Sign in to follow this  
porkbutt

summer plans?

No, I was actually underpaid when compared to other cops. Nice attempt, but failure.

I, too am underpaid relative to other physicians. Especially when you consider the cost of living in HI. What do I win?

I, too am underpaid relative to other physicians. Especially when you consider the cost of living in HI. What do I win?

You get to make that claim, which is all I did. If it's a fact, it's a fact. No need to get pissy about it sister.

You get to make that claim, which is all I did. If it's a fact, it's a fact. No need to get pissy about it sister.

It's an opinion. And I ain't getting pissy, nor am I asking for a large portion of my salary for life...nobody deserves that IMO.

I cant figure out why you are harping on this. He could be a worm farmer and I dont care. I am not going to take his medical advice any more than I would take a Google search. He could be a great doctor, but I dont care.

This guy gets it.

Bullsh!t. Your pay was arbitrary. And why do only some jobs deserve a pension?

For the record, I think law enforcement officers are probably underpaid, but the concept of "earning" a fraction of your salary indefinitely is silly. Especially when it is involuntarily funded by taxpayers who had no say in its determination.

The funny part is the average NYPD beat cop salary is around $70,000 today. HT claims to have earned well in excess of $100,000/year when he retired many years ago but somehow he was underpaid anyway.

The funny part is the average NYPD beat cop salary is around $70,000 today. HT claims to have earned well in excess of $100,000/year when he retired many years ago but somehow he was underpaid anyway.

Funny thing is this dipshit never heard of overtime. And "average". Lol.

Today in 2018 the high end is $85k plus OT. Lets say HT earned the absolute top rate plus 30% for overtime when he retired some unspecified number of years ago. Thats $110k. Didnt he brag about making vastly more than $100k? Smells like horsesh1t.

Tanatastic should look into this.

Today in 2018 the high end is $85k plus OT. Lets say HT earned the absolute top rate plus 30% for overtime when he retired some unspecified number of years ago. Thats $110k. Didnt he brag about making vastly more than $100k? Smells like horsesh1t.

Tanatastic should look into this.

Yup. Worked hard those last two years. Really hard. You shouid try it instead of playing around here all day. Maybe you would make 100k at some point. Lol.

If I work hard enough, can I earn 130% of the top end for my profession 10 years into the future? And if I did, will I complain about having been underpaid in 2028? :unsure:

If I work hard enough, can I earn 130% of the top end for my profession 10 years into the future? And if I did, will I complain about having been underpaid in 2028? :unsure:

130k was about right. I retired in July and had made 90k by that point. I was tired though.

Wow, earned 40% more than todays top rate 10 years ago? That HT must be a real go getter.

I can see how he manages to watch the kids all day and then drive Lyft for 50 hours per week while posting 30,000 times on a low rent lightly trafficked message board in two years. :thumbsup:

Wow, earned 40% more than todays top rate 10 years ago? That HT must be a real go getter.

I can see how he manages to watch the kids all day and then drive Lyft for 50 hours per week while posting 30,000 times on a low rent lightly trafficked message board in two years. :thumbsup:

Yup. Locked up a lot of bad guys. I was a machine. Some of the parades were great, some sucked. Take a guess which ones sucked. That's why I have better stuff than you.

Did they throw a parade every time you locked away a bad guy? Or just special occasions, like when you locked away Zed and the Scullions and cleaned up the 16th Precinct? :dunno:

No wonder they paid you 140% of the going rate. :D

Both the cops on this board brag about the money they somehow made yet every other cop everywhere including tv talks about how they are underpaid and make nowhere near that amount. We have the two highest earning law enforcement agents in the country on our board it seems. A job where you could be shot dead in a given day is prob underpaid regardless though.

It's an opinion. And I ain't getting pissy, nor am I asking for a large portion of my salary for life...nobody deserves that IMO.

I should think the pension was gained through collective bargaining sometime in the past, which was approved by local governmental officials who were either elected by the people or who were appointed by a person elected by the people.

Did they throw a parade every time you locked away a bad guy? Or just special occasions, like when you locked away Zed and the Scullions and cleaned up the 16th Precinct? :dunno:

No wonder they paid you 140% of the going rate. :D

There is no 16pct in NYC. And if there was, it would be in Manhattan. Do you mean Mid-town south?

Both the cops on this board brag about the money they somehow made yet every other cop everywhere including tv talks about how they are underpaid and make nowhere near that amount. We have the two highest earning law enforcement agents in the country on our board it seems.

Base pay was low for me. I made it up with OT. And I'm not the one who brought it up. So there.

Both the cops on this board brag about the money they somehow made yet every other cop everywhere including tv talks about how they are underpaid and make nowhere near that amount. We have the two highest earning law enforcement agents in the country on our board it seems.

I dont doubt HTs efficiency though. Dude finds a way to watch the kids all day and drive Lyft all night while posting 24/7. He clearly gives 140% and deserves to be paid as much, adjusted for inflation 10 years into the future. :thumbsup:

If he was underpaid its probably because his boss wondered how a NYC beat cop doesnt understand IP addresses and thinks Harlem is bigger than Philadelphia. Must have put a cap on his earning potential. :(

You guys could have also went the poodietry route with Seinfeld.

gross

I think both HT and pen are being honest about their respective careers.

I think MDC is too. Lol

I think both HT and pen are being honest about their respective careers.

It’s just that around here it seems the cupcake always has to have extra frosting and sprinkles added on top. It can never be just a cupcake.

Its just that around here it seems the cupcake always has to have extra frosting and sprinkles added on top. It can never be just a cupcake.

When have I done that? Have I ever portrayed myself as some suoercop? Ive always said I was a humble patrolman.

When have I done that? Have I ever portrayed myself as some suoercop? Ive always said I was a humble patrolman.

I distinctly remember you saying you were part of the "Time Enforcement Commission" and helped bring down a corrupt Senator. You even said they made a movie about it starring Jean Claude Van Damme.

I distinctly remember you saying you were part of the "Time Enforcement Commission" and helped bring down a corrupt Senator. You even said they made a movie about it starring Jean Claude Van Damme.

That would explain why they paid him 130% more than the top rate of other humble patrolmen 10 years into the future. :thumbsup:

My vacation just got shot to sh!t because of mrs' (36C) health :(

She wants me to go ahead and do something though,either keep with original plan or think of a new one.

My vacation just got shot to sh!t because of mrs' (36C) health :(

She wants me to go ahead and do something though,either keep with original plan or think of a new one.

A. I hope she's ok.

B. What was the original plan?

C. Where are you going to tell her your going?

D. Where are you really going?

That would explain why they paid him 130% more than the top rate of other humble patrolmen 10 years into the future. :thumbsup:

Where did you pull out this 130% number? Of your ass again? How much stuff is up there?

A. I hope she's ok.

B. What was the original plan?

C. Where are you going to tell her your going?

D. Where are you really going?

A.She's okay just can't travel

B.Mississippi to Alabama to Florida back to Mississippi,to Louisiana back to Missouri

C.Working on plans now

D.See C

Bier hooked me up with a big list of recommendations for food and activities on my trip to Maui in a few weeks. Will be going down his list for sure. Wife was excited that I did something useful.

What was this thread about?

The fact that you are obviously lieing about flooring.

Bier hooked me up with a big list of recommendations for food and activities on my trip to Maui in a few weeks. Will be going down his list for sure. Wife was excited that I did something useful.

I'd trust everything Bier says about food. I've been to quite a few places he's recommended and they've all been extraordinary.

The fact that you are obviously lieing about flooring.

Oh yeah.

Today has been so much of a pain in the ass at work that I would seriously consider trading careers with digby right now.

And of course, it all happens on the day before Im going away for a long weekend with the family. I never seem to be able to get away without having something hanging over my head, making it next to impossible to enjoy my time away.

• Like 1

I'd trust everything Bier says about food. I've been to quite a few places he's recommended and they've all been extraordinary.

I do, we will be stopping at the places on his list pretty much exclusively.

Oh yeah.

Today has been so much of a pain in the ass at work that I would seriously consider trading careers with digby right now.

And of course, it all happens on the day before Im going away for a long weekend with the family. I never seem to be able to get away without having something hanging over my head, making it next to impossible to enjoy my time away.

It never fails. The best vacation I've ever taken was this summer when I went out of the country. My company blocks ALL IPs from non-US addresses. Couldn't even check email on my phone.

I painted my front door today.

I'm getting a new storm door put in tomorrow.