Sign in to follow this  
MDC

*** 2017 NBA draft lottery thread ***

Why would the Lakers go for George now? They are still irrelevant for 2017-2018. They take some expiring contracts and wait until next offseason to sign him as a FA. Maybe make a run at another stud as well. Sometimes you need some patience.

You've got a point. They are probably clearing space in anticipation of next year. I still think the trade makes them better this season.

Dwight howard traded to charlotte for basically a bunch of nobodies.

God hes a cancer

Considering the transcendent talent he has, we may need to look at him in the category for biggest cancer in league history.

Dwights best years were under Steve Clifford, who knows how to manage him.

Hornets got out from Plumlees awful contract where he had three years and 40 mil left and move up 10 spots in this deep draft.

Me like the trade. Two thumbs up.

No illusions of grandeur either. Howard only has two years left on his deal, so if it goes south, adios.

You've got a point. They are probably clearing space in anticipation of next year. I still think the trade makes them better this season.

Meh. They would have to give up something for the right to pay him even more in a new contract. Better to suck and get some space available

Brook is 29, he will be in his mid 30s before Brooklyn is relevant. They got two young guys, gave up a nothing late 1st draft pick. They got more long term talent than they gave up. Not a horrible deal

The Nets were near a .500 team with Lin healthy and on the floor. 1 good free agent addition and 2 picks in a deep draft class along with another year under the belts of guys like Hollis-Jefferson, Levert and Whitehead and this team is a playoff contender in the east.

Not that you want to be considered just a playoff contender when it comes to the East. You don't want to be stuck as a middling 6th-7th seed but if Brook is your elder statesman and you think youll have an early pick come 2019 when hes still just 31....

trade just doesnt feel right. not for those two players.

The Nets were near a .500 team with Lin healthy and on the floor. 1 good free agent addition and 2 picks in a deep draft class along with another year under the belts of guys like Hollis-Jefferson, Levert and Whitehead and this team is a playoff contender in the east.

Not that you want to be considered just a playoff contender when it comes to the East. You don't want to be stuck as a middling 6th-7th seed but if Brook is your elder statesman and you think youll have an early pick come 2019 when hes still just 31....

trade just doesnt feel right. not for those two players.

I don't know I could see an Isiah Thomas breakout from Russell this year

kid is only 21, and was the no 2 pick for a reason

Considering the transcendent talent he has, we may need to look at him in the category for biggest cancer in league history.

I think Greeny said that he was a hall of famer today

Fock Dwight Coward. We built the entire Amway Arena in DT Orlando for HIM and he left us. This city genuinely loved him, glad his career tanked.

I don't know I could see an Isiah Thomas breakout from Russell this year

kid is only 21, and was the no 2 pick for a reason

Every team thinks they have a reason when they draft a player. If he was number 2 for a reason he'd be worth holding onto no? They want Lopez because hes a good big man and they can draft lonzo and be more attractive to PGeorge

Sorry if already reported...

Lakers Trade Rumors: Team Reportedly Shopping No. 2 Pick in 2017 NBA Draft

The Los Angeles Lakers reportedly remain active in their efforts to shop the second overall pick ahead of the 2017 NBA draft on June 22.

On Thursday, Tania Ganguli of the Los Angeles Times reported a source said the Lakers are "taking and making calls about trading the pick."

Although the mainstream discussion immediately following the draft lottery made UCLA point guard Lonzo Ball seem like a lock for L.A., the front office has never backed up that sentiment.

Trade away best young player and starting PG. deal pick instead of drafting replacement PG.

Lakers gonna Lakers I guess. :dunno:

Trade away best young player and starting PG. deal pick instead of drafting replacement PG.

Lakers gonna Lakers I guess. :dunno:

i heard on radio today it's for the banana boat crew to reunite in LA

Wow. Jimmy Butler to the Wolves for #7, Lavine and Dunn...

A KAT, Wiggins, Butler core is the right type of talent to compete with teams like GSW

Wow. Jimmy Butler to the Wolves for #7, Lavine and Dunn...

A KAT, Wiggins, Butler core is the right type of talent to compete with teams like GSW

wiggins has been a little bit of a disappointment, imo but this trade was not shocking as a similar deal was discussed last year.

I think Rubio, Butler, KAT an Wiggins is a healthy foursome.

I'm done with the Bulls until Reinsdorf is gone. I can't stand their front office

wiggins has been a little bit of a disappointment, imo but this trade was not shocking as a similar deal was discussed last year.

I think Rubio, Butler, KAT an Wiggins is a healthy foursome.

What's the protocol for dumping your NBA team?

I was a bulls fan until Jordan retired. A Knicks fan ever since but they are in such disarray I can't do it anymore.

The D-League here in Des Moine is affiliated with Minnesota. I have Floor season tickets to those games which gets me into Timberwolve games couple times a year. Can I hop on with them?

I was a bulls fan until Jordan retired. A Knicks fan ever since but they are in such disarray I can't do it anymore.

The D-League here in Des Moine is affiliated with Minnesota. I have Floor season tickets to those games which gets me into Timberwolve games couple times a year. Can I hop on with them?

Be glad you got out when Jordan left.

I stayed on.

Endured this sh!t when they got rid of Artest and Brand. Then the Jay Williams thing, albeit that wasn't the front offices fault...

Then...they dump Thibs (whom I wasn't a fan of after the Derrick Rose debacle). How do they get back in his good graces? Give him the best player they've had in 5 years.

Yeah, to get nothing but Lavine and #7 for Butler seems mad to me. I can't believe the Celtics wouldn't trade 3 for him, either.

No changing teams in any sport ever. :nono:

Yeah, to get nothing but Lavine and #7 for Butler seems mad to me. I can't believe the Celtics wouldn't trade 3 for him, either.

The Bulls were creaming in their pants last year for Kris Dunn.

It's becoming apparent than in the NBA, in order to fleece a team, just draft who they want, and then in a year or two, you can get their best player.

The Pelicans did it with Buddy Hield. Now the T-Wolves did it with Dunn. Unfockingbelievable

So you were a Bulls fan as they won 6 of 8 titles with their greatest rival being the Knicks, who they eliminated about 5 times in those 8 years.....and the moment the Bulls weren't the favorite, you jumped to their biggest rival and the team that made the Finals the very next year.......yet now you're asking what the proper protocol is?

Just skip the posturing and go buy a Warriors hat.

Just don't get excited about the NBA draft. 80% of the 1st round is a bust. Half the guys that are drafted will be traded tonight or tomorrow.

:posty:

but it does suck

I said this to a buddy of mine after golf league in the bar. Seems like Jimmy Butler would have gone for more than he did. Seems real cheap but I am no NBA guy.

Don't get the Butler move, not with 2 years left on his deal. Surely they could have gotten a better deal.

They got Dunn too. Lot of potential still there

Hornets just killed the draft.

Loved every move and pick.

3rd seed in the East, bookmark this post

Pistons drafted a Duke phag who had "Knows all the words to all the songs in Frozen" in his ESPN bio.

Liked their draft, wish they would have avoided picking up the cancer that is Dwight Howard though.

Pistons drafted a Duke phag who had "Knows all the words to all the songs in Frozen" in his ESPN bio.

Yea, I like the Kennard kid but, he was drafted way too high.

No changing teams in any sport ever. :nono:

If he were proposing switching to golden state or Boston or Cleveland, yeah, give him hell.

But if he wants to be a timberwolves fan? I say it's allowed. At least he's picking a small market team that will likely never sniff a title.

Like my grizz.

Yea, I like the Kennard kid but, he was drafted way too high.

Pistons do need a shooter, but this kid is gonna get torched on defense.

No..sniffs playoffs at best.

So you were a Bulls fan as they won 6 of 8 titles with their greatest rival being the Knicks, who they eliminated about 5 times in those 8 years.....and the moment the Bulls weren't the favorite, you jumped to their biggest rival and the team that made the Finals the very next year.......yet now you're asking what the proper protocol is?

Just skip the posturing and go buy a Warriors hat.

Hah..no no...i endured the pistons beatings for years. Was just a kid when MJ came in...just latched onto him. So no..i saw them lose alot.

Hated how the bulls treated MJ and Scottie. I was done.

And yes..nothing says bandwagon hopper like being a Knick fan since MJ left. Woof

Hah..no no...i endured the pistons beatings for years. Was just a kid when MJ came in...just latched onto him. So no..i saw them lose alot.

Hated how the bulls treated MJ and Scottie. I was done.

And yes..nothing says bandwagon hopper like being a Knick fan since MJ left. Woof

I'll give you a pass, as I was just joshin..

I got into the NBA during the 1986-87 season, after getting to go see the Mavs play the Spurs. I instantly latched onto Rolando Blackman. Mavericks were great at the time, but got upset in first round that year. The following year they got to the Conference Finals and took the Lakers to 7 games.....But after that the Mavs went on a 12 year run of futility the likes of which I hope to never see again.

And of course that run coincided with my becoming obsessed with Michael Jordan. WGN meant all the games were on TV, he being MJ, dunk contests, Come Fly With Me, it was too much for any kid to be expected to resist. When it comes to fandom, I'll grant anyone between the ages of 25-45 an MJ Fandom Exception.

I'll give you a pass, as I was just joshin..

I got into the NBA during the 1986-87 season, after getting to go see the Mavs play the Spurs. I instantly latched onto Rolando Blackman. Mavericks were great at the time, but got upset in first round that year. The following year they got to the Conference Finals and took the Lakers to 7 games.....But after that the Mavs went on a 12 year run of futility the likes of which I hope to never see again.

And of course that run coincided with my becoming obsessed with Michael Jordan. WGN meant all the games were on TV, he being MJ, dunk contests, Come Fly With Me, it was too much for any kid to be expected to resist. When it comes to fandom, I'll grant anyone between the ages of 25-45 an MJ Fandom Exception.

Ha no worries.

Yeah Rolando could fill it up. But yeah...WGN carried all the games back then...it was hard not to be a fan. Was fairly close to des moines, the bulls played a preseason game in des moines.

They got Dunn too. Lot of potential still there

I understand Dunn was unplayable last year.

I understand Dunn was unplayable last year.

But the Bulls wAntes him badly last draft. Rookies sometimes struggle in the NBA.

Trust me, Minnesota made out big but Chicago probably feels it was able to move up in round 1, get zach Lavine and get the guy they wanted last draft who they probably think is not a lost cause after 1 year

But the Bulls wAntes him badly last draft. Rookies sometimes struggle in the NBA.

Trust me, Minnesota made out big but Chicago probably feels it was able to move up in round 1, get zach Lavine and get the guy they wanted last draft who they probably think is not a lost cause after 1 year

Yeah think Chicago saw this thing was going to need to get blown up....again. Rondo and wade won't play long enough for any sort of contention...and they don't have much past that now.

Really though, Jimmy Butler was only worth that? No team would trade more for him? I get they want to start new and not let Butler just walk away, but to me just seems Butler is worth much more to a team that would think they are close. If I feel I need one more piece to jump from 2nd round exits to possible title contender, I am throwing multiple 1sts and prospects.

Really though, Jimmy Butler was only worth that? No team would trade more for him? I get they want to start new and not let Butler just walk away, but to me just seems Butler is worth much more to a team that would think they are close. If I feel I need one more piece to jump from 2nd round exits to possible title contender, I am throwing multiple 1sts and prospects.

well here is the thing. the Wolves are kind of like a better version of the Sixers in terms of doing a quicker rebuild and arguably having the more desirable trio in Lavine/Wiggins/Towns.... largely because Wiggins and Towns (and Lavine prior to last year) have been able to stay on the court.

and like the sixers, they have not been a playoff team. So they probably didn't feel the need to offer much more themselves because Butler is not a guy who is going to put them over the hump to title contender. He's a guy who is going to put them into the playoffs. They had to part with Lavine but Butler >>> Lavine... From there, the hope is that their young core grows together and makes more noise.

obviously i have no idea what other offers were made for Butler but I would think some of the contending teams, lets say Cleveland for example, would have needed to send Love back to Chicago and maybe Chicago doesn't wan't Love if they are deciding to tear it all down.

a lot of the time money needs to work in a trade and you cant just throw up prospects and picks