Sign in to follow this  
TheErosion

Buy Low and Sell High after Week 1?

sell high Cooper Kupp?

buy low on Doug Martin?

Considering selling Cobb as he had a pretty good game. I already have Nelson.

Looking at possibly going after DeMarco Murray or Greg Olsen after their turd games.

Sell High:

Diggs

Thielen

Agholor

Gillislee

A. Smith

Buy Low

Mixon

M. Thomas

A. Jeffrey

Abdullah

Olsen

Why sell high on Diggs and Theilen?

I would shop Howard to see what you can get for him in a ppr.

I'm buying low on Agholor.

I picked up Diggs for cheap in a trade. Thinking of flipping him after his monster week 1. The Saints make everyone look great.

This is a player I'd hang onto if I were you.

I think Diggs is in for a big season.

• Like 1

I would shop Howard to see what you can get for him in a ppr.

I'm buying low on Agholor.

I'm actually considering buying Howard low. I think people are really overreacting about how much Cohen is going to cut into Howard's role.

I'm actually considering buying Howard low. I think people are really overreacting about how much Cohen is going to cut into Howard's role.

I do too. Without Cohen Howard was never in position to make his score

• Like 1

I'm a d Martin owner. What are you offering?

Baldwin.

This week is the one week you might be able to get Jordan Howard for cheap(er). He still put up RB1 numbers, but the Cohen hype might cause a bit of panic.

Baldwin.

That's a very fair offer. Completely depends on needs. If I was looking for a WR upgrade I may be interested in that, but probably not without getting another RB in return. Myself, and probably most others, know what happened to the David Johnson owner and if you have a RB who could potentially be the bellcow for his team, you hold on tight.

Good offer, but I'd probably pass.

How about a sell before they go lower? I'm steadily getting more worried about DeMarco. OAK was supposed to be a cushy matchup. He looks off. Only saving grace in this game is Henry looked just as bad or worse. I get that its just week 1. Am I crazy to take .70 on the dollar now before the value goes down further? My fear is if I wait two more weeks, the value goes down even more and I've wasted the opportunity at an up and comer.

DeMarco Murray for Ty Montgomery? Does the Ty owner even consider it? Stupid to sell DeMarco that low? Or stupid for a Ty owner to make that trade?

I do too. Without Cohen Howard was never in position to make his score

i am howard owner and not worried either. He will still get his ~15 a game and goal line.. if anything the O will move the ball better now so more scoring opportunities.

is there such a thing as sell low?

If you are buying low, isn't the person you are buying from selling low? Therefore every buy low is also a sell low.

I would agree, praying thaf the person in the league I am in will also want out.

Good luck with that and let me know if that happens.

How about a sell before they go lower? I'm steadily getting more worried about DeMarco. OAK was supposed to be a cushy matchup. He looks off. Only saving grace in this game is Henry looked just as bad or worse. I get that its just week 1. Am I crazy to take .70 on the dollar now before the value goes down further? My fear is if I wait two more weeks, the value goes down even more and I've wasted the opportunity at an up and comer.

DeMarco Murray for Ty Montgomery? Does the Ty owner even consider it? Stupid to sell DeMarco that low? Or stupid for a Ty owner to make that trade?

I'm a Demarco and Henry owner and have similar concerns. They didn't look great/quick/explosive. Very meh. I'm gonna hold tight on them but try and flip Diggs or Golladay for a serviceable RB with upside just in case.

It's interesting that a running team gave up on running ball.

They only ran the ball 21 times and three of those where from Mariota.

I'm concern about this situation also.

I thought they would want to run the ball even more to control the tempo even more so vs the Raiders offense.

For me, Howard and Murray are both holds. I don't think I could get decent value for them. I think better days are ahead Murray, and Howard will still have a large role, including goal line work. Henry didn't look any better than Murray, and Murray had twice as many carries both decent signs. I think it was just a bad game for the entire offense. I also own Cook and Hunt, so that might be altering my perspective.

Why sell high on Diggs and Theilen?

Because many of us think you just saw their best game of the season. Ditto for Bradford, A. Smith, and anyone who thinks Hunt will put up 40 points every week.

Would Randall Cobb for Murray sound like a good offer? Cobb has higher value at the moment and Murray's is down.

As a Murray owner, I wouldn't even consider it. There isn't much payoff in that scenario. Having a bad Murray vs a good Cobb doesn't change my season out look at all. I'm better off taking a chance that Murray turns it around.

Thinking of jumping ship on Brandon Marshall and looking to deal for Cobb, Thielen and Kupp. Golladay and Tyrell Williams also available of waivers. Thoughts... :unsure:

It's interesting that a running team gave up on running ball.

They only ran the ball 21 times and three of those where from Mariota.

I'm concern about this situation also.

I thought they would want to run the ball even more to control the tempo even more so vs the Raiders offense.

sometimes teams go away from their game when up against a top opponent.

I dont know why, but it happens sometimes.

Best week of the year to trade. It's "the sky is falling" syndrome. I just traded my 3rd RD pick for someone's 2nd RD pick. It's a subtle difference, but it could matter. If you treat this time as an extension of your draft, and stay true to your draft cheatsheet...you have a good shot to improve your team.

Week 1 is a down week more times than not. Probably the lowest average score in your league all year.

No better time all year to "buy low" than when there is only one game of data to look at. And I'm willing to bet 50% of the teams in your league are winless. Creating all the factors you need to pull off a trade with a higher % of owners than any other week of the season.

just turned Benjamin, West and Carson (a sell low and a sell high and an I dunno) into Michael Thomas

his RB's were DJ and AP, and hes no 10 on the waiver claim

I think you gave up too much. No promises Thomas is better than Benjamin this year, and you just gave up your RB depth.

I was able to trade Davin Cook for Julio Jones after week 1. I was pretty happy with that as I already have Bell and Hunt as my RB1&2.

Would Randall Cobb for Murray sound like a good offer? Cobb has higher value at the moment and Murray's is down.

The only way this offer becomes thinkable during this season is if Murray tears an ACL.

I was able to trade Davin Cook for Julio Jones after week 1. I was pretty happy with that as I already have Bell and Hunt as my RB1&2.

bet so. talk about a sell high and buy low.

I think you gave up too much. No promises Thomas is better than Benjamin this year, and you just gave up your RB depth.

I added Cohen to replace West and Mack to replace Carson

I watched the entire Carolina game, and Cam looks like , and didn't want Benjamin but somehow ended up taking him

Followup, I just got Tyreek and Reed for Gronk and Eli