Sign in to follow this  
Challenger

Rob Gronkowski Back Surgery - IR

Pats will just have to wait until they get to the Super Bowl to get Gronk back. Oh well. Come on Black Unicorn!!!

Lots. He's the 'matchup problem' type of player the Pats love to casually unleash on folks. And Bennett is doing his thing: playing ineffectively while being hurt.

Hard to draft Gronk in the 1st round for this reason. I won't pay that price. He's so tall and can take bad hits everywhere with how he runs after the catch so hard.

Such a tough break for the Patriots and fantasy owners of Gronk. Gronk is definitely one of the biggest mismatch creators in the NFL, so this definitely takes away a great asset New England had.

Time for M. Bennett to step up!

Also, look into Vernon Davis and C.J. Fiedorowicz if you were a Gronk owner as a replacement.

Tough break for Gronk .

Sorry to hear about this type of news.

Fantasy football owners, and the vaginas of his groupies everywhere, weep for the loss of the Gronk.

• Like 1

Fire up the Bennett Train!! Chooooo Chooooooo!

Maybe one of those toy model trains. Didnt he let people down big time last few weeks?

Maybe one of those toy model trains. Didnt he let people down big time last few weeks?

Not really his fault. They haven't gameplanned him as a pass catcher some weeks. His role needs to change now but I need to see it first.

I want to pick up Bennett but does this really help him?

Cue the proverbial "I wish Bennett was available in my league." He is the starting TE for the Patriots and as hard as TEs are to trust it makes him a top 10 play at the position.

You would think that he would be a top ten te .

Edelman is Brady's 2nd best bestie next to Gronk. Time to fire him back up.

I'm gonna play Bennet in my flex over either J Hill or Starks I think

I'd go Hill and I own Bennett.

How much do you think this helps Malcolm Mitchell?

Hopefully a lot! I picked him up yesterday after waivers cleared to see his if his usage increased based on his last two games. This Gronk news definitely helps as far as opening up extra snaps and targets for him. You'd think he'd be the guy Brady starts to eye in the RZ as well now. I could see Bennett, Edeleman and Hogan being the yardage guys and Mitchell being the TD guy.

Hasn't Bennett been playing injured, though? (and isn't he still?)