Sign in to follow this  
Brutal Brutus

CJ Anderson

Can someone please explain why the experts like Anderson so much? I see him ranked ahead of Latavius Murray and I can't figure out why. It looks like Murray has a better o-line, has a more proven track record and probably has a longer leash due to the unproven back behind him. I'm in a keeper league and I may be deciding between one of those two or a receiver like a Cooks, Evans, and Jeffery.

Anderson= duel threat

PPR I would go with Cooks Evans or Jeffery.

It depends on how long you can keep them for. If it is a long term keeper league then Cooks and Evans offer the most year after year upside. Evans and Winston can be a great QB pairing for years to come. Denver has already drafted the possible future in Booker. I think in long term keeper leagues you go with the WR due to less injury risk and longer productive careers.

It's standard, otherwise I wouldn't even consider reaching for an RB.

I still feel the same way in a non ppr .

I'm not a big fan of Anderson.

Well give me Anderson over any of those WRs in a standard league. He is the lead back in what will one of the most run heavy offenses this season. Draft Booker as his handcuff and you should be set. This board is way to WR happy in standard formats.

He won't be the lead back for long , Booker is going to be even soon enough and might even take over . So give me the WRs .

Anderson doesnt lead the broncos in rushing this year. Book it. <---unintended pun.

Agreed. for more info on why visit the following thread:

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=456241

I wouldn't be shocked if CJA gets 300+ carries this year.

What's Denver going to do, throw it? Also, Anderson was very effective in the post-season last year - he was considerably better than Hillman once he had fully recovered from his early injury. Think y'all are missing the boat on this one.

• Like 1

That's ok with me , I would rather stand on land with the paddles.

I'm going to target Booker and pass on Anderson unless he drops .

Anderson is a great back to have with a zero rb draft strategy.

I agree , Anderson is the type of Rb you will indeed in up with as your number one Rb in a zero Rb strategy.

Anderson focking killed it last year when Peyton was gone and Denver was running a more traditional offense.

Now this year with Sanchez or lynch back there they will be running a ton. If CJ gets those carries and dump offs he will be a beast.

So I guess the defense they will be facing won't be expecting that to happen based on the Qb situation with the Broncos.

My emphasis per the scoring in our league will be more on pass catchers. So, I will target mid round backs like Duke, Sproles or Riddick before I would consider a CJ Anderson. Actually, ours is a keeper league and I'm sure someone has him as a starter. This makes me happy!

CJ Anderson's ADP is currently 3rd round. He averaged 4.7 ypc last year and did really well in the second half and playoffs. Denver will be all ball-control this year and Anderson looks to be the focal point of it. If Denver had drafted a RB in the first two rounds I'd be a little worried, but a 4th rounder isn't a huge threat. Meanwhile Hillman is falling down the depth chart. A conservative estimate would be 200 carries for Anderson and could get close to 300.

Considering all that, I'm surprised his ADP is so low.

I dunno. I just can't drink this kool-aid.

I really don't think he's anything special. I think it was & maybe will again be more a situational thing...and I guess volume is one of the things we look for, but I just can't seem to back this guy. Maybe it's been the past Denver RBS that make me shy away from them?

I honestly think if a gun were to my head & I absolutely had to pick a Denver RB, I'd wait on Booker.

They always seem to be high on Denver RBs. It's been that way for a long time.

Yet Denver rarely has the same leading rusher for more than a year or two. They have often used a committee approach that is a headache to figure out. CJ Anderson has potential as they will be a running team. He could be among st the league leaders in carries and possibly rushing TDs. He is good catching the ball too. The wild card is, and it's significant, it is likely at some point he will lose touches and possibly even his starting job. Denver is always unpredictable.

He was injured at the start of last year and then was inexplicably under-used down the stretch behind an inferior Ronnie Hillman before pouring it on from week 16 through the Super Bowl. (although, the Broncos won the whole thing so maybe there was a method to their madness) Going back to 2014, he was the #2 RB in my standard league after he became the go to guy in the middle of the season. So he has a proven track record when healthy AND given the ball.

Throw in the fact that they’re going to run a lot more in the post-Peyton era and I don’t know why he wouldn’t be considered in or at least near the top 10.

He was injured at the start of last year and then was inexplicably under-used down the stretch behind an inferior Ronnie Hillman before pouring it on from week 16 through the Super Bowl. (although, the Broncos won the whole thing so maybe there was a method to their madness) Going back to 2014, he was the #2 RB in my standard league after he became the go to guy in the middle of the season. So he has a proven track record when healthy AND given the ball.

Throw in the fact that they’re going to run a lot more in the post-Peyton era and I don’t know why he wouldn’t be considered in or at least near the top 10.

Well, late in the year, your big strong RB's who play outdoors in the wind, rain, and in some cases snow become valuable. This is why CJA puts up good numbers late in the year. at that point in the season he has a natural advantage. When tackling it's harder to bring a guy like this down in the cold, rain and snow that you get late in the year.

Early in the year when the weather is warm... not so much of a problem.

See. Take his 25 week 1 points in my standard scoring league and extrapolate it out over 16 weeks and he shatters the all time fantasy RB points record. I'm the king of the fantasy world!!

CJ : Booker :: Freeman '15 : Coleman '15

I had Coleman last year, and I have Booker this year. Born to runner-up!!

They're going to funnel everything through CJ Anderson this year. He will get as much work as he can handle. His backup is a rookie still learning the ropes and doesn't pose a threat. Anderson looks like the Broncos player I'd want to own in a run heavy offense.

No one drafted Booker thinking he'd be a week 1 starter. He's a lottery ticket on my bench. If CJ gets as much work as he got last night, he'll likely break down at some point. Not wishing that on him. It's just a reality of football. CJ looked great last night. As a Booker owner, I'm hoping he's studying his arse off and will get his chance if the opp presents itself. Then my late round draft pick would have paid off. If CJ stays healthy all season then... well, I pretty much rolled a gutter ball (anyone, anyone?)

Stud, enjoy the ride CJ owners.

Sadly, I am not an owner.

:(

I'd like to thank our very own Shot Caller as a guy in our league must've taken his advice and had CJ riding the pine. :D

1 week and the fantasy nerds have him in the HOF :rolleyes:

1 week and the fantasy nerds have him in the HOF :rolleyes:

Basically don't even bother playing if you didn't draft him this year. HTH

Glad to have picked him in the middle 3rd round. If he can stay healthy the offense will feature him. That being said after owning him last year it makes me nervous how often he pulls himself from the game and acts like he is injured.

He looked like a fantasy stud last night , good for him and for those who both drafted and started him.

He was on my DND last after being the biggest bust on my team last year.

He certainly looks to be running with authority and confidence again. A far cry from last season.