Sign in to follow this  
edjr

Bruce Springsteen rocked Gillette last night for 4+ hours.

4 hours of pure sh1t I am sure. I can'd stand that focker.

I know a lot of people that worship at the feet of Bruce and they have a rocking time.

Dude knows how to put on a show.

goes on at 7:30 with no opener and plays 4+ hours with no intermission?

Legend.

Rock on Bruce.

Never saw the allure of the Boss or his music. Just not a fan. :dunno:

Only time I could mildly stand him was the 80s and he doesn't play any of it in concert

Americas greatest rock star.

This has merit.

4+ hour Bruce concerts are a great way to kill off the parasitic baby-boomers. :thumbsup:

Heard a guy on the radio yesterday that said he had been to see bruce 97 times :wacko:

Heard a guy on the radio yesterday that said he had been to see bruce 97 times :wacko:

I'm 50+. Lost track, but it's not more than 60.

4+ hour Bruce concerts are a great way to kill off the parasitic baby-boomers. :thumbsup:

Those people bring their disinterested kids to his concerts now. Its funny watching them act like they care to please their parents.

Had quite a few friends there last night, including one who brought his kids. His 16 year old son has seen him 5+ times and he knows all of the songs. Many kids now like classic rock instead of the crap they play on the radio.

Not a fan but good for him

Had quite a few friends there last night, including one who brought his kids. His 16 year old son has seen him 5+ times and he knows all of the songs. Many kids now like classic rock instead of the crap they play on the radio.

Of course. But the show I saw a few weeks ago in NJ consisted of the first 10 songs that were released in 1974 or earlier. and none of them were hits, ever. Some of the kids are into it, but I see just as many if not more playing on their phones.

Of course. But the show I saw a few weeks ago in NJ consisted of the first 10 songs that were released in 1974 or earlier. and none of them were hits, ever. Some of the kids are into it, but I see just as many if not more playing on their phones.

Looks like Bruce Springsteen is about to beat his own record: As deadline approached, the show hit four hours, with Peter Wolf joining in for “Shout” before Bruce struck up another encore, John Fogerty’s “Rockin’ All Over the World,” followed by “Bobby Jean.”
It’s unlikely that anyone at the stadium — which was packed, if not quite sold out — walked away feeling shortchanged.
Even for longtime fans, there was a lot in the show that they probably haven’t heard in a long while. A healthy amount of the show — the first hour and a half, save for “Prove It All Night” — came from his first two albums, which don’t 
always get much live airing. The rarely played “New York City Serenade” made a lovely and low-key opener,
especially with a string quartet who appeared only on that tune.
The old songs didn’t sound quite the same as 
before: “Lost in the Flood” has picked up more rage over the years, “Incident on 57th Street,” more 
poetry. Always a strong live number, “Kitty’s Back” had an especially long instrumental jam, with tasty and stretched-out solos from Jake Clemons on sax and Springsteen on guitar.
Springsteen reminisced freely between songs, talking about buying his first guitar and making his first trip to the record label.
After this heady opening stretch, the midset revved up with an exhausting string of rockers, including a few that are usually saved for encores (the 
“Detroit Medley” and “Light of Day”), and a trip into the audience during “Hungry Heart” and “Out in the Street” (the only songs played from the “River” 
album, which he toured earlier in the year).
Another surprise came 
after he collected audience requests: Yet another rarely played early song, “4th of July, Asbury Park (Sandy),” which Springsteen played solo, only cueing Soozie Tyrell to come in on accordion for the last chorus.
Complaints? Well, Springsteen still pays far too little attention to his work since the ’80s: Only a few songs (including the tense “American Skin (41 Shots)” and a fine rocker, “Radio Nowhere”) represented the last batch of 
albums, with the three latest ones skipped altogether.
Last night was more about reconnecting with a few hours of favorites.

He didn't do 41 shots at my show. I usually hit the head during that. Not that I hate it so much, but I don't need to see some yuppies doing the Michael Brown hands up thing.

Never saw the allure of the Boss or his music. Just not a fan. :dunno:

I got invited to see him in '81 on The River tour,I was not a fan at the time but went anyway and damn glad I did.Jungleland may well be one of the greatest songs ever.

Not one of my favorites but I saw him when I was like 14 and its still one of the best live shows I have ever seen.

As a matter of fact the first three concerts I ever saw might have been three of the best: Van Halen, Springsteen, and the J. Geils Band.

Yes, I am old.

J. Geils Band.

ask anyone that knows Rock and Roll from Boston that is 50+ about J Geils and they always have a great concert story to tell

I alsways mix in J Geils when it's the right cowd when I DJ and it's early in the night

• Like 1

Not one of my favorites but I saw him when I was like 14 and its still one of the best live shows I have ever seen.

As a matter of fact the first three concerts I ever saw might have been three of the best: Van Halen, Springsteen, and the J. Geils Band.

Yes, I am old.

Heh my first show cost $10.25 with service charge and was a summerjam with this line-up in order Little River Band,Climax Blues Band,Head East,Black Oak,REO Speedwagon,Ted Nugent.

Heh my first show cost $10.25 with service charge and was a summerjam with this line-up in order Little River Band,Climax Blues Band,Head East,Black Oak,REO Speedwagon,Ted Nugent.

i bet you took it on the run

ask anyone that knows Rock and Roll from Boston that is 50+ about J Geils and they always have a great concert story to tell

I alsways mix in J Geils when it's the right cowd when I DJ and it's early in the night

:thumbsup:

So what's your J. Geils Band story? :lol:

:thumbsup:

So what's your J. Geils Band story? :lol:

i've got many years before 50, fucko

• Like 1

I thout they'd breakup after the Big Man died.

Yeah,. How could they ever replace a dude that played the Sax :doh:

Only time I could mildly stand him was the 80s and he doesn't play any of it in concert

Seriously he doesn't play Glory Days or Born in USA live anymore ?

Seriously he doesn't play Glory Days or Born in USA live anymore ?

if you don't mind listening to 3 and half hours of sh1t songs and Bruce talk about the good old times

Encore:
26. Long Walk Home
27. Jungleland
28. Born to Run
29. Dancing in the Dark

Yeah,. How could they ever replace a dude that played the Sax :doh:

Fock kareem Abdul jabaar and his stupid looking face.....and skyhook....and elbowing his way to his spot on the floor and getting calls AGAINST the defender.

Fock kareem Abdul jabaar and his stupid looking face.....and skyhook....and elbowing his way to his spot on the floor and getting calls AGAINST the defender.

Take it to the curly board :mad:

J. Geils was my first concert, at age 16, in Providence, RI just after Christmas 1980. Before the show, people were throwing frisbees and beachballs around. A frisbee went into some restricted area under the stands. I went in to grab the frisbee, and some psycho security guard grabbed me by the throat, told me to stay the fock away from there, sit down or he'd throw my ass out!

Was that a great story, or what? :banana: :banana: :banana:

J. Geils was my first concert too, not counting seeing the beach boys with my parents. Freeze frame tour Saratoga ny

Way too long for a concert. In fact, it's way too long for pretty much any form of entertainment.

Bruce is decent and I like a lot of his music, but who wants to sit through 4 hours of anything?

Solid lineup, but again, way too long for me.

PeeWee Herman once said in a Cheech & Ching movie....."Bruce, he's Fawking it all up!!!". I agree with that sentiment. Springsteen sucks. I was an 80's kid that saw every concert Icould. The two shows that sucked the most were Springstein and The Greatful Dead. Couldn't wait for either show to end. Give me Petty, Alice Cooper, Benatar, The Police, Fleetwood Mac, Styx, Cheap Trick, or any if the others in the early 80's. Two hours of great rock and go home. Fourhourshows suck and musicians doing impove suck more.

• Like 1

I like Bruce Enough, But honestly, anymore, I don't want to do anything for 4 hours other than sleep without getting up to pee.

And the worst part about shows like that these days is, You spend $1,200 on tickets And some drunken Millennial b**** Behind you spent the entire night doing this: SCREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

On 9/15/2016 at 9:02 AM, Hardcore troubadour said:

Americas greatest rock star.

:o 

On 9/15/2016 at 11:38 AM, edjr said:

i've got many years before 50, fucko

:cry: