd 2 and on. Rnd 3 after taking 2 wrs is larceny, should be a felony.

Lacy would be my #4 in my dynasty league, I would have David Johnson ($5), Doug Martin ($12), Latavius Murray ($8) and Eddie Lacy ($16).

Might trade derek carr ($4), latavius murray ($8) and tyler eifert ($4) for luck ($20). should i make the trade? got 1 hour before i have to decide on my keeper.

think I would rather have Carr

If the past taught us anything, how often does a fallen stud bounce back? This is another one of those examples. Charles is in the same position but Lacy does not have the backup complications the former has.

Lacy could make up for drafting Bell round 1. You get Bell and Lacy as your top backs, then two receivers followed by DWill and maybe RB or WR3. Unless you want a QB before a WR 3(or 2).

I saw that Reid said if healthy Charles is his guy .

And a packers beat writer was quoted saying he sees a Lacy and Starks split .

I saw that Reid said if healthy Charles is his guy .

And a packers beat writer was quoted saying he sees a Lacy and Starks split .

Lacy has lost 20 lbs and gained a bunch of Muscle. If he returns to the form of his first couple years, hes gonna light it up.

The only concern I really had was if he lost too much weight and lost some of the strength that made him so hard to tackle. But that does not appear to be the case.

If he's faster, and his endurance is up and he returns to his pass catching ways, this guy could be a beast.

Yes I'm drinking the cool aid, and I will acquire him in any league where this is a legit possibility.

His weight being down should help his endurance this season .

But I'm not going to rank him over Charles .m

He will be high on my Rb list though .

Is it the equipment, or does he look just like he did last year?

He still looks fat. Just not as fat. I think he looks good so far though.

As CMT mentioned above... contract year...

http://www.rotoworld.com/teams/contracts/nfl/gb/

How can anyone think Eddie Lacy did P90X to get in shape because he gives a sh*t about pride and performance?

Hell nawwwww.

That tubbo got in shape so he can fleece GB (or some other sucka) into paying him big money this offseason. Then he'll binge on Doritos and trudge off into obscurity.

I'm buying. This fool likes to eat. He needs a good year to get that buffet money in 2017.

I like him more going into this season than I did last season .

I still suspect a timeshare. Paid $3 for Starks in an auction league

If Nelson comes back healthy and at least somewhat himself, things will be a bit easier for Lacy too.

No WR could get separation last year and teams were actually able to throw in an extra guy in the box to slow down Lacy. A healthy Nelson gives them that deep threat again and opens things back up for Lacy.

It would help Lacy a lot of Nelson stays healthy and can keep that deep threat alive to open some holes. Fat Eddie is slow and doesn't make his own holes. lol

In all seriousness, I expect Lacy to do ok this year. Though, I wouldn't trust him long-term, ie keeper league.

Based on a story I read , it truly benefits the whole Packers offence to have Nelson back .

Rodgers himself was talking about how much he and the rest of the offence unit missed him .

A healthy Nelson gives the entire offense a bump. So maybe more room for Lacy, more play action ... and yet I still think he timeshares with Starks with maybe a 50/30 split a hodgepodge of stuff to other backs. If Lacy got some of his quicks back, he is once again a bit of a threat in the passing game.

I think those that are citing Jordy Nelson's return to the offense are spot on as to why Lacy could improve this year. I've never been impressed with him as a running back. If you look at his and Starks' career numbers they both have an identical 4.3 YPC and both had a 4.1 YPC last year.

Basically if the offense is good and the TD's are there then Lacy can be productive. If the offense is mediocre because Nelson or half the OL is hurt, then Lacy is clearly no AP or Gurley. He's not going to make something out of nothing running the ball. He's a middle of the road NFL RB.

Basically if you think Jordy is going to be a factor this season, I'd put lacy back up to his 2013/2014 levels of roughly 1100 yards and 10 TD's. If you think Jordy is still hurt and don't think he' s big contributer to the GB offense, I'd expect more mediocrity from Lacy.

Will never trust Fat Eddie again. Plus the coach seems to like to alternate his starters and touches. You never know who is going to get more touches between him and Starks.

Lacy will get the most work .

Lacy will get the most work .

Have to agree. Starks is a very nice complimentary guy, but Lacy is the one who will produce the most if he is in shape. Love the upside this year.

Have to agree. Starks is a very nice complimentary guy, but Lacy is the one who will produce the most if he is in shape. Love the upside this year.

Mocks I've been doing he's been going in the 3rd round. I see both sides of the risk/reward profit here.

There are much safer investments but few who offer the upside Lacy can provide.

Mocks I've been doing he's been going in the 3rd round. I see both sides of the risk/reward profit here.

There are much safer investments but few who offer the upside Lacy can provide.

Idk about safer rbs in the third. Pretty much all rbs in that area have been let downs at one point or anothet. Maybe Ingram is safer?

Hard to find safer than a guy who has already been a top 7 rb twice, had a bad year when the whole offense was in a bit of a rut and is in a contract year.

• Like 1

Hard to find safer than a guy who has already been a top 7 rb twice, had a bad year when the whole offense was in a bit of a rut and is in a contract year.

True, however If he was perceived as truly safe, he would be baked in as a 1st/2nd rounder. The health and effectiveness of Nelson must be figured into the equation as well.

But I'm not debating, because he's someone who has more upside than others around his ADP.

True, however If he was perceived as truly safe, he would be baked in as a 1st/2nd rounder. The health and effectiveness of Nelson must be figured into the equation as well.

To me it's simple: If Jordy is on the active 53-man roster on September 3rd, I'm aggressively buying Lacy and/or Cobb

If not, I'm likely avoiding the entire offense and limiting my risk exposure.

Either way, Jordy Nelson's health is dictating a lot of my strategy in the first three rounds this year.

To me it's simple: If Jordy is on the active 53-man roster on September 3rd, I'm aggressively buying Lacy and/or Cobb

If not, I'm likely avoiding the entire offense and limiting my risk exposure.

Either way, Jordy Nelson's health is dictating a lot of my strategy in the first three rounds this year.

Sept 3rd? When is your draft?

Sept 3rd? When is your draft?

My main money leagues always draft after the 53-man cut downs...never before.

53-man cuts are on Sept 3rd.

My main money leagues always draft after the 53-man cut downs...never before.

53-man cuts are on Sept 3rd.

I wish I had it that good....nice!