Sign in to follow this  
Hardcore troubadour

NFL Free Agency

Still some good backs out there that could be depended on.

Blount, Rashad Jennings. Wouldn't mind James STarks back either.

Jennings? He has zero play making ability. He is one of the least efficient rbs I can remember. There are guys sitting as the 3rd string and UDFA who don't get picked up each year who would be better than Jennings. Why he gets a pass for being HORRIBLE I don't get.

The longer AP is out there, the more tempted Jerruh will get. Here's hoping.

Before Elliot led the league in rushing yes. Now it's AP who?

Before Elliot led the league in rushing yes. Now it's AP who?

It's a long shot, but the dysfunction that would accompany it would be awesome.

Jennings? He has zero play making ability. He is one of the least efficient rbs I can remember. There are guys sitting as the 3rd string and UDFA who don't get picked up each year who would be better than Jennings. Why he gets a pass for being HORRIBLE I don't get.

I think Jennings has been servicable. But he is turning 32 so probably better options out there.

Lacy showed up at 267 LB's... Why would anybody sign that dude?

Still enamored with college tape. Took the league a while to give up on Richardson too.

Whoever signs Burkhead and uses him in a 2 back system, is going to be the big RB winner

I have been holding him in dynasty hoping he ends up in a Woodhead role. I think Burkhead could be just as good. There are only a few teams who use that type of back right though.... It's kind of like the Seahawks trading for Jimmy Graham and his $10 million/year contract, and then they barely even use him in the pass game. Plus they expect him to block. Part of the reason why I believe Darrel Bevel is a complete moron.

I have been holding him in dynasty hoping he ends up in a Woodhead role. I think Burkhead could be just as good. There are only a few teams who use that type of back right though.... It's kind of like the Seahawks trading for Jimmy Graham and his $10 million/year contract, and then they barely even use him in the pass game. Plus they expect him to block. Part of the reason why I believe Darrel Bevel is a complete moron.

me too, and quite frankly, I think a perfect landing spot would be the Chargers, especially with Lynn running the show, he could get a nice 5-8 carries and 4-5 catches a game as the 3rd down back and RB2

Lacy has skill and he is a good teamate as far as in season. But he has let his teamates down and just been wildly lazy with his conditioning. Which is a shame because at 235-240 he is a very skilled big back.

me too, and quite frankly, I think a perfect landing spot would be the Chargers, especially with Lynn running the show, he could get a nice 5-8 carries and 4-5 catches a game as the 3rd down back and RB2

That's a good point and prediction

I would be very happy if that happened. Just waltz in and replace Woodhead like he hadn't even left. They did use Woodhead properly and Rivers doesn't mind dumping to his running backs.

Although I lost a game two years ago when I started Woodhead. I had lost it by less than whatever 1 more reception would have been. Rivers rolls out to his right and is scanning down field. No one is open. He looks at Woodhead who is at least 4 yards past the LOS with no one around him. Instead of throwing it to Woodhead he threw it out of bounds. There was no reason to kill the clock. Rivers just wasted 4 yards. I was so pissed. Woodhead didn't catch a pass the rest of the game.

Fock that fat fock.

:lol:

Jesus did he really? Dude needs to get it together. Don't see how you get fat when you're supposed to be working out constantly with the team and personal trainers

He has been rehabbing from a surgery. But 267 is a little much. No need to eat yourself up that far when looking for a job.

I have to say, I'm a very surprised AP is still out there. Any Baltimore homers think he would be a good fit? I thought he would be good there. How about Detroit?

Patriots signed Burkhead. It's getting ridiculous now.

What??? I win!!! He is probably better than White and healthier than Lewis

The Seahawks do need help on their O-line. :dunno:

What??? I win!!! He is probably better than White and healthier than Lewis

I don't know could be a nightmare situation, all 3 backs very similar skill sets, but Burkhead is the biggest and can run between

this also means Brady is going to pass every down

Eddie lacy to the seahawks....interesting

Was hoping he would be back cheap.

Apparently he weighed in at 267? Forget paying him that much at that weight though.

I like the guy and how he runs. But can't stay healthy at that weight...or as effective.

I don't know could be a nightmare situation, all 3 backs very similar skill sets, but Burkhead is the biggest and can run between

this also means Brady is going to pass every down

Are they going to keep all 3?

18 yards, 11 TDs

It is ridiculous. It's why I say most coaches and GMS are idiots. They let the Pats get all these cheap players who work perfect in their system. What did the Bengals do while they had Burkhead? Oh they just kept pushing beyond average Giovanni Bernard and slow as a glacier Jeremy Hill. They were decimated at receiver, so did they use Burkhead to help in the pass game? Of course not. Idiots.

Are they going to keep all 3?

Blount and Bolden are both free agents, and there is speculation the Pats might let both walk. Burkhead is a very good special teamer so he could definitely take Bolden's roll there, and he looks like a better back.

It is ridiculous. It's why I say most coaches and GMS are idiots. They let the Pats get all these cheap players who work perfect in their system. What did the Bengals do while they had Burkhead? Oh they just kept pushing beyond average Giovanni Bernard and slow as a glacier Jeremy Hill. They were decimated at receiver, so did they use Burkhead to help in the pass game? Of course not. Idiots.

Annually mediocre teams annually find ways to be mediocre.

I would like the Giants to kick the tires on Matt Asiata. He's another jack of all trades guy like Burkhead that enough teams don't value enough.

Blount and Bolden are both free agents, and there is speculation the Pats might let both walk. Burkhead is a very good special teamer so he could definitely take Bolden's roll there, and he looks like a better back.

He is being targeted as the Bolden replacement at this point. They still need to get a power back.

Hightower is a key for them to deal with now.

He is being targeted as the Bolden replacement at this point. They still need to get a power back.

Hightower is a key for them to deal with now.

:thumbsup:

The move that's not getting nearly enough play is the Patriots getting Kony Ealy for practically nothing. I don't think the Pats D has been a shut down unit the last few years, but this was a great pick up. Carolina gave him away.

The move that's not getting nearly enough play is the Patriots getting Kony Ealy for practically nothing. I don't think the Pats D has been a shut down unit the last few years, but this was a great pick up. Carolina gave him away.

Yeah it's a great move for the Pats. Their defense was the best points against last year. They killed it in the playoffs

Yeah it's a great move for the Pats. Their defense was the best points against last year. They killed it in the playoffs

Not really. Shutting down the Texans with Brock O at the helm was no great feat. And if the Falcons had just a stupid person instead of a complete Moron calling plays they would have gone over 30.

Not really. Shutting down the Texans with Brock O at the helm was no great feat. And if the Falcons had just a stupid person instead of a complete Moron calling plays they would have gone over 30.

Meant fantasy playoffs

You skipped the Steelers game.

You skipped the Steelers game.

Yeaaaah, I know that. We were talking about the playoffs, plural.

Yeaaaah, I know that. We were talking about the playoffs, plural.

Ahhh. The old, "but other than that, Mrs. Lincoln, how was the theater?"

(FFChamps) Burkhead is coming off of a career year in 2016 in which he accumulated 344 yards and two touchdowns on the ground while catching 17 targets for 145 yards as a receiver. However, he did most of his damage at the end of the campaign due to injuries to Gio Bernard and Jeremy Hill, including an outstanding performance in the season finale in which he totaled 144 yards and a pair of touchdowns on 29 touches against the Ravens. With Burkhead, Dion Lewis and James White under contract for 2017, the former's signing will likely spell the end for LeGarrette Blount's tenure in New England. Blount is currently an unsigned free agent despite scoring 18 touchdowns in 2016.

Analysis: ESPN's Field Yates is reporting the New England Patriots and former Cincinnati Bengals running back Rex Burkhead agreed to terms on an undisclosed deal.