Sign in to follow this  
72dolfan

Seattle Homers: Rawls or Lacy?

I know McKissic looks to get the passing downs, but what are you hearing on the 1st & 2nd down back (Rawls or Lacy)? I get the feeling Pete Carrol is like Bill Belichek (sp?) when it comes to believing what they say.

Stay away.

Rawls, but he just hasn't looked the same as he did in 2015. I'd wish for more Prosise touches but he would just get hurt. Lacy probably would have been cut eventually had Carson lasted.

I want nothing to do with the Seattle backfield. This situation looks like it will come down to the "hot hand" and just looks like a major headache.

I'm starting to warm up to Lacy. I think these extra weeks have probably helped him get closer to being in shape (a less round shape). He didn't look bad last year before injury. They paid him decent money to bring him in so they were cooling more on Rawls. I think the coaching the comment of the coaching staff about Rawls coming back was more about getting Lacy more motivated.

Stay away. Even McKisic is a tough call because Prosise is supposed to be back this week, next week the latest..

McKissic has the backing of the players. Doug Baldwin and others from the receiving core are big fans of his. I think he can hold off Prosise.

As for Rawls versus Lacy, they definitely seem to like Rawls.

We're probably looking at a Rawls/McKissic backfield with McKissic having the higher ceiling but lower floor.

I'd probably go with Prosise as far as total value goes & assuming you're in at least a half ppr.

Lacy is too fat/slow to counter their o-line. I guy like that needs to build a little momentum before 1st contact. Not happening

If you have space on your bench: Rawls. His upside is way higher. If he can come back healthy and has a good game, he will get work horse carries. Lacy is garbage. Weight down or not, he is slow and plodding. They still seem to like him in short yardage like 1 or 2 yards. He could vulture goal line carries, but only if inside the 2 (not the 3 or 4). Rawls will likely be a 2 down back and get 80-90 percent of carries. I would guess Rawls 16-18 carries, Lacy 3-4 carries, McKissic 2-3 carries and 2 receptions, Procise 4-5 receptions. That would be on average and could vary game to game.

• Like 1

I picked up Lacy because he was the only worthwhile option after losing two backs in week four. Don't start anybody against the Rams obviously, is about to get UGLY. Uglier.

I wish they had had the balls to cut Lacy instead of Alex Collins before the season started. I could see Mike Davis getting a call up at some point during the season. Not an exciting time to be a Seahawks fan or fantasy owner.

If you have space on your bench: Rawls. His upside is way higher. If he can come back healthy and has a good game, he will get work horse carries. Lacy is garbage. Weight down or not, he is slow and plodding. They still seem to like him in short yardage like 1 or 2 yards. He could vulture goal line carries, but only if inside the 2 (not the 3 or 4). Rawls will likely be a 2 down back and get 80-90 percent of carries. I would guess Rawls 16-18 carries, Lacy 3-4 carries, McKissic 2-3 carries and 2 receptions, Procise 4-5 receptions. That would be on average and could vary game to game.

Some good thoughts, but if Prosise is healthy McKissic most likely won't be active.

Dammit I picked up Rawls again. I hate the Seahawks for making me keep picking up Rawls. If coach had said "Lacy lacy lacy" I'd have left them both alone. :/

Dammit I picked up Rawls again. I hate the Seahawks for making me keep picking up Rawls. If coach had said "Lacy lacy lacy" I'd have left them both alone. :/

Could be worse, you could have picked up Lacy.

I'm starting to think Lacy may get some run here. Rawls IMO will get first crack but if he has one of those <3.0 upcoming days like he's had much of lately I could see Lacy coming in for some plays and staying there if he's productive.

I like this post, but can Rawls handle over 15 carries?

I think its Rawls job to loose. If he is back to full form he is the only real option that we have that can get hit in the backfield and still gain yards. Lacey is good, but needs room.

McKissic, nah because of Prosise, Rawls nah, why would he be inactive?, Lacy, in preseason and last week only RB to look good and he was getting "space" sooooooooooo Lacy it is!

McKissic, nah because of Prosise, Rawls nah, why would he be inactive?, Lacy, in preseason and last week only RB to look good and he was getting "space" sooooooooooo Lacy it is!

McKissic looked good in pre-season, all practices and may have earned the benefit of the doubt with his big play TDs last week.

We'll see but I'm holding Rawls and McKissic in one league, and Prosise and McKissic in another. No idea what PC will do and don't trust what he says about any of them.

Nobody is doing anything against the Rams. This week should be carnage.

Well, Hyde had a big wk3 against LAR as did Zeke in wk4 and Yahoo is showing the Rams as the most generous defense towards RBs this year.

Well, Hyde had a big wk3 against LAR as did Zeke in wk4 and Yahoo is showing the Rams as the most generous defense towards RBs this year.

Better lines my friend. I'm hoping the "it was Jeff Fisher" narrative rings true but I'm going into this game pessimistic as all hell.

They've given up 7 TDs to RBs but no one RB has gained more than 85 yards against them.

I'm not worried about the Rams D, but Rawls and Lacy have both been pedestrian at best. I have Rawls and McKissic for one flex spot. I'm thinking I may throw McKissic in there (Prosise doubtful). Long shot but higher upside imo.

If it looks like they can't run after the first couple series. I say abandon it this week all together.

Give McKissic 10-15 check downs right out of the backfield. Even if he only gets 5 yards or so, we use this as our "run game".

Given the lighting-in-a-bottle that McKissic flashed last week, I was surprised I didn't see any coachspeak praise blurbs about McK this week. There was one remark about Rawls "flying around" in practice, or something to that effect.

Maybe Coach Carroll is trying to keep McKissic on the down-low.

Stay away.

This might be the best advice you can get here.

The alternative is to try to pickup both and hope that one of them earns the starting job.

But for this to be a reasonable alternative you need to have the roster room or no capable starters on your roster.

I do think Lacy has the inside track at the moment, because it is looking like Rawls isnt recovered to a point where he's effective...... but that could change at any time.

I think there may be better gambles to make out there, but if you are in a situation where David Johnson is out for most of the year and your second RB was Crowell, Paul Perkins or Ty Montgomery (ineffective, injured or both) you may not have a much better alternative. Just a list of RB3 and RB4's with upside.

in that scenario, maybe you grab both and hope to land an eventual starter.

When Thomas Rawls replaced Lynch due to injury 2 years ago he was the leading yard per carry RB in the NFL...in Dec. 2015 he broke his ankle, then in 2016 he had a cracked fibula and missed another 7-games, in preseason 2017 he was considered the starting back ahead Lacy & Carson only to sprain his ankle and another setback....Finally he is fully healthy, as the coaches hinted in practice this week....Rawls runs very physical coupled with 4.42/40 speed , without doubt he has the talent only if he stays healthy....Week 5 he will be running angry proving his worth claiming the stating RB slot for the Hawks.....My money is on him to return as a decent NFL-RB similar to the player we seen in 2015, reminder, Rawls is only 24 years old ......

• Like 1

This might be the best advice you can get here.

The alternative is to try to pickup both and hope that one of them earns the starting job.

But for this to be a reasonable alternative you need to have the roster room or no capable starters on your roster.

I do think Lacy has the inside track at the moment, because it is looking like Rawls isnt recovered to a point where he's effective...... but that could change at any time.

I think there may be better gambles to make out there, but if you are in a situation where David Johnson is out for most of the year and your second RB was Crowell, Paul Perkins or Ty Montgomery (ineffective, injured or both) you may not have a much better alternative. Just a list of RB3 and RB4's with upside.

in that scenario, maybe you grab both and hope to land an eventual starter.

I lost David Johnson, Ty Montgomery and Carson. Playing LeSean McCoy and Doug Martin and a WR in the flex now.