Sign in to follow this  
Hardcore troubadour

NFL Free Agency

I was hoping TP to NYG before They signed BM. TP to Washington sucks for the rest of NFC East.

not really. He's a downgrade from DeSean Jackson, whom they lost. Pryor is a flash in the pan one year Wonder. I was hoping the Eagles would not make a play for him or Stills. I'm thrilled they did neither.

Martellus Bennett to the Pack. Jared Cook is a moron.

No. It is Osweiler, a 2nd and a 6th rounder for a 4th rounder. Even dumber for the Browns and they have to take on that contract. :lol:

This is brilliant! you know nothing John Snow. This is going to work out awesome. Even the dumb critics see what an excellent move this is. Its an NBA style move. Changing the way the NFL works.

1. OT is our biggest need, by far.

2. Pro Bowl caliber player who's been hurt, missed last year but healed 100%

3. He's with his brother, 4 time pro bowl center. Good chemistry on the O Line. Where chemistry, moving on a string is everything.

Love the move.

You won't in a year from now. :lol:

Good signing, Bennett is a big time player an upgrade and Cook was no slouch. Would really like to see TT take a flyer on 1 or 2 DB's or backfield depth/competition. Resigning Lang would be nice too.

and Marty B isn't?

Good signing, Bennett is a big time player an upgrade and Cook was no slouch. Would really like to see TT take a flyer on 1 or 2 DB's or backfield depth/competition. Resigning Lang would be nice too.

Pack do need a D B upgrade, but that's a thin market this year.

Looks like Pats got Cooks from NO for their first rounder

Oh boy. They are going for it.

and Marty B isn't?

Well, Marty signed with A Rodgers, Cook didn't.

This is brilliant! you know nothing John Snow. This is going to work out awesome. Even the dumb critics see what an excellent move this is. Its an NBA style move. Changing the way the NFL works.

Umm. Yeah. The Browns are such a model franchise. Let me know when they win more than 3 games a season.

Pats highway rob the Saints, for the no 32 and 96 pick, and get back the Saints 4th as well

here is a hint

Cooks will be better for the next 3 years than any WR drafted this year

Looks like Pats got Cooks from NO for their first rounder

Focking pats. I thought we had that deal.

And now they'll Fock us over Hightower too.

God damn.

Umm. Yeah. The Browns are such a model franchise. Let me know when they win more than 3 games a season.

They flipped a 4th for a 2nd and got an extra pick for nothing other than absorbing Brock's contract for a year. It cost them nothing but some of the ample cap space they weren't going to use anyway.

What's the downside here?

Dallas re-inks T-Flub Williams.. I'm not crazy about him, but considering what some wrs are getting - 4 years for $17m is a steal.

Dallas re-inks T-Flub Williams.. I'm not crazy about him, but considering what some wrs are getting - 4 years for $17m is a steal.

He comes through from time to time, maybe Dak will push his game. I guess there's at least something to be said for familiarity.

Jesus, NE landed Cooks after all. AFC is a wrap, Tom throwing to a talented Black wr is unfair.

Holy crap, the packers got Bennett which is huge but they offered Jared Cook more and he turned it down! Two things...one, I'm stoked they got Bennett..two, the fact that they even offered that Bum Cook more shows they are clueless. Cool will now make less elsewhere and is a clown. It's like 2 retards fighting, crikey my packers front office is overrated and clueless.

Jesus, NE landed Cooks after all. AFC is a wrap, Tom throwing to a talented Black wr is unfair.

Holy crap, the packers got Bennett which is huge but they offered Jared Cook more and he turned it down! Two things...one, I'm stoked they got Bennett..two, the fact that they even offered that Bum Cook more shows they are clueless. Cool will now make less elsewhere and is a clown. It's like 2 retards fighting, crikey my packers front office is overrated and clueless.

It's about time they got Brady a good, black receiver. He's been having to win Super Bowls with white receivers. Albeit, those white receivers are freaking awesome when Brady is throwing to them. But finally they got a brotha out there that can play. Glad they got a good TE to replace Bennett. Allen and Gronk in the two TE set will be deadly. Add Hogan (who has started playing dam good), Edelman, and the receiving threat of White/Lewis the passing game will be deadly. AP better come to NE if he wants a ring before he has to retire

Hoping they help out with the Oline and the defense though. If Hightower leaves that would hurt and the Pats are going to need people that can put pressure on the QBs. During the first half of the SB they couldn't hardly get back to Ryan. So hopefully they look to help out with that

Pack do need a D B upgrade, but that's a thin market this year.

Claiborne only guy out there worth a contract now and he's been damn inconsistent over his career, though last year was pretty good. Might see if Revis has anything left on a 1 year prove it deal, but he's such a cash first player, that's a big risk and I don't see that being a TT move.

Well, Marty signed with A Rodgers, Cook didn't.

Gotta go with HT here, as the Packers offered Cook more they settled with MB..MB way more a complete player than Cook. I'd be surprised if he ends up matching what MB got, him and agent blew it, IMO.

I may be crazy but I prefer cook to bennett if we take out injury history.

Doug Free retires. Who's going to get away with all those holding calls now?

• Like 1

I may be crazy but I prefer cook to bennett if we take out injury history.

For stretching the field...yes. Consistency and run blocking Bennett is better. Added Kendricks now too.

:lol:

You have no idea of the pain we've endured through the years, crazy how often a big play would get called back.

For stretching the field...yes. Consistency and run blocking Bennett is better. Added Kendricks now too.

Id rather have the guy who can beat safeties and LBers and get down field. It isnt a bulldozing league. Half the snaps are out of the gun and good QBs have to sling it 50 times in the playoffs. We dont run the ball nor should we.

Id rather have the guy who can beat safeties and LBers and get down field. It isnt a bulldozing league. Half the snaps are out of the gun and good QBs have to sling it 50 times in the playoffs. We dont run the ball nor should we.

I think we should more than we do. Slinging it 50 times a game hasn't worked out so well.

I think we should more than we do. Slinging it 50 times a game hasn't worked out so well.

I dont. In fact I get pissed when MM tries to stick with the run just because.

It is the nature of the game these days. When your defense sucks and you have to hang 40 points, and you have a top QB, you have to sling it. Give me 3 downs with the ball in Rodgers hands and much of the time we are picking up 10 yards. Much more so than running it into the ground for 1.5 yards on 1st down.

Cook was the best weapon we had in the playoffs by a wide margin.

I dont. In fact I get pissed when MM tries to stick with the run just because.

It is the nature of the game these days. When your defense sucks and you have to hang 40 points, and you have a top QB, you have to sling it. Give me 3 downs with the ball in Rodgers hands and much of the time we are picking up 10 yards. Much more so than running it into the ground for 1.5 yards on 1st down.

Cook was the best weapon we had in the playoffs by a wide margin.

Problem is, your QB will get killed and miss games if you just sling it every down.

Don't have to have a great run game. But need a competent one. And a good one is a nice thing to have.

• Like 1

Problem is, your QB will get killed and miss games if you just sling it every down.

Don't have to have a great run game. But need a competent one. And a good one is a nice thing to have.

We have a great pass blocking line right now. Ill take my chances with Rodgers.

The last 4 QBs in the dance last year were tom ben ryan and rodgers.

Tom threw it 62 times in the SB win.

Give me the best line best QB and Jim Brown at RB. Sure. But if I have to choose id rather have Rodgers slinging it all game over trying to establish and force a run game that is not there for the sake of talkibg point like "gotta protect your QB"

I like Bennett.

But our WRs have had a hard time getting open. Cook was the 1 guy who could consistantly get away from a defender.

Not saying pay him whatever he wants. Just that in this NFL give me the TE who can split out and get down field over a more complete 275lb 3rd tackle. What TEs go early in draft? Pass catchers. Hardly ever see big blocking TEs go early. Not that Bennett is just a blocking TE. But he is a 7 yard route sort of guy.

They flipped a 4th for a 2nd and got an extra pick for nothing other than absorbing Brock's contract for a year. It cost them nothing but some of the ample cap space they weren't going to use anyway.

What's the downside here?

Exactly. It's a classic NBA trade and dump.

The Browns were 100 million under the cap. Don't forget they have to get to a minimum cap also, or get penalized.

Why over pay players you might not want and actually be stuck with them.

Get the good pick, then flat out dump the guy.

They paid cash for a draft pick essentially.

No downside whatsoever.

Exactly. It's a classic NBA trade and dump.

The Browns were 100 million under the cap. Don't forget they have to get to a minimum cap also, or get penalized.

Why over pay players you might not want and actually be stuck with them.

Get the good pick, then flat out dump the guy.

They paid cash for a draft pick essentially.

No downside whatsoever.

Except for $16m that they have to pay the guy. In Cleveland, that matters.

Still a good move, but there is downside

Lang to the Lions...they have definitely spent to upgrade their Oline. Hate losing him in GB...back to his home town.

Lang to the Lions...they have definitely spent to upgrade their Oline. Hate losing him in GB...back to his home town.

I'm gonna be sick.

Yeah Lang was a quality starter and hate seeing anyone go to the biggest contender in the division. TT seems to value guards but is confident he can replace them in the draft consistently. And really I don't doubt him. Spriggs is very athletic but had a rough rookie year as expected, he came in a bit raw. But I have hope that he will turn out to be a good player either at tackle or guard. He proved me wrong with letting Sitton go and end up with a great pass blocking line this past year. So I won't doubt that they can overcome Lang. I'm sure TT will draft one in the 3rd or 4th round.

Yeah Lang was a quality starter and hate seeing anyone go to the biggest contender in the division. TT seems to value guards but is confident he can replace them in the draft consistently. And really I don't doubt him. Spriggs is very athletic but had a rough rookie year as expected, he came in a bit raw. But I have hope that he will turn out to be a good player either at tackle or guard. He proved me wrong with letting Sitton go and end up with a great pass blocking line this past year. So I won't doubt that they can overcome Lang. I'm sure TT will draft one in the 3rd or 4th round.

I don't think it will be Spriggs. I think he is a tackle...but who knows.

I don't think it will be Spriggs. I think he is a tackle...but who knows.

I think they would like him as a tackle but he played both positions last year and filled in for Lang. Could be working with him to try and play guard for now.

Thank Gawd - we finally rid ourselves of this team's Phil Pozdarec.. He is replaceable - not sure by who, but he is.

Chaz Green was supposed to fill that role - but he's a bust. What a terrible 3rd round pick he was - I was livid even back on that draft night.

• Like 1

Except for $16m that they have to pay the guy. In Cleveland, that matters.

Still a good move, but there is downside

At the start of free agency the Browns had something like $100m in cap space. Paying Brock costs them nothing but $ and nets them a 2nd rounder in a deep draft. I commend their ownership for being willing to buy that pick. There is no downside at all.

At the start of free agency the Browns had something like $100m in cap space. Paying Brock costs them nothing but $ and nets them a 2nd rounder in a deep draft. I commend their ownership for being willing to buy that pick. There is no downside at all.

Again, you missed the point. They need to pay him $16m if they cut him. That is real money. Forget the cap space, the owner has to cut a check for $16m.

As I said, it was a good move, but there is some downside. Now, if they are smart, they figure out how to convert half of that $16m to a bonus to spread out the impact from a cap standpoint and make his contract more palatable to deal him. You may see a team willing to nibble for a $8m QB, but a $16m QB is less attractive.