Sign in to follow this  
edjr

Going to Orlando end of March - Disney prices are focking OUTRAGEOUS!

I recently priced out a Disney world trip, stay on the monorail park passes etc etc it was in that 10-15k range with all the theme meals and whatnot.

Think wed rather do a Beaches Turks and Caicos all inclusive for that kind of $$.

:thumbsup:

Think wed rather do a Beaches Turks and Caicos all inclusive for that kind of $$.

i have been wanting to go there for years

Disney has become extremely expensive in the last few years (better economy).

Let's get something straight - Disney isn't a "vacation" - it's a lot of focking work and the reward is the better planned/prepared you are, the more cool sh!t your family can see and do.

I you haven't planned/prepared? Then you'll be one of those families that is exhausted and bickering while dragging a screaming, crying, disappointed kid down main street to wait in line 40 minutes for a jam packed bus.

Bottom Line: Disney is all about time management and wasting as little time as possible traveling or standing in lines.

Here are my Disney Tips:

1. Don't go now it's too focking expensive.

2. Stay on Disney Property - Fast Pass+ and "Extra Hours" in the parks for on-property guests is very valuable.

3. Choose a Disney Resort with many transportation options (bus, boat, monorail, walking). Again - time - and this usually means a Deluxe Resort... they're Deluxe because they're a bit nicer, but moreso because you have better access/rransportation/options.

4. Don't use Park Hopper. Plan and you don't need them.

5. Start with Dining Reservations - these are the foundation of your schedule. Character Meals, etc. And when choosing meals, be aware of what Park they are in and whether that park has any big night time finale events.

6. Once Meals/Big Events are scheduled, Get you Fast Passes booked. Now you have Meals, Events, and Big Attraction Rides all scheduled.

7. There is still plenty of time in between. This is where you hit the "b" rides and events. Plan time back at pool/hotel.

Do this and every day, you have at least one outstanding meal (not park fast food), 3 Headline rides, and one Night time Finale, plus whatever you fill in between for every day.

Keep in mind, booking this crap starts as much as 180 Days out - so get going now - it fills up fast.

If you don't operate this way, you'll be the douche eating raw chicken nuggets and standing in line for 6 hours total every day. You'll see nothing. Eat nothing. Be tired, miserable, and angry at the outrageous cost of such a sh!tty time.

After Disney - go to Aruba for a true vacation.

• Like 1

I recently priced out a Disney world trip, stay on the monorail park passes etc etc it was in that 10-15k range with all the theme meals and whatnot.

Exactly.

We love Disney. Been there a lot.

But it's gotten so expensive - we went to Aruba for half the price.

for the 2 of us universal was about $1900 plus our flight

Let's get something straight - Disney isn't a "vacation" - it's a lot of focking work and the reward is the better planned/prepared you are, the more cool sh!t your family can see and do.

I you haven't planned/prepared? Then you'll be one of those families that is exhausted and bickering while dragging a screaming, crying, disappointed kid down main street to wait in line 40 minutes for a jam packed bus.

Bottom Line: Disney is all about time management and wasting as little time as possible traveling or standing in lines.

Here are my Disney Tips:

2. Stay on Disney Property - Fast Pass+ and "Extra Hours" in the parks for on-property guests is very valuable.

3. Choose a Disney Resort with many transportation options (bus, boat, monorail, walking). Again - time - and this usually means a Deluxe Resort... they're Deluxe because they're a bit nicer, but moreso because you have better access/rransportation/options.

5. Start with Dining Reservations - these are the foundation of your schedule. Character Meals, etc. And when choosing meals, be aware of what Park they are in and whether that park has any big night time finale events.

6. Once Meals/Big Events are scheduled, Get you Fast Passes booked. Now you have Meals, Events, and Big Attraction Rides all scheduled.

7. There is still plenty of time in between. This is where you hit the "b" rides and events. Plan time back at pool/hotel.

Do this and every day, you have at least one outstanding meal (not park fast food), 3 Headline rides, and one Night time Finale, plus whatever you fill in between for every day.

Keep in mind, booking this crap starts as much as 180 Days out - so get going now - it fills up fast.

If you don't operate this way, you'll be the douche eating raw chicken nuggets and standing in line for 6 hours total every day. You'll see nothing. Eat nothing. Be tired, miserable, and angry at the outrageous cost of such a sh!tty time.

TYVM TDR

it doesn't have to be. disney will get you on virtually anything disney, but there are ways to enjoy and not pay 12k. you can also pick and choose where you want to drop you cash on disney... you do not have to do their meal plan, do not need to do fast pass, do not need to do the higher priced disney resorts. just have to weigh the perks/benefits of the costs. also depends how long your stay is. for me, a trip to orlando will be longer than to anaheim. there is a lot more to do in FL.... many more parks.

we have done Disneyland 3 times as a family and our daughter might be done. we did it differently for each visit. twice at the grand californian (great experience- love the disney hours, location, and a few other conveniences). did it once at a non-disney hotel. i was able to save on this because it was affiliated with my work. got a 3 bedroom and my mother flew down from sf. but also...these were long weekends

edit: i cannot stand crowds and negligent parents. choosing the disney vacations is less about us and all about the our daughter. i was fun seeing it through her eyes. i tend to be an optimist and put my energy into things to create positivity. we had a great time. there were moments when we needed a break from the crowds...so found some fun bars or would go back to the hotel for pool time, then go back into the parks later.

So Im looking at the Disneyland trip in the next year or two. Ill read up on the other crap but my main question is: is it worth it to stay at one of their hotels? Seems to me like it would be for convenience and maximizing time spent in the park. Also I focking hate crowds too so if I could easily avoid the peak hours of the day Id do it. Other thing is wed go during a slower time of the year for that same reason.

Here are my Disney Tips:

:pointstosky:

good posting. i am a natural planner. we take care of the "more popular" rides/events first, but then loosen the reigns in between. i try to remind myself that it is a vacation and we do not need to do everything and rigidly follow a minute to minute schedule

Paid for it with inheritance when my mom passed. Figured it was better to spend on my family than sluts and blow. But to each their own I guess. :dunno:

What happened to the can size requirement Mr. Rulebook?

Disney is way over rated. Buy a dishwasher.

both properties I own have them.

even have front loader washer/dryer machines.

What now?

So Im looking at the Disneyland trip in the next year or two. Ill read up on the other crap but my main question is: is it worth it to stay at one of their hotels? Seems to me like it would be for convenience and maximizing time spent in the park. Also I focking hate crowds too so if I could easily avoid the peak hours of the day Id do it. Other thing is wed go during a slower time of the year for that same reason.

iirc- there are 3 Disney resorts in anaheim. i found it worthwhile to stay at them for the extra park hours and location alone. reducing walking is nice for the younger kids.

My Disney thread from last year is worth a look if you want tips and tricks.

If you're looking to stay on a monorail hotel check out buying Disney vacation club points. It'll be way cheaper.

My Disney thread from last year is worth a look if you want tips and tricks.

If you're looking to stay on a monorail hotel check out buying Disney vacation club points. It'll be way cheaper.

We have a place and the flights are paid for.

I was just shocked when she sent me screen shots of the prices.

both properties I own have them.

even have front loader washer/dryer machines.

What now?

Pfft. No appliances in the pool houses? Ghetto rat.

:pointstosky:

good posting. i am a natural planner. we take care of the "more popular" rides/events first, but then loosen the reigns in between. i try to remind myself that it is a vacation and we do not need to do everything and rigidly follow a minute to minute schedule

Exactly. The big stuff is scheduled - tnen you just fill in.

The thing about Disney is that isn't not just a "rides" "amusement": park - there's a ton or smaller, rich, detailed things to enjoy. And a lot of times those smaller "fill in" activities lead to some of the best memories.

Here' s my proof - this is our 2015 Trip - I shot this whole think on my iPhone as we went and edited on my phone at night in the hotel. My kids and my family have some incredible memories from our Disney trips.

• Like 2

Pfft. No appliances in the pool houses? Ghetto rat.

No Pool :(

If you're looking to save some money, I heard there are alligators that eat kids.

I think that might make me some $

i have been wanting to go there for years

My sister just came back from there with her family, two kids roughly the same age as mine and raves about it. Great stuff for the kids. Live Sesame Street show every night, baby sitting and activities and whatnot. Easy relaxing vacation. Sign me up

• Like 1

We took my sons when they were 5 & 3. We only saw MK and Epcot.

I have no interest in going back.

Magic Kingdom is geared to the really young kids and Epcot is just a bunch of shops and restaurants with various country themes.

Its sorta silly to fly to Florida to visit a fake Germany where you can eat Americanized Schnitzel and buy genuine bier steins that are made in China.

Maybe the other parks are better.

Food there sucks. At least at those character dinners.

Food there sucks. At least at those character dinners.

you are mostly right. At disneyland we will grab lunch in the park at bengal bbq (skewers), and the places around new orleans plaza.

food is better in downtown disney. we do dinner there or at the hotel (grand californian has some nice restaurants)

you are mostly right. At disneyland we will grab lunch in the park at bengal bbq (skewers), and the places around new orleans plaza.

food is better in downtown disney. we do dinner there or at the hotel (grand californian has some nice restaurants)

We had dinner one night at the Brown Derby and I thought the food was excellent. Of course your starving so anything put in front of you is better.

Paid for it with inheritance when my mom passed. Figured it was better to spend on my family than sluts and blow. But to each their own I guess. :dunno:

Another loser living off the parents. Lol. Pay your own way leech.

You cant attach a price tag to the memories you are making with your kid. Go to focking Disney.

You cant attach a price tag to the memories you are making with your kid. Go to focking Disney.

We are going. But I can b1tch about the cost!!

Maybe I'll start a gofundme

• Like 1

Another loser living off the parents. Lol. Pay your own way leech.

Oh no. 12th'y called me a loser. My feewings are hurt. :(

:lol:

Oh no. 12th'y called me a loser. My feewings are hurt. :(

Who?

Went with the wife (36C) and two kids a couple of years ago. Stayed at the Beach Club Resort (Disney owned) 7 nights 6 days in the parks, park hopper (for us was worth it for dining) and dining package. With air fare it ran about $12,000. It was one of those one time trips so we didn't skimp. Looking back, I say it was worth it. :thumbsup:

Jesus Christ. You could have spent a week in high style anywhere in the world for less than that.

Im about to spend a month traveling for like 1/5 of that.

Im planning on taking the fiancé to Hong Kong Disney for her birthday in April. The park tickets are bad enough. But god damn, the resort prices are insane. But in Hong Kong, Disney is on the ass end of nowhere and there are no other options very close.

Focking greedy bastage mouse.

If your not staying on property, get tix from Undercovertourist.com. Saves you a few bucks. Also, if your not staying on property w/ dining, be very careful about character meals. Theyre super $$$. We go enough where we buy one Annual Pass for the free parking, etc. A ton cheaper sraying off property.

Exactly. The big stuff is scheduled - tnen you just fill in.

The thing about Disney is that isn't not just a "rides" "amusement": park - there's a ton or smaller, rich, detailed things to enjoy. And a lot of times those smaller "fill in" activities lead to some of the best memories.

Here' s my proof - this is our 2015 Trip - I shot this whole think on my iPhone as we went and edited on my phone at night in the hotel. My kids and my family have some incredible memories from our Disney trips.

Wow, great video. Really makes me want to take my kids to Disney in a few years, when theyre older. I would just love seeing them that excited.

• Like 1

But in Hong Kong, Disney is on the ass end of nowhere and there are no other options very close.

There are parts of Hong Kong that are the ass end of nowhere? Places with no option to stya nearby? Seems very, very unusual. As I recall it, you jump on the subway and can get from anywhere to anywhere in 40 mins or so.

There are parts of Hong Kong that are the ass end of nowhere? Places with no option to stya nearby? Seems very, very unusual. As I recall it, you jump on the subway and can get from anywhere to anywhere in 40 mins or so.

Disney is on Lantau island by the airport. Which is like an hour subway ride from city central.

Not a huge deal, but if youre only there for two or three days, a bit of a pita.

Jesus Christ. You could have spent a week in high style anywhere in the world for less than that.

Im about to spend a month traveling for like 1/5 of that.

Im planning on taking the fiancé to Hong Kong Disney for her birthday in April. The park tickets are bad enough. But god damn, the resort prices are insane. But in Hong Kong, Disney is on the ass end of nowhere and there are no other options very close.

Focking greedy bastage mouse.

Here's where you and I differ. I could care less what I can do. I have my fun. The trip was about the wife and kids.