Sign in to follow this  
webbah

UPDATE: Eddie Lacy headed to IR - Ankle Surgery

a couple = 2

a few = 3-4

several = 5-7

Your forgot...

IR = 8-forever

We won't know until word cones from Dr Andrews. I think he generally is a 2nd and final opinion if you don't like the first opinion. I don't know that Davis or Starks offer much upside. I'd be trying to package and sell Lacy to a team looking toward the playoffs.

yeah, Several generally means 4 or more.

with 4 weeks likely being the best case scenario.

So much for the CONTRACT YEAR!! hype :cry:

Yep. Didn't buy into it myself. Lacy is being reported to be back up to 260. He can't keep his weight down. The knock on him out of college was that he had foot or ankle issues that might limit his career. I don't think he is going to see much interest at all. If he couldnt get into shape for a contract year how can you expect him to do it once he gets paid.

Don't forget that even if he comes back in "several weeks", he'll also need about another 2 weeks to lose the additional 20 pounds he's in the process of gaining resting his ankle. Sorry couldn't resist but this guy has been just downright frustrating the last few years and was a DND for me before the season.

he was terrible as fantasy rb when he was healthy.. he is basically worthless, dropped him last night

I don't know how smart that was. Obviously he's frustrating, hurt and literally useless (so we think) for a handful of weeks it seems.. but you likely could had traded him off for some value. There are 10 weeks left in the redraft season including the playoffs. He could be a decent RB2 for some other team in the playoffs. His ypc was actually very good. I blame Mccarthy for his misuse.

Disclaimer.. I own and drafted him.. and while there is no love lost at this point.. i'm holding until we get some further news.

Your forgot...

IR = 8-forever

We won't know until word cones from Dr Andrews. I think he generally is a 2nd and final opinion if you don't like the first opinion. I don't know that Davis or Starks offer much upside. I'd be trying to package and sell Lacy to a team looking toward the playoffs.

I am going with forever as well.

Just dropped Ty M for Don. Who knows, have Ty in another league, trying to diversify and hopefully land the guy that sticks the rest of the way.

We'll see

drop Derrick Henry or Gillesslie for Don Jackson?

I don't know about that. I don't talk down on UFDAs (Rawls) but we haven't seen anything to make it seem like he will be THE guy and Starks will be back. The two you mentioned could help win a league. Not DonJack.

Headed to IR. Knile or Starks for the stretch?

The Don. Starks is hurt and stinks. He should retire. Knile will need 8 weeks to learn the offense.

If you want to win this week, you pick up Ty Mont and roll him. Dual threat. Talented. Knows the offense.

Rest of season: Don Jackson will be the feature back for at least the next 4 weeks. He's the one to pick up now. They will want to move Ty Montg back to WR soon, and Lacey is going to IR, and Starks is out 4 more weeks or more. DonJack will have every opportunity to establish himself. Knile Davis is worth an add, too. He'll likely be sprinkled in once he learns the playbook. He could steal the job from DonJack, but I doubt it. In the GB offense, you don't have to be great. You have to be good enough to keep your job. Because they are a hurry up offense, they don't move RBs in and out as much. So DonJack has the upside right now to steal the job.

• Like 2

I dropped lacy for Gillesslie. Seeing the way the packers used lacy I don't expect any of their rbs to average more than 7pts a game.

man I'd love to pick him up but we can only have 6 backs on our roster, currently have Miller, Charles, Ware, James White, Derrick Henry, and Gilleslie, would have to drop Henry or Gillesslie

Now the only challenge is staying away from him next year when he is named the starter for some other team.

man I'd love to pick him up but we can only have 6 backs on our roster, currently have Miller, Charles, Ware, James White, Derrick Henry, and Gilleslie, would have to drop Henry or Gillesslie

Do you honestly think Henry would get picked up though? He's not doing anything right now so nobody is going to be eager to claim him and actually start him, and with your league capping you at 6 RBs per team, guys are going to be limited on the number of stashes that have low short term upside like him.

You could pick Jackson up tonight and drop henry, and if Jackson does good, keep him. If he doesn't, Henry is back available to pick back up in a few days again. If you know the tendencies of the guys in your league and how they value handcuffs, you should have a pretty good idea whether anyone would feel they have to have him.

That's my thoughts.

Man, can you imagine how big he will be while he rests ups.

that P90X must not work, dude did not get smaller

Dion Lewis or Don Jackson going forward? Lewis feels like a lotto ticket and that's who I'd have to drop to roster what I deem a weak running game in GB anyway.

Man, can you imagine how big he will be while he rests ups.

that P90X must not work, dude did not get smaller

I did one summer of P90X, leaned up but gained overall weight from adding muscle mass. That's a common outcome. It's a weight training program.