Sign in to follow this  
KSB2424

All Time Greatest Video Games ***The Draft***

May need a ruling on this one...

Mario Kart 64

Mario Kart is fine, spinoff.

but a miserable pick

Final Fantasy

It's early but, this thing is starting to feel like a blowout.

:)

Final Fantasy

agreed. you should have all stopped after I got tetris

I'ma miserable pricck

Yes, yes you are.

there's at least one Ruthian level game that has not been picked yet... and ya' know, if you were picking greatest baseball players and had Ruth or Gherig or Mays or Mantle on your roster, that'd make your team pretty good.

Final Fantasy

Nice, was definitely where I was going.

RuneScape is a div 3 school? Bullsh!t. More like a training factilty that every player has trained at in the world. If we are comparing it to something. Youve completely underestimated RuneScape and failed to realize how many gamers first game is RuneScape all because you probably never played it or didnt like it.

Also, another thing I want to mention and Im calling everyone out except 5 Point and Bunny. At least I am trying a little and being creative, you guys are all using this:

http://m.ign.com/lists/top-100-games

As your draft board and its weak as fock.

I have never heard of Runescape. You have never played it. I picked the most well known game of all time, which I played this past weekend, with the wife, who doesn't much like video games, and then Goldeneye, which I played endlessly. But you are calling people out....puh-leeeze.

Early request to push this to 8 Rounds.

You're gonna have to get six more "seconded's" (majority).

Personally I'll prolly run out of games I've played by round four. :doublethumbsup:

Peanut gallery here. Wondering if Tecmo Bowl was the franchise, or just the game.

Because Tecmo Super Bowl was far superior and amost cost me my high school diploma.

Peanut gallery here. Wondering if Tecmo Bowl was the franchise, or just the game.

Because Tecmo Super Bowl was far superior and amost cost me my high school diploma.

Never mind. Just read the rules.

ksb - You the f'n man of this draft!!!!!

Video games are for nerds.

At this rate we should end it now. :sleep:

I have never heard of Runescape. You have never played it. I picked the most well known game of all time, which I played this past weekend, with the wife, who doesn't much like video games, and then Goldeneye, which I played endlessly. But you are calling people out....puh-leeeze.

You didnt pick the most well known game of all time. RuneScape is the most well known game of all time. 200 million users dum dum.

Goldeneye was good for the year it came out and you probably just timed it well for the age you were. It is far from the greatest game and DEFINITELY isnt in an top 20. The game as glitch ridden and isnt rememered by anyone outside of that decade.

Clearly I just dont know my audience and this is just going to come down to what games you guys played the most and not what is actually the best game.

And my second pick Halo smashes Goldeneye if you think it is even a comparison it isnt worth arguing about.

At this rate we should end it now. :sleep:

:nono:

At this rate, I'll get credit for the next installment of Red Dead when it drops next year. :banana:

You didnt pick the most well known game of all time. RuneScape is the most well known game of all time. 200 million users dum dum.

Goldeneye was good for the year it came out and you probably just timed it well for the age you were. It is far from the greatest game and DEFINITELY isnt in an top 20. The game as glitch ridden and isnt rememered by anyone outside of that decade.

Clearly I just dont know my audience and this is just going to come down to what games you guys played the most and not what is actually the best game.

And my second pick Halo smashes Goldeneye if you think it is even a comparison it isnt worth arguing about.

I agree, I think Goldeneye was the 4th or 5th best FPS of the late 90's. But at the time playing video games on computers was nerdy and playing video games on consoles was alright. Many people put up with the crappy controls and graphics of Goldeneye because they did not know better.

:nono:

At this rate, I'll get credit for the next installment of Red Dead when it drops next year. :banana:

:first:

I give 90sbaby credit.

Never backs down from his opinion being the right opinion.

Are you focking kidding me?

terrible game, even for the time.

Are you focking kidding me?

it's an interesting debate... Donkey Kong was revolutionary in its time... and the origin of Mario... DK to Mario is Steamboat Willie to Mickey Mouse... but I don't really want to play DK anymore... and nobody goes to Disney looking for Willie.

so how do you rate this draft? do groundbreaking, legacy games get a lot of credit/points? Pong? Or are you trying to simply fill your roster with games you like and would play over and over again even today?

:dunno:

it's an interesting debate... Donkey Kong was revolutionary in its time... and the origin of Mario... DK to Mario is Steamboat Willie to Mickey Mouse... but I don't really want to play DK anymore... and nobody goes to Disney looking for Willie.

so how do you rate this draft? do groundbreaking, legacy games get a lot of credit/points? Pong? Or are you trying to simply fill your roster with games you like and would play over and over again even today?

The Beauty is in the eye of the Voter.

Walk up to someone on the street and ask them, "What is Runescape?", after they tell you they don't know, ask them "What is Pac-man?"

I liked Halo a lot as well. And yes, part of my pick is my historical significance with the game. Also, for me, there are no PC games. Its arcade and console only. Goldeneye 007 was the first console FPS, making it a legend, which was also crazy fun.

The Beauty is in the eye of the Voter.

yeah - and it's generational.

some of the youngsters here don't appreciate the Arcade craze of the late 70s early '80s - there are quite a few games from that era that dominated - kids were in lines with their quarters and getting your initials on the High Score board made you a boss with mad street cred.

This was my dilemma. I went with a homer pick in the first round. Then picked a game that I never played but was pretty big for it's time in the second round.
  • Like 1

yeah - and it's generational.

some of the youngsters here don't appreciate the Arcade craze of the late 70s early '80s - there are quite a few games from that era that dominated - kids were in lines with their quarters and getting your initials on the High Score board made you a boss with mad street cred.

This. I worked at the arcade and got paid in quarters. It's a huge part of my childhood.

• Like 1

This. I worked at the arcade and got paid in quarters. It's a huge part of my childhood.

:thumbsup:

I would beg my Dad to take me to his bowling night (bowling/dart hall with a bar)... sometimes he'd let me... and I'd be in their arcade at 11 - 14 years old putting high scores on <games I can't mention in a draft> - TD, TD, TD, TD... everywhere in the place... eventually some classmate's older brother would be in there, see the scores and next thing you know, I'm a middle school legend... it was fockin' righteous.

• Like 1