Sign in to follow this  
Mike Honcho

Mike Pence protest NFL leaves game when he realizes it's Colts/49ers

He should've run over some Dixie Chick CD's too.

Because MURICA!

That was wrong. If you recall, I took the Dixie Chicks' side at the time. Never stopped liking Toby Keith either by the way.

First public official to attend an NFL game to stage an event in favor of racism? Check that off the bucket list, Mikey.

Probably headed straight to Charlottesville - stopping at Costco on the way to replenish his Tiki Torch supply.

You've got it backwards. The racists are the ones kneeling then flashing Black Power symbols. It's foolish to think they view you in any different light if you support them. You may think you're an ally but you're just a tool (in more ways than one).

I'm not really that concerned about the security detail. It's a fact of life for those guys.

I do think it's pretty pathetic that this whole thing is staged though, and I wish they'd let it die but instead they've determined it's a great tool to whip their base into a frenzy. And obviously they're not wrong.

I'm not really that concerned about the security detail. It's a fact of life for those guys.

I do think it's pretty pathetic that this whole thing is staged though, and I wish they'd let it die but instead they've determined it's a great tool to whip their base into a frenzy. And obviously they're not wrong.

It just seems so juvenile. Like something a middle school classroom would have come up with. Did the Trump/Pence team really think that anyone would think this was authentic?

Trump may have poured gasoline on the fire but he's not the one who started the fire or let it burn so long.

It just seems so juvenile. Like something a middle school classroom would have come up with. Did the Trump/Pence team really think that anyone would think this was authentic?

Do you think the protesting/kneeling is authentic as in all those who do it feel oppressed while they make millions? :wave:

Trump may have poured gasoline on the fire but he's not the one who started the fire or let it burn so long.

Was it even still burning? He took a back page footnote that was a big story a year ago, and multiplied it by 100. And then having his puppets pull silly, pre-staged stunts like he did yesterday... he is doing all of this for his base. As he does every now and then to feel good about himself.

Do you think the protesting/kneeling is authentic as in all those who do it feel oppressed while they make millions? :wave:

I think the original batch of players were being authentic. Not saying I agreed with their tactics and/or choices, but I do think they believed they were doing it for a good cause. The 1000 or so players that joined up two weeks ago are not protesting oppression of the black man, they united in telling Trump to go fock himself.

I think the original batch of players were being authentic. Not saying I agreed with their tactics and/or choices, but I do think they believed they were doing it for a good cause. The 1000 or so players that joined up two weeks ago are not protesting oppression of the black man, they united in telling Trump to go fock himself.

Except that they claimed that is not what they were doing.

What have the numbers done since?

Gate ($$) is down and the owners are feeling the pinch.

You've got it backwards. The racists are the ones kneeling then flashing Black Power symbols. It's foolish to think they view you in any different light if you support them. You may think you're an ally but you're just a tool (in more ways than one).

:huh:

So the players say they are kneeling to draw attention to police brutality toward black people.

A certain segment of our population has created a straw man and is claiming they what the players are really protesting is flag and our troops.

Are you now implying that the players are actually protesting white people?

:huh:

So the players say they are kneeling to draw attention to police brutality toward black people.

A certain segment of our population has created a straw man and is claiming they what the players are really protesting is flag and our troops.

Are you now implying that the players are actually protesting white people?

They're not protesting the police as some would like to paint it. They're claiming oppression at the hands of whites hence doing so during the National Anthem. This is evident by some of them flashing the Black Power symbol (which could be considered racist of itself). The NFLPA is also supporting the Resist Movement. It's not about the Cops.

Is that not clear to you? :huh:

Except that they claimed that is not what they were doing.

Who's they? All those who locked hands or kneeled since Trump's 'fire the sons of bitches' outburst? They did that to show solidarity with those players that Drumpf was calling out. It couldn't have possibly have been a louder F U to pumpkin face.

They're not protesting the police as some would like to paint it. They're claiming oppression at the hands of whites hence doing so during the National Anthem. This is evident by some of them flashing the Black Power symbol (which could be considered racist of itself). The NFLPA is also supporting the Resist Movement. It's not about the Cops.

The NFL isn't supporting racism. You're just not bright enough to understand that.

What a drama queen.

Conservatives getting all bent out of shape about not standing for the national anthem is the equivalent of the Liberals getting all bent out of shape about confederate statues. Give me a focken break. Why is this crap important?

What a drama queen.

Conservatives getting all bent out of shape about not standing for the national anthem is the equivalent of the Liberals getting all bent out of shape about confederate statues. Give me a focken break. Why is this crap important?

What do you think is the purpose of the Anthem, and a national symbol like the US flag?

No, that isn't clear to me. I'm confident it never will be.

What do you think is the purpose of the Anthem, and a national symbol like the US flag?

The flag's purpose is to identify us....somewhat like a corporate logo identifies said corporation, or the way a team uses a color scheme and design to identify it's players. The anthem is an uplifting song meant to inspire a particular group.

As for what ours have come to symbolize, they are supposed to symbolize our way of life.......Freedom, equality, success. .......One justifiable reason for protest would be if someone doesn't think we are upholding those values.

The NFL isn't supporting racism. You're just not bright enough to understand that.

Newbs...........you're reverting to the behavior that got you banned. Chill out.

The flag's purpose is to identify us....somewhat like a corporate logo identifies said corporation, or the way a team uses a color scheme and design to identify it's players. The anthem is an uplifting song meant to inspire a particular group.

As for what ours have come to symbolize, they are supposed to symbolize our way of life.......Freedom, equality, success. .......One justifiable reason for protest would be if someone doesn't think we are upholding those values.

So guys that have been free to be equally successful if not more (they're millionaires) aren't justified in their protest.

Feels like you're dancing around the real reason. Is the purpose to unify us under a cause?

What flag would have ever lived up to such a thing?

If the flag is a symbol of an ideal, how would protesting it be anything other than emblematic of a lack of a desire to strive for that ideal?

No, that isn't clear to me. I'm confident it never will be.

What is the purpose of players raising the fist?

It's symbolic of punching Captain America, Santa Claus and the sweet Baby Jesus.

Why does it bother you? Are you against peaceful protest?

You answer first, and then I'll answer you.

It's symbolic of punching Captain America, Santa Claus and the sweet Baby Jesus.

You should consider that having to deflect about the real purpose and symbolism of the raised fist indicates where your allegiances lie.

What a focking b1tch. Dude knew damn well there was going to be a protest and only went to make a stupid point. Holy , what a pussay.

What would the perception be if white people were doing it? I'd love to see a white NFL player do it and then pan immediately to his black teammates to see their reaction. Or what the social media's reaction would be.

What a focking b1tch. Dude knew damn well there was going to be a protest and only went to make a stupid point. Holy ######, what a pussay.

I'd say it's forcing the issue.

The Cowboys and Dolphins are now requiring players to stand or don't play. If they want to continue costing the team revenue they can do so and not be paid. Protests often require sacrifices.........how about game checks? :bench:

You answer first, and then I'll answer you.

My answer doesn't matter. I've stated upthread that I wish they'd have found a different way to protest. I just have to laugh at the 'boycott the NFL' types. I just can't imagine being so racist that a guy kneeling would make me give up something I really enjoy.

Well, the meanings of words and symbols do tend to evolve depending on who uses them and what other people feel when seeing said word/symbol.

When I see the raising of the fist, I believe they want blacks empowered to the point of being treated equally in the country. But maybe I'm way off.

Well, the meanings of words and symbols do tend to evolve depending on who uses them and what other people feel when seeing said word/symbol.

When I see the raising of the fist, I believe they want blacks empowered to the point of being treated equally in the country. But maybe I'm way off.

Do you honestly think it wouldn't be called racist by minorities if whites did it?

What have the numbers done since?

Gate ($$) is down and the owners are feeling the pinch.

You keep saying this but i ask where?

Not in Detroit. Place was packed yesterday. PACKED!! where is this loss of gate $$??

You keep saying this but i ask where?

Not in Detroit. Place was packed yesterday. PACKED!! where is this loss of gate $$??

Detroit..............I'd have to ask a septic company to take a head count in that sh!thole to see about attendance.

Numbers are down in general. Cities such as Detroit, Oakland, etc.......aren't going to see that much of a decline.

What a focking b1tch. Dude knew damn well there was going to be a protest and only went to make a stupid point. Holy ######, what a pussay.

That was his protest in response. In so doing, he symbolized all of those who object to this blatant disrespect of the US flag.

Why is his point stupid, and the NFL player's protest not? Why is he the 'pussay', and the NFL players not?

Are you aware of the historical significance of the raised fist?

Pretty sure I've said this before;

The two black guys at the Olympics? Yeah,t hat was literally their ONLY opportunity to make a statement.

Mo Ali? Dude suffered REAL and irreparable consequences of his protest.

But these days? When there's like 94 different SM and other platforms available to make one's views and grievances known? When there are literally 300 press people who would almost literally kill for any kind of story available to you at the drop of a hat?

No. there's no reason for the on-field bullshiit. And what's Kap's cnsequence? Higher Jersey sales?

I have less of a problem that nitwit than I do with those trying to sell the whole "How's a poor negro boy able to make a statement about the wrongs in this horrible horrible world! Amurica is THE single toughest place for black people!" :cry:

There are plenty of ways to obtain the same objective without adding even more :argue: to the national discourse.

he seemed to leave and behave peacefully, are you not ok with peaceful protests? Conundrum