Sign in to follow this  
Philo312

Gronk thoughts, who's trotting him out? ..or sitting

Gronk is a game-time-decision.

Should you start him if he's out there? depends on your other options.

NE's rookie QB (Jacoby Brissett) will have his hands full managing the HOU pass rush. I expect NE will use a ton of multiple TE sets with (Gronk, Martellus Bennett, and AJ Derby) and rely on both RBs James White, Blount, DJ Foster to keep the run/short-pass/blocking options versatile and unpredictable.

NE can load up with a JUMBO type alignment and still throw if they want to... that's a big part of what the Gronk / Bennett tandem brings for them. It protects the young QB without giving up too much of the vertical game.

• Like 1

Ugh. Stuck between Bennett (#3 QB, Houston D, Gronk back) and Gates (possibly out).

Pats staff raved about Bennett in week 1 - praising his selflessness and blocking... and it looks like they rewarded him in week 2 for it.

I'd expect more of the same.

Bennett will play. And he's a critical part of keeping Brissett alive - Brissett seems to have a good rapport with him already.

Pats staff raved about Bennett in week 1 - praising his selflessness and blocking... and it looks like they rewarded him in week 2 for it.

I'd expect more of the same.

Bennett will play. And he's a critical part of keeping Brissett alive - Brissett seems to have a good rapport with him already.

Part of my concern is him being used more for blocking against the Texans D rather than running routes.

The NE media guys are all saying he's playing but, it's the Patriots, so I'll believe it when I see it. As of now, I'm starting him over Pitta but there's a good chance I'll regret that.

I think he is only playing as a decoy since Pats are down to their 3rd string QB. Need whatever leverage they can get to be able to run the ball tonight

If you have no grand alternatives, you have to roll him out there and risk him have the avg tight end 4 for 31 game. The upside is why you have him. And you can't miss any of his good games. You can't.

Gronk is a game-time-decision.

Should you start him if he's out there? depends on your other options.

NE's rookie QB (Jacoby Brissett) will have his hands full managing the HOU pass rush. I expect NE will use a ton of multiple TE sets with (Gronk, Martellus Bennett, and AJ Derby) and rely on both RBs James White, Blount, DJ Foster to keep the run/short-pass/blocking options versatile and unpredictable.

NE can load up with a JUMBO type alignment and still throw if they want to... that's a big part of what the Gronk / Bennett tandem brings for them. It protects the young QB without giving up too much of the vertical game.

Good info -thanks Ryan.

I like what Bennett brings to this team; big time versatility & great blockIng abilities. I'm leaning towards sitting him for Pitta this week...

I view healthy Pitta as a national treasure. Start him. He easily falls into 'grand alternative' to an iffy Gronk with a dude some of my bros have been calling 'brisket' playing qb on a Thursday night.

• Like 1

If he's active you play him.

It's Gronk.

If he's active you play him.

It's Gronk.

My alternative is Jared Cook which is close to taking a zero so... I'm Gronking tonight$#@! :unsure:

Healthy Pitta is a national treasure. If you don't feel right about Gronk, do the Pitta. If we were talking about a shakier alt, I'd cuss at you and tell you start Gronk without trepidation.

I could see them sitting him until Brady's return. Never drafted him before and he fell to the 8th pick to me and my friend convinced me. Never again. Torpedo'd my team to 0-3

Brisket screwed him on his one super obvious red zone target. And hell, the Texans laid on the ball and made it too easy to keep Gronk off the field. Boo.

Healthy Pitta is a national treasure. If you don't feel right about Gronk, do the Pitta. If we were talking about a shakier alt, I'd cuss at you and tell you start Gronk without trepidation.

Whew...Thankfully I'm dancing with Pitta. Thanks for the reminder that he's a gem. My lord. Huge props to NE though -hot damn!-what a bunch of phock sticks Texans looked like tonight.

Never bench your studs....YOLO

Yeah, I know this mantra well. Thankfully I didn't follow it. I benched Gronk and am quite pleased. Now I just have to decide between Cameron and JThomas. Thomas would generally be a no brainer, but that Baltimore defense has been stingy with TE's for a while dating back to last season.

Brisket screwed him on his one super obvious red zone target.

Hey, it's not Brisket's fault that Gronk isn't 38 feet tall.

I recommend sitting him, let him play a game first since BB is unpredictable.

Would you have made this recommendation before the game actually went down last night and Gronk ended up with 1 target and zero catches? :doublethumbsup:

I recommend sitting him, let him play a game first since BB is unpredictable.

If I were John F Kennedy I would not go to Dallas in November 1963. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Would you have made this recommendation before the game actually went down last night and Gronk ended up with 1 target and zero catches? :doublethumbsup:

I did

I think he is only playing as a decoy since Pats are down to their 3rd string QB. Need whatever leverage they can get to be able to run the ball tonight

:dunno: