Sign in to follow this  
Hardcore troubadour

NFL Free Agency

I don't think the defense has anyone of significance over 28 years old. JPP is the old man there, with 6 years in. The Giants couldn't have matched what LA (stupidly) gave him. Will have to get a second tier tackle when the smoke clears. A trade could be made as well, many Joe Thomas rumors over the past year or so.

Kennard is a UFA next year

DRC and Landon Collins UFA's in 2019

going to be too expensive at that point to keep them all and Snacks will be 31 at that point. Marshall 35ish, Eli 38 or 39?

Panthers

Lost Ted Ginn Jr. to Saints. His only years worth a damn were in Carolina. Another player that chooses money over "fit".

Added OT Khalil to team up with his brother. Big time signing.

I hope Panthers sign both ex players Julius Peppers and Captain Munnerlyn tomorrow. Obviously if the price is right for where they are at in their careers. They were fan favorites and it's good to have veteran presence.

Then kill the draft.

No. 8 Pick - Fourenette, J.Allen or Solomon Thomas. Then BPA focusing on WR, OL and DB

if cooks is traded, Ginn will fit right in with Drew Brees throwing him deep balls. Thats his entire game anyway

if cooks is traded, Ginn will fit right in with Drew Brees throwing him deep balls. Thats his entire game anyway

Carson Palmer throws a good ball too. Offensive fit is more than just the QB. Scheme-Chemistry-etc.

You may be right but I've seen this movie before.

• Like 1

Panthers

Lost Ted Ginn Jr. to Saints. His only years worth a damn were in Carolina. Another player that chooses money over "fit".

Added OT Khalil to team up with his brother. Big time signing.

I hope Panthers sign both ex players Julius Peppers and Captain Munnerlyn tomorrow. Obviously if the price is right for where they are at in their careers. They were fan favorites and it's good to have veteran presence.

Then kill the draft.

No. 8 Pick - Fourenette, J.Allen or Solomon Thomas. Then BPA focusing on WR, OL and DB

Lulz

Lulz

1. OT is our biggest need, by far.

2. Pro Bowl caliber player who's been hurt, missed last year but healed 100%

3. He's with his brother, 4 time pro bowl center. Good chemistry on the O Line. Where chemistry, moving on a string is everything.

Love the move.

Bears offered Glennon HOW much ? :lol:

Carson Palmer throws a good ball too. Offensive fit is more than just the QB. Scheme-Chemistry-etc.

You may be right but I've seen this movie before.

Sure. But new orleans is capable of utilizing ginn's only real talent. They did it with Kenny stills. They do it with cooks even though cooks is a mich more complete and dynamic receiver. I ave no doubt that offense can utilize ginn probaby better than he ever has been

Bears offered Glennon HOW much ? :lol:

18.5 mil guaranteed with average salary of 14.5

Profootballtalk.com is reporting that he was hacked.

Sure he was.

18.5 mil guaranteed with average salary of 14.5

are they looking to trade him to Cleveland?

Aaron Rodgers needs a raise. No wonder the Packers don't spend any money. Pretty soon A Rod is going to be getting most of it.

Hacked.

:rolleyes:

same sh1t that happens to a lot of us

get a little too focked up, your friend grabs your phone and clicks facebook :o

the reason it hasn't been deleted is because he didn't go sleep till 5 am

Locals are freaking out over all the FAs we're losing on defense.

I'm like - why? Has anybody not noticed that unit has sucked ass here for several years now? Time to rebuild it - with the draft and kids, not 30+ year old vets... Barry Church is the only one we're going to miss - but there was no way we were going to commit $6.5m a year for a safety.

• Like 1

I'm like - why? Has anybody not noticed that unit has sucked ass here for several years now? Time to rebuild it - with the draft and kids, not 30+ year old vets... Barry Church is the only one we're going to miss - but there was no way we were going to commit $6.5m a year for a safety.

You're right. Looks like Dallas is going to have to take a step back next year. Have to rebuild that D, it's awful.

Agreed

But damn, it bugs the crap out of me that our hands are tied while our competition is building. I'm just hoping that the only thing that is holding us back is waiting for the Romo issue to be resolved. Also if Josh McCown becomes our back up QB, I'm gonna have to kick Jerry's a$$!

Agreed

But damn, it bugs the crap out of me that our hands are tied while our competition is building. I'm just hoping that the only thing that is holding us back is waiting for the Romo issue to be resolved. Also if Josh McCown becomes our back up QB, I'm gonna have to kick Jerry's a$$!

True... But the real kick in the nuts? We did this to ourselves - or rather Jerry did... All those years of re-upping 30+ year old vets, all those years of renegotiating big item contracts, all those years of dishing out big money to average Joe's like Brandon Carr - it's finally caught up... The team has taken a new approach with Stephen and Will - but it's still going to take some time to purge our past mistakes.

We need to start hitting in the draft as efficiently on defense as we have on offense... The Clown assembly line of the Tank Lawrences, the Greg Greggorys, the JJ Wicoxes, the AJ Hitchens, Mo Claibornes, and all the other guys who were too shiity to even make our team - we've got to start hitting on those picks. And not in the damn 4th and 5th rounds - we need to dedicate the front end of our drafts to defense.

True... But the real kick in the nuts? We did this to ourselves - or rather Jerry did... All those years of re-upping 30+ year old vets, all those years of renegotiating big item contracts, all those years of dishing out big money to average Joe's like Brandon Carr - it's finally caught up... The team has taken a new approach with Stephen and Will - but it's still going to take some time to purge our past mistakes.

We need to start hitting in the draft as efficiently on defense as we have on offense... The Clown assembly line of the Tank Lawrences, the Greg Greggorys, the JJ Wicoxes, the AJ Hitchens, Mo Claibornes, and all the other guys who were too shiity to even make our team - we've got to start hitting on those picks. And not in the damn 4th and 5th rounds - we need to dedicate the front end of our drafts to defense.

Correct on all points :thumbsup:

Just wait till the rookie contracts run out and Zeke and Prescott want to be paid.

Just wait till the rookie contracts run out and Zeke and Prescott want to be paid.

Yea - I'm guessing one of them will have to go... Zeke is the obvious one - lot easier to find RBs than QBs.. But we've an iceberg dead ahead - Zack Martin is needing to be resigned. And if Ron Leary got freaking damn near $9m a year from the Broncs - I can only imagine what he's going to cost.

Yea - I'm guessing one of them will have to go... Zeke is the obvious one - lot easier to find RBs than QBs.. But we've an iceberg dead ahead - Zack Martin is needing to be resigned. And if Ron Leary got freaking damn near $9m a year from the Broncs - I can only imagine what he's going to cost.

I'd think they'll try to extend both. The two of them single-handedly (or double-handedly) turned Dallas from the worst in the division to the best. They will just have to be creative with their other contracts. They still have a few years of superstar production at minimum cost. Enjoy the ride.

Not sure Dez's contract but watching him leave would be a nice change for Dallas in the near future.

Not sure Dez's contract but watching him leave would be a nice change for Dallas in the near future.

We are basically married to him or a bit.. We could cut him for an $8m hit next year - but that's not going to happen... Jerry loves him - I'm confident he will play thru his deal in 2019.. It's a bad contract, but it is what it is. What would really help Dez is if we could get a D-Jax typye burner - one who could spread the field. We don't have one - not at all.

I'd think they'll try to extend both. The two of them single-handedly (or double-handedly) turned Dallas from the worst in the division to the best. They will just have to be creative with their other contracts. They still have a few years of superstar production at minimum cost. Enjoy the ride.

Someone doesn't know wtf they are taking about. Shocked.

Someone doesn't know wtf they are taking about. Shocked.

Prescott and Zeke aren't on rookie contracts? Enlighten me

And also, here's a tip...this is your thread. Everyone has kept to talking football. Not sure why you're trying to hijack your own thread and turn in into another pissing match, but I'm game if you want. Your choice, Ross. :dunno:

Prescott and Zeke aren't on rookie contracts? Enlighten me

And also, here's a tip...this is your thread. Everyone has kept to talking football. Not sure why you're trying to hijack your own thread and turn in into another pissing match, but I'm game if you want. Your choice, Ross. :dunno:

The Cowboys won the division and a playoff game the year before last. Romo had a great season and Demarco Murray was a beast. Then injuries the next year. To say Dak and Zeke single handily saved the Cowboys from the cellar is inaccurate. The star of the Cowboys is the O Line.

The Cowboys won the division and a playoff game the year before last. Romo had a great season and Demarco Murray was a beast. Then injuries the next year. To say Dak and Zeke single handily saved the Cowboys from the cellar is inaccurate. The star of the Cowboys is the O Line.

Year BEFORE last. I mentioned last year and this year. The problem was, Romo got hurt in 2015 and they tried multiple QBs, and sucked with every one. They finish in last place. Fast forward to 2016. Once again, Romo gets hurt. This time, Zak Prescott steps up and they win the division. Exactly as I stated in my previous post.

And by the way, that offensive line was there in the last place year too. Stick to sucking Trump's miniature ######. This isn't your strong suit. :wave:

Alf Morris could have put up 1400+ yds with that line... Zeke pick unneccesary

• Like 1

Alf Morris could have put up 1400+ yds with that line... Zeke pick unneccesary

Finally someone who is sane about Zeke. Dallas would be scary good if they had Jalen Ramsey. But nope, they focked it up. I still like Dallas a lot, but man they could be so much better with Ramsey.

NFL Network draft analyst Mike Mayock has emerged as a candidate to become Washington’s general manager, sources tell @FieldYates and me.

:lol:

NFL Network draft analyst Mike Mayock has emerged as a candidate to become Washington’s general manager, sources tell @FieldYates and me.

It's Washington - I would not be surprised to hear they are also considering Kay Adams.

NFL Network draft analyst Mike Mayock has emerged as a candidate to become Washingtons general manager, sources tell @FieldYates and me.

Apparently accuracy is not a requirement

It's Washington - I would not be surprised to hear they are also considering Kay Adams.

:wub:

who wouldn't?

New England just commited robbery. Kony Ealy and the third round pick from Carolina for New England's second round pick. Nice job Panthers. They should hire Mayock.

Redskins signed Terrelle Pryor, formerly of the Browns, to a one-year, $8 million contract.

Things have not been going great in Washington, but this is a good signing for an offense which lost a lot of receiving talent early in free agency. Pryor and Josh Doctson, assuming he is healthy, give Washington a dynamic pair of outside receivers while Jordan Reed and Jamison Crowder are dangerous weapons inside. As long as Kirk Cousins sticks around, Washington's offense should continue to hum in 2017. As for Pryor, he will undoubtedly be looking for a monster year playing on a prove-it contract, and Washington has the target opportunity to make that happen, although there are plenty of mouths to feed when everyone is healthy. Still, Pryor has high-end WR2 upside.

I was hoping TP to NYG before They signed BM. TP to Washington sucks for the rest of NFC East.