Sign in to follow this  
Djgb13

Trump criticizes NFL players protesting

I think the NFL is going to go a long way to hang themselves today. Just watched a bit of the kneel down in London. This is not going to play well in flyover country, which is basically everything minus the nutty coasts. Trump ain't gonna let up. This should be an interesting season.

I see it differently. Initially the kneeling was about police brutality, but Trump has unwittingly changed the narrative. Essentially Tump is forcing people to pick a side with the choices being unity/equality vs division/inequality.

So sure, when more players kneel, a certian segment of our society will leave. But if Trumps words were heeded and owners fired or suspended players that protest on the side of equality, I believe a much much larger segment of society leaves the NFL.

You say the NFL is hanging itself. I say Trump has created a situation in which everyone is forced to make a choice, with his side being the much bigger loser.

It's all a big distraction to keep everyone from noticing he hasn't been able to pass any legislation. Not working Drumpf. We all know you suck. Some people are just still down on their knees sucking with you.

Trump not passing legislation is better than Hillary passing some. Get it now?

• Like 1

Everybody should reject the national anthem until Drumpf quits twitter and acts like the president.

Or people could just vote in 2020. Somthing Kaepernick didn't do in 2016. Voting is the ultimate protest. Problem being it doesn't draw attention to you. Which is what this is really about.

Trump now stands for patriotism and rhe love of country. Handed to him by morons whose only job has been playing in the NFL and can barely form a proper sentence. And liberals who align with them. The great propagandists in history are in awe.

Sometimes I am in awe the level of stupidity by people.

It is sports, keep out of it Trump. It's none your business so fock off. Go make your stage someplace else. If the players want to protest something that is their right to do so. As to the players level of education, does that really bother you that much or are you just being petty and pi$$y? My money is on the latter.

I see it differently. Initially the kneeling was about police brutality, but Trump has unwittingly changed the narrative. Essentially Tump is forcing people to pick a side with the choices being unity/equality vs division/inequality.

So sure, when more players kneel, a certian segment of our society will leave. But if Trumps words were heeded and owners fired or suspended players that protest on the side of equality, I believe a much much larger segment of society leaves the NFL.

You say the NFL is hanging itself. I say Trump has created a situation in which everyone is forced to make a choice, with his side being the much bigger loser.

His side is going to lose? Who's going to replace the customers that leave? All of a sudden leftists will start watching, showing up to games? I don't think so.

Or people could just vote in 2020. Somthing Kaepernick didn't do in 2016. Voting is the ultimate protest. Problem being it doesn't draw attention to you. Which is what this is really about.

Maybe people will vote more if the person who gets the most votes starts to win.

Exactly. If they start benching star players for this stooped $hit you will lose a lot more viewers than if you do nothing. The NFL is doing exactly what they should here.

Die hard fans are already losing interest because of the softening of the game. You add some pettiness to the mix and more will walk away.

His side is going to lose? Who's going to replace the customers that leave? All of a sudden leftists will start watching, showing up to games? I don't think so.

Well, yes I do believe unity will win out and his "those people" vs our people view will lose. But....

In my prior post I simply meant the following:

1- If every single player in the league kneels during the anthem and the owners ignore Trump's directive.

2- If owners were to suspend or release any player that kneels, as per Trump's directive...

More fans quit the NFL in scenario 2. Way more. Way way more. I think even you know that.

:dunno:

Exactly. So why does numbnutts have to respond then? I'll tell you why, because he is a beotch, half a f@g, gutless worm. He has to be the center of attention and if he is not he throws a tantrum to make sure he is. I had all girls so I never dealt with a boy but if I had one that acted like Trump does, I'd be ashamed.

I see I triggered a lot of libtards, thanks for the laughs.

It's funny to watch liberals fall for the same trick over and over again. President Trump has taken control of the narrative and whatever the protests were originally about doesn't matter as anyone watching today knows the players kneeling now and in the future are doing it to spite President Trump, the man defending the flag, veterans and patriotism, which is exactly what he wants.

Last week the NFL had a bit of a nasty cough. This week it has a full blown case of AIDS. :lol:

A number of players from both teams took a knee during the National Anthem. Then stood up with their hand over their hearts for God Save the Queen.

lol, I guess they don't realize that England is way more racist than the US

Because they can. Why is Trump tweeting about it again?

"Because they can?" That's not an answer. Sounds like my eight year olds answer. :unsure:

Regardless of Trump's involvement, I wish he would STFU on this topic, the players are picking the worse possible way to protest. The product is on the decline and this simply gives people another reason to turn it off.

I'll stand for the folks that protect us in and outside of the country.

"Because they can?" That's not an answer. Sounds like my eight year olds answer. :unsure:

Give me a valid reason why Trump feels the need to tweet about it, so I can learn how to answer properly.

Exactly. So why does numbnutts have to respond then? I'll tell you why, because he is a beotch, half a f@g, gutless worm. He has to be the center of attention and if he is not he throws a tantrum to make sure he is. I had all girls so I never dealt with a boy but if I had one that acted like Trump does, I'd be ashamed.

You do realize that there are a thousand different ways to protest besides kneeling during our, yes our national anthem. It's a stupid way to protest (whatever they are protesting).

And Trump sometimes runs off at the mouth and was wrong to even comment about it.

Those two statements aren't mutually exclusive.

I see I triggered a lot of libtards, thanks for the laughs.

It's funny to watch liberals fall for the same trick over and over again. President Trump has taken control of the narrative and whatever the protests were originally about doesn't matter as anyone watching today knows the players kneeling now and in the future are doing it to spite President Trump, the man defending the flag, veterans and patriotism, which is exactly what he wants.

Last week the NFL had a bit of a nasty cough. This week it has a full blown case of AIDS. :lol:

I think most Americans support the flag, veterans, and patriotism. The problem is some of us define patriotism very differently than our President. Some of us think the flag represents something different than our President does. Some of us believe our veterans fought for something different than the President thinks they fought for.

• Like 1

Give me a valid reason why Trump feels the need to tweet about it, so I can learn how to answer properly.

Not sure, I'm not a Trump guy. I think he runs off at the mouf. It's one of the reason I didn't vote for him.

I still don't get the kneeling. I don't think half the players do either. They are just conformists. It's all stupid attention whooring

How many draft deferments did Trump get? Where does he do his manufacturing and business?

Sticking up for the flag lol

The best thing about Kapernick by far is that he encourages people who agree with him not to vote. It's his one saving grace.

• Like 1

This corpulent moronic gasbag just breathed huge new life into something that was dying a natural death of whogivesafuckitis. Hell, even pubehead-nick was giving it up.

Stupid fothermocker. Some nitwit from Fox and Friends probably mentioned it 5 minutes before Trump took the stage.

And united the players and owners together. Hell...they should try to strike a new cba now.

Thanks Trump

Everyone please answer...what effect would it have in the black community if there was never another white cop vs black man shooting? Would poverty decrease? Would black on black crime decrease? Would nuclear family numbers increase? Drug use/dealing decrease?

You do realize that there are a thousand different ways to protest besides kneeling during our, yes our national anthem. It's a stupid way to protest (whatever they are protesting).

And Trump sometimes runs off at the mouth and was wrong to even comment about it.

Those two statements aren't mutually exclusive.

How else could Kaep have protested that would have gained this much attention?

Everyone please answer...what effect would it have in the black community if there was never another white cop vs black man shooting? Would poverty decrease? Would black on black crime decrease? Would nuclear family numbers increase? Drug use/dealing decrease?

I guess they would kneel in protest of each other.

I think most Americans support the flag, veterans, and patriotism. The problem is some of us define patriotism very differently than our President. Some of us think the flag represents something different than our President does. Some of us believe our veterans fought for something different than the President thinks they fought for.

Peaceful protest is extremely patriotic...even if it means doing so is telling the country where you feel they have been wrong.

I'm just...appalled at most of you. Way to be on the wrong side of history.

https://twitter.com/reesehuffman/status/911971785561829376

Such a relevant clip from Muhammad Ali there. This is a great moment in history and one of the proudest moments of my life as an American.

Kaepernick will be in a history book one day. Chew on that, douchenozzles.

• Like 1

A number of players from both teams took a knee during the National Anthem. Then stood up with their hand over their hearts for God Save the Queen.

Jeebus fock this is absolutely disgusting. This is going to be a watershed week, we'll see the ramifications.

I think this is what turn alot if people off...

1. Not that I agree with police violence, but hes protesting something that will have little overall affect on AA community.

2.He chose kneeling just to p!ss of white people, ir get attention as you call it.

No surprise slow nut is here defending people who hate america.

I dont believe they hate America...that is your extremely ignorant opinion.

I defend people having the right to peacefully protest the injustices they see. Pretty damn American actually.

Im sure you prefer a country that forces people to do things instead.

I can 100% guarantee that the fact that people feel comfortable using the term "nigs" in a thread like this are a large part of the reason players need to keep kneeling during the national anthem.

Absolutely on the money.

This is the kind of behavior that prompted me to register and actually post here. There are a lot of inbred, ignorant focks here. Probably should have just stayed away but it's like a car crash I guess. Anyway, I never post on internet boards, was using fftoday for years for cheat sheets, advice, and news and never once registered. Then by chance somehow ended up looking here. Had to register just to come rile these morons up.

Exactly. Attention.....you nailed it. Everyone knows who Kaepernick is now, half the people aren't even sure exactly what he's "protesting".

First thought is......it's likely none of the above would be changed significantly.

So I guess your saying that if murdering black people and not murdering black people nets the same statistical results, we may as well keep murdering black people. I guess I get it.

I think this is what turn alot if people off...

1. Not that I agree with police violence, but hes protesting something that will have little overall affect on AA community.

2.He chose kneeling just to p!ss of white people, ir get attention as you call it.

I dont think pissing off white People was ever his intention whatsoever. And why would it just piss off white people?

Apparently none of the Steelers will come out onto the field for the national anthem.

New favorite team.

Nope can't like the squeelers. But should be interesting watching them pull this stunt.

Exactly. Attention.....you nailed it. Everyone knows who Kaepernick is now, half the people aren't even sure exactly what he's "protesting".

Then they didnt listen as he made it abundantly clear last year. I think people know...but its a topic they dont want to talk about.

I dont believe they hate America...that is your extremely ignorant opinion.

I defend people having the right to peacefully protest the injustices they see. Pretty damn American actually.

Im sure you prefer a country that forces people to do things instead.

I don't think anyone is saying a player should be forced to do anything. Your 1st amendment right guarantees you protection from the Govt. It doesn't protect you from any subsequent backlash you may get.

Most all employers wouldn't allow "protesting" during office hours.

Hell, the NFL has regulated players wearing stuff on their shoes before.

This isn't a first amendment issue. :thumbsdown:

Then they didnt listen as he made it abundantly clear last year. I think people know...but its a topic they dont want to talk about.

What topic? I've asked several times now.