Sign in to follow this  
montana

Judging by the lack of conversation...

Looks like I was the only one dumb enough to watch and/or record the 28 hour TRAIN WRECK that was the ESPN Fantasy Football Marathon?

95% was absolutely garbage.

I personally don't mind Berry really. I don't think he's any better/worse than anyone in the industry. If he can throw out just a few things (stats/trends) that I didn't know, that's good enough for me.

But it ended up being a bad FM Radio morning show with a bunch of gibberish & bad skits. Tired & played out...pretty much like almost everything ESPN does any more.

All rankings were Standard scoring. No PPR, no dynasty, no keeper, & the mock they did was 10 team (1st round only). They continuously talked about the top 10-12 players at each position. Yawn!

Save yourself the time if you recorded any of this & just delete all of it.

• Like 1

I copy and paste my rankings straight from ESPN. Love their marathons. I expect to win my league based entirely off of their 1st round mock.

I didn't bother with it because it's complete crap and just a way to promote their fantasy leagues and other products.

There you go .

I ran across it when someone took TY Hilton early and then turned it off and never looked back. That show will only hurt you.

The Bus took Dez like #5 overall in their mock.

:lol:

Pretty much lost all credibility from that point on (the little it did have).

I watched the first half hour on Monday and then the first half hour or their "celebrity" draft yesterday starting at 8pm Eastern. I mean, who was going to watch 28 hours? What could they possibly say and do to fill that 28 hours? The second question was quickly answered with yet another ridiculous Berry skit. I till find value in what he says, but I can do without him acting like he is the be all end all Fantasy God and some undiscovered comedic genius. He's not. I struggled to stay on after that skit and didn't go back until the draft. 8 team!?! More ridiculousness. I was done.

The WHOLE thing was an effort to promote their "new" app. I don't really care ESPIN. I don't. And you're celebrating 1.5 million and quickly counting teams drafted now? This just tells me there are 1.5 million and counting idiots that use your app. Congrats on that. I think.

I like the premise. I really do. Fantasy football on TV is a medium that really hasn't been tapped into enough.

Having said that...

The timing of this is absolutely the most ESPN dumbest thing ever. Why would you do this right after the first week of the preseason when much of the info is going to be outdated by the time many people draft?

Nobody wants to watch fantasy football on TV. I turn the channel when they start talking about that crap in the pre game shows

I prefer the Fantasy Show on ESPN during the season over the other pre-game show nonsense. And I'll watch the fantasy shows on NFL Network during the season and I'll watch ANYTHING with Kay Adams!

But the key is in-season.

That and always remembering that whatever they say must be taken into context of your league and its rules.

Nobody wants to watch fantasy football on TV. I turn the channel when they start talking about that crap in the pre game shows

Degenerates don't want to watch it on TV because we generally have an equivalent knowledge as any "expert".

But...the rubes in your run-of-the-mill work league that draft kickers in the 8th round soak that sh!t up in a big way. And ratings rule the roost.

Me personally, I'm an impatient individual. I don't want to watch a 30 minute show for something I can find online in 3 minutes. Some people do like the pomp and circumstance of tv pundits tho

• Like 2

I copy and paste my rankings straight from ESPN. Love their marathons. I expect to win my league based entirely off of their 1st round mock.

Ditto

You were mostly correct, except it was 99.9% crap and it was an eight team mock. I only play 2 QB, PPR leagues, so even the .1% was useless to me. The sad thing is that there is an audience for this if done right. An hour show dedicated to all aspects of 1 QB, 2 QB, PPR and non with some analysis beyond the top ten at each position. We're waiting......

if he would only post his rankings.

You'll get Hillary's transcripts and Donald's tax returns before that

You'll get Hillary's transcripts and Donald's tax returns before that

then why does he talk about them, relentlessly?

I tuned into the rerun of First Take last night and they had a 3 person draft between Molly Qerim, Steven A, and Max Kellerman.

Steven A turned it into an opportunity to scream that Molly Qerim is a cheater for 10 minutes.

I'VE BEEN CHEATED!

MOLLY QERIM IS A CHEATER!

I'VE BEEN CHEATED!

I'VE BEEN CHEATED!

I'VE BEEN CHEATED!

I'VE BEEN CHEATED!

I'VE BEEN CHEATED!

I'VE BEEN CHEATED!

Pretty awesome stuff.

Uuuuummmm, no. They could have called it the Captain Obvious show. 95% of what you get from ESPN tv shows centered around the NFL or especially around FF deal with the blatant obvious.

You know, for having the title of FF Czar or FF Point man for ESPN you would think that Berry would bring more depth to it. Yet, he doesn't. I get more in depth analysis and information here and many don't even like to share all of their good stuff. Well, we do have Weepaws. So, there's that.

I wish i had DVR'd it so my wife would go ballistic when her weekly show recordings got blocked out by 28hrs of fantasy football filth...

I wish i had DVR'd it so my wife would go ballistic when her weekly show recordings got blocked out by 28hrs of fantasy football filth...

Guilty as charged. LoL

I think Berry could be a lot better if he were to go to a niche website, where he can go into intricacies, but the ESPN producers don't want that. They want a guy to explain the basics, that is creative enough to do it in a semi goofy, entertaining way. A big reason why we think ESPN sucks is because they weren't trying to get us to play fantasy football, we already do (or have a site we are loyal to already). ESPN is for a broad audience, where this site is for a very specific niche. ESPN goes over the ABC's of fantasy because that's what the vast majority of their viewers want and understand.

Degenerates don't want to watch it on TV because we generally have an equivalent knowledge as any "expert".

Plus, about half the guys that are talking about fantasy hate it. You can tell ESPN was forcing it on them.

It looks like one of the rules at ESPN, though, is never, ever, ever say anything bad about fantasy football since 75% of their viewers probably play (and draft kings gives them a shipload of money)

Plus, about half the guys that are talking about fantasy hate it. You can tell ESPN was forcing it on them.

It looks like one of the rules at ESPN, though, is never, ever, ever say anything bad about fantasy football since 75% of their viewers probably play (and draft kings gives them a shipload of money)

Yeah we used to hear a lot more mocking of fantasy football by these sports media personalities. We almost never hear it now.

Started to watch it (DVR) but since it was a New Years event from last year decided it was probably outdated.

I use their site to host leagues and look at stats but their opinion pieces and expert analysis? No thank you...

Berry is a TV writer, that's how he got his "expertise." This probably goes without saying but he has no real expertise on fantasy football any more than plenty of us on here have that have played for a long time.

Serious fantasy players don't play in 10 team standard re-draft leagues. 12 team PPR should be the bottom barrel minimum but like said above, ESPN's audience only needs to hear info about 20 players deep at each position.

Then again there are threads right on this page where people are asking if they should take Odell or Julio... AJ Green or Dez...

Serious fantasy players don't play in 10 team standard re-draft leagues. 12 team PPR should be the bottom barrel minimum but like said above, ESPN's audience only needs to hear info about 20 players deep at each position.

Then again there are threads right on this page where people are asking if they should take Odell or Julio... AJ Green or Dez...

I play in a wide variety of leagues and I think all are challenging. I do agree though, I don't really like simple standard scoring as much as other kinds. My favorite is PPR and long TD bonus leagues. I also prefer dynasty leagues where you can keep most of your roster year to year. That way you can really build a team over time and work trades.

Nothing worse than a fantasy snob thinking, the only way to do it is the way he does it. Ppr sucks to me. Everyone catches passes, finding a solid running back who gets carries is more difficult these days. The best leagues to me are the ones with your friends, where you get hammered on draft day and take there money at the end of the season.

Nothing worse than a fantasy snob thinking, the only way to do it is the way he does it. Ppr sucks to me. Everyone catches passes, finding a solid running back who gets carries is more difficult these days. The best leagues to me are the ones with your friends, where you get hammered on draft day and take there money at the end of the season.

Funnily enough, I've actually started to feel the desire to start a dynasty league that is RB heavy (.25 a carry, no PPR for WR, .5 PPR tight ends). I love watching running backs, particularly good ones, over a long course of time.

Might have to think about getting wheels on the ground for a league like that...