Sign in to follow this  
Mr Neil

The return of Antone Smith

Dart throw. Not a terrible one. He's got opportunity but not a ton of talent. (I mean overall...if he had a ton of talent across the board, mental and physical, he wouldn't be out there to be signed.)

If you have room on your bench, yes...stash smith.

As time keeps on slipping into the future, I can't shake the feeling that I need to assume that Doug is basically done for the year. It's super lame that he got hurt in week 2 and it's gonna be week 9 or 10 before we see him again at the best. One one hand, I want to trade for him just in-case. On the other...I smell a rat. No practice. No news. No real commentary. Is there anything to cling to besides the schedule?

• Like 1

Antone Smith has averaged 9.1 YPC over his career and 15.7 YPR. He's now on the wrong side of thirty and the NFL is enamored with finding the next greatest thing so I would likely chalk up his lack of interest to age, money, and the fact that there's an off chance of an Arian Foster / Priest Holmes / Fred Jackson somewhere out there that you won't be able to commit to if this dude is taking up a roster spot. Plus the Falcons' coaching staff are the same geniuses that kept trotting out Steven Jackson's corpse Freeman's rookie year only to have the dude kill it last year - I'm picking him up and starting him he's a big play waiting to happen and with the way RB is turning out this year you can't ask for too much more.

I seem to think they go Smith. I am just basing it on past big plays.

The biggest crime ever in the NFL was the absolute under usage of Smith. I as a football fan want to see incredibly athletic and football smart humans do ridiculous things. Antone Smith is a walking video game, or at least was, but for some reason his team would rather just waste carry after carry on mediocre running back talent. They cheated me, as a football fan, along with Atlanta fans and themselves. Why? Why did Antone get such little opportunity? There is no answer besides

Mike Smith is a f*cking moron

The biggest crime ever in the NFL was the absolute under usage of Smith. I as a football fan want to see incredibly athletic and football smart humans do ridiculous things. Antone Smith is a walking video game, or at least was, but for some reason his team would rather just waste carry after carry on mediocre running back talent. They cheated me, as a football fan, along with Atlanta fans and themselves. Why? Why did Antone get such little opportunity? There is no answer besides

Exactly which is why I believe after all these injuries and suddenly he has a chance. Pickup of the week!!

Man, I hope you guys are right. I can't even recall seeing Smith or knowing much about him, i'm afraid you guys are on the hyperbole train right now, but we shall see.

Man, I hope you guys are right. I can't even recall seeing Smith or knowing much about him, i'm afraid you guys are on the hyperbole train right now, but we shall see.

Whoa there. I am guaranteeing nothing at this point. Smith is over 30 and relied on all world speed and agility to destroy defenses. Even though he hasn't had milage, his speed has probably naturally dimished a bit.

Whoa there. I am guaranteeing nothing at this point. Smith is over 30 and relied on all world speed and agility to destroy defenses. Even though he hasn't had milage, his speed has probably naturally dimished a bit.

Not hinting that you guaranteed anything, i'm just hoping you guys on the train are right as I took a flyer on him.

I remember this guy. In fact I felt bothered by him not being given a shot at more carries and I used to wonder why. I imagined he wasn't a good practice player or he had some serious personality issues which resulted in him being held back.

Did we ever find out why he was not given the opportunity?

I have D Johnson and Howard and on a bye and Ware hurt. I picked up Barber and Smith and Prosise in a desperate move to cover two RB slots. I'm leaning toward Barber and Smith and hoping one goes off since Prosise is a 3rd down guy only. Watch them both suck donkey nutz...

Dirk Koetter got some great mileage out of J Rodgers. They will run or pass to Smith out in space and see if he can break one. Fresh legs on a Thurs nite game. Flexing him in one league.

I'm starting Smith out of desperation this week. Hopefully they give him the Quiz treatment and just ride him until the wheels fall off. I mean let's be real, Quiz is a below replacement value talent. He just got a ton of work.

I actually think it will be a peyton barber night.....The takeover begins tonight

Smith in 6+ years was never deemed good enough to get more than 4 carries per game, even when injuries presented an opportunity. His only worth is possibly breaking a long TD, however he only did this when he was in as a brief change of pace. When DT's have been ready for him he did squat.

Fantasy analyst are pointing to his snaps last week, but with all the snaps he barely got the ball.

Barber is the man this week. Of course this analysis is from an owner who picked up Don Jackson a few weeks back.

Smith in 6+ years was never deemed good enough to get more than 4 carries per game, even when injuries presented an opportunity. His only worth is possibly breaking a long TD, however he only did this when he was in as a brief change of pace. When DT's have been ready for him he did squat.

Fantasy analyst are pointing to his snaps last week, but with all the snaps he barely got the ball.

Barber is the man this week. Of course this analysis is from an owner who picked up Don Jackson a few weeks back.

Smith never EVER got an opportunity to be a significant part of an offense. And if you had actually seen Smith fly around a field on his long tds you would see why he did have legit talent. So come back when you actually watch him play.

i've watched smith flash the athleticism and i still think barber is a fine play tonight.

honestly, it has less to do with their individual talent levels and more to do with the similarity of their situation to that in MIN with mckinnon and asiata. smith strikes me as the dude who'll get a majority of the work but goal line situations will go to barber who is the better interior runner. if you want the safe, higher floor pick, go for smith and the yards, receptions if you're in PPR and the off chance he breaks one and takes it to the house. if you want the riskier but potentially huge day when big passes/penalties/etc. drops TB in goal-to-go situations, dial up barber

(of course this analysis comes from an owner who picked up barber out of desperation due to the ruthless cruelty of the FF gods smh)

Not that it has any bearing on his performance, but I'm really rooting for Barber. He left Auburn early to help his mother. But I'm also biased, as an Auburn graduate.

Fun fact: he's Marion Barber's cousin.

If bucs go down early it's gonna be a lot of screens and passes then Antwone Fisher is gonna get all that

Gl anyone rolling with either. Game doesn't strike me as a run heavy game.

Yeah, I'm a little nervous about that. But hopefully, Barber gets a few goal line carries at the very least.

My other options are McCoy and Ware.

But they're both iffy. I kinda think/hope the Bills bench McCoy until after the bye week. And Ware is on concussion protocol.

If one of them starts, I can plug them in at flex. If both start, then it might be a bad decision.

That's what I don't like about Thursday night games.

i find it pretty sad that i'm dependent on f'd up situations like this. D. Martin > C. Sims > J. Rodgers > P. Barber > A. Smith. Pinning hopes on the 4th/5th string RB. :wall:

I'm going with Smith...hoping for 4-6 catches as I'm in a desperate spot due to bye weeks.

If Smith can get 4-6 catches he should be good for about 220 yards and 3 TDs!

If Smith can get 4-6 catches he should be good for about 220 yards and 3 TDs!

I would take that I guess...they are lining him up at WR some & already attempted a deep ball to him.

Returns over.....out for the season.

that was quick, I plugged him in last night and got 4 points out of him :banana:

lost for the season smh

somebody needs to investigate the RB's coach and their strength and conditioning staff because WHOA NELLY