Sign in to follow this  
jgcrawfish

Is OBJ a bust if he no-shows this weekend?

I know he's likely got Norman on him a large chunk of the game, but if he doesn't produce this weekend, at what point does "bust" start being thrown around?

No. He has still been decent in non ppr. A few near miss tds. Plus he could put up 85 yards and 0 tds this week, then go on a 150 yard 1td a game tear the rest of the year and most definitely not be a bust.

You do realize he missed 4 games two years ago and still finish top 3 wr at end of season.

you realize the Giants didn't have a defense, and they didn't have Cruz or shep. He was force fed the ball. I wouldn't say he's a bust but he's clearly not a top 5 WR ROS.

I hope folks think he's a bust cuz I'll be right there ready to swoop in and procure him. He's probably top 5-ish moreso than clear top 3 but I have confidence that he'll be fine. And he's going to have some big games to propel him/help him 'catch up'.

The Giants wrs have had a little drop fever so far. And even with that, Eli is still bringing some crazy completion percentages. And they are getting off lots of plays. Aka the Giants passing game is the place to be right now. The big plays are gonna connect eventually. When they do, the points will be overflowing. Get in, stay in, and enjoy.

Hasn't Eli been a bit inconsistent year to year.

Is this Eli being Eli or more?

Not recently as far as inconsistent. The last few have been anywhere from decent to excellent and he's been good the first two games this season. I think he may put up the bet year of his career.

However, I'm not sure it'll be his best fantasy season. The Giants defense is incredibly improved from last year. Therefore, he won't need to win games by throwing 50 times anymore.

Nobody said anything about selling. What happened 2 seasons ago after missing 4 games isn't this season. I'm just saying if he's a no show again this week bust might be the best used term

This is a streaky game. Always is.

No player scores big every week. Look at any player and you will see games where they score like a bust. It's been 2 games.

Will he have a big game this week? I don't know but he's got a good chance. Their opponent has given up 100 yards to back to back star WRs.

In any case, he will be fine. He's not just stopped being good at football.

Lay off the Red Bull and relax.

Norman punched him in the mouth and stole his lunch last year, and their matchup is the true game. Anxious to see how the refs handle it. That crew of clowns last year should've ALL been run for life.

Norman punched him in the mouth and stole his lunch last year, and their matchup is the true game. Anxious to see how the refs handle it. That crew of clowns last year should've ALL been run for life.

OBJ burned him multiple times....

During that game the Panthers entire defense was trying to intimidate Beckham. From the bats at warm ups to constantly shuving him after plays were dead, anyone would have lost their shlt with what the Panthers were pulling. OBJs teammates were nowhere to be found sticking up for him. I thought it was a shltty display on his teammates part.

Even with OBJ getting frustrated, he still burned Norman and could have had 2 TDs that day. So if you say OBJ had his lunch stolen, you have no clue what you're talking about.

Got into this argument with you last year. I think it was you. So when NFL Channel ran the game again a few months back, I DVRd it and watched specifically their matchup.

I agree Norman got the first hit in, but Beckham pretty much lost his after that. You talk of the two TDs he could've had, he choked by dropping that first one. After that, Norman ate him alive.

Carolina was up 35-0 before Beckham even got himself back in the game, in fact I'm not sure he even had a catch up till then. HE let his team down. Though I did love that strut he did on Norman after he pushed off to get the TD. CLASSIC moment lol. I'm wondering if their matchup will be anti-climatic.

Maybe I don't know what I'm talking about (not taking that from you personally brother), but I'm standing by my take.

Got into this argument with you last year. I think it was you. So when NFL Channel ran the game again a few months back, I DVRd it and watched specifically their matchup.

I agree Norman got the first hit in, but Beckham pretty much lost his ###### after that. You talk of the two TDs he could've had, he choked by dropping that first one. After that, Norman ate him alive.

Carolina was up 35-0 before Beckham even got himself back in the game, in fact I'm not sure he even had a catch up till then. HE let his team down. Though I did love that strut he did on Norman after he pushed off to get the TD. CLASSIC moment lol. I'm wondering if their matchup will be anti-climatic.

Maybe I don't know what I'm talking about (not taking that from you personally brother), but I'm standing by my take.

I'm not denying OBJ didn't lose his shlt. I just think the role the entire Carolina defense played, combined with OBJS own teammates not sticking up for him were large factors as to why OBJ really went off the deep end.

I am really disappointed in him this year and yes Norman took a little of his manhood away last year, but did he not finish with like 83 yards and a TD last year? I would take that as a win for my team tomorrow.

I agree Norman got the first hit in, but Beckham pretty much lost his ###### after that. You talk of the two TDs he could've had, he choked by dropping that first one. After that, Norman ate him alive.

Mike & Mike were talking about it this morning with Joey Galloway. OBJ went for 7/76/1 TD in their last outing. FF perspective that's a decent day, particularly PPR. From a real-play perspective, I agree with you completely. Norman took him out of the game to the point where the stats in the end didn't even matter.

On another note, Norman gets away with a LOT, he's just a lot more clever with it. Guy tugs a jersey every play, grabs every play, is allowed to be way more physical than lots of other guys. Not saying I mind it, if you can get away with it why not do it.

I also didn't realize every drop was a player getting into another players head. I just thought not every player can catch every catchable ball. So Mike Evans had someone get in his head 10% of the time last year. That's scary.

I also didn't realize every drop was a player getting into another players head. I just thought not every player can catch every catchable ball. So Mike Evans had someone get in his head 10% of the time last year. That's scary.

JGCrawfish hit it on the head, and I realized right after I'd replied to you. Fantasy-wise he did have a decent game, by OBJ standards. But from that first head-hunting cheap shot Norman was in his head. After that drop, dude it was relentless. The only thing I noticed about his team mates was how much they tried to calm him down. Every ref on that crew should've been fired that day.

As for Norman, I think it's obvious the Panthers miss him.

If he no shows this week and the other guys make plays, its time to downgrade him a bit and chalk it up to more mouths to feed. Instead of it being Obj and some other cuttable bums its shepard and Cruz to take pressure off.

You do realize he missed 4 games two years ago and still finish top 3 wr at end of season.

This is a Retarded POV, that Giants team, opponents, Division, OC, Head Coach, are all variables that are different.

I'd love to get in your League.

And YES he is a BUST for how high people were drafting him.

do people think josh norman playing on the washington redskins is the same josh norman that was playing with the panthers defense last year?

i dont own obj...but i wouldnt be worried about starting him tomorrow

OBJ burned him multiple times....

During that game the Panthers entire defense was trying to intimidate Beckham. From the bats at warm ups to constantly shuving him after plays were dead, anyone would have lost their shlt with what the Panthers were pulling. OBJs teammates were nowhere to be found sticking up for him. I thought it was a shltty display on his teammates part.

Even with OBJ getting frustrated, he still burned Norman and could have had 2 TDs that day. So if you say OBJ had his lunch stolen, you have no clue what you're talking about.

Could have... Norman, while playing dirty himself, definitely succeeded in getting in his head. But I think Beckham learned a lot from that and I'd bet he has a good game this weekend.

But will Norman even cover him the whole game? Because he didn't cover AB or Dez the whole game.

Could have... Norman, while playing dirty himself, definitely succeeded in getting in his head. But I think Beckham learned a lot from that and I'd bet he has a good game this weekend.

But will Norman even cover him the whole game? Because he didn't cover AB or Dez the whole game.

Any person whose teammates didn't have their back would have acted the same. And if you didn't, we'll you weren't meant to play football because you can't hang.

Any person whose teammates didn't have their back would have acted the same. And if you didn't, we'll you weren't meant to play football because you can't hang.

Not really, any real athlete will tell you they'd rather beat them on the scoreboard.

Not really, any real athlete will tell you they'd rather beat them on the scoreboard.

Any athlete, I assume you mean every athlete of all time? Well that's just not true. If you were getting punked on every play, you would just take it? Wow.

i think the difference between this year and last year is sterling shepard and the return of victor cruz. seriously last year there was no one on the giants besides beckam that could catch the ball

Frozen was pointing out his teamates lack of having his back which didn't have anything to do with the scoreboard.

i think the difference between this year and last year is sterling shepard and the return of victor cruz. seriously last year there was no one on the giants besides beckam that could catch the ball

Yeah but the issue with that is, if someone is the only guy who can remotely ball on a team, either he gets shut down by the defense, or he is too good to be stopped. I know what side I'm on with OBJ, and I know it's the right side.

Any athlete, I assume you mean every athlete of all time? Well that's just not true. If you were getting punked on every play, you would just take it? Wow.

Me personally, yes, it would just give me more motivation to "punk" him within the rules.

I'm not an NFL player, but I guarantee there's a good number of them that would do the same thing. I'm sure there are quite a few that would retaliate with some more shoving or something like that. But what Beckham did? I doubt more than 1 or 2 guys if that (not thinking of anyone specifically) would go that far. Which proves that Norman was successful in getting in his head.

Frozen was pointing out his teamates lack of having his back which didn't have anything to do with the scoreboard.

Oh sorry, forgot that the point of NFL games was "having people's back" and not winning the game.

Me personally, yes, it would just give me more motivation to "punk" him within the rules.

I'm not an NFL player, but I guarantee there's a good number of them that would do the same thing. I'm sure there are quite a few that would retaliate with some more shoving or something like that. But what Beckham did? I doubt more than 1 or 2 guys if that (not thinking of anyone specifically) would go that far. Which proves that Norman was successful in getting in his head.

You personally? You aren't an NFL player. So telling us what you would do in that situation is pointless because you are just making it up. You have no clue how you would react. If you honestly believe you know how you would react then you are fooling yourself also.