Sign in to follow this  
edjr

Several teams preparing to make Patriots a blockbuster offer for Jimmy Garoppolo

They could keep him as a backup for another championship year as insurance for Brady.

everyone gets all caught up in Jimmy g. The fact is he is expendable because of what brissett showed. If Brady is hurt they need to be a different team and he brings that.

I thought Brisset was abysmal. I think the Pats are just talking him up to portray more of a position of power in these trade negotiations.

They could keep him as a backup for another championship year as insurance for Brady.

That's just what the Pats will do if they do not receiver the proper offer for Jimmy. But a top 3 pick for a guy leaving anyway, that seems like the best they can do for a win now approach. I really think it's a win win for both teams whoever the 2nd may be.

That's just what the Pats will do if they do not receiver the proper offer for Jimmy. But a top 3 pick for a guy leaving anyway, that seems like the best they can do for a win now approach. I really think it's a win win for both teams whoever the 2nd may be.

They are not getting a top 3 pick for Janine.

Jimmy bucks that trend.

Based on 2 games, he bucks the trend? ...No, you're hoping like hell he bucks it.

And 50% is still way higher a percentage than all the other rounds.

I think the Bears will give it. If not then they probably get 1.12 from the Browns.

I will be stunned if da Bears give up such a high pick. 1.12 maybe because Browns.

Keep Jimmy next year. Trade or cut Brady at the end of next year, and give Jimmy the all the monies. Seems like the obvious move.

Based on 2 games, he bucks the trend? ...No, you're hoping like hell he bucks it.

And 50% is still way higher a percentage than all the other rounds.

Come on bud, don't be so dense. Based off of the two games PLUS his college career (which I have already pointed out a few times), which I thought showed he had real potential. I think odds are better than not he is the real deal.

How does anyone else even draft a player and regard a 1st round pick so highly if there is no pro tape on them?

Come on bud, don't be so dense. Based off of the two games PLUS his college career (which I have already pointed out a few times), which I thought showed he had real potential. I think odds are better than not he is the real deal.

How does anyone else even draft a player and regard a 1st round pick so highly if there is no pro tape on them?

college career? Edjr posted a list of first round quarterback picks. All were superstars in college.

Let's just take Cleveland's 2nd rounder this year and next year. Call it a day.

is definitely one franchise you guys could take for a ride with Garoppolo. They make one franchise-crippling quarterback mistake per year. This one is setting up perfectly

college career? Edjr posted a list of first round quarterback picks. All were superstars in college.

Just because a college qb puts up good numbers it doesn't mean he is good for the pros. I wasn't hands down sure Garoppolo would translate to a good qb, but after watching his 2 games I think he is.

Just because a college qb puts up good numbers it doesn't mean he is good for the pros. I wasn't hands down sure Garoppolo would translate to a good qb, but after watching his 2 games I think he is.

That system creates illusions. As we've seen many times in the past.

Unlike the Eagles system, which creates aneurysms.

Cleveland's second rounder would absolutely be worth Garrapolo - that would actually be a great trade for the Browns.

Cleveland's second rounder would absolutely be worth Garrapolo - that would actually be a great trade for the Browns.

Just one second rounder, yes

Saying a patriots backup is automatically a bust is lazy. Just like saying players from x school are busts. Gotta evaluate the player.

I'd give a second for jimmy. Low first maybe. Top half of the round is too rich.

Maybe, I'm not sure. I read somewhere that Kyle Shanahan liked Carr and Garapolo better than any of the QBs in that draft class, which was part of the reason he left the Browns. Some scouts were very high on him.

And that is why you are an orange purchasing guy and not an NFL GM. That and a slew of other reasons.

Philly's losing ways are rubbing off on you.

And that is why you are an orange purchasing guy and not an NFL GM. That and a slew of other reasons.

Philly's losing ways are rubbing off on you.

Lol a Pats fan insulted because I don't think their two-game starter is an elite QB. Pansy, I don't think NFL GMs read this board. You can relax. I already said that QB desperation is a real thing and someone is likely to overpay. Despite the fact that Belichick obviously doesn't think he's good enough to be Brady's successor.

Jimmy Garoppolo will have a better career than Wentz

Lol a Pats fan insulted because I don't think their two-game starter is an elite QB. Pansy, I don't think NFL GMs read this board. You can relax. I already said that QB desperation is a real thing and someone is likely to overpay. Despite the fact that Belichick obviously doesn't think he's good enough to be Brady's successor.

He probably does think he can be Brady's successor. BB probably figures Brady will play another 5 years and he can't have Jimmy G taking up starter cap money as a backup for 4 years. The cap is what most teams don't know how to manage.

Brissette has more rings than every Eagles QB - ever. :)

according to Bomani Jones, we are racist

We'd never allow a black QB to play

If have to see what teams are offering to know her her it's worth it. But the way I look at it is this:

If Garrapolo were a rookie this year is it reasonable to assume he would get drafted in the 2nd round based on his physical skills and college pedigree? If so he should be worth more since you're getting that player plus two years of elite coaching and limited pro game experience (preseason and his two starts). I would say his value is now a mid / late first, maybe toss in a mid round pick to sweeten the pot.

Your argument may be that cast off QBs tend to bust. The bust rate at the back end of the draft is pretty high anyway and Garrapolo is probably less risky than any QB available in that range.

This only makes sense for a team that is otherwise pretty good btw.

(if I were clev.) I'd offer a 2nd this year, and a conditional (protected) pick in 2018............ 2 straight up 2nds - no thanks.

Wentz? He sucks.

Haven't heard one expert that agrees with you, but you're too busy whacking off over two-start Jimmy to notice anything else. :splurt splurt splurt:

Haven't heard one expert that agrees with you, but you're too busy whacking off over two-start Jimmy to notice anything else. :splurt splurt splurt:

big year for him this year. will tell a lot

big year for him this year. will tell a lot

Depends on the offseason Philly has. If he still has below average backs, bottom tier receivers, and an average line, I'll be happy for even a little progress.

big years for him this year. will tell a lot

He regressed as the year went on. I chalk that up to hitting the rookie wall and the fact that the OL was in flux (losing Lane Johnson hurt bad) and the Eagles had no running game or receiving weapons. Most weeks Wentz looked like the best player on O. You never want to say that about a rookie.

His poise and athleticism really leap out at you watching the games. I think Wentz has a chance to be a really good one.

He regressed as the year went on. I chalk that up to hitting the rookie wall and the fact that the OL was in flux (losing Lane Johnson hurt bad) and the Eagles had no running game or receiving weapons. Most weeks Wentz looked like the best player on O. You never want to say that about a rookie.

MDC - one of the few here that tells it like it is. :thumbsup:

That's more reasonable and fair than a first rounder for 2 pump - Jimmy

His poise and athleticism really leap out at you watching the games. I think Wentz has a chance to be a really good one.

Never mind that insane hitch in his throw. I am just trying to let you Eagles fans down easy before it's year 4 and you are pulling your hair out because Wentz is your qb

Never mind that insane hitch in his throw. I am just trying to let you Eagles fans down easy before it's year 4 and you are pulling your hair out because Wentz is your qb

But you want to sell the farm for a guy who played two games and got injured. :doh: