Sign in to follow this  
Bojangles56

Kenneth Dixon

RB Shenanigans watch. West named starter. Forsett allegedly gonna be inactive? Errr?

Coaches decision to make Forsett inactive today.

I'm rolling with West in one league.

Terrence West is the guy in Baltimore until further notice.

Cause he flashed against the Raiders? I like Dixon to start out as the change of pace guy.. and to grown into an indispensable piece later in the season. I'm holding.. but I have to hold on anything with upside in a 14 team league.

The real issue is that that Ravens line seems all banged up.

Huh. West has yet to be 'the guy until further notice' at any point in his career. Odds are it isn't now. Maybe he's going through is own Awakening. But I'm going to hold off judging until we see West and Dixon in a game. I have Dixon, hoping it's him. But he cost me nothing to get, and I'm not starting him next week either. But West has a short but significant history of letting me and everyone else down.

mmmmkay

Two FYIs of interest here, per Roto:

Coach John Harbaugh indicated the Ravens will continue to ride the hot hand at running back.

Harbaugh didn't commit to Terrance West as the Ravens' starter, but he certainly has the hot hand with 158 yards and a touchdown on 31 carries (5.10 YPC) over the last two games. "If you're playing hard, smart, fundamentally sound, and productive, you'll be out there again," were Harbaugh's words on Monday. Kenneth Dixon (knee) is due back this week, but his role is uncertain. Justin Forsett was eliminated from the backfield rotation in Week 4.

So, bad for Dixon.

Ravens coach John Harbaugh was noncommittal on Justin Forsett's roster spot Monday after he was a healthy scratch in Week 4.

With Kenneth Dixon coming back to work with Terrance West and Buck Allen, Forsett is occupying a roster spot the Ravens could use on a special teamer or someone with more upside. "It's a competitive world that we're in," said Harbaugh. "It's a competitive league and a competitive sport. He knows that, as well as anybody. We just have to see. All of those personnel things are all to be determined. You can't say anything about where anything is going to go. You just don't know. We'll see how it plays out."

So...maybe not so bad for Dixon.

Definitely murky water for at least this week. But I'm holding and hoping (my high school friday night plan).

So does one drop Dwayne Washington, Detroit rb for Dixon? I can also snag Terrence west...would these be good use of roster space?

DWash would be below Dixon and West. He's hurt, and in a committee. Dixon and West are at least healthy. They're in a committee, but really just a committee of two, it seems. Forsette is on his way out the door, and they don't seem to like Allen either. Which one to drop DWash for? That's the tough question. But the Ravens suddenly seem committed to working one back...maybe.

I don't see the comments from the coach is being a worry to Dixon. He didn't name West the ongoing starter. He also made a comment about playing smart football. The knock on West going back is that he makes poor choices and plays wild at times. Of course this can change (see CMIKE) but it also points to an issue that West has shown.

Per Roto:

The Baltimore Sun's Jeff Zrebiec expects Terrance West and Kenneth Dixon to be the Ravens' Nos. 1 and 2 running backs Week 5 against the Redskins.

Dixon is fully expected to make his season debut after missing Weeks 1-4 with a sprained MCL. West will get another week as the bell cow after piling up 113 yards and a touchdown on 21 carries against the Raiders last Sunday. Treat West as an RB2 for the time being, while Dixon is a high-upside, must-own stash. Buck Allen might head back to the inactives list.

Also per Roto:

Ravens RB Kenneth Dixon (knee) is practicing in full for Week 5.

He'll make his debut Sunday against the Redskins. The Ravens are planning to ease Dixon into action, so we wouldn't expect him to play a big role in Week 5. Terrance West will be a great fantasy play this week against Washington's bottom-three run defense.

One more:

Ravens coach John Harbaugh declined to say if Terrance West will be the featured back Sunday.

"I expect to get all the guys as many carries as we can," Harbaugh said. "How it shakes out -- who gets what carries -- is kind of unpredictable." West is expected to start after rushing for 113 yards and a touchdown last week, but it's clear the Ravens want to get Kenneth Dixon involved. Baltimore's lack of commitment to West makes him a high-risk RB2 for Week 5.

It's Dixon or bust, IMO

Lawd, I hope so. I have Dixon coming off our IR and just picked up DWash-Oakland. With Murray likely out, I may be sitting on two valuable backs where I had jack squat before. And I need it.

Hey guys,

Who do you think is more valuable to own- Dixon or Deandre Washington?

I like his possible upside but not sure with that offense. I'm trying to package him with Jarvis Landry in a bid for ODB Jr. and Bilal Powell. I might regret it.. but I think his time might be a bit into the future.

Is anyone actually starting him this week?! I'm so desperate this week I'm debating between him and Jalen Richard.

If those are the choices I'd rather go with Jalen. I like Dixon long term but the floor is sooo low this week. Wouldn't want to risk getting Jamal'ed.

Hey guys,

Who do you think is more valuable to own- Dixon or Deandre Washington?

If I had to choose right now, IDE gamble on deandre as someone needs to take the lead rb position in Oakland. However, after Sunday, we will see where Dixon stands...

I think West is the guy this week. I think he earned this with a good performance last week.

Dixon is back, but I dont know that he is 100%. it would make sense to ramp up his playing time, so having him as a backup this week makes sense anyways.

That being said, I think he(west) has a short leash.

If he (west) has a poor game this week, Dixon will get a larger chunk of the carries going forward. but for now, I think West is the guy.

So they've confirmed Dixon as the backup to West today.

Is anyone taking the chance of playing him? I've got Duke in my flex, that's the only spot I'm getting a little voice saying to take a chance. High winds for that game, terrible run defense on the redskins. It's a little voice, but it's there. Duke is a backup, Dixon is a backup...

Anyone else considering?

So they've confirmed Dixon as the backup to West today.

Is anyone taking the chance of playing him? I've got Duke in my flex, that's the only spot I'm getting a little voice saying to take a chance. High winds for that game, terrible run defense on the redskins. It's a little voice, but it's there. Duke is a backup, Dixon is a backup...

Anyone else considering?

Still too early this week. There are too many unknowns this week with Dixon. He could got 5 carriers. The wind could cause both offenses to be ineffective. Let him sit on your bench and if he blows up you can still smile.

I'm forced to play him or I can drop him for Rodgers for the bucs... that's my option due to byes... I don't want to drop him

Tough call...guess it depends on if you feel you need the points as Rodgers is going to get his share of touches

I'd go Rodgers, especially if PPPR.

Well of course I would too.. but Rodgers is a 1 week plug play where Dixon has season long implications

No doubt, Dixon far exceeds Rodgers ROS. That is a given. As I see it, Rodgers only seems to have value this week and this week only.

I'm forced to play him or I can drop him for Rodgers for the bucs... that's my option due to byes... I don't want to drop him

There is no other player below Dixon on your bench? Depending in your record and how close the matchup looks I always put the emphasis on the win and making the playoffs.

Well of course I would too.. but Rodgers is a 1 week plug play where Dixon has season long implications

I think you just solved your dilemma

There is no other player below Dixon on your bench? Depending in your record and how close the matchup looks I always put the emphasis on the win and making the playoffs.

I literally have nobody... all on bye and Martin out

I'm already a 10 point underdog this week.. thinking take it on the chin hope for the best and hope Dixon is the man going forward

Sat Dixon for Duke Johnson today ... and sadly it was the right call. I think I have to keep Dixon at least another week or two, but it is starting to looks like West's job to lose.

Another week of waiting for the GOAT to show up, to pass the journeyman West.

Another week of waiting for the GOAT to show up, to pass the journeyman West.

West is running strong. It might be a few weeks until Dixon can wrestle away the job. Maybe he never does. I will gladly keep him at the end of my bench waiting.

If I had a league with a big enough bench, I'd keep him too. In two leagues with deeper benches, I have D Lewis in one and Ivory/Ware in the other.

West is running strong. It might be a few weeks until Dixon can wrestle away the job. Maybe he never does. I will gladly keep him at the end of my bench waiting.

Same here.

mmmmkay

Yes, kay. But mmmkay you are wrong. A lot.

Huh. West has yet to be 'the guy until further notice' at any point in his career. Odds are it isn't now. Maybe he's going through is own Awakening. But I'm going to hold off judging until we see West and Dixon in a game. I have Dixon, hoping it's him. But he cost me nothing to get, and I'm not starting him next week either. But West has a short but significant history of letting me and everyone else down.

The odds came in. Until further notice.