Holy crap, everything today is currently taking a beating. Looks like it could be a big "correction". Looking to buy in the near future.

Time to consider currencies which do not require mining and the intensive electrical and resource consumption. IOTA anyone? :D

IOTA MIOTA $9,350,506,644 $3.36 2,779,530,283 * $344,562,000

last hour: -11.12%

last 24 hrs-19.28%

last 7 days-6.38%

Until 90sbaby is located, I urge this thread to cease and desist :mad:

Time to consider currencies which do not require mining and the intensive electrical and resource consumption. IOTA anyone? :D

I've been contemplating getting in. Not because I believe I truly believe in CC as the wave of the future, but because it'd be nice to make a little money.

I will give fair warning if I decide to get in. That way no one can blame me for the nosedive everything takes shortly after.

I've been contemplating getting in. Not because I believe I truly believe in CC as the wave of the future, but because it'd be nice to make a little money.

I will give fair warning if I decide to get in. That way no one can blame me for the nosedive everything takes shortly after.

Since I bought several litecoin at 350, it has dipped down to 250 and I ain't been happy 'bout it.

Until 90sbaby is located, I urge this thread to cease and desist :mad:

Yes, this, where in the world is 90'sbaby...

I like to imagine he is on a tropical island ordering his margarita's with NO SALT!! Threatening to take his travelers checks to a competing resort. Or.. Burning that down!

Yes, this, where in the world is 90'sbaby...

I like to imagine he is on a tropical island ordering his margarita's with NO SALT!! Threatening to take his travelers checks to a competing resort. Or.. Burning that ###### down!

I am guessing someone from the dark web got his address and paid him a visit

I have done by far the most research on IOTA. BUY BUY BUY! :first:

Do you intend to hold long-term? Have you sold anything? I'm curious how quickly the transactions take place.

Iota is not on cryptopia

:thumbsup:

I've been learning to read charts/support levels better, and my opinion is that IOTA has incredibly strong support @ $3 - $3.50 range, or very close to that, so when it gets in the low $3's, it's about as good a time as you'll ever have to buy into it.

That may be very soon, if not about now. IOTA has not performed well since I bought it; I'm about level. I've learned to trust my instincts in my 51 years, though, even though I've mostly been just listening to them without being ballsy enough to act on them. My instincts are telling me that IOTA is doing things that are going to shock the market in the upcoming 18 months. I've read a ton of behind the scenes stuff - with corroborating pictures of IOTA team members hob-knobbing with quite a lot of big company execs - and it just seems to me that they're worried less about marketing, and more about actually getting somewhere.

IOTA was harmed by a critical paper done by DCI, which is affiliated (perhaps only loosely) with MIT, but it turns out (see their response: a 4 part treatise, which I found interesting) that players in DCI are engaging in pretty obvious conflicts of interest, and it was pretty interesting to see that outed in IOTA's response, and in the content of their response. It seems to me that IOTA gets a lot of attention from other CC parties, and that's insightful to me when I consider exactly why, and what is at stake here.

Interestingly, the IOTA dev team is one of the few (if not the ONLY) which did not set aside ANY IOTA for themselves when they initialized IOTA. If any team member wanted IOTA, they had to buy it with their own money (now granted: I'm sure they didn't pay much, as I'm sure they bought right away) - and that may account for IOTA's inability to sustain a bounce way above $4 (it very well may be these initial team members cashing out some of their IOTA), but I like the thought regardless. IOTA also has obviously not been focused anywhere near as much on 'buzz marketing' as many of the other CCs, and that's hurt their price growth (but also lessened the volatility). When BOSCH Venture Capital announced its decision to take a big stake in IOTA, that created a bounce above $5, which has since retreated nearly 40%.

Read this 4 part series from IOTA, as well as some more underlying research which has done a lot to form my opinion:

https://blog.iota.org/official-iota-foundation-response-to-the-digital-currency-initiative-at-the-mit-media-lab-part-1-72434583a2

These two op-ed articles had a big impact on my understanding of IOTA's potential, as has watching carefully what the founders of IOTA have been tweeting. These guys have obviously been very guarded about what they're doing, and very careful not to overhype:

https://medium.com/@iotasuppoter/iota-the-hardware-part-a6100b5bb4d5

https://medium.com/@iotasuppoter/iota-the-bigger-picture-eb7092835dfc

This is why I'm most bullish on IOTA. My new research is going to focus on the Lightning Network, and see if they can co-exist with IOTA.

Do you intend to hold long-term? Have you sold anything? I'm curious how quickly the transactions take place.

I've only bought once. Not sold. I am aware, however, that selling has been suspending on a couple of occasions. For me, it's a long hold, until or unless I see a compelling reason to take a different tack.

Anyone have any idea what 90sBaby got in for? And more importantly how much he owned?

Everyone on here was talking about "what they got in for" but...it really doesn't matter if you didn't buy many "shares". Getting in for $1 and selling for $500 doesn't do much if you only put in $2.

Anyone have any idea what 90sBaby got in for? And more importantly how much he owned?

Everyone on here was talking about "what they got in for" but...it really doesn't matter if you didn't buy many "shares". Getting in for $1 and selling for $500 doesn't do much if you only put in $2.

what if you got in for 10 and it went to 17k?

Not specifically, but he was in a lot earlier than I was, and that means he has done exponentially better, and I'm up somewhere between 4x and 5x overall. My guess - only drawn from inferences he's made - is that he's sneaking up on 7 digits.

:first:

what if you got in for 10 and it went to 17k?

That's perspective at some point....

A $999 profit and out...meh for most of us.

One share at $10 and out and 17k....$16,990 profit. Its not going to "send you to the islands" for very long. Only "life changing" for the poor. Good chunk of change of most of us.

But that wasn't my point.

I'm wondering as....the last couple posts we were wondering where 90sbaby went. People suggested "islands for vacation". Some suggested a visit from dark web, etc.

So I was curious. Did he come away with a million $ profit? $3400 profit? That may explain some things.

Not specifically, but he was in a lot earlier than I was, and that means he has done exponentially better, and I'm up somewhere between 4x and 5x overall. My guess - only drawn from inferences he's made - is that he's sneaking up on 7 digits.

:first:

Yea safe bet yes near a million and that might be conservative. He was trying to tell us to buy Ethereum when it was pretty much chump change. If it was me you wouldnt even see my face again here or on any sad Internet forums. Id be in permanent paradise.

That's perspective at some point....

A $999 profit and out...meh for most of us.

One share at $10 and out and 17k....$16,990 profit. Its not going to "send you to the islands" for very long. Only "life changing" for the poor. Good chunk of change of most of us.

But that wasn't my point.

I'm wondering as....the last couple posts we were wondering where 90sbaby went. People suggested "islands for vacation". Some suggested a visit from dark web, etc.

So I was curious. Did he come away with a million $ profit? $3400 profit? That may explain some things.

if it was $10, why would you buy one though?

the kid that spent his barmitzvah money on bitcoin, spent 6000 when it was at $215

made 500k in 2 years.

I know that some people bought in at WAY lower thasn 215.

but why would you ever only buy 1 of something, unless you're poor (or buying BC today at 17k)?

if it was $10, why would you buy one though?

the kid that spent his barmitzvah money on bitcoin, spent 6000 when it was at $215

made 500k in 2 years.

I know that some people bought in at WAY lower thasn 215.

but why would you ever only buy 1 of something, unless you're poor (or buying BC today at 17k)?

Your analogy implies buying at bottom and selling at top. That's not how you make money. (well in fantasy world it is). More money is made buying low, selling higher.

If it was 10....sure...yes..yeah...whatever. But if you bought at 10...you'd hold on past 100? $200? 300? 400? 1000? 2000? 4000? lol.....Oh wait...obviously you'd hold til it hit its peak. You'd be dumb not to.

Hindsight is easy peasy.

And I'm referring to bitcoin. No one here bought at 10. I'm talking...say $5000? How much would you buy? 2 bitcoin? 4?

So you buy 2 of them at 5k. You gonna hold past 10k? You're gonna not sell at a 10k profit? You're assuming you are selling at the peak? Why did he sell at 17k? Why not hold til 26k? The same reason you sold at 10k and didn't sell at 17k.

Anyone who is seasoned in investing gets my point.

Your analogy implies buying at bottom and selling at top. That's not how you make money. (well in fantasy world it is). More money is made buying low, selling higher.

If it was 10....sure...yes..yeah...whatever. But if you bought at 10...you'd hold on past 100? $200? 300? 400? 1000? 2000? 4000? lol.....Oh wait...obviously you'd hold til it hit its peak. You'd be dumb not to.

Hindsight is easy peasy.

And I'm referring to bitcoin. No one here bought at 10. I'm talking...say $5000? How much would you buy? 2 bitcoin? 4?

So you buy 2 of them at 5k. You gonna hold past 10k? You're gonna not sell at a 10k profit? You're assuming you are selling at the peak? Why did he sell at 17k? Why not hold til 26k? The same reason you sold at 10k and didn't sell at 17k.

Bought ETH @ 254, it's currently $1146..

Holding.

If it was 10....sure...yes..yeah...whatever. But if you bought at 10...you'd hold on past 100? $200? 300? 400? 1000? 2000? 4000? lol.....

Hindsight is easy peasy.

I get what you're saying.

ideally, if you were smart and had say 20 CC's and one of them started to go big, you could sell some, or half and see what happens.

I bought 10,000 dodgecoin, last week, based on what I read here and it was so focking cheap.

http://www.bbc.com/news/business-42602038

But even in the turbulent world of cryptocurrencies, Dogecoin is seen as a pretty wild creature.

It was launched in 2013, inspired by a short-lived online craze for pictures of a particular Japanese dog breed.
Last weekend, however, it nearly doubled in value and is now worth more than $2bn (£1.5bn).
Dogecoin had been gaining steadily all through December, but the latest spike has prompted howls of "crypto-hype" from sceptics.
Granted, it's still well behind the biggest beast in the digital currency pack, Bitcoin, which has a total value of more than $270bn.
But given that Dogecoin was initially intended as a parody of the Bitcoin boom, its founder, Jackson Palmer, is none too happy now that it has slipped its leash.
"The fact that most conversations happening in the media and between peers focus on the investment potential is worrying," he said earlier this month.

Bought ETH @ 254, it's currently $1146..

Holding.

yeah, but you didn't buy 100 of them. so naturally you're holding.

if you bought 100, selling 25 today might be smart.

yeah, but you didn't buy 100 of them. so naturally you're holding.

if you bought 100, selling 25 today might be smart.

I wish I would have but, still makes me nervous staring at 5 figures in an account that I'm still not sure if I am completely comfortable with.

:unsure:

• Like 2

Curious why you care?

When he first started the thread it had to do with him using his existing work knowledge to realize how few internet searches there was for Cryptocurrency. He suggested to look into it as it will blow up. That was 54 pages ago.....unless he didn't follow his own advice and he offed himself, he has to have done quite well.

In fact, significantly better than any other investment "bubble" if ever witnessed.

Here is where all my chips are:

Carvana

SnapChat - floating around 20USD right now, this is sure to go up in the next 2-3 years as SnapChat shifts from a social network to a augmented reality social network. They are working on a lot of cool technology right now. Easily can double or triple your money with this play.

3d Systems Corporation

Stratasys

Proto Labs

All of these are 3d printing companies and are the leading the way in the industry. Not sure which one is going to take the lead in the pack at this point so I am invested in all of them and when it becomes more clear I will shift my funds to that stock.

Kush Bottles

GW Pharmaceuticals

Aurora Cannabis

Basically the same thing as the 3d printing companies. All of these companies are the leaders in the marijuana industry and I want to cash in. Aurora is my favorite out of these 3.

LG Display (LPL) - Make sure you use the symbol LPL as there are a few different LG stocks to buy. The reason I suggest buying LG display is they are leading the way in OLED folding displays and they licensed out the technology to Apple.

---

You should also seriously consider opening Poloniex account and trading CC's, I think that is where the most money will be made.

Look at the last line.

All of these are game changers. Do a little research on each of them and see which ones you like the most.

I put more money on my favorites, but it is always good to force yourself to diversify because you just never know what will happen.

As far as CC's, dumb people freak out, smart people get rich. Right now is the best time to invest while many are scared. You need to stop thinking about them are currencies and research what a blockchain after you do that, you will see why they are so valuable. Specifically Ethereum.

The CC's are definitely buy and hold as well as the stocks I listed. I could day trade and probably make decent money doing it, but I wouldn't be happy, I would have no social life whatsoever.

Ahem.

I wish I would have but, still makes me nervous staring at 5 figures in an account that I'm still not sure if I am completely comfortable with.

:unsure:

it's 'only' bitcoin and I am with you.

I think I am in for about $4000 total, real cash

I have 5 coins, if any hit it big, or I want to sell. It's not really a "sale" at all. (this isn't counting ether and litecoin)

I would xfer them to bitcoin, then send that bitcoin to my wallet and go from there

I don't like having nearly .25 bitcoin in cryptopia, but if Iose it all, it was a fun ride.

someone should call the company Iam90's works for and see if he still works there

That's a bit intrusive

Was one thing for me to do it, to find out if someone was alive.

then again :ninja:

someone should call the company Iam90's works for and see if he still works there

He was easy to find on LinkedIn, although I could not find him on facebook. There were not any recent updates on LinkedIn.

If you are in a fantasy football league with him then you might know his real name. I will withhold posting it here.

• Like 1

I have his email address. I will do nothing with it tho.

Y’all are buggin on 90s, he’s not dead, it’s the opposite. Dude is in the Bahamas on a yacht or something, leave him alone.

Yes. Finally. Throw another 10m at ripple

million :o

Ripple isn't on my exchange :cry:

Y’all are buggin on 90s, he’s not dead, it’s the opposite. Dude is in the Bahamas on a yacht or something, leave him alone.

I think that is people speaking in hyperbole, i do not think anyone believes he is dead.

• Like 1