Sign in to follow this  
ZeroTolerance

Sammy Watkins "could be shut down for weeks"

Per New York Daily News via Rotoworld

"The New York Daily News' Manish Mehta reports Sammy Watkins (foot) "could be shut down for several weeks" because of "severe discomfort" in his surgically-repaired foot.

X-rays taken after Sunday's game did not show a new break, but Mehta reports it remains possible he is shut down for the entire season. It is also possible he is able to manage the pain and continue playing. His status moving forward is completely up in the air, but at this point, it seems unlikely he plays a full 16 games. With the Bills hosting the Jets on Thursday, Watkins should be considered questionable at best for Week 2."

this is being reported like it snuck up on them.. never, ever trust the Bills.

I thought WRs were supposed to be the safe picks. Two of the top 12 down after 1 game.

That's what you get for not letting him play in the pre-season. Or, I should say, that's what we get. Saving grace is that the report is from the NY Daily news, which survives on click bait.

• Like 1

That's what you get for not letting him play in the pre-season. Or, I should say, that's what we get. Saving grace is that the report is from the NY Daily news, which survives on click bait.

• Like 1

Even though I got him in the third round of a 14 team draft I was skeptical and now I regret it. Doesn't help that I drafted Tyrod as well :wall:

Latest updates on Twitter say there's nothing surgically to be done, so it's just going to be a pain management issue for now. That'll probably be annoying all year, but I guess it's better than losing him.

This sucks. I took him over Cooks. I also have Julio. Who is banged up. Luckily I went WR heavy. Hopefully, when Josh Gordon comes back, he'll go back to his stud-like ways.

This is what you get when you let Rex Ryan touch your feet. Sammy should have known better.

Latest updates on Twitter say there's nothing surgically to be done, so it's just going to be a pain management issue for now. That'll probably be annoying all year, but I guess it's better than losing him.

They may need to shelve him though to let it heal up.

Well at a minimum, he'll miss Week 2 since they play on Thursday.

The question is if he can get better for Week 3, or does he take two games off? If the Bills lose to the Jets, starting 0-3 will be a death kneel on the season.

Glad I traded him for Carr and 1.4 in a 2qb league. I won the league last year because of Carr and now he's looking like a champ this year.

Of course.

This is what you get when you let Rex Ryan touch your feet. Sammy should have known better.

LOL. Yea should strictly kiss his wife's feet.

So Sammy says his foot was just 'tired' now, and it's all good.

He got a little mask for it to wear to it can get better REM sleep. No worries.

Lol.

they will shoot him up with cortozone and shove him out on the field, so he'll play, but since he's such a pu$sy he won't do much. I drafted him and Trod and now I'm regretting it, although I'm not in bad shape with Jordy, Diggs and Lockett / D Adams to get me through until Gordon comes back and Cousins as my other QB. Some knobhead in my league dropped stafford before week one so I'm bidding on him.

I'm dropping bennett to try and snag Cruz or Williams (SDC) on waivers too.

Any thoughts on how much I should bid for any / all of the above? We get $200 for the year, blind bid. I've never done a waiver bid system before, no idea how crazy people get the first week.

I was thinking somewhere south of $25 for each of them.

Glad I traded him for Carr and 1.4 in a 2qb league. I won the league last year because of Carr and now he's looking like a champ this year.

I traded him in 2 keepers leagues this offseason and got great return.

AJ Green in one league, off to a pretty good start, and Gurley in another.

Glad I got rid of him.

Time for my annual PSA about Jones fractures, which is what Watkins had. A Jones fracture is a break of the 5th metatarsal (pinky toe bone) near the heel. The problem is that this section of the foot, for whatever reason, has very low blood flow. If the break happens an inch more towards the toes, it is 3 weeks in a walking boot and you are completely healed. In the Jones fracture region though... pins and/or plates, months on a kneelie wheelie, and a huge percentage of re-occurrence because it never seems to quite heal. I know because I've had it twice in the same spot; the first from a taekwondo high-impact injury, the second from a light jog.

Basically I don't draft people who've had this injury. Julio is one such player (had a second re-occurrence). Edelman as well.

"Tired foot" is crap. Mark my words, there will be Orwellian foot-speak for 4-6 months until they decide to shut him down.

• Like 1

This sucks. I took him over Cooks. I also have Julio. Who is banged up. Luckily I went WR heavy. Hopefully, when Josh Gordon comes back, he'll go back to his stud-like ways.

I took Keenan Allen over Cooks in the 3rd round so don't it could be much worse. That said, I was considering trading Spencer Ware for Watkins but now I'm not so sure. I'm loaded at RB with DJ, Demarco, Ware and Blount. The guy that has Watkins also has Hopkins, Moncrief, and Diggs and he has Jamaal Charles which makes Ware especially appealing to him.

There has got to be a deal in here somewhere!

I took Keenan Allen over Cooks in the 3rd round so don't it could be much worse. That said, I was considering trading Spencer Ware for Watkins but now I'm not so sure. I'm loaded at RB with DJ, Demarco, Ware and Blount. The guy that has Watkins also has Hopkins, Moncrief, and Diggs and he has Jamaal Charles which makes Ware especially appealing to him.

There has got to be a deal in here somewhere!

Idk if that's loaded. Keep Ware

Time for my annual PSA about Jones fractures, which is what Watkins had. A Jones fracture is a break of the 5th metatarsal (pinky toe bone) near the heel. The problem is that this section of the foot, for whatever reason, has very low blood flow. If the break happens an inch more towards the toes, it is 3 weeks in a walking boot and you are completely healed. In the Jones fracture region though... pins and/or plates, months on a kneelie wheelie, and a huge percentage of re-occurrence because it never seems to quite heal. I know because I've had it twice in the same spot; the first from a taekwondo high-impact injury, the second from a light jog.

Basically I don't draft people who've had this injury. Julio is one such player (had a second re-occurrence). Edelman as well.

"Tired foot" is crap. Mark my words, there will be Orwellian foot-speak for 4-6 months until they decide to shut him down.

Could have used your annual PSA before my draft :mad:

If Watkins returns this week than I wou,d make that deal for Ware .

You have good Rbs already.

But it depends on when Watkins returns , or if he does.

Forget Watkins guys. This foot thing is going to fock his whole year whether he plays or not

Agreed. It could jack up his career.

Forget Watkins guys. This foot thing is going to fock his whole year whether he plays or not

Julio had the same thing. I think he missed one game the year after he had it. That being said, I would prefer they shut him down for a few weeks. But it sounds like it's pain, and that should have been excpected. That being said, wtf do I know about another guys foot?

Someone offered me ware for watkins, ppr. I don't think Charles is coming back and even if he does Ware has a shot at supplanting him. Watkins has a bad wheel that they can't fix as we've already discussed. I'm thinking about doing it. Any thoughts?

Someone offered me ware for watkins, ppr. I don't think Charles is coming back and even if he does Ware has a shot at supplanting him. Watkins has a bad wheel that they can't fix as we've already discussed. I'm thinking about doing it. Any thoughts?

Do it.

I'd probably do it

I don't know what is 'fair' for Watkins. He's certainly at a low right now. I got a vjax for Watkins straight up offer yesterday for instance.

If he could get out there and play decently tmrw, I'd prop him up and get him away from my roster with supreme promptness. Getting back a round 5-7 adp wr you like would be a gift.

Anybody dare starting him tomorrow? I pretty much have to start him or Allen hurns this weekend and both make me want to vomit

I'm terrified. I'm thinking of putting him on the bench in favor of some very low end alternatives.

I mean low like picking up Vereen or Cadet and starting them in the Giants/saints redux. Remember last year? Sure, that was in New Orleans but still.

I just know if I want tmrw night to end with me sitting on a 3 for 41 from Watkins. That seems more like what to expect right now.

I'm terrified. I'm thinking of putting him on the bench in favor of some very low end alternatives.

I mean low like picking up Vereen or Cadet and starting them in the Giants/saints redux. Remember last year? Sure, that was in New Orleans but still.

I just know if I want tmrw night to end with me sitting on a 3 for 41 from Watkins. That seems more like what to expect right now.

Exactly and then I'll be kicking myself for the next two days until Sunday hoping the rest of my team bails me out.

The guy I'm playing is starting the Jets defense. It makes me want to start watkins because if he gets in for a touchdown that really nullifies his points defensively

Here's a list of guys, who would you start over Watkins tonight assuming he plays...

Will fuller

travis benjamin

kevin white

tate

marvin jones

crabtree

sanu

coates

eli rogers

chris hogan

allen hurns

lockett