Sign in to follow this  
Alias Detective

Blacks still have it tough per USA Today

I had some time off yesterday and was getting dressed in the morning while the TV was on to one of those stupid judge shows. This is the one with 3 separate judges and the case was a landlord claiming a tenant made all sorts of damages to the property. The judges are asking questions and they hear:

• Tenant is getting the house for free because the state pays low-income people. Seems like more than Section 8 does, but it is the same thing.
  • Tenant indicated that she had a hard time coming up with security deposit as the state program did not cover that because she did not work. When the judge asks why she doesn't work (is there a disability), the tenant indicates that, if she works, her subsidy is reduced by what she makes, so it is not worth it for her to work. The judge asks, "why the hell would anyone work if your handouts get reduced?"
  • Turns out the landlord was also sort of scamming the state because he was charging the state rent even when the tenant wasn't in the building because his contract was with the state and not the tenant.

But were these black people you are talking about??

I never heard of that in my life.

We don't take acid.

Even the kid that fried his brain wasn't dreaming about the day or planning it to receive checks.

Just stop it.

She caught you slippin kid. She knows her folks don't take acid. Stop tryimg to push the redneck agenda on her peoples.

Good catch peenie.

No one has answered how much they think it costs to rent an apartment in the poorest sections of Newark, NJ.

peenie, the problem with this question is apartments are subsidized. Therefore landlords can raise the rents to a cost the no one could actually afford to pay without subsidy. Another way liberalism keeps them in line. Those with actual jobs cannot afford anything.

I will say that there is in fact a sort of dependency or addiction that occurs if you get assistance for too long.

I will say that there is in fact a sort of dependency or addiction that occurs if you get assistance for too long.

Thats one of the problems. You see 3 and sometimes 4 generations living in the same home in impoverished neighborhoods (black and white). This dependency is all the kids know until they reach adulthood. Whats the incentive to work and advance? Work 60+ hours a week and struggle in the lower middle class? Yeah, right.

This has been going on for long enough that people at least have to say "maybe so", when we talk about the Dems not setting any real policies to help their voters succeed.

She caught you slippin kid. She knows her folks don't take acid. Stop tryimg to push the redneck agenda on her peoples.

Good catch peenie.

Bullsh!t. I went to a club in LA called PINK that was predominantly black dudes and white women.

I hung around the bar most of the night and the bartender (black dude) asked if I wanted some. He said most of the bruthas in the place were trippin in acid.

You can't get disability without first having a job.

Do you think there is some kid sitting in class somewhere dreaming about getting a job and all the riches he will receive after purposely disabling himself so he can receive a disability check?

No one in my working poor side of the family has ever received or wished to receive disability. NEXT

Affirmative Action....I've been working since I was 15 years old. That's a lot of jobs. Do you think any of them were affirmative action jobs?

What's an affirmative action job? I never received a card or a certificate that said I received a job through affirmative action. Do you think there is some sort of notification given to an employee that they are an Affirmative Action choice? We have no idea if we were placed in our position because of Affirmative Action, not in a job or in university. That is a silent decision. If I was affected by it, I wasn't told.

NEXT

No one has answered how much they think it costs to rent an apartment in the poorest sections of Newark, NJ.

Might not be the poorest, I only searched for a minute...but $750.

https://newjersey.craigslist.org/apa/d/renovated-studio-with-before/6430170692.html

Dont know about Newark, but my BIL and I used to own 8 condos in a 16 unit building in Bridgeport, CT back in the 90s. It was just outside the roughest ghettos of Bridgeport.

We rented the 2 BR units for $750/month and every one of them was section 8.

Bridgeport is mostly a sh!thole, but it borders Fairfield, Stratford and Trumbull, which are all nice areas with thriving economies and job opps.

Most of the other major CT cities heading south to NYC have a stop on the metro north line making it easier to get access jobs and education.

I dont buy the lack of opportunity argument at all.

That does it, I hate black people! :mad:

I don't.

I hate lazy leaching scumbag of all color. The question is, with a lots of years of "help" and "programs" aimed right focking smack dab on the head, to help the blacks, why are they still struggling?

• Like 1

Dont know about Newark, but my BIL and I used to own 8 condos in a 16 unit building in Bridgeport, CT back in the 90s. It was just outside the roughest ghettos of Bridgeport.

We rented the 2 BR units for $750/month and every one of them was section 8.

Bridgeport is mostly a sh!thole, but it borders Fairfield, Stratford and Trumbull, which are all nice areas with thriving economies and job opps.

Most of the other major CT cities heading south to NYC have a stop on the metro north line making it easier to get access jobs and education.

I dont buy the lack of opportunity argument at all.

Played for the Newark bears out of the Bluefish Stadium, in Bridgeport, as Newarks was being built. I concur, Bridgeport is a sh#thole.

I don't.

I hate lazy leaching scumbag of all color. The question is, with a lots of years of "help" and "programs" aimed right focking smack dab on the head, to help the blacks, why are they still struggling?

Well by making it about race you are implying that there is some kind of racial weakness that is to blame. Otherwise you're just talking about poor people whether black, white or brown :dunno:

Well by making it about race you are implying that there is some kind of racial weakness that is to blame. Otherwise you're just talking about poor people whether black, white or brown :dunno:

Minorities have many more options available to them than white people do.

That doesn't answer the question.

Is there a racial weakness, since there has been 70 years or "stuff" to help them specifically and they still lag as a race?

AND I hate lazy leaching scumbags of all color.

Minorities have many more options available to them than white people do.

And...? They still can't get it done, because of what race they are??

This line of thought only ends in racism. So unless you are going to defend racism... :dunno:

And...? They still can't get it done, because of what race they are??

This line of thought only ends in racism. So unless you are going to defend racism... :dunno:

ohhhh so if 70 years of helping one group fails you shouldn't look at the group? Because that's racist. Must instead be the racist handouts. Sound advice.

Nobody believes this,including yourself.

Ok. So riddle me this. Why is it you never see a lazy Ethiopian immigrant? A lazy guy from Chad. Or Tanzania? I have seen black people who would run circles around me,you or any Mexican. That's not a joke. It's not black people at all. These people come here and somehow are able to succeed why?

It's because those blacks appreciate the opportunities that the USA affords them. Blacks raised here are taught to serve their Democrat masters, in exchange for a sedentary life.

Yes you can.

I once sued a guy when I was a lawyer who was on disability. Had been since he took a bad hit of acid and fried his brain when he was 16.

It is commonplace among the scumbag community to apply for disability for your children when they are still teenagers. You see, its usually approved on the third try. Might as well get those first two out of the way young.

And the kicker... once it gets approved, you get back pay all the way back to the first filing.

I know all the tricks maggots use to live quite nicely with no legitimate income. Chased them for years.

In your opinion, what percentage of recipients are abusing/fraudulently collecting disability?

Just because we earn less doesn't mean we work less. You guys are mean. You're lucky I didn't start this thread or I'd delete it!!!!!

You all are evil!

(But not you Wormie)

In your opinion, what percentage of recipients are abusing/fraudulently collecting disability?

Most of them.

I really have no idea. But a whole lot.

I once read a stat that one in six people in the state of Tennessee received some sort of government assistance.

You have no idea how often somebody in full disability threatened to kick my ass. Now Im no badass, but Im a big enough dude that if you can kick my ass, you can work.

Then youd see people who should be on disability refuse out of pride.

Whole system is badly focked up obviously. There are doctors out there who basically do nothing but get people disability. They are tied in with the lawyers.

Just because we earn less doesn't mean we work less. You guys are mean. You're lucky I didn't start this thread or I'd delete it!!!!!

You all are evil!

(But not you Wormie)

Why do you lump yourself in with all blacks by constantly saying we do this, or we dont do that?

Seems like that perpetuates racism as much as the bigots who say they do this or they dont do that.

Society would be better served if everyone just viewed themselves as an individuals and conducted their lives accordingly.

• Like 1

You all are evil!

(But not you Wormie)

For the record peenie, I do not think there is anything more wrong or lazy about blacks than whites. As I said, most of the maggots I dealt with were white.

There are obviously some huge systemic and cultural problems in the inner city black community though. Same problems often exist in white trailer park communities.

Main difference is that there seems to be more violence in the inner city black community. Probably population density is a cause, making drug gangs more prevalent, etc.

My only point in pointing out the myriad programs that exist was that help has been attempted. Repeatedly. But it does no good.

Part of that is the nature of the help. Should be focused more on helping those willing and able to get out.

Part of that is the culture of the ghetto. The same drag anyone successful back down to the mean level. You see it in different types of communities all over the world. Hell, I see it where my fiancé comes from. She wisely tells her family she makes about half what she actually does. And they still try to mooch her dry.

• Like 1

I believe this is a key difference between liberals and conservatives. I think a minority of applicants abuse government aid.

That would depend on what your definition of abuse is.

I know for a fact that once people get on, they will do damn near anything to stay on. It was so hard to make a schedule at Waffle House without overtime (the ones who wanted to work) and not going over the maximum hours (those on benefits they didnt want to lose).

I believe this is a key difference between liberals and conservatives. I think a minority of applicants abuse government aid.

I thought you said disability?

I thought you said disability?

One type of government assistance. :dunno: