Sign in to follow this  
iam90sbaby

Utah teen shamed for wearing 'racist' dress to prom, sparking cultural appropriation debat

Yeah, just don't have the energy to bring up story about how black people are now getting pissed off that hotels aren't offering hair care products for their brand of Brillo. yourself

I don't know why American kids would want to emulate inferior cultures/ tribes

So, feel free to face punch the next slope you see wearing a Ralph Lauren polo shirt.

You cant be racist to white people. Also, black people cant be racist (literally the exact words from liberals and blacks)

I had to like a tweet by a Chinese teenager glad to see this girl thought the Chinese style was beautiful, and then an Indian teenager responded to her that she agreed and wished someone would wear a sari to prom.

That's sanity and appreciation of life/beauty. SJWs are joyless.

• Like 2

So, feel free to face punch the next slope you see wearing a Ralph Lauren polo shirt.

They don't care. This is on white American liberals who take it upon themselves to get offended on behalf of groups who don't know better.

I don't know why American kids would want to emulate inferior cultures/ tribes

Thats a pretty focking ignorant attitude.

Every culture has something cool about it. Clothes or art or music or food or something.

Fock, western culture wouldnt exist without things it borrowed from other cultures.

Thats a pretty focking ignorant attitude.

Every culture has something cool about it. Clothes or art or music or food or something.

Fock, western culture wouldnt exist without things it borrowed from other cultures.

How can the truth be ignorant? I know it's not fashionable to say it, but the USA is the best this particular planet has to offer. If you feel different , please share. But let me cut you off if you're going to say China or any Asian country. That would be silly and you know it.

How can the truth be ignorant? I know it's not fashionable to say it, but the USA is the best this particular planet has to offer. If you feel different , please share. But let me cut you off if you're going to say China or any Asian country. That would be silly and you know it.

First of all, the word best inherently implies an end goal. Best for what purpose? In terms of development and modernization, yes, western culture is the best. In other things, maybe not. I dunno.

But even assuming your argument (and being a westerner myself, I would) just because one thing is the best doesnt mean none of the others have anything to offer.

Do you watch only one tv channel? Read only one book? Listen to only one song?

By wearing a Chinese dress, she is not saying, gee, I reject my judeo Christian Greek rationalist western heritage and truly embrace Chinese Confucian and Taoist culture.

Its a dress. She thinks it looks pretty. Thats it.

You ever eat Mexican food? Why? Inferior culture. See my point?

First of all, the word best inherently implies an end goal. Best for what purpose? In terms of development and modernization, yes, western culture is the best. In other things, maybe not. I dunno.

But even assuming your argument (and being a westerner myself, I would) just because one thing is the best doesnt mean none of the others have anything to offer.

Do you watch only one tv channel? Read only one book? Listen to only one song?

By wearing a Chinese dress, she is not saying, gee, I reject my judeo Christian Greek rationalist western heritage and truly embrace Chinese Confucian and Taoist culture.

Its a dress. She thinks it looks pretty. Thats it.

You ever eat Mexican food? Why? Inferior culture. See my point?

Sure. I get it. But if these inferior cultures are going to get upset because someone is paying them a compliment by appreciating enough of their culture to put it on display, then salty focks like me will let em know whats up, if only to Piss them off. And I know Asians probably DGAF, so it's really directed at SJW's and those who have decided to describe themselves as a "person of color", like Indians and Arabs are now doing, sidling up to the blacks, as if the way they've been treated is even close to how blacks were treated at one time in the U.S.. Arabs and Indians have had it pretty easy in this country compared to anyone else who showed up on our shores with no money.

It's really quite simple. If a white girl wears an Asian dress it's bad. If a white man wears an Asian dress it's a celebration!

• Like 1

It's really quite simple. If a white girl wears an Asian dress it's bad. If a white man wears an Asian dress it's a celebration!

You have an oddly accurate point here

Sure. I get it. But if these inferior cultures are going to get upset because someone is paying them a compliment by appreciating enough of their culture to put it on display, then salty focks like me will let em know whats up, if only to Piss them off. And I know Asians probably DGAF, so it's really directed at SJW's and those who have decided to describe themselves as a "person of color", like Indians and Arabs are now doing, sidling up to the blacks, as if the way they've been treated is even close to how blacks were treated at one time in the U.S.. Arabs and Indians have had it pretty easy in this country compared to anyone else who showed up on our shores with no money.

Yeah, youre gripe is with the nutjob sjw. The cultures in question couldnt care less what we wear, eat, listen to, etc.

:thumbsup:

It wouldn't bother my Asian wife or coworkers. :dunno:

I asked my wife last night and she did not see what the big deal was. Her exact words were, "If the girl thinks the dress makes her look pretty then she should wear it".

Edit, probably not exact, I bet i paraphrased a little bit. :doh:

Cultural appropriation complaint: stupid

Was having them all pose with their hands together like that dumb? Yeah, a bit.

My country is the world. They are all my cultures. :dunno:

I am a patriot.

And I love my country

Because my country

Is all I know.

And the river opens for the righteous.

You know, if only there was a way, I don't know, some kind of magic technology, whereby you could just share your pictures with the people who know and love you. Not to mention, the only people who give a about what you did Saturday Night.

I don't know. You think with all this technology in the world, there'd be a way to do that.