Sign in to follow this  
edjr

Several teams preparing to make Patriots a blockbuster offer for Jimmy Garoppolo

NE is selling - trying to pull the wool over someone's eye.. Apparently your eyes are all they've gotten so far.. And no harm in keeping him - he's cheap and is a viable backup... Hell, even Bradford got a first - tells you what the scouts think of Jimmy Gee.

Bradford got a 1st and a 4th with a big contract and not a good track record. Didn't work out well, but it does set the market when the draft QB class sucks.

I think Pats keep Jimmy and he is our starting QB in 2019.

They've a proven track record of besting damn near every team they've dealt with. It would be stupid to not heed with caution. Especially with a qb with all of 2 games under his belt.

Of course you should be cautious. It doesn't mean they are infallible. If they were infallible they wouldn't draft a lot of players who don't work out themselves.

I expected more out of you. Feeble attempt, but I see age is taking its toll.

I never said move out of Boston because that was not a factor since I was born (maybe you are ancient).

I have been a Pats season ticket holder since '94. I have sat in all of those seats and went to games before that when I was a kid who couldn't afford season tickets . How about you, old man?

My first game in Foxboro was December of 1990 and I sat on a freezing cold metal bleacher. Had a blast. Love the NE sports fan. At least I did. They have gotten very touchy as of late. Gonna hit Fenway this summer, haven't been in a while.

Of course you should be cautious. It doesn't mean they are infallible. If they were infallible they wouldn't draft a lot of players who don't work out themselves.

It's still only March.. I think by the time camps start - somebody will end up giving what Bill what he wants and he gets dealt. Lots of post-June 1st stuff to shake out too - could have impacts.

My first pats game was watching them lose something like 45-3 to the bears in the super bowl on tv after the 1985 season. Or was it 55-3? I was only 7. Been a fan of those lovable scamps ever since.

It's still only March.. I think by the time camps start - somebody will end up giving what Bill what he wants and he gets dealt. Lots of post-June 1st stuff to shake out too - could have impacts.

The guy to me to watch for is AJ McCarron. If I'm the Bengals, I'm asking for a 2nd from one of these bad teams.

Undermine the Pats and come up with a pick for a backup. While unlikely, it's not outside of the realm of possibility that one of these qb hungry teams wouldn't pull the trigger

If they somehow got a 2nd for AJ mccarron, the NFL should drop whatever they're doing and give whomever is running the bengals GM of the year.

• Like 1

I think that you underestimate Brady. LR (Bob Kraft) is connected to Brady. As much as BB is the architect, Brady is Patriots now. We keep him until he is done.

The wins and losses may suffer, but our loyalty is true here. Bird is still revered. Orr. Russell.

There was an element of sarcasm there. Point being, Bill is always open for deals if the price is right. Tom may be the one exception, granted.

Yes. That's why I am better at this than you. Because I don't go by "experts" who actually aren't experts at all on player evaluation. The ex football players know more about the x's and o's. Player evaluation? If these people are experts why did they tell everyone that Blake Bortles and Blaine Gabbert were franchise qbs? How are experts only right 50% of the time?

You like to lemming your way through football. That's cool. So do most of the anaylists out there. It just means you will be wrong as often as the masses are.

If the experts were right 50% of the time, that would be outstanding. Scouting isn't a binary outcome, good or bad.

Pats win either way.

If they trade him, they get a king's ransom

If they don't, he's the next great QB and NE is set for another 15 years.

Pats win either way.

If they trade him, they get a king's ransom

If they don't, he's the next great QB and NE is set for another 15 years.

this

They should definitely trade Jimmy

Signed,

Brady and Jimmy dynasty owner

Signed,

I have Jimmy in dynasty. I'd prefer he stay with new england and start in 2018.

If he gets traded, it will almost assuredly be to some shít bag team that will kill his fantasy value. I mean it's not like he's going to cleveland or SF and doing jackshít.

Signed,

Think it through. You aren't starting Garoppolo over Brady and when Brady retires you want Garoppolo with NE.

Unless you start 2 QBs or you are talking about 2 leagues.

Think it through. You aren't starting Garoppolo over Brady and when Brady retires you want Garoppolo with NE.

Unless you start 2 QBs or you are talking about 2 leagues.

yeah just kidding around I don't really care. That said id be surprised... Doesn't seem the NE way to trade in the spotlight. When they do it seems to come out of left field but who knows?

Patriots will still trade Jimmy Garoppolo if the offer is right, source says

INDIANAPOLIS - The Patriots will still trade Jimmy Garoppolo if the offer is right, a league source told cleveland.com.
"Everything is still on the table,'' the source said.
On Wednesday, ESPN's Adam Schefter reported that the Patriots will not trade their backup quarterback, and that it wasn't a tactic to get teams to up the ante.
"They love Jimmy Garoppolo,'' Schefter said on SportsCenter. "They're holding onto Jimmy Garoppolo. They view him as somebody they want around. They know the value of quarterbacks and they're not in the market of getting rid of 25-year-old quarterbacks even if they have a year left on their contract. Jimmy Garoppolo is not going to be traded.''
Bill Belichick's close friend and associate Mike Lombardi, the former Browns general manager, also tweeted, "this is not about increasing his value, this is the player being good, really good.''
But the source insists coach Bill Belichick will part with Garoppolo if the compensation is right. One preliminary "offer" has already been floated and another is expected to come soon from a second team.
Nothing is expected to happen at the NFL Combine, although some discussions might take place. The Patriots will likely want a first-round pick and more.
The Browns and 49ers are two teams interested, and the Bears could be too. Those teams have the first three picks, respectively. The Browns also have the No. 12. Garoppolo will be a free agent after next season, and the Patriots would likely have to franchise him at more than $22 million for 2018 to keep him -- as Tom Brady's backup.
If the Browns can't land Garoppolo, they'll see if Bills quarterback Tyrod Taylor becomes a free agent on March 11. If those two options fall through, they'll likely make an offer for Bengals backup AJ McCarron, who wants to be traded and would love to be reunited with Hue Jackson, who coached him in Cincinnati.
The Bengals would likely want at least a second-round pick, one source said, and wouldn't rule out trading within the division.
"We'll listen to whatever anyone is thinking,'' said Bengals director of personnel Duke Tobin. "We're not actively looking to diminish our football team by trading AJ McCarron and that diminishes our football team. It has to be something we feel is valuable enough to warrant doing that. What it is, I don't know. Who it is to, I don't know.
"It's not ideal to trade guys within your division, particularly at that position. But we listen and if something comes up we'll certainly announce it to all you guys.''
The Browns are also seriously considering North Carolina's Mitch Trubisky with the No. 1 pick, and are interested in Deshaun Watson.
Coach Hue Jackson stressed Thursday that the club is doing everything possible to find a winning quarterback.

This BS of they are for sure trading him or for sure aren't, it's all pointless. They will of the price is right period. They won't if the offers aren't enough. That's it.

Patriots are now asking for TWO 1st round picks

Patriots are now asking for TWO 1st round picks

I'd say there isn't a team stupid enuff to actually give this.............. But there are - so it wouldn't shock me.

This BS of they are for sure trading him or for sure aren't, it's all pointless. They will of the price is right period. They won't if the offers aren't enough. That's it.

i agree with you but i think that sort of goes without saying.

my take on people say "for sure" is that there are people who believe a team will "for sure" offer more than the right price to New England.

I'd say there isn't a team stupid enuff to actually give this.............. But there are - so it wouldn't shock me.

No. They overplayed their hand. Cleveland was probably dumb enough to give up a 1st this year and a 2nd next. But even that ragtag organization isn't giving up two firsts for a guy who played two games and got injured in one of them.

No. They overplayed their hand. Cleveland was probably dumb enough to give up a 1st this year and a 2nd next. But even that ragtag organization isn't giving up two firsts for a guy who played two games and got injured in one of them.

I think the #12 pick is in hand, and they are seeing what else they can squeeze

maybe the 12 and the 33

I think the #12 pick is in hand, and they are seeing what else they can squeeze

maybe the 12 and the 33

That would be truly incredible... And I think BB would laugh himself to sleep for a month.

Teams are drooling over Mike Glennon,,, there will be a bidding war for this guy who has played about 18 games with a QBR less than 60... just enough to prove that he's not the answer for anyone long term, he's a "bridge starter" at best.

Jimmy G will demand a ransom... a 2nd rounder who proved he can play at a high level and may or may not be injury prone... at the very least, there's HOPE for some team that he could be the answer... and if you don't have an answer at QB in the NFL, you shouldn't even bother showing up on Sunday b/c you can't win.

Teams are drooling over Mike Glennon,,, there will be a bidding war for this guy who has played about 18 games with a QBR less than 60... just enough to prove that he's not the answer for anyone long term, he's a "bridge starter" at best.

Jimmy G will demand a ransom... a 2nd rounder who proved he can play at a high level and may or may not be injury prone... at the very least, there's HOPE for some team that he could be the answer... and if you don't have an answer at QB in the NFL, you shouldn't even bother showing up on Sunday b/c you can't win.

Da Browns want Jimmy bad

Da Browns want Jimmy bad

Just the fact he was trained in a winning environment has to be a factor as well.

There are some here who think he's worth a #1 - that's what I don't understand.

Looks like the wave of 1st Round offers dried up.

Meh, I'm good with the second round pick. Pretty obvious at this point that a 1st was never on the table.

Meh, I'm good with the second round pick. Pretty obvious at this point that a 1st was never on the table.

Id bet anything that the patriots are the ones who leaked the nonexistent blockbuster offers, just to try to drive the price up.

They play chess while the rest play checkers.