Sign in to follow this  
Hardcore troubadour

Tax Plan

Don't subsidize at all for anyone. This was strategic to hit blue states hardest.

So what? Youre not going to vote R anyway.

Not saying this is right, but it is how they think.

Loving these responses.

Wisconsin is a high tax state as well, though declining the longer that Walker is in office.

This targets the stupidity of high taxes and puts pressure on those levying them. You want to fix the high tax problem? Now you know where to go. All you have is higher costs of living where you live while playing more. It's a game, and you're pawns.

And I really get a kick out of liberals whining about this, since they've been targeting a specific segment of people with their progressive taxation nonsense for decades. Get a taste of what you've dished.

:first:

• Like 1

Don't subsidize at all for anyone. This was strategic to hit blue states hardest.

No, it hits high tax states, it doesn’t matter if they are blue or red. The fact that all high tax states are blue says more about the state than the bill. Liberals love taxes until they have to pay up too.

No, it hits high tax states, it doesn’t matter if they are blue or red. The fact that all high tax states are blue says more about the state than the bill. Liberals love taxes until they have to pay up too.

Well, it does appear to hit states that spend more on schools per pupil, so you got me there. When we all have our schools like West Virginia, Alabama and Mississippi, it will definitely be MAGA.

Remember this provision covers local taxes and not just state taxes. For some perspective, I pay about $7500 on local taxes where 60% of it goes to our schools. Is there waste? Of course, but it is far better to have money being spent locally than being run through the Federal government.

I find it amazing how many "conservatives" think that things are so black and white in this. You guys get led around so easily. :lol:

BTW - I am all for simplifying the tax code and reducing everyone's taxes. No argument there. I think that making these moves without corresponding reductions in spending is foolhardy. I also think that people are not going to be "getting back" as much as they think.

Well, it does appear to hit states that spend more on schools per pupil, so you got me there. When we all have our schools like West Virginia, Alabama and Mississippi, it will definitely be MAGA.

Remember this provision covers local taxes and not just state taxes. For some perspective, I pay about $7500 on local taxes where 60% of it goes to our schools. Is there waste? Of course, but it is far better to have money being spent locally than being run through the Federal government.

I find it amazing how many "conservatives" think that things are so black and white in this. You guys get led around so easily. :lol:

No one said it was black and white but you, Fatboy.

BTW - I am all for simplifying the tax code and reducing everyone's taxes. No argument there. I think that making these moves without corresponding reductions in spending is foolhardy. I also think that people are not going to be "getting back" as much as they think.

Speaking of being "led around so easily", educate yourself. While you're correct that cutting spending is really important, every major tax cut has resulted in serious increases in revenue to the Treasury. Stop buying bullsht memes and being easily led, Mr. "Black and White".

Which deductions and credits did they get rid of with big fraud exposures?

I thought that after this bill most and many more people will use the STANDARD DEDUCTION as opposed to using itemizing (individual deductions / credits).

Is that not the case? If so It's better than it was......

Also, any credit or deduction is a possible loophole. I know a guy that owns a landscaping company, he flies his family of 4 out to Disney every year, just so happens there is some sort of Turf Convention for one day that he goes to, but he writes the whole thing off as a business expense. ^_^

How many people do you think put in charitable contributions in between 400 and 499 dollars? (Over 500 you need receipts). Yet haven't donated a damn thing?

On and on and on.

I'm not going to go through all of this. But if it hasn't been said, remember, that any break for the middle and lower classes is scheduled as merely temporary and is set to expire. That's what kept the price of the bill down to a mere extra trillion or two to the deficit.

Bush did something similar back in the day. Remember when he mailed us all checks? What didn't get much press was that all of the tax benefits for most people expired conveniently the year bush left office. Pure political move so that the Republicans could say see? The next guy raised your taxes!

Not to conflate, but it was sort of a similar strategy with the status of forces agreement. See, Obama pulled us out of Iraq, by complying with what Bush had already agreed to years before...

The more people read this bill, the more it becomes clear that this government is now nothing but a plutocracy. Strike that, quite possibly kleptocracy.

Metaphorically, at its best, this bill on its best day might give a penny to the middle class and a million dollars to the upper class and the Trump spinners are trying to say see? It benefits everyone!

Luckily, the Corker benefit is getting a lot of press. And literally nobody, not even Trump supporters are buying that this is a bill for anybody but the rich. And nobody's buying the Trump, who holds more commercial real estate than anybody else in Washington somehow doesn't benefit from the tax break designed specifically for those who hold commercial real estate.

I'm not going to go through all of this. But if it hasn't been said, remember, that any break for the middle and lower classes is scheduled as merely temporary and is set to expire. That's what kept the price of the bill down to a mere extra trillion or two to the deficit.

No major tax cut plan has ever added to the deficit. This is simply a talking point that has long since been adopted by the easily led. I've explained why multiple times; I've posted every chart proving the assertion wrong - from JFK, to Reagan, to Bush - and this nonsense still persists.

Every one of you runs away when called on it.

Bush did something similar back in the day. Remember when he mailed us all checks? What didn't get much press was that all of the tax benefits for most people expired conveniently the year bush left office. Pure political move so that the Republicans could say see? The next guy raised your taxes!

There is at least some truth to this one. A one-time check was pathetic, insulting, and generally meaningless in the big picture. As for what expired? Blame Obama: he allowed them to expire. Your statement here doesn't assign any blame whatsoever to Congress and Obama, who had the power to extend them.

Not to conflate, but it was sort of a similar strategy with the status of forces agreement. See, Obama pulled us out of Iraq, by complying with what Bush had already agreed to years before...

Obama weasel-moved. He could do whatever he wanted, including changing the terms of that agreement, as terms had been violated.

The more people read this bill, the more it becomes clear that this government is now nothing but a plutocracy. Strike that, quite possibly kleptocracy.

Metaphorically, at its best, this bill on its best day might give a penny to the middle class and a million dollars to the upper class and the Trump spinners are trying to say see? It benefits everyone!

How do you expect those who pay only a minority of taxes to get a majority of cuts? There is no way to make that math work, thanks to long-term implementation of your ideology, which has continually shifted the majority of tax payments to those who earn the most.

But here's the funny thing: people whined when Reagan's cuts were supposedly geared "to the rich".

But "the rich" left the decade of the 80's paying a HIGHER PERCENTAGE of the total tax burden than before those cuts.

Why? For the same reason that tax cuts grow economies and increase net tax collection: those who have the ability to prosper earn more, and then pay more - even if the percentage they pay has declined.

Quick math, as you'll seize up on this.

What collects more taxes:

A. 30% of $1,000,000

B. 25% of $1,250,000

Take your time.

Luckily, the Corker benefit is getting a lot of press. And literally nobody, not even Trump supporters are buying that this is a bill for anybody but the rich.

That is a flat lie.

And nobody's buying the Trump, who holds more commercial real estate than anybody else in Washington somehow doesn't benefit from the tax break designed specifically for those who hold commercial real estate.

Who cares? Other people benefitting has fock all to do with whether you do.

I pay more than $10k in state and local taxes, plus property taxes, which are combined to be limited to $10k in the new tax bill. Remember, we have state income tax in MA (many blue states do) and our property taxes tend to be higher because of the value of the homes.

This does not mean your tax bill will go up!

The big winners are people with dependent children.

This does not mean your tax bill will go up!

The big winners are people with dependent children.

I will wait to see a little more before I worry one way or another. Gladly, I don't live paycheck to paycheck and I will make due either way.

Luckily, the Corker benefit is getting a lot of press. And literally nobody, not even Trump supporters are buying that this is a bill for anybody but the rich. And nobody's buying the Trump, who holds more commercial real estate than anybody else in Washington somehow doesn't benefit from the tax break designed specifically for those who hold commercial real estate.

I dont understand why Trump says this tax bill will hurt, yes HURT him when that is so transparently a lie. Even his biggest knob slobbers cant buy that one

I dont understand why Trump says this tax bill will hurt, yes HURT him when that is so transparently a lie. Even his biggest knob slobbers cant buy that one

Does he not pay property tax in the States that others are griping have high property taxes?

I find it interesting that the left is crying about this benefitting the rich. Who do they think benefited under Obama? It was the rich, and only the rich. Sure the rich will benefit from this. They always do. Difference is, this time so do I.

I find it interesting that the left is crying about this benefitting the rich. Who do they think benefited under Obama? It was the rich, and only the rich. Sure the rich will benefit from this. They always do. Difference is, this time so do I.

I think you sort of need to consider taxes as a whole, to really get an accurate picture. Example, the poorest of poor pay over 10% of their income to state and local taxes. Even those who don't make enough to pay Fed Taxes, still have payroll taxes (SS, Medicare, etc.), gas taxes, sales taxes etc. That all adds up to 1/5th of their income, give or take. While for someone like you or I that is a much smaller percentage of our income.

So, while it's true that the rich pay far more taxes, the poorest are the hardest hit, as they don't have much to begin with.

Of course, whether we should all pay a flat rate or some sort of progressive taxes, is a completely different discussion.

I thought Obama gave everything to the poor people who never paid taxes (Obamaphones, Obamacare, etc.).

I think you sort of need to consider taxes as a whole, to really get an accurate picture. Example, the poorest of poor pay over 10% of their income to state and local taxes. Even those who don't make enough to pay Fed Taxes, still have payroll taxes (SS, Medicare, etc.), gas taxes, sales taxes etc. That all adds up to 1/5th of their income, give or take. While for someone like you or I that is a much smaller percentage of our income.

So, while it's true that the rich pay far more taxes, the poorest are the hardest hit, as they don't have much to begin with.

Of course, whether we should all pay a flat rate or some sort of progressive taxes, is a completely different discussion.

Maybe they should work on bettering themselves financially?

Maybe they should work on bettering themselves financially?

Well, duh. Any more words of wisdumb you want to drop on us?

Well, duh. Any more words of wisdumb you want to drop on us?

I think everyone should contribute financially to our country. You care more about something you're financially invested in. Oh, and I'd love to see your links about those percentages. TIA.

I think that tax returns should never be larger than what was paid in to the system. How the fock does someone pay $1500 in taxes and get a return of $9000? It ain't right.

I think that tax returns should never be larger than what was paid in to the system. How the fock does someone pay $1500 in taxes and get a return of $9000? It ain't right.

No doubt. The child care tax credits just gives incentives for people to squeeze out kids that they can't afford to have. Although that is one of the reasons that I am for abortion.

I thought Obama gave everything to the poor people who never paid taxes (Obamaphones, Obamacare, etc.).

Ok. The poor made out, if you think continuing giving them things is making out. The middle didn't, but the rich sure did. And how come when Obama had his tax cut via cutting FICA in half for a few years that was ok? Its alright for him to cut a tax to boost his economy, but all of a sudden when Trump does it it's a problem.

Ok. The poor made out, if you think continuing giving them things is making out. The middle didn't, but the rich sure did. And how come when Obama had his tax cut via cutting FICA in half for a few years that was ok? Its alright for him to cut a tax to boost his economy, but all of a sudden when Trump does it it's a problem.

I didn't agree when Obama did it either. I think that tax cuts should have corresponding spending cuts (or even more). We spend too much.

I also agree with simplifying the tax code so that there are fewer loopholes and have it be more flat or based on spending.

• Like 1

I didn't agree when Obama did it either. I think that tax cuts should have corresponding spending cuts (or even more). We spend too much.

I also agree with simplifying the tax code so that there are fewer loopholes and have it be more flat or based on spending.

As do I. But I'm at the end of my rope thinking anything close to fair and simple will ever happen. I'll take a few thousand a year even if it's only temporary.

As do I. But I'm at the end of my rope thinking anything close to fair and simple will ever happen. I'll take a few thousand a year even if it's only temporary.

Meh. We can hope.

My issue is that I would rather spend more locally with my property taxes and state taxes where more goes to things that affect me (schools, police, fire, etc.) than what we spend on nationally, since that mess is riddled with waste. If I pay a local tax, I should not have to then get taxed again on that money that went out the door for taxes. There are good deductions and there are frivolous ones. We always seem to keep the frivolous ones.

So, on average, we're all getting a half a million dollar tax cut! :clap:

Not one democrat voted to lower your taxes. Criminal.

• Like 1

No major tax cut plan has ever added to the deficit. This is simply a talking point that has long since been adopted by the easily led. I've explained why multiple times; I've posted every chart proving the assertion wrong - from JFK, to Reagan, to Bush - and this nonsense still persists.

Every one of you runs away when called on it.

Nobody answers it because smart people use that as a profiler, if the person you are talking to believes it, they aren't worth your time to debate.

Nobody answers it because smart people use that as a profiler, if the person you are talking to believes it, they aren't worth your time to debate.

But you're 100% wrong, and I continue to attempt to drag you out of it. I've proven it already. It's fact in evidence. It's indisputable, so ideological opponents say stuff like you just instead.

Good news, for all the whining wallflowers:

This new tax plan includes a feature you'll like. If you don't like your tax bill, simply click on the "not my President" box, and you'll be taken to Obama's tax rates.

• Like 3

This new tax plan includes a feature you'll like. If you don't like your tax bill, simply click on the "not my President" box, and you'll be taken to Obama's tax rates.

It looks like all the complainers are the same people that said the stock market will crash if Trump is elected.

They also said ObamaCare would save the average family $2700 a year.

• Like 1

Ha!

• Like 1

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/12/20/fifth-third-bancorp-unveils-bonuses-minimum-wage-hike-after-tax-bill-passage.html

Companies handing out bonuses, raising their employees' minimum wage to $15.00.................. Pathetic that these ahole Dems are getting in front of the camera and saying this only benefits the rich.

Someone needs to loop those all together when 2018 Congress/Senate Races come up.

• Like 1

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/12/20/fifth-third-bancorp-unveils-bonuses-minimum-wage-hike-after-tax-bill-passage.html

Companies handing out bonuses, raising their employees' minimum wage to $15.00.................. Pathetic that these ahole Dems are getting in front of the camera and saying this only benefits the rich.

Someone needs to loop those all together when 2018 Congress/Senate Races come up.

Their only hope is impeachment. Expect the nonsense to ratchet up even more, if that's possible.

I bet there are a dozen major companies that do this by Xmas