Sign in to follow this  
BLS

Another school shooting....this time in Maryland

Gonna go on a limb here and guess most schools with SRO are mostly black schools. Same with metal detectors.

Every public middle and high school in Nashville has an SRO. They are trying to get elementary as well.

90s and Cyclone, going in circles doesnt help the argument guys. Everyone knows where the other stands on the matter, best to leave it at that.

No one buys a gun to stop a mass shooting. :doh:

They are brought to protect themselves and their family. Whether that be a mass shooting or a home invasion isn't really the point. Should I slow down for you Iowa?

Thats...my....whole....point.

We are bombarded by the whole Only a good guy with a gun crap....as if a regular civilian is stopping these. Its this type of nonsense promoted heavily by the NRA and pro gun folks to why we get these ideas that susan the librarian can stop a shooting. Its ridiculous.

Facepalm

Okay whats your point? That people don't buy them to stop mass shootings? That is news to no one.

There are plenty of instances of a concealed weapons permit holder stopping a crime. PLENTY.

I don't carry my gun to stop mass shootings. That's good stuff right there man.

I carry my gun to protect me and me only. I'm selfish like that. You speak about guns with such conviction and confidence yet completely naive that you don't have a clue what you are talking about. Thanks for the laugh. :thumbsup:

Do you wear a helmet when you're driving? You know you're a lot more likely to die in a car accident than being shot, right?

Do you wear a helmet when you're driving? You know you're a lot more likely to die in a car accident than being shot, right?

Sh1t. Half of the Geek Club wore a helmet on the short-bus to school.

Such a dumb and childish argument. :lol:

Yeah man I also bring a parachute as my carry on when I fly. :banana:

Yeah man I also bring a parachute as my carry on when I fly. :banana:

Haha...nice.

Why? Why would you feel the need to carry a gun to protect yourself but not take similar measures to protect yourself from a much more statistically likely happenstance? Just admit that you carry a gun because it makes you feel like a tough guy. :dunno:

Why? Why would you feel the need to carry a gun to protect yourself but not take similar measures to protect yourself from a much more statistically likely happenstance? Just admit that you carry a gun because it makes you feel like a tough guy. :dunno:

What other long range self defense do I have if I do not carry my gun?

90s and Cyclone, going in circles doesnt help the argument guys. Everyone knows where the other stands on the matter, best to leave it at that.

Part of the problem is that Cyclone has tailored his argument such that he is, technically, correct.

Cyclones parameters are that a minimum of 4 people have to have been shot for it to qualify as a "mass shooting". So, for instance, if a civi with a CCW permit uses their gun to stop a shooter at 3 victims, even if he/she had intended to shoot more people, Cyclone won't count it as "stopping a mass shooting".

He used to stipulate that the "good guy" could not be current or former LEO or military. I see now that he's including current or former security guards as well.

Also, the shooter can not know any of his/her victims. It has to be a completely random event.

In other words, it has to be a completely random attack where a minimum of 4 people are killed and the attacker is stopped by a random civilian, with no firearms training, illegally carrying a concealed weapon in a GFZ.

So by those standards, he's correct, you don't see that everyday.

Some of us are using common sense, real life scenarios to prove that good guys with guns stop bad guys with guns everyday.

CNN has already pushed this story to the bottom of their page.

I guess handgun + shooter killed by armed officer does not help their propaganda.

More important stories:

- Trump bangs hot chick

- Trump bangs another hot chick

- Trump congratulates Putin, just like Obama did

Poor CNN, such a mess

• Like 1

I don't know, I'm just trying to figure out how people decide which highly unlikely event to plan for on a daily basis. :dunno:

Part of the problem is that Cyclone has tailored his argument such that he is, technically, correct.

Cyclones parameters are that a minimum of 4 people have to have been shot for it to qualify as a "mass shooting". So, for instance, if a civi with a CCW permit uses their gun to stop a shooter at 3 victims, even if he/she had intended to shoot more people, Cyclone won't count it as "stopping a mass shooting".

He used to stipulate that the "good guy" could not be current or former LEO or military. I see now that he's including current or former security guards as well.

Also, the shooter can not know any of his/her victims. It has to be a completely random event.

In other words, it has to be a completely random attack where a minimum of 4 people are killed and the attacker is stopped by a random civilian, with no firearms training, illegally carrying a concealed weapon in a GFZ.

So by those standards, he's correct, you don't see that everyday.

Some of us are using common sense, real life scenarios to prove that good guys with guns stop bad guys with guns everyday.

I'm just using the FBI standard of four people to qualify as a mass shooting. That's it.

I don't know, I'm just trying to figure out how people decide which highly unlikely event to plan for on a daily basis. :dunno:

Are you really comparing wearing a helmet in a vehicle that already has safety precautions to prevent you from being harmed to carrying a handgun with a concealed carry license? So dumb. So focking dumb.

Are you really comparing wearing a helmet in a vehicle that already has safety precautions to prevent you from being harmed to carrying a handgun with a concealed carry license? So dumb. So focking dumb.

Yep, because even with existing safety precautions you're still MUCH more likely to die in a car accident than by being shot, and there are still many things you can do to make yourselves much safer in your car - the afore-mentioned helmet, a five-point-harness, a roll-cage, etc,- but you probably don't do any of them. And that's because none of this is really about protecting yourself, it's about thinking you're cool because you're packing a gun.

Really? I thought that would increase th likelihood of the gun being used in an incorrect manor? So much so, you advocated against guns in school in a different thread. I'm lòst spinning in circles trying to keep up.

No, you're lost in the details. We were talking about arming teachers, not hiring trained guards.

Although I think armed guards is expensive overkill for such an unlikely event, it is an infinitely better idea than teachers carrying guns.

No, you're lost in the details. We were talking about arming teachers, not hiring trained guards.

Although I think armed guards is expensive overkill for such an unlikely event, it is an infinitely better idea than teachers carrying guns.

Spoken like a man without kids. :thumbsdown:

I carry mine on me because I always have since I was old enough. Not because I want to be Rambo. I hope that I am never in situation where I ever have to use it.

So it is a habit at this point?

I'm just using the FBI standard of for people to qualify as a mass shooting. That's it.

I know. My only complaint is that you refuse to concede it's possible that in many instances Joe Blow may very well have stopped the shooter before he reached the 4 victim threshold. If we eliminate that requirement we see that Joe Blow steps up all the time.

I know. My only complaint is that you refuse to concede it's possible that in many instances Joe Blow may very well have stopped the shooter before he reached the 4 victim threshold. If we eliminate that requirement we see that Joe Blow steps up all the time.

I will give you that as long as you will also concede that he may have been done shooting as well.

Just taking the Texas shooter for example who killed 26 and then left. The narrative from the pro-gun folks is that he could have gone on to shoot a lot more. Well we don't know that. So yes I will give you that I'm assuming he's done shooting when he could have done more. But you also have to say he may not have done anymore either.

You don't need long range self defense in everyday life, and you aren't increasing your safety when the gun is more likely to be used for harm.

Spoken like a man without kids. :thumbsdown:

You wanna budget armed officers for every school in the country? Our schools already suck, and diverting money for highly improbable events aint gonna improve them.

Yep, because even with existing safety precautions you're still MUCH more likely to die in a car accident than by being shot, and there are still many things you can do to make yourselves much safer in your car - the afore-mentioned helmet, a five-point-harness, a roll-cage, etc,- but you probably don't do any of them. And that's because none of this is really about protecting yourself, it's about thinking you're cool because you're packing a gun.

Okay. :lol:

Gonna go on a limb here and guess most schools with SRO are mostly black schools.

Nope... All schools in Fairfax County Virginia, has a school resource officer, even the ones that has a population from rich affluent areas...

Wrong. You were arguing the presence of a gun increases the likelihood of misuse regardless of the intend user.

• Like 2

I will give you that as long as you will also concede that he may have been done shooting as well.

Just taking the Texas shooter for example who killed 26 and then left. The narrative from the pro-gun folks is that he could have gone on to shoot a lot more. Well we don't know that. So yes I will give you that I'm assuming he's done shooting when he could have done more. But you also have to say he may not have done anymore either.

Most of these guys off themselves when they're done so the fact the the Texas guy left does leave open the possibility that he had more in mind.

It is also totally possible that he was done and was just trying to get away.

You wanna budget armed officers for every school in the country? Our schools already suck, and diverting money for highly improbable events aint gonna improve them.

I'd rather spend money on making sure children are safe in schools than give it to some shithole country.

Nope... All schools in Fairfax County Virginia, has a school resource officer, even the ones that has a population from rich affluent areas...

Every public middle and high school in Nashville has an SRO. They are trying to get elementary as well.

Many schools apparently have these SRO already.

Many schools apparently have these SRO already.

My high school had one in the late 80's.

What was the SROs name?

Blaine Gaskill

A true hero.

Pot...kettle. accept other than the Uber driver case you can't find one that wasn't done by someone highly trained.

The problem with this talk is you (as in your side in this fight) first said you wanted trained people. When it's shown that the person was trained, you move the goal posts to "highly trained". Now that it's show the person was "highly trained", where are the goal posts moving next? "Super Highly Trained"?

BAN assault bow and arrows!!!!

What do "assault bow and arrows" look like? Are they the scary looking ones that do the same amount of damage as the non-scary looking ones? They're just....y'know....REALLY, REALLY SCARY looking.

What do "assault bow and arrows" look like? Are they the scary looking ones that do the same amount of damage as the non-scary looking ones? They're just....y'know....REALLY, REALLY SCARY looking.

BAN high capacity quivers!!!!