Yall are buggin on 90s, hes not dead, its the opposite. Dude is in the Bahamas on a yacht or something, leave him alone.

What interest would that be for the gc? :huh: No.. he was very active right up until bitcoin tanked from 20k to what 11k week before last? Then..nada. Quick.. someone not on a mobile see if the last day he posted coincides?

What interest would that be for the gc? :huh: No.. he was very active right up until bitcoin tanked from 20k to what 11k week before last? Then..nada. Quick.. someone not on a mobile see if the last day he posted coincides?

Bitcoin? Want to talk about MySpace next? He was invested in Ethereum which is now 1100-1200 per after he told us to buy around 150. Like I said before, wouldn’t catch me dead on this board if I made the money he has made from this. He’s in St Barts right now with Leo DiCaprio or something.

Bitcoin? Want to talk about MySpace next? He was invested in Ethereum which is now 1100-1200 per after he told us to buy around 150. Like I said before, wouldnt catch me dead on this board if I made the money he has made from this. Hes in St Barts right now with Leo DiCaprio or something.

He's a millenial.. he can't even tie his shoes in tbe real world! :mad:

He's fine FFS.

Fact is that I've been gone a ton as well (I'm in Punta Cana atm), but I keep checking in with you chooches because I'm a bored ijit with nothing else to do but check in after a day of sun, sand and booze . He doesn't appear to care that much - but he's probably juggling a whole lot more than me, being at the proper age to do so. I'm old and married.

:thumbsup:

Looks like 90's won this thread.

more than all of drobeski's combined

Anyone have any idea what 90sBaby got in for? And more importantly how much he owned?

Everyone on here was talking about "what they got in for" but...it really doesn't matter if you didn't buy many "shares". Getting in for $1 and selling for $500 doesn't do much if you only put in $2.

He's made a fortune on this stuff. If I made as much as I did, with as little experience as I had, and investing as late as I did, he had to have hit it big

He's a millenial.. he can't even tie his shoes in tbe real world! :mad:

That’s because he has space age auto laces like back to the future 2!

U fockers are no fun. I liked the dark web pirate idea best.

:ninja:

• Like 1

90s did try to short Doge. He was talking about how easy that money was.... Maybe he put too much into the short?

Shorting any of these coins right now is a fool's errand.

To me, the best use-case for block chain tech is for medical records.

1. They need to be secure

2. They need to be readily accessible

Enter a completely secure decentralized technology that would allow every hospital in the world to access a users medical records.

Ethereum is the most suited for that application, but I'm keeping my eyes peeled for a specific coin to pop up that will be specifically designed for the purpose.

I have to hand it to whomever marketed blockchain. Even people who don't know anything about it are all like, "OMG the technology is so amazing."

It's a distributed, secure ledger. That's not that amazing to me. In the grand scheme of things I can't even figure out why it's better than the centralized systems we use now.

Will it make things cheaper? Doubtful

Will it make things faster? Doubtful

Will it make things more transparent? Perhaps (It would probably be a harbinger of it's own destruction if it did)

So far, all I can see is that it makes digital currency possible, but I think we all realize by now that blockchain's utility as the foundation of a digital currency is limited. I mean even if you could optimize it, get mass adoption to do the processing, how is it materially different than Visa's network at this point? Or Venmo? I get decentralization, but to the average user on the street, who focking cares?

All that being said, Ain't going to stop us from getting rich. Am I right? :cheers:

Just don't be the last one out the door, you know what I'm saying?

He's made a fortune on this stuff. If I made as much as I did, with as little experience as I had, and investing as late as I did, he had to have hit it big

assuming he was actually investing. Which i believe he was but maybe not as much or exactly when he said he was. I do have a theory on 90s. No one is dumb enough to pump for money on a low rent message board but I do believe he is/was in some way affiliated with a CC company be it coin or exchange platform.

or maybe he bought a lot more BTC at 17k and LTC at 350+ and took a big hit

or maybe none of that and hes on vacation... although people don't really stray from their cell phones with web broswers.

You know what you can do to make some free money is play the arbitrage between the exchanges.

I have to hand it to whomever marketed blockchain. Even people who don't know anything about it are all like, "OMG the technology is so amazing."

It's a distributed, secure ledger. That's not that amazing to me. In the grand scheme of things I can't even figure out why it's better than the centralized systems we use now.

Will it make things cheaper? Doubtful

Will it make things faster? Doubtful

Will it make things more transparent? Perhaps (It would probably be a harbinger of it's own destruction if it did)

So far, all I can see is that it makes digital currency possible, but I think we all realize by now that blockchain's utility as the foundation of a digital currency is limited. I mean even if you could optimize it, get mass adoption to do the processing, how is it materially different than Visa's network at this point? Or Venmo? I get decentralization, but to the average user on the street, who focking cares?

All that being said, Ain't going to stop us from getting rich. Am I right? :cheers:

Just don't be the last one out the door, you know what I'm saying?

this pretty much echos my sentiments from the very beginning. you just have to be careful playing devils advocate or some people here will want to hang you for you lack of understanding of such a disruptive technology.

people who dont know anything about blockchain are investing because everyone they know is investing and making money since June or so. That and its all over every news platform.

I also wondered some of the same things you asked in your post. At what point is it any different than swiping your visa or sending money via venmo or paypal? The answer was speed. Instantaneous transactions. The thing is, no one is buying CC to use it for payments. Or very few people are. MOST people are buying it for its US Dollar investment potential. It's also funny when the exchanges for these CC's that are supposed to be so quick and seamless can't handle transaction load. I know the exchanges have nothing to do with the technology, it's just ironic.

I feel like transparency is the opposite of the intention. I mean people might say it's more transparent but in the case of comparing it to a bank wire, with all the protocols that need to be followed to send money via a bank wire to another country, or even in country, the goal is to make the transaction as transparent as possible to avoid fraud. CC's seem to want to bypass the red tape... thus making things less transparent and easier for criminal activity.

So the best thing that i've taken away from what blockchain will accomplish is your devices comunicating with one another. Your self driving car needs gas, it fills itself up and you don't have to swipe a card or pay with cash. There is no one working the pump, the pump is communicating with your car. That kind of thing. The skeptic in me wants to say, what if I don't want gas yet? I still have to set my preferences on my devices and such.

and yes, i love investing so everyone keep making money. GO ETH!!!!

90s did try to short Doge. He was talking about how easy that money was.... Maybe he put too much into the short?

That crossed my mind as well. Told him not to. I do like the idea of shorting coins that shoot straight up as a short-term contrarian play against profit-takers. That's about it.

this pretty much echos my sentiments from the very beginning. you just have to be careful playing devils advocate or some people here will want to hang you for you lack of understanding of such a disruptive technology.

people who dont know anything about blockchain are investing because everyone they know is investing and making money since June or so. That and its all over every news platform.

I also wondered some of the same things you asked in your post. At what point is it any different than swiping your visa or sending money via venmo or paypal? The answer was speed. Instantaneous transactions. The thing is, no one is buying CC to use it for payments. Or very few people are. MOST people are buying it for its US Dollar investment potential. It's also funny when the exchanges for these CC's that are supposed to be so quick and seamless can't handle transaction load. I know the exchanges have nothing to do with the technology, it's just ironic.

I feel like transparency is the opposite of the intention. I mean people might say it's more transparent but in the case of comparing it to a bank wire, with all the protocols that need to be followed to send money via a bank wire to another country, or even in country, the goal is to make the transaction as transparent as possible to avoid fraud. CC's seem to want to bypass the red tape... thus making things less transparent and easier for criminal activity.

So the best thing that i've taken away from what blockchain will accomplish is your devices comunicating with one another. Your self driving car needs gas, it fills itself up and you don't have to swipe a card or pay with cash. There is no one working the pump, the pump is communicating with your car. That kind of thing. The skeptic in me wants to say, what if I don't want gas yet? I still have to set my preferences on my devices and such.

I ignore most of what you post but, Jesus bro, you are a whiny s.o.b. aren't ya?

I ignore most of what you post but, Jesus bro, you are a whiny s.o.b. aren't ya?

for someone who ignores most of what I post, you are generally the first to quote me and respond :lol:

i was directly responding to another poster and giving him my take. How, exactly, was I whining?

was the "everyone keep making money" at the end not cheerful enough for you? :wacko:

for someone who ignores most of what I post, you are generally the first to quote me and respond :lol:

i was directly responding to another poster and giving him my take. How, exactly, was I whining? was the "everyone keep making money" at the end not cheerful enough for you? :wacko:

Bro the clientile here are getting older and more curmudgeny as we go along. Get off my lawn! Stop talking crazy talk! Stop having weird opinions!

I can see me leaving this place for good in a few years when everyone succumbs to becoming elderly @ssholes. Who the fock wants to post with your grumpy old uncle?

:lol: :lol:

Dude, you are delusional.

You have 181 posts in this thread, please point out how I respond to most of them...

This should be hilarious.

:lol: :lol:

Dude, you are delusional.

You have 181 posts in this thread, please point out how I respond to most of them...

This should be hilarious.

you're obviously just looking to start something, as per usual. Not sure what your issue is. where did I say you respond to most of my posts? I simply said you are generally the first person to quote and respond to me. (most of the time no one does :lol: .. see i'm poking fun at myself, just to clarify for you).

have an awesome night. maybe have yourself a drink

The thing about the devices communicating with each other...

You don't need block chain for that. Why do you need a distributed ledger to have devices communicate? Just use good ole fashioned wifi or whatever.

The internet of things traffic is going to be 85% mundane bullshït. For one thing, you don't need a ledger that is unimpeachable until the end of time tracking the petabytes of data that will be exchanged so everyone's phone can track that you're close to you're toaster oven.

You don't need block chain for that. Why do you need a distributed ledger to have devices communicate? Just use good ole fashioned wifi or whatever.

The internet of things traffic is going to be 85% mundane bullshït. For one thing, you don't need a ledger that is unimpeachable until the end of time tracking the petabytes of data that will be exchanged so everyone's phone can track that you're close to you're toaster oven.

well, what I meant but probably didn't clarify well enough was that your devices would be communicating and automatically paying for services without you having to do anything,

such as the car paying for its gas, your fridge ordering more groceries, your cell purchasing more data.... i'm tired. can't really think of more and those were probably bad anyway. Someone had the example of you grab an Uber and when your ride is over you just get out and dont worry about it because the Uber car will automatically charge you the fare.

so the blockchain is keeping a ledger of all these transactions. the blockchain isn't about the devices communicating, its about the monetary transactions happening between them.

WIFI consumes too much energy. It's why ZWAVE and Zigbee were developed: for small devices to be able to wirelessly connect to things like Alexa or other hubs without requiring that the small device draw much power.

But what we're discussing here goes beyond that. We're talking about transmitting quite a bit of important information regarding identities, and more complex data. Not just ON/OFF 1/0 - and that means that whatever it is which is computing the information before it is transmitted cannot itself use much energy either.

Hence: IOTA (or another CC like it).

The internet of things traffic is going to be 85% mundane bullshït.

Perhaps quite a bit of it, but quite a bit of it (see above) will have far more information in it. Consider, for a moment, that you could carry your entire medical history on you, and have it instantly referenced via NFC communication in an emergency, peer-to-peer. Without a computer being on, and without the need for WIFI, bluetooth or any other energy intensive transmission entity necessary.

For one thing, you don't need a ledger that is unimpeachable until the end of time tracking the petabytes of data that will be exchanged so everyone's phone can track that you're close to you're toaster oven.

There's infinitely more to it than that. The coming machine/AI economy is going to dwarf everything which came before it. You will literally be able to pay for using a rental car by simply going to the car and opening it, driving it/being driven by it, and returning it, with all fees and needs covered through real time exchanges of CC between your wallet and the vehicle's, netted out based upon what the vehicle had to pay in order to do its job for you.

This is not possible at present.

1. All that stuff except the self-driving already happens.

2. How will things connect to this blockchain without connecting to the internet?

1. All that stuff except the self-driving already happens.

It is not yet widespread. It will be.

2. How will things connect to this blockchain without connecting to the internet?

It isn't (necessarily) blockchain based (IOTA, for instance, isn't). That's what this decentralized technology does; that is, in fact, what decentralization is. Think of each 'wallet' (node) as its own bank. In IOTA IoT, each 'transaction' is validated by the subsequent two transactions. That is IOTA's version of mining - and it happens without consuming power like BTC mining does.

And then combine that thought with the ability of low-power wireless connectivity, and you can see that this machine economy can happen without the need for the internet - though it isn't going away, and will provide its own critical purpose.

I still can't get past decentralization not needing the internet. Also i don't really care so whatever.

I still can't get past decentralization not needing the internet. Also i don't really care so whatever.

It's not to say that all things in the future will be decentralized, just some things

• Like 1

I think you need to care about this, or you won't arm yourself with enough information to be a savvy investor in this space.

Think about why 'connecting to the internet' is necessary with every non-cash financial transaction at present. What we're talking about with this technology is the ability for all the necessary information to validate any transaction already existing on each side of that transaction, combined with the necessary validation of the bonafides of that transaction (the 'mining') when two more transactions take place.

"Mining" is the validation mechanism which makes blockchain go. DAGs (Directed Acyclic Graphs) do it differently. The 'miners' in DAG are those who participate in the network as a node/wallet; their actions (transactions) are the mining/validation, in effect. They can even do so without exchanging monetary value (akin to charging your VISA '0'). The more transactions; the more secure the network. The validation doesn't happen with the amount of the transaction considered. It takes place in the exchange of data between wallets.

"The internet" is merely a tool which connects users intent upon validating a transaction by verifying information (bank accounts/VISA/etc) which cannot be connected any other way.

Your confusion, in other words, is akin to someone wondering - 100 years ago - how in the world you could possibly withdraw money from a bank without actually visiting the bank.

LEND has by far been my best performer in the last 2 weeks. ETH is solid as a rock as well.

IOTA, I will hope, will have its time.

id love to have some IOTA myself. hoping binance gets up for new users before it takes off <_<

im in Kucoin now but that only gives me access to LEND (and others but no IOTA or Ripple to play the bounce back)

i dont think you really need to care all that much. I get what immensa is saying but the truth is, if you want to "day trade" or speculate on Alt coins, most of them are shiit anyway and serve no meaningful purpose. you don't even need to understand blockchain because trading those is more like understanding penny stocks and hype driven investments.

now if you want to invest longer term in IOTA or ETH for example, then yeah, you want to study blockchain and decentralization more.

anyone have any thoughts on DENT?