MN?

* Exceptions in the US

For customers in the US, GDAX is only available to states where Coinbase is either licensed to engage in money transmission, where it has determined that no such license is currently required, or where licenses are not yet being issued with respect to Coinbase's business. US states not yet supported by GDAX include: Wyoming, Hawaii, and Minnesota

I had no issue using Coinbase, but Gdax won't allow me to deposit.

I hope the LEND gains are here to stay. If LEND goes to $1, I will prob cash out and be greatful. I will not be rich by any means, but a nice chunk.

ZRX, huh??! That and LEND were by far the smallest caps with the largest potential for gain imo

I hope the LEND gains are here to stay. If LEND goes to $1, I will prob cash out and be greatful. I will not be rich by any means, but a nice chunk.

ZRX, huh??! That and LEND were by far the smallest caps with the largest potential for gain imo

I thought about that.. say it does take off... how much is enough for me to go.. uhmm alrighty.... gonzo?

I ordered a golf bag from golfdirectnow and it had an option to pay in bitcoin/litecoin. Is that common now?

Craigslist has an option for allowing cryptocurrency as payment as well. It’s not common, it’s just starting. Kind of like how sites started letting you sign in with social media, Twitter FB etc. It just now taking off as we speak.

* Exceptions in the US

For customers in the US, GDAX is only available to states where Coinbase is either licensed to engage in money transmission, where it has determined that no such license is currently required, or where licenses are not yet being issued with respect to Coinbase's business. US states not yet supported by GDAX include: Wyoming, Hawaii, and Minnesota

I had no issue using Coinbase, but Gdax won't allow me to deposit.

Aaaaah. Bummer. WTF.

Why are all the prices they are giving for these in USD?

Why isn't the price of Ripple or Ethereum being listed in "Bitcoin" or vice versa?

I thought about that.. say it does take off... how much is enough for me to go.. uhmm alrighty.... gonzo?

I have thought about it many times myself. I talked about it in another post, if I played my cards right I could have been looking at a few hundred thousand. But I didn't have the proper experience. If LEND gets around $1, I'm out of it. I will still keep my money in Ethereum most likely, but if I can habe over 100k, that's life changing money to a degree

Why isn't the price of Ripple or Ethereum being listed in "Bitcoin" or vice versa?

Bitcoin is so volatile i appreciate the sites that display in terms of dollars.

Depends upon the site you're on. On Binance, for instance, you can choose which relative market to judge the CC you're following. It's goofy, but you could have a CC up big against BTC, but staying even with ETH - and all of that is only measurable at the moment based upon the dollar, because of its status as a matured currency (no longer as volatile: it is more volatile than one may understand, however, because you're not seeing its value as measured against other currencies).

It's just the one that matters to us here.

But what kind of moron would pay in coins right now when the potential is 100000% increase? Of course they are going to accept 300 in bitcoin for your bag.. sit on it and that 300 is 3k in a year or two maybe?

Still think maybe a pipe dream but who knows...

The guy who paid fitty cents a piece for em.

binance is down to new users. which may not be a bad thing for me. Im still just holding ETH and have wanted to try some alt coins but now im reading via a lot of reddit posts that binance charges insane transfer fees when you want to cash out one of your alt coins back to ETH or BTC. Anyone using binance and actually making sells experiencing this? Is there a better exchange for alt coins?

also i may have missed this before, I know GDAX was suggested for fiat to BTC, ETH, LTC purchases but can you make the buy starting out with GDAX or do you still need to buy with Coinbase and then transfer to GDAX and then its just cheaper when you transfer to Binance or another alt coin exhange?

binance is down to new users. which may not be a bad thing for me. Im still just holding ETH and have wanted to try some alt coins but now im reading via a lot of reddit posts that binance charges insane transfer fees when you want to cash out one of your alt coins back to ETH or BTC. Anyone using binance and actually making sells experiencing this? Is there a better exchange for alt coins?

also i may have missed this before, I know GDAX was suggested for fiat to BTC, ETH, LTC purchases but can you make the buy starting out with GDAX or do you still need to buy with Coinbase and then transfer to GDAX and then its just cheaper when you transfer to Binance or another alt coin exhange?

Im starting to think the real money is to be made by running an exchange.

What would it take to get that off the ground?

Something fast, easy to navigate and unshady.

Is there a way to add cash to binance???? I dont want to have to wait two weeks to but btc and transfer it

No way to add cash that I know of. 2 weeks is crazy. The longest Ive waited when sending ETH or BTC to binance is about 46 minutes. (Still too long).

Im starting to think the real money is to be made by running an exchange.

What would it take to get that off the ground?

Something fast, easy to navigate and unshady.

There's a lot out there already. You are forgetting insane security

There's a lot out there already. You are forgetting insane security

So I should hire digby, RP and GFIAFP to work the door?

No way to add cash that I know of. 2 weeks is crazy. The longest Ive waited when sending ETH or BTC to binance is about 46 minutes. (Still too long).

well right now Coinbase has a 7 day wait on purchases (at least it did on my last) and considering I am still waiting for verification on Binance, I was estimating 2 weeks

Youd think investing in a technology/coin that will eventually allow for instantaneous peer to peer transactions would be faster and easier at present. Not so.

Coinbase had a message about sends being backlogged yesterday.

I find it kind of ironic how much difficulty you guys seem to have performing transactions with these wonder currencies of the future.

I find it kind of ironic how much difficulty you guys seem to have performing transactions with these wonder currencies of the future.

choose your rehtoric.

im going with "disruptive" :thumbsup:

well right now Coinbase has a 7 day wait on purchases (at least it did on my last) and considering I am still waiting for verification on Binance, I was estimating 2 weeks

Weird, anytime I buy from Coinbase it's immediate. I use a credit card.

I transferred LTC to Binance, I think it took about 10 minutes to be available.

So I should hire digby, RP and GFIAFP to work the door?

RP was a security guy?

Im wondering if thats the key to the long wait times. I also use a cc and the longest Ive waited for a purchase is 20 min.

I once tried to link my bank account to coinbase but the small transactions they were supposed to verify never appeared.

Obviously, banks dont like this sh!t so I dont doubt theyre holding things up however they can.

Im wondering if thats the key to the long wait times. I also use a cc and the longest Ive waited for a purchase is 20 min.

I once tried to link my bank account to coinbase but the small transactions they were supposed to verify never appeared.

Obviously, banks dont like this sh!t so I dont doubt theyre holding things up however they can.

I sold some ETH and LTC a while back, I had to go through the bank verification a few times before I got synced up correctly. I'm good now though, they sent 2 small amounts and I verified.

Some must reading for cryptogeeks looking to read between lines and figure out where to put their investment long term. This sort of intel is very exciting to me, and this is more than simple a "where there is smoke, there is fire" thing:

https://medium.com/@iotasuppoter/iota-the-bigger-picture-eb7092835dfc

Nothing crazy but, picked up 100 IOTA based on your research. Thanks for the legwork.

Will look to add if the price drops as well.

• Like 1

With the craze still riding high shouldn't one buy say 1,000 of each newer coin and figure one of them will climb to obscene levels?

I mean, WOW,

With the craze still riding high shouldn't one buy say 1,000 of each newer coin and figure one of them will climb to obscene levels?

I mean, WOW,

right?

verge made it to .23 and then took a nose dive

eta:

What is XVG?
Verge is a fast-rising cryptocurrency which aims to make transactions completely anonymous.
Created in 2014 under the name DogeCoinDark, it was rebranded to Verge Currency last year.
The currency is virtually untraceable and the users of Verge can make instant anonymous transactions.
This is achieved through using highly advanced blockchain technology built on top of services such as Tor and I2P that hides your personal data, such as IP-addresses and geolocation.
The currency also differs to other cryptocurrencies through being a 100 per cent open source project, with all members of the community able to give full input into any decisions made about future changes.
It's also meant to be very fast, and by using 'Simple Payment Verification' (SPV) technology confirmation times are kept to around five seconds on average.
What's the price of Verge and how do you buy it?
Over the past few weeks Verge has enjoyed an astronomical rise.
Between December 12 and December 19 the currency soared by 800 per cent.
But at the time of writing on January 5, it was trading at £0.14 ($0.18) each.
On the official website for the currency, users are recommended to buy off any reputable exchanges.
Anyone with an Android device can take Verge on the go and send or receive coins with their mobile Verge wallet app.

I mean, WOW,

I would rather see you investigate the purpose of each coin and determine for yourself if it is worth investing in. In my case, I hold only three positions atm: LEND (I can see it getting to ~60% of the present market cap of SALT, for instance, which would represent about a 3x gain from present levels - and then I'm out, barring new information), ETH (which has probably been the most solid and consistent performer of all CCs, and is the platform upon which more transactions - about double what BTC is going - are taking place, and a long term hold IMO), and IOTA, in which I believe the most, and which I think represents possibly the most undervalued (new CCs with no realized market cap excepted) currency. IOTA is very different from most of the other CCs; they're simply going about this differently, and that's why I posted that article from medium.

I don't like the idea of spreading money equally based upon the lottery system. I not only don't think it's necessary, I think it's easy to exceed the results you'd get by throwing spaghetti on the wall.

I don't like the idea of rewarding irresponsible investments with a wallpaper strategy, though I understand why you mentioned it.

I would rather see you investigate the purpose of each coin and determine for yourself if it is worth investing in. In my case, I hold only three positions atm: LEND (I can see it getting to ~60% of the present market cap of SALT, for instance, which would represent about a 3x gain from present levels - and then I'm out, barring new information), ETH (which has probably been the most solid and consistent performer of all CCs, and is the platform upon which more transactions - about double what BTC is going - are taking place, and a long term hold IMO), and IOTA, in which I believe the most, and which I think represents possibly the most undervalued (new CCs with no realized market cap excepted) currency. IOTA is very different from most of the other CCs; they're simply going about this differently, and that's why I posted that article from medium.

I don't like the idea of spreading money equally based upon the lottery system. I not only don't think it's necessary, I think it's easy to exceed the results you'd get by throwing spaghetti on the wall.

I don't like the idea of rewarding irresponsible investments with a wallpaper strategy, though I understand why you mentioned it.

ZRX is still a decent buy, but it was under 200 market cap when I bought originally, .30 . It's the only fully functioning coin on the Ethereum network if my research was correct.

I agree on LEND. The coin has a chance to absolutely jump, like could potentially see a 5b market cap.

As far as new coins, you have to search for them. They dont come available on these larger exchanges right away usually. And have you looked at how many there are?? It's pretty overwhelming to see the amount of ICOs out there. ICOs have attracted so much attention that their asking price is obsurd. None of them have a working product, haven't even started the real development of what they intend to offer. They give a flat offer of: You give us x amount of Ether, we will give you y coins. There is no scaling when the price of Ethereum jumps! When Ethereum was less than 700, I calculated the initial value of some coins at $3/ coin. That is just insane to me.

To be honest, the whole process makes me uneasy as hell. People who have no clue are putting in price predictions like it's gospel. The way they pump their coins, the shlt coins included, it's just disrespectful of the real minds behind this movement. That's why the creator of Ethereum, or one of the creators, threatened to quit the crypto currency business.

• Like 1

Dogecoin's market cap hit 1 BILLION dollars.

And it was created as a joke. Wow.

This is why traditional investment strategies MAY not apply. This craze is unlike anything I've seen in my 25 year investing career.

Hence, the shotgun approach I mentioned in an earlier post.

• Like 1

It took a while for the transactions to appear on my bank account but they eventually did.

I just preferred having the money in my bank account and seeing it go rather than the old unseen credit card transactions I might for get about. Plus I think or thought the daily buy limit was higher with a linked bank account. Or maybe they had jst upped it in general by the time I had signed up.

But when you make a purchase, are you not locked in at that buy price and it just takes a little time for the money to go from your bank to coinbase? That's how it seemed to work for my ETH purchase

I've been using Coinbase since around July, credit card purchases, they up your balance often and I think mine is around $8,000 per week now. Started out at $500

Never had any issues and CC purchases are basically instant. If/when I cash anything out, I use my verified bank wire.

I've been using Coinbase since around July, credit card purchases, they up your balance often and I think mine is around $8,000 per week now. Started out at $500

Never had any issues and CC purchases are basically instant. If/when I cash anything out, I use my verified bank wire.

:thumbsup:

Where is the OP?

I did a bank transfer so that must be an issue

can't do 50k on a CC

On a yacht somewhere.

Or got thrown off a yacht with some concrete shoes.