BTW I see more and more people parroting the lie that crypto is harmful to the environment.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

12 hours ago, Cdub100 said:

BTW I see more and more people parroting the lie that crypto is harmful to the environment.

You don't think using all that electricity is bad in any way?

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, edjr said:

You don't think using all that electricity is bad in any way?

Nope. The mega miners go where electricity is cheap and most likely renewable. The nodes I run are on a computer that's left on already.

The simple fact is nobody complains about the banks on every single corner. Nobody complains about Amazon/microsoft etc... massive server/database sites. How much energy do they use? If anything crypto is way better for the environment than our current system. 

I've noticed it's usually liberals who repeat the lie. It's the new racism card they like to play.

3 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

Nope. The mega miners go where electricity is cheap and most likely renewable. The nodes I run are on a computer that's left on already.

The simple fact is nobody complains about the banks on every single corner. Nobody complains about Amazon/microsoft etc... massive server/database sites. How much energy do they use? If anything crypto is way better for the environment than our current system. 

I've noticed it's usually liberals who repeat the lie. It's the new racism card they like to play.

Fair enough.  I would counter (on your behalf)  why are they not worried about all the electric cars wasting electricity if it's so important?  Why haven't we invented a car that runs on wind or sea water?

1 minute ago, Cdub100 said:

:lol:

Comparing energy consumption to make bitcoin, which provides zero value, to energy consumption by Amazon, which supplies the world with necessities, is peak HODL brain washing.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, edjr said:

Fair enough.  I would counter (on your behalf)  why are they not worried about all the electric cars wasting electricity if it's so important?  Why haven't we invented a car that runs on wind or sea water?

You bring up a good point. It seems like these same people are pushing for electric vehicles. Why is that not an environmental concern? To me, it's a dog whistle and talking point people use who don't actually understand the technology. 

2 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

:lol:

Comparing energy consumption to make bitcoin, which provides zero value, to energy consumption by Amazon, which supplies the world with necessities, is peak HODL brain washing.

Bitcoin has provided me almost half a million in value... so I'm not sure what you're talking about. 

Bitcoin has provided me almost half a million in value... so I'm not sure what you're talking about. 

When amazon uses electricity, they deliver you food and essential goods that you can use.  When a miner creates bitcoin, they create a number.  Get it?

5 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

Also, your half a million is all on paper, it's all fake.

8 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

When amazon uses electricity, they deliver you food and essential goods that you can use.  When a miner creates bitcoin, they create a number.  Get it?

No I don't get what you're trying to say because it doesn't make sense.

7 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

Also, your half a million is all on paper, it's all fake.

:lol: No, it's in bitcoin. If I converted it to USD then it would be fake.

11 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

his point is still valid, every bank in the world is using electricity 100% of the day

9 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

No I don't get what you're trying to say because it doesn't make sense.

Of course you don't.

8 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

his point is still valid, every bank in the world is using electricity 100% of the day

Without the banking industry, the world collapses.  Stop mining bitcoin tomorrow, who the fock cares.

My point is you can't compare energy spent for purpose vs energy wasted.

10 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

:lol: No, it's in bitcoin. If I converted it to USD then it would be fake.

USD is fake? :lol:

Now I know you're retarded.

2 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

Without the banking industry, the world collapses.  Stop mining bitcoin tomorrow, who the fock cares.

My point is you can't compare energy spent for purpose vs energy wasted.

And that's why your "point" doesn't make any sense. The energy used to create one USD in bitcoin (0.00002057) is less than the energy used to create 1 USD. Add to the fact that 0.00002057 BTC will have more value than $1 USD and it's a no-brainer.

Go ahead and clutch those USDs. The federal government is printing more and more for you. Pretty soon you'll need a wheelbarrow full of them to buy a loaf of bread.

Imagine being gutterdumbass on his way to the lollipop guild. He passes by 20 banks. All completely lit up inside and out. Heated/cooled to keep the 10 people in there comfortable. 16 comptures/2 servers/ATM running 24/7. Security system, the massive amount of paper waste, all the bricks, stone plastic, and glass used to build the bank. The asphalt for the parking lot. etc...etc...etc.. etc...

And then thinking a guy running a computer in his basement is harming the environment.

• Thanks 1

Imagine being gutterdumbass on his way to the lollipop guild. He passes by 20 banks. All completely lit up inside and out. Heated/cooled to keep the 10 people in there comfortable. 16 comptures/2 servers/ATM running 24/7. Security system, the massive amount of paper waste, all the bricks, stone plastic, and glass used to build the bank. The asphalt for the parking lot. etc...etc...etc.. etc...

And then thinking a guy running a computer in his basement is harming the environment.

:first:

Peenie has bitcoin hidden under her mattress

3 minutes ago, edjr said:

Peenie has bitcoin hidden under her mattress

Yep.  I came across it one time.  Sorry for the mess.

1 minute ago, Gladiators said:

Yep.  I came across it one time.  Sorry for the mess.

:doublethumbsup:   "not in the hair please"

2 hours ago, Cdub100 said:

And that's why your "point" doesn't make any sense. The energy used to create one USD in bitcoin (0.00002057) is less than the energy used to create 1 USD. Add to the fact that 0.00002057 BTC will have more value than $1 USD and it's a no-brainer.

Go ahead and clutch those USDs. The federal government is printing more and more for you. Pretty soon you'll need a wheelbarrow full of them to buy a loaf of bread.

If the USD collapses, bitcoin doesn't go up.  It goes down because wall street investors will need to sell their bitcoin to cover their leveraged positions.  it doesn't take much to move bitcoin substantially.  Flood the market with a few billion in value, and the whole thing will likely collapse.  

That's not to say you should invest if you believe in it.  It's just not an either/or situation.

9 minutes ago, nobody said:

If the USD collapses, bitcoin doesn't go up.  It goes down because wall street investors will need to sell their bitcoin to cover their leveraged positions.  it doesn't take much to move bitcoin substantially.  Flood the market with a few billion in value, and the whole thing will likely collapse.  

That's not to say you should invest if you believe in it.  It's just not an either/or situation.

How do you define collapse?

FACT:  Bitcoin has lost 30% of its value since I bought back in.  :doh:

3 hours ago, Cdub100 said:

How do you define collapse?

Wheelbarrows of cash to buy bread.

3 minutes ago, nobody said:

Wheelbarrows of cash to buy bread.

I would say the same so that would mean Bitcoins price compared to USD would grow. If we started seeing that type of hyperinflation everyone would be focked. I think Bitcoin would be the safest place to park money though.

15 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

I would say the same so that would mean Bitcoins price compared to USD would grow. If we started seeing that type of hyperinflation everyone would be focked. I think Bitcoin would be the safest place to park money though.

Yeah when I think of safe havens, I always think of investments that fluctuate 30% over a weekend.

1 hour ago, GutterBoy said:

Yeah when I think of safe havens, I always think of investments that fluctuate 30% over a weekend.

I like how a stock can plummet to zero in "over night trading" which I don't have access to. Or a company can just decide I can't buy or trade a stock because that would hurt some huge investment firm.

Also just to be clear. Bitcoin has been the best investment over the last decade. There is no debate about this. I'll take my 30% drop one weekend for my 1000% gains.

You go ahead and keep sticking those USDs under your mattress. Maybe you can buy a loaf of bread with it in 20 years.

It's not like this inflation is solely because of the US dollar getting weak.  In fact, the USD versus other currencies has held pretty strong.

It's the price of goods going up.  Not the value of the USD going down.  Presumably that's because of supply chain constraints.  And that's likely true, but I suspect corporations trying to make sure the recoup pandemic losses by raising prices have a lot to do with it as well.

If it was just the dollar weakening, the price of goods would go up of course, but we would also see the dollar versus Euro, the dollar vs Yen, the dollar vs Yuan all going down as well, and the opposite is true.  The USD is actually worth more against foreign currencies over the last few months.  Or do we think we have world wide inflation?

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, nobody said:

It's not like this inflation is solely because of the US dollar getting weak.  In fact, the USD versus other currencies has held pretty strong.

It's the price of goods going up.  Not the value of the USD going down.  Presumably that's because of supply chain constraints.  And that's likely true, but I suspect corporations trying to make sure the recoup pandemic losses by raising prices have a lot to do with it as well.

If it was just the dollar weakening, the price of goods would go up of course, but we would also see the dollar versus Euro, the dollar vs Yen, the dollar vs Yuan all going down as well, and the opposite is true.  The USD is actually worth more against foreign currencies over the last few months.  Or do we think we have world wide inflation?

I would say the reason USD vs other currencies has held is due to those same other countries printing money like crazy as well. It's a race to the bottom. So yeah world wide inflation is what I'm suggesting.

Do you know what costs almost no energy to create? New USD. Think about how bad for the economy that is. Something that costs almost no energy to create is probably not very valuable.

21 hours ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

Tucker Carlson has been orange pilled officially. He had Michael Saylor on who flipped his opinion on bitcoin in one interview. It was a great listen. Here is Carlson talking bitcoin for the second time in the last week

https://twitter.com/PatDono3/status/1470562958467993601?t=J6GekSZzTjAtOQLccSgDBw&s=19

Saylor is completely right. I'm building my business around the model he suggested.

• Like 1

I checked my Coinbase account last night and see that it was up to $8 trillion at 3:30pm.  Apparently there was a little glitch or something that had XRP skyrocket.  That was a fun moment.

It's so easy to make money in crypto even boomers think they know what they're doing. I'm the OG, never forget niggas.

• Like 1

Oh yeah one more thing, since I'm literally never wrong and I have a proven track record at this point. Put your money in Algorand. Trust me.

• Like 1